Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 09:27 PM   #121  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Hawaii - Yeah, my exercise routine has been kind of hit or miss over the holiday. I'll be glad to get back to the normal routine. I think after the crazy year I just really needed to take a total break - I have had very little motivation to do much of anything.

Catlady - I really wish my natural tendency was to be "good" too! Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. Training myself, but not quite there!

Jenny - I love your description of skating! Good for you for getting out there - must have been a ton of fun.

I read pretty much everything except romance novels. I've always read everything I can get my hands on and I managed to get my hands on a bunch of advance copies of books that are coming out soon so I am in heaven.

Back to work tomorrow and I can only imagine how much work is sitting on my desk. Oh well, keeps me out of trouble..... maybe.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:38 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

good morning ladies...thanks for the welcome and the comments on my little turkey. I'm pretty lucky with her. Having problems posting as much as I'd like so I'm carving out some time during a nap when I probably should be napping myself! ha!

evemomma I'm determined to get this eating healthy and having a baby around. Thankfully with this type of diet I can do minimum exercise like my walking videos. I had grand plans for a half marathon before I went back to work but they are now a summer 10k plan lol.

slipfree I'm all about peaceful routines, starting a reboot on the 27 Dec really made the weight on my shoulders release. This is my first reboot since starting maintenance...I managed to not have to reboot during that entire time by always nipping it in the bud. The VIP and I (my husband) are doing this together although he'll fix it before I do...grr

ruth ann good to see you around...so do you read Outlander series? I got addicted to that series over 10 years ago.

See you all lighter! Although I may not post I'm now reading daily...
Old 01-05-2015, 09:51 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 240.8/152.4/155

Height: 5'3"

Okay Maintainers...I need some help silencing my inner brat and kicking my butt in gear!

My original goal when I started IP (doing all on my own using alternative products) was 155. I weighed in this morning at 152.4. I have been seriously losing my hair since the end of July (have lost 70% of its volume), and I know it's time to move on to Phase 2. However, I am really not ready to leave the comfort of Phase 1, the strict rules, and the assurance that I will not gain weight. I had wanted to get down to 150 so I would have a little wiggle room before hitting my scream weight.

Should I start Phase 2 on Monday, even if I don't hit 150, or do I wait? If I wait, am I just prolonging the uncomfortable feelings I know I am having regarding moving on??
Old 01-05-2015, 10:04 AM   #124  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMom View Post
Okay Maintainers...I need some help silencing my inner brat and kicking my butt in gear!

My original goal when I started IP (doing all on my own using alternative products) was 155. I weighed in this morning at 152.4. I have been seriously losing my hair since the end of July (have lost 70% of its volume), and I know it's time to move on to Phase 2. However, I am really not ready to leave the comfort of Phase 1, the strict rules, and the assurance that I will not gain weight. I had wanted to get down to 150 so I would have a little wiggle room before hitting my scream weight.

Should I start Phase 2 on Monday, even if I don't hit 150, or do I wait? If I wait, am I just prolonging the uncomfortable feelings I know I am having regarding moving on??
Remember that you will likely continue to lose a bit in P2 - you stay in ketosis but add about 200 calories to your day with the additional protein. You don't actually come out of ketosis until P3 when you add back the complex carbs in your big breakfast.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:10 AM   #125  
maintaining since 9/2013

Hi Maryland Mom, Congratulations! Most people that lose hair on P1 regain it. You can find an IP thread on Hair loss. It seems to be related to calorie restriction. My hair loss set in right as I phased off, continued for a few weeks, and grew fully back after a few months on maintenance. I didn't take any special supplements. Hang in there!

Many people continue to lose weight as they phase off. According to my coach, as you up the calories in P2 & even P3 & 4, your metabolism increases and so it burns calories even faster. Everyone 's different, of course. Would you feel more comfortable by phasing off more slowly, taking more time especially in Phase 2?

Your uncomfortable feelings about maintenance are your friend--they will keep you focused and careful as you figure out P4. It's different than what you have been doing, so give yourself time & enjoy the results of your hard work.Reading the P4 meal plan thread can give you good ideas if you are wondering what in the world to eat!

Last edited by mars735; 01-05-2015 at 10:18 AM.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:53 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Ishbel I started reading the Outlander novels when they first came out. Have read through the first five at least twice, but kind of got stuck at 7. Are you watching the series on Starz? It's amazing.

RuthAnn I love books. I read lots of different things too. Right now I am reading River of Doubt for my book club. It's about Teddy Roosevelt's journey in the Amazon after he left the White House. I just started it last night but I think I will like it.

Maryland Trying to decide when to move from the safety of P1 to P2 can be scary. I had the same problems as you...hair loss, diet fatigue, not at my (in my head) goal weight. When I first started my goal weight was 150. I kept going just to see "how low can I go". But I got to the point where I realized that was just an arbitrary number I picked. I felt good, I liked the way I looked, the hair loss was really bothering me and I decided to start P2 at 143. As you can see from below my ticker, I continued to loose in P2 & P3. I've only been in Maintenance for a week, but my weight has gone up and down in that week. So I don't have enough data to say where my scream weight or lowest weight will be.

I guess what I'm saying is that it's a very individual decision. From what I understand, there is no reason why, if after a few months of maintaining, that if you decide to, you can go back to P1 and see if the extra lbs come off. Or maybe they will come off with exercise. P1-P3 give you very little in the way of choices. P4..is all about choices. You just have to make the right one for you. It's a bunch of trial and error until you figure out what works best for you. But you will get tons of support and advice here to help you.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:06 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hey, Jenny! I'm an 'old lady', my roller skates aren't blades - they look like skate board wheels underneath the boot. They are my originals from 34 years ago. I take very good care of them and never used them outside - only in rinks.
Glad you 'didn't take out any small children' on your skate adventure, (actually more like me rolling on the ice laughing).

Wasn't able to go to work last night, or this morning, and talked to both bosses. I will see if I'm able to get the stuff to Fed-Ex later today for tomorrow's pick up, and possibly do my patrol tonight, but both bosses were very understanding, especially since the one in Spokane is being flooded out with heavy rains (same storm system), and the local one only managed to do 1 round of my patrol with her 4x4 before having to call it a night.

Liana
Old 01-06-2015, 12:20 PM   #128  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Good morning all. I've been traveling since 12/23 and just made it back Sunday night. I've spent some time reading and catching up with everyone's news. I feel so much better just knowing so many of you are going through the same thing with holiday eating, stress, 'scream' weight - love that! I hit my scream weight and more at my 12/20 weigh -in and while I haven't weighed myself since 12/23, (when I was down to 139) I know i've gained as my discipline went right out the window! So I've updated my signature and started P1 yesterday. I have a clinic weigh-in on Saturday and have vowed to stay on the plan and away from the scales until then. Thanks for being here and all the support your all supply.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:01 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 144/117/120

Height: 5' 2"

Hello Everyone and Happy New Year!
I have been extremely busy the last 2 weeks, Xmas dinners, New Years, and everything in between had me not eating as I should. We also went on vacation last week. I promised myself I would not worry and enjoy the holidays and vacation trying to watch my eating but when I strayed (wine, and desserts)....well I know how to deal with it.
Had my WI this morning and I am up 2 lbs, not too bad over a two week period. I am on a P1 week ( I figured a day or two would not be enough) and feeling better already. Some of this is water retention and like everyone on here I know what I have to do.
I want to thank all of you for your posts as I was still reading them while I was away and it is always reassuring to know we are going through the same thing.
Old 01-06-2015, 05:38 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Hi everyone;

I hope that you are having a good week at work Ruth Ann and not too overloaded.

Catlady; I hope you can get back into a good exercise routine. Its so much easier when we get back to regular schedules!

Jenny; Glad that those lbs are coming down and with all that running, am sure you will be back in the range you want in no time.

Ecdslim; Sounds like you are on top of things and aren't too far away from where you want to be. It always feels good to be in control once again and see the scale go down.

Allme; wow, 2lbs after 2 weeks is great. Sounds more like water weight to me. Nice to get back on it.

And Hi to all the rest of you maintainers that have been posting. I've been reading and enjoying the support.

So far I am having a good week. I got to zumba last night which I am so happy about. I always feel so much better after exercise. I almost forget how good! And my eating is much more controlled and no more glasses of wine with friends for awhile. I really don't drink wine a lot but it seems when you have friends over or are invited out, a glass of wine goes along. And a glass of wine each day over a period of a week is too much for me. I don't like how it makes me feel. I don't mind a nice glass the odd time on a weekend. Well, that's my rant for the day! hee hee I still sit at mid range but slowly getting closer to my low range. Have a great day maintainers!!
Old 01-06-2015, 08:13 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi all,

Really tired tonight. Trying to adjust back to my 5:45 wake up. (Yawn) Down a pound today and below my scream weight, yay!

Ecdslim, nice to see you!

All me, you will lose those 2 pounds in no time at all.

Hawaii, I am not an every day vino girl either. Once a week is more than enough for me!
Old 01-07-2015, 04:20 AM   #132  
Start IP 08/11 at 213

S/C/G: restart 173/152/150

Height: 5'7" & shrinking 70 years old!

Hi Everyone

It's welcome-back-to-work week for some of us. I hear you, Slipfree, about the early morning rising. Especially in the dark!! You are much earlier than I am, though - my hat is off to you!!

Thanks for the chuckles, Jenny, with your skating descriptions. You are very brave about trying things out!

And Liana's ancient but well-loved roller skates - I remember the kind that strapped onto the bottoms of one's regular shoes!!

Glad to hear that your cold has run its course, Ruth Ann. Maybe that was your body's way of demanding some serious relaxing time. Glad you listened

Good to see the often-quoted Ishbel with your gorgeous new little one.
Glad to see you Welcome back.

Thanks everyone for your picture-love last week. Taken at my son's beach wedding last August - yep, pretty happy. The hair has been white for some years now, but has thinned considerably this time, most noticeably as I go into Maintenance. My hairdresser treats me very well

Really enjoyed my post-Christmas retreat, but the last few days have not been my finest in staying OP, so I am past my scream weight. Ouch! Simple matter of not paying attention & then not taking care. Soooo.... I have prepped veggies for lunch salads & pre-cooked some chicken & hb eggs, etc, etc & am all set to tackle this. Because of flooding a few weeks ago, we have been on a boil-water advisory here, so it makes getting enough water in just a bit trickier.

Back to walk-running in the morning before work (tomorrow will be both dark & foggy!) & will see if I can psych myself up for Aquafit (I always want a medal for being both cold and wet!).

Miserable weather combinations, lately, same as Liana, but with more rain than snow. Perhaps that weather served to break up what sounded like a killer work week, Liana!

Happy Wednesday, all
Old 01-07-2015, 07:15 AM   #133  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Good morning! Been a crazy few days - something about trying to get back into the work routine after the holidays makes everyone crabby. Except me, of course!

Ishbel - I never could get into the Outlander series for some reason. I tried because it seemed like something I should like, but just never could.

catlady1981 - That sounds like an interesting read. I put it on my list - it's a very long list!

Sounds like everyone is settling back down after the holidays - yeah for us! I'm into work early today. Did not get near as much done over the long weekends as I wanted but there's always tomorrow.

Liana - hope your weather has returned to normal!

hawaii - I'm with you on the wine - once or twice a week is good, every day just doesn't work for me.

Slipfree - So hard to get up and moving some mornings! But yeah on the down pounds!

Okay, I know I'm missing people - so hi to everyone and have a great Wednesday!
Old 01-07-2015, 09:13 AM   #134  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Good morning lovelies,

Isabel - your daughter is a cutie!

Ruth Ann - I love romance novels. I think after an intense day at work I'm happy to lose myself in someone's happy love story. I may have to check out the Outlanders people are talking about.

Westwillow - for sure you should get a medal for being both cold and wet. I'm not ready to add swimming to my routine until the summer. Good for you.

Slip - we are getting back on our bedtime routines here. Even after the kids went to bed early they sleep 11.5 hrs! Made for a quick morning. I'm with you on the eeight, 1 lb under scream

Hawaii- sounds like your doing great. I try to stay away from drinking as it is hard to have just the one glass and then I worry I'd eat more. It is hard in some social situations where people seem to really want you to have a drink.

Allofme & ecdcslim- good work getting right on top of those up lbs. they'll ne off in no time.

Liana- hope your able to get in to work and the weather is clearing up. I bet you are counting down the days till your in the sun.

Hi to everyone else. I just looked at the time and need to be St the gym in 10 min. Will post later. Have a great Wednesday
Old 01-07-2015, 09:49 AM   #135  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

catlady/ruthann I LOOOOVVVEEEEEE outlander! I'm ok with the series but Jamie isn't 24 in my head anymore and at my age...a 24 year old isn't all that exciting. He's 45-50 in my head lol. I can open any book in that series and know exactly where I am so when I'm craving something and don't have a new book I just open one of those. I've always had a love affair with Scotland (I'm also a Scot). In fact my VIP asked me to marry him in Scotland.

westwillow I'm quoted often? I doubt many of them are my original quotes though! I like quotes, I write them down and keep them close to my mirror so I can read the ones I like daily. Thanks for the compliment on my little girl, I l-o-v-e her so much!

Jenny Thanks I think she knows she has me wrapped around her finger.

I'm so glad to see this entire forum again...you have NO idea how hard it was to actively walk away from all this support when I could no longer eat this way but I also LOVE what I created in that time away.

maile If you're reading once in a while old friend...I MISS YOU!!!
Closed Thread