Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 09:50 AM   #136  
Start IP 6/6/2013

S/C/G: 199/153/120

Height: 5ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Hoping someone here has gone through this and can share their experience.

I went off my hormone replacement therapy right after starting IP (had a total hysterectomy back in '06). Was doing fine until a couple of months ago and started having horrid hot flashes and night sweats - I figured it was odd starting up 5 months after I stopped the HRT. So the doc put me back on a low dose HRT - her feeling is that with all the changes my body has gone through it just took longer to get the menopausal symptoms and made them more severe.

Anybody have any words of wisdom a far as HRT slowing weight loss or has it not made any difference at all? Or am I just a really bad worrywart? I know I need to do the HRT if I want some decent sleep, but I worry anyway.
I have not used hormone therapy but am on an IUD and have been wondering if that is 1) reducing the severity of my menopausal symptoms and 2) if that has impacted my weight loss. I'm not as worried about the weight loss because I have been losing weight. I would not be surprised if my symptoms increase when the IUD is removed. I will also be interested in reading if anyone has experienced what you've described. Hang in there! Is the low dosage of HRT ihelping?

I would try not to worry too much about it though, just generally, because it will not help you. Worrying is a waste of energy and everything tends to work itself out. Because I tend to worry too, I've worked on managing this tendency for myself. I keep my favorite quote by Mark Twain around

“I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them have never happened.”
― Mark Twain

Unfortunately, our bodies will physiologically react to scenarios created by our mind even if we ultimately do not have that experience. Thoughts can be powerful in that way.

Also to everyone on this thread, I am really happy to be participating here. I just turned 50 in December! :-)
Old 01-02-2014, 08:51 PM   #137  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Thank you Goodtimes! I love that quote!

I just started back on the HRT Tuesday so a little early to tell if it's helping, I'll keep you posted.

And I know I shouldn't worry about it - gotta do what I need medically but the worry part of my brain sometimes doesn't like to shut up!
Old 01-03-2014, 10:54 AM   #138  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Height: 5'6"

I hope everyone's 2014 has gotten off to a good start. I'm officially back on P1 as of yesterday...love the simplicity of the plan. Trying to lose those last 10 lbs that would rather stay with me for some reason A new year is so inspiring and the possibilities are endless...it gives me goosebumps!
Old 01-08-2014, 07:07 PM   #139  

Hi Ladies
I found us many pages back
Old 01-08-2014, 07:58 PM   #140  
Workin' It

Hey Lisa...I know...there are SO MANY NEW THREADS! It seems we are all spread out over various topics. I try to peruse the newest for nuggets of information or inspiration.

Nothing new with me. Just workin' through P1. Haven't jumped on the scale, but I don't feel any different YET. My husband & I are taking a trip to Phoenix at the end of February, so I hope the scale starts moving soon!
Old 01-19-2014, 11:57 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

This was waaaaay too far down. Hope some others check in. Lisa, evertime you update your pictures the new one you put up is amazing!
Old 01-19-2014, 01:52 PM   #142  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
This was waaaaay too far down. Hope some others check in. Lisa, evertime you update your pictures the new one you put up is amazing!
Thanx patns
Old 01-19-2014, 02:56 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 138/138/130

Height: 5'3"

Ruth Ann, I was talking with my ND (not my endocrinologist) who told me that it's not at all unusual for hot flashes and night sweats to worsen during IP, as yours (and mine) have. She said the reason is sort of simple. When we lose weight, we produce more testosterone, but the liver secretes an enzyme that converts it to estrogen. A liver support supplement should help, and she's ordered one for me. I am on bioidentical hormones. She told me to stop taking them for a few weeks, see what happens with the liver support.

I'm 53, went through menopause at 47.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:55 PM   #144  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimmerBySummer View Post
Ruth Ann, I was talking with my ND (not my endocrinologist) who told me that it's not at all unusual for hot flashes and night sweats to worsen during IP, as yours (and mine) have. She said the reason is sort of simple. When we lose weight, we produce more testosterone, but the liver secretes an enzyme that converts it to estrogen. A liver support supplement should help, and she's ordered one for me. I am on bioidentical hormones. She told me to stop taking them for a few weeks, see what happens with the liver support.

I'm 53, went through menopause at 47.
Thanks for the info! Now, if I just knew what a liver support supplement was.... off to google!
Old 01-21-2014, 06:45 PM   #145  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Hi everyone!

I know it's been awhile since I've been back and I really had to search for this page. What's up with that? Well, thank goodness the year from h**l is over (2013) and it's time to get back on the wagon once and for all and lose what I've gained thanks to too much food, medication and way too much stress. I called my coach yesterday and said I'm coming back and so I will meet with her on Thursday and start IP on Monday. I've already warned her about my weight gain, but it is what it is and I need to get back. I am a little worried about all of the soy in the IP food because of my last bout with cancer, but my oncologist said more and more test are coming in that show there is not as much of a connection with soy and estrogen as once thought. Besides, I'm sure the extra weight is worse than the soy I ingest with IP products.

Good to be back and hope to catch up with those who are still around and the new women too.

Dana
Old 01-21-2014, 06:50 PM   #146  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Hi everyone!

I know it's been awhile since I've been back and I really had to search for this page. What's up with that? Well, thank goodness the year from h**l is over (2013) and it's time to get back on the wagon once and for all and lose what I've gained thanks to too much food, medication and way too much stress. I called my coach yesterday and said I'm coming back and so I will meet with her on Thursday and start IP on Monday. I've already warned her about my weight gain, but it is what it is and I need to get back. I am a little worried about all of the soy in the IP food because of my last bout with cancer, but my oncologist said more and more test are coming in that show there is not as much of a connection with soy and estrogen as once thought. Besides, I'm sure the extra weight is worse than the soy I ingest with IP products.

Good to be back and hope to catch up with those who are still around and the new women too.

Dana
Hi Dana
Welcome back
I do it soy/gluten-free with a combo of IP products and alternatives
Old 01-21-2014, 07:06 PM   #147  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Hi Dana
Welcome back
I do it soy/gluten-free with a combo of IP products and alternatives
Hi Lisa,
I remember you saying that, so I will be checking to see what IP products are soy free.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:07 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 216/174/140

Height: 5'3"

Just had to share. I've been on IP since Dec. 2. Today my A1C is normal. No more Metformin for me.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:35 PM   #149  
Workin' It

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallysmommy View Post
Just had to share. I've been on IP since Dec. 2. Today my A1C is normal. No more Metformin for me.
You rock!!!!
Old 01-22-2014, 01:21 PM   #150  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallysmommy View Post
Fantastic
Closed Thread