Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 04:49 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Marrrrvelous

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
The dress I told you all about is in my sig
It sure is fun shopping when things fit. But figuring out a styles is a new phenomenon for sure!
I'm still mostly shopping 2nd-hand. I've probably got 20 more lbs before I'm done with P1 for good. But I'm gonna have to give P1 a rest for a while (coming soon) to let my thyroid reset. Anyway, at least at this point I can choose clothes I LIKE and I'm not just going for what fits.

Amazing looking at those pics. I really didn't realize HOW MUCH I'd lost my shape and just become round. DH really likes this new dress
You do look spectacular. You have a great shape and the legs are really showing nice lines, too.
You are right, as usual, about figuring out styles that one can wear when much smaller is a new thing. I am going to start trying to work out what styles, cuts, lengths I can wear as I get smaller.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:27 AM   #32  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
The dress I told you all about is in my sig
It sure is fun shopping when things fit. But figuring out a styles is a new phenomenon for sure!
I'm still mostly shopping 2nd-hand. I've probably got 20 more lbs before I'm done with P1 for good. But I'm gonna have to give P1 a rest for a while (coming soon) to let my thyroid reset. Anyway, at least at this point I can choose clothes I LIKE and I'm not just going for what fits.

Amazing looking at those pics. I really didn't realize HOW MUCH I'd lost my shape and just become round. DH really likes this new dress
Great new photo Lisa! I totally agree on the shopping posivites.

I'm just saying hello to all. I'll have to post more later when I have time.

Barb
Old 10-15-2013, 11:36 AM   #33  

Hi Barb! So nice to see you! I miss you when you're away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
You do look spectacular. You have a great shape and the legs are really showing nice lines, too.
You are right, as usual, about figuring out styles that one can wear when much smaller is a new thing. I am going to start trying to work out what styles, cuts, lengths I can wear as I get smaller.
The last pic I took in a dress (April?) I wasn't happy with my calves at all. You are right, they ARE changing!
I guess like everything else, that silly patience word comes into play. Oh how it is so hard!
Maybe there is hope for the cellulite, hanging skin and remaining fat rolls, yet! <sigh> patience!
Old 10-17-2013, 11:05 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 173/17o/140

Height: 5'2"

It's good to see a thread for +50. I had heard so many times that it's extremely hard to lose weight beyond 50. Until I met up again with a colleague who'd lost 40 lbs in her mid-50's and then my younger sis (early 50's) started dieting with great success - both on Ideal Protein. Their success at their age inspired me to give Ideal Protein a try. I'm 54 and had almost given up hope that I could lose weight. I'm so happy I did't let all my previous failed attempts at weight loss stop me, this diet works! I feel better mentally and physically than I have in years. For a couple of years I've complained about a general feeling of fatigue and lack of energy. But now, with the energy back, I feel about 20 years younger, no kidding.
I truly hope those of you that are uncomfortable with your new size find ways to become comfortable with your new image. It must be frustrating to go through months of hard "work" to change your physical self only to find that your mental self hasn't caught up. I'm only halfway through my weight-loss journey, so I don't know if what you're experiencing will catch up with me later, but it helps to know this may happen. To be proactive about it, I may have to remember what this weight loss is doing for my health, not just my image.
Wishing you the best.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:06 PM   #35  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

This is day three on IP for me. I am 51 years old. Glad there is a group of 50's here to talk to. I have struggled to lose any weight since turning 51. It seems as though the weight has no problem going up but refuses to move down. I am hoping the IP is the answer.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:19 PM   #36  

To both Vine and jemma51 please know that more than any other diet I have been on, this one does not seem to be affected by age. I have been going at it for 8 weeks have have just hit 40 pounds off, so I have no complaints. Just go for it.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:21 PM   #37  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Quote:
To both Vine and jemma51 please know that more than any other diet I have been on, this one does not seem to be affected by age. I have been going at it for 8 weeks have have just hit 40 pounds off, so I have no complaints. Just go for it.
Seeing everyone's success is very encouraging.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:23 PM   #38  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
It works for us "old" folks. I know Pat is out there and had success in her 60s like I have had, too. Those in your 50s are just kids. LOL. For you newbies, you can see that in my 60s I was able to lose 120#. I too, was convinced I was doomed to staying fat. Ideal Protein works.

For those that know me, I've been busy job hunting again. I finished the work for my short term contract job and haven't yet found another contract job. That's okay as I've come back up to Michigan with DH. It was tough being away from him for a month. But, I was busy working and then spending the evening searching for positions to apply for. That takes a lot of time, so sorry I've been a stranger to this thread.

Everyone keep on track. It works and you won't regret it.

Molly
Old 10-17-2013, 11:25 PM   #39  
IP Start: 8/17/12

S/C/G: 183/150/150

Good to see many new folks here. I'm still doing pretty well in maintenance after almost a year. Up about 5lbs from my low point but still under goal.
I'm in my 60s and IP has been the best diet ever for me. Really a lifestyle change.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:59 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Hi Molly! Glad you checked in, I was wondering how you were doing. Yes, you are right about losing weight when you are older. It is tough but doable. I weighed 204 when I turned 50 at 5'1". I weighed 161 when I started IP. I am up a bit right now, but working it off slowly. I plan to maintain this time at 135.

I had a role model on another diet site I was on, a wonderful woman who passed away last June at age 86. She lost 60 pounds the year she turned 71 and maintained at 130 for the rest of her life. She did it by lower carbs and lean protein and light exercise.
It can be done, maybe slower than we would like but we can get there.
I hope things work out for you with the job situation but it is so nice to have time in your northern location.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:21 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Thumbs up

Good morning all...and happy day!

Must note, this was my favorite thread when I first joined IP!! Inspiration ... way over the top! Could relate to all the ladies so well. Real people...real days..really losing...and impressive time in the trenches and progress!!! ... Loved all the honest daily updates of the mental pieces of this and the stories about resisting and keeping the end in sight. A daily chat so to speak, of the journey about us slightly less than young women with busy lives, who know time is not always our friend. How many more chances will we get to really lose this weight? So different from the busy having babies and younger kids life...instead, the challenges are of all that good and not so good stuff of dealing with adult or nearly grown families and the delicate balancing of home and work with significant other adults in our homes and lives at this stage. Not just about the weighins.

As a "just beginning" IP-er those posts gave me courage to hang on, since it was slow in the beginning for me, and I had so much to learn. All I wanted was to be close or at the end of this, just like Barb, Molly,Oatns, AlisonS, and a few others (who have been quiet and away...getting their life back...I'm sure!)

Just when I think perhaps it's time to retire my own activity on 3FCs and focus on going forward myself...some one posts something that keeps me coming back!

Now, since seeing more posts here (and randomly on other threads) by newbies who are wondering if being older will prevent them from reaching the end point I think we need to be sure those ladies know it can be done...and we aught to hang together more often while we continue to travel and stabilize. It would be so good to see this rev up again. Did I ramble? I'm sorry. Miss this thread!!

Last edited by 65X65; 10-18-2013 at 06:23 AM.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:04 AM   #42  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Height: 5'6"

There is no time like the present to start your weight loss journey...no matter your age! It's a little sad, but at 50, I am just now becoming the person that I knew was on the inside. And after losing some pounds, my outside now reflects that person. Our weight literally WEIGHS US DOWN physically and emotionally. I'm just glad I found IP...it's like magic It's never too late to make a change in your life.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:25 AM   #43  

Default Retire?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Good morning all...and happy day!

Must note, this was my favorite thread when I first joined IP!! Inspiration ... way over the top!
As a "just beginning" IP-er those posts gave me courage to hang on, since it was slow in the beginning for me, and I had so much to learn. All I wanted was to be close or at the end of this, just like Barb, Molly,Oatns, AlisonS, and a few others (who have been quiet and away...getting their life back...I'm sure!)

Just when I think perhaps it's time to retire my own activity on 3FCs and focus on going forward myself...some one posts something that keeps me coming back!

Now, since seeing more posts here (and randomly on other threads) by newbies who are wondering if being older will prevent them from reaching the end point I think we need to be sure those ladies know it can be done...and we aught to hang together more often while we continue to travel and stabilize. It would be so good to see this rev up again. Did I ramble? I'm sorry. Miss this thread!!
NO YOU CANNOT RETIRE - you are a lady who supports us and gives us wise advice just when we need it. You are wise and kind so please stay with us through this journey. We would miss you so....
Old 10-19-2013, 08:15 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

65 x65 You would be greatly missed here!!! We all look forward to your input for advice, you have made it just about to goal. You've over come great adversity and battle on....... I've learned from your words of wisdom.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:21 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

I think I am going to start P2 this weekend. My true goal is to be between 125 & 130. I am there! The scale moves up a bit and down a bit and settles at 127 1/2 for a few weeks. The tape measure hasn't changed in 6 weeks. I think my body is happy where it is and I am too, so P2 starting today. I never thought it would take this long for me to lose the small amount of weight,compared to others.
Closed Thread