Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 11:00 PM   #61  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Thanks everyone, I'm nervous and excited... if I do well on alternatives I see myself reaching a healthier weight then my goal!
Old 04-14-2014, 11:45 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

Height: 5'4"

NSV: One of my colleagues this morning noticed the weight I've lost so far and told me I look fantastic.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:31 AM   #63  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Thanks everyone, I'm nervous and excited... if I do well on alternatives I see myself reaching a healthier weight then my goal!
Amber -- Take that "if" out of there. "When I do well on alternatives. . ." You will do it -- you are doing so well already . . . expanding your food options will only help you. Believe it, girlfriend!
Old 04-15-2014, 08:32 AM   #64  
Started IP 2/13/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearciuil View Post
NSV: One of my colleagues this morning noticed the weight I've lost so far and told me I look fantastic.
That's fantastic! Enjoy!
Old 04-15-2014, 08:34 AM   #65  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Fearciuil - I love it! Having people notice is so motivating! Now, be prepared for the "did you change your hair" question - it seems people will notice something has changed, are not sure what and so default to hair!

Amber - you'll be fine on alternatives. You've done your research, you have great people to guide you and you're motivated. You'll do great!
Old 04-15-2014, 08:43 AM   #66  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Good Morning All!!
So my hubby has been home since Thursday (YAY). I have been a tad absent from the board here, the reason being is because I have been battling C!! Seriously would love to get back to normal

I am as of last wednesday 3 months in already and in that 3 months Ive taken off 43 LBS and 22.5 inches. So for my award of my progress I am allowing myself 2 weeks of restricted items as my snacks. I haven't had any up till this point. And I also for the first time went out to eat. I was feeling great and then when the waiter came back and asked if I also didn't want the butter on my steamed broccoli I felt like :can I trust people to do it right" lol I have control issues.

All in all if I could just get over the C for a bit I would be SOOOO happy lol

I am so happy that you all our doing great...Im happy to read on yalls success.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:06 AM   #67  
Started IP 2/13/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetenuf View Post
Good Morning All!!
So my hubby has been home since Thursday (YAY). I have been a tad absent from the board here, the reason being is because I have been battling C!! Seriously would love to get back to normal

I am as of last wednesday 3 months in already and in that 3 months Ive taken off 43 LBS and 22.5 inches. So for my award of my progress I am allowing myself 2 weeks of restricted items as my snacks. I haven't had any up till this point. And I also for the first time went out to eat. I was feeling great and then when the waiter came back and asked if I also didn't want the butter on my steamed broccoli I felt like :can I trust people to do it right" lol I have control issues.

All in all if I could just get over the C for a bit I would be SOOOO happy lol

I am so happy that you all our doing great...Im happy to read on yalls success.
Wow, you are doing fantastic!

As far as the constipation, jicama always helps me. Do you have any jicama in your diet? If not, here is how I usually eat it: Chopped into french-fry shaped spears, sprinkled with a Splenda packet and a bit of lemon juice. Stir to coat and . . . you're welcome. Tastes like candy! Two days of that, and all is right in my world again.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:09 AM   #68  
Started IP 04/22/2013

sweetenuf - hooray for dh being home! Assuming you like the guy.

Have you tried Smooth Move tea to get you going? I usually brew it strong and it works wonders for me. Are you getting your magnesium in?

If worse comes to worse, pick up some magnesium citrate at the drug store. It's a liquid, tastes terrible and you need to stay close to a bathroom but it does work. I used it after a terrible case of the Big C after surgery and it worked wonders.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:20 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default Happy Tuesday...

....And welcome to many new "faces"! It's good to see you and share the ride...(we move fast around here...)..We are eager to learn about and from you, and hope while getting to know you, we can help you get to your goal ....and most importantly, the new you.

BTW...You're going to LOVE her!!

kathie
Old 04-15-2014, 09:53 AM   #70  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
Wow, you are doing fantastic!

As far as the constipation, jicama always helps me. Do you have any jicama in your diet? If not, here is how I usually eat it: Chopped into french-fry shaped spears, sprinkled with a Splenda packet and a bit of lemon juice. Stir to coat and . . . you're welcome. Tastes like candy! Two days of that, and all is right in my world again.
Thank you I will def try it, can't hurt lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
sweetenuf - hooray for dh being home! Assuming you like the guy.

Have you tried Smooth Move tea to get you going? I usually brew it strong and it works wonders for me. Are you getting your magnesium in?

If worse comes to worse, pick up some magnesium citrate at the drug store. It's a liquid, tastes terrible and you need to stay close to a bathroom but it does work. I used it after a terrible case of the Big C after surgery and it worked wonders.
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]I did not try the tea yet, i am getting my magnesium in and I picked up the liquid mag cit and it worked but Im still not back to normal and that was a week ago. Im going to try what SylviesGirl said so I can stay moving

Thank you ladies./COLOR]
Old 04-15-2014, 10:38 AM   #71  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Hey, anything that might work sweetenuf is worth a shot! I know some people blend lettuce into their shakes and find it helps.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:49 PM   #72  
Started IP March 25

S/C/G: 207/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

I too am suffering from the big C. I tried senekot last night but no luck. I have my WI tonight so I know it won't be good. I want to wait until the weekend to try the tea so that it doesn't affect me getting to work on time. But with the pain in my side I may need to take it sooner.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:02 PM   #73  
Started IP 2/13/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellyIP View Post
I too am suffering from the big C. I tried senekot last night but no luck. I have my WI tonight so I know it won't be good. I want to wait until the weekend to try the tea so that it doesn't affect me getting to work on time. But with the pain in my side I may need to take it sooner.
Melly -- For me, it usually takes a few hours for Smooth Move to "take effect." When I need it, I drink it before bed -- and I usually awaken "ready to go" in the morning If you're feeling that uncomfortable, I would try to get ahead of it sooner rather than later. Good luck . . . the big C is no fun.

Last edited by SylviesGirl; 04-15-2014 at 03:03 PM.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:14 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 255/236.20/150

Height: 5'4"

It was very helpful for to read all the "3 tips," too. Reminded me to plan, plan, and plan and gave me some new ideas. Lisa's tip about keeping packs everywhere was HUGE to me… don't know why in the world I hadn't thought of that.

I did bring extras to work, but I now know I need to also put some in my car, my husband's car, and even my parents' house since we often eat there on Sundays. Some packets will dissolve easily in a regular bottle of water and I can always stop and buy a bottle of water if I need to fix an emergency shake.

There were a lot of great ideas…. thanks everyone!!
Old 04-15-2014, 05:10 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Big C - read somewhere that roasting and eating Okra is a big help... Don,t know if it has to be roasted!

I don't have the big C now, but did just buy some okra (not a fan) to roast because several people said it is very tasty when roasted.

Also going to roast some radishes (another NOT favorite of mine) but heard they roast up completely different... More like little potatoes, so I am all OVER that!

Love the new adventures I get to have testing IP friendly new foods!!
Closed Thread