Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 06:44 PM   #106  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Oh, my.... Can't believe I found you fabulous ladies on Page 3!! So, bumping you up to the top...

Have not been here much lately - getting very close to one year on maintenance now and spend most of my time on the maintainers thread, but I still thing of my fab 50 friends. How did this thread get so quiet?
Old 11-28-2013, 12:33 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Just bumping up the thread. I hate it when people disappear after a while. I wonder how everyone is doing in our IP "afterlife". Hopefully people will pop in over the holidays.
Pat
Old 11-28-2013, 12:40 PM   #108  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Just bumping up the thread. I hate it when people disappear after a while. I wonder how everyone is doing in our IP "afterlife". Hopefully people will pop in over the holidays.
Ditto on that. I miss a LOT of folks that I got to "know" last year. I wish them all the utmost success in maintenance
Old 11-28-2013, 12:53 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

I think a lot of the problem is we all have to adjust maintenance to what works for out particular body. So it is likely not "pure" IP type and we are not sure what we can share on this board.

On a positive note after rapid regain starting with phase 3, I just realized I have maintained solidly since last Christmas at 145. This was with adding some weight training in too so my clothes are starting to fit a lot better again.

I refused to buy bigger sizes so things were tight for a while. So I am aiming to get a half pound a week off until I get back to 135 which is a more maintainable goal for me.

I am doing the 5:2 plan. But any plan is really maintenance for me as we all know how tough it is to lose as we get older and have been overweight most of our lives.

But IP was the only plan that allowed me to lose weight. With anything else I do well to stay the same.

Pat
Old 11-28-2013, 01:29 PM   #110  

I think IPs P4 is ONE maintenance plan. Being gluten-free, I've had to adjust.
I DO use a fairly low carb approach and I do p1 days after days when I choose to have much higher carb meal (like tamales the other day). I've found a meal like that leaves me not feeling so great. I prefer to feel good.

My general plan is lower carb and higher fat than P4. As long as it works!

The difference for me is the focus on a P1 day if I think I've had a day that was just too much.

Since I already plan on hopping on P1 to goal in January, I thought I'm better-off sticking around right now.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:20 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 185/139.5/145

Height: 5' 4"

Happy December everyone! Yesterday was my five year wedding anniversary and who would thought I would be weighing 15 pounds less than my wedding day! I am so grateful to this board for support, even if I do not post. Just reading other's struggles,challenges and successes keeps me on the track if I stumble. Honestly a little afraid of phase 2 and starting to eat other foods. Made it through Thanksgiving and did not really feel tempted which is huge for me. I have had some significant female issues and since losing weight they have subsided and disappeared in most cases. Any time I am tempted I remind myself how awful I felt with those issues most of the time, and that keeps me honest. Looking forward to a happy and a healthier December.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:22 AM   #112  

Quote:
Originally Posted by katenh View Post
Happy December everyone! Yesterday was my five year wedding anniversary and who would thought I would be weighing 15 pounds less than my wedding day! I am so grateful to this board for support, even if I do not post. Just reading other's struggles,challenges and successes keeps me on the track if I stumble. Honestly a little afraid of phase 2 and starting to eat other foods. Made it through Thanksgiving and did not really feel tempted which is huge for me. I have had some significant female issues and since losing weight they have subsided and disappeared in most cases. Any time I am tempted I remind myself how awful I felt with those issues most of the time, and that keeps me honest. Looking forward to a happy and a healthier December.
The nice thing about phase 2 is you keep eating exactly the same except you replace one pack with another meat
So lunch and dinner look the same (meat & veggies) and all other meals stay the same as p1. No "other" foods to be nervous about!
Old 12-01-2013, 09:33 AM   #113  

Hi All--I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

It has been great for me to start the holidays feeling and looking so much better. What a difference from last year when I felt so yucky and sluggish. Go me!

I am off to NYC next week for a few days to see a show and shop. I am prepared and think I will do fine. I need to eat more as we will be walking so much.

I went to my IP appointment Saturday morning and it was closed! I am glad I am so used to the diet since that did not throw me off at all. We went out of state for a family event and had a message when we got home that she was really sick but will be around this morning, so I will go in then.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:08 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 180/See Ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

HI 50-plusers!

I'm turning 52 this year. Nearly to my goal. I'm glad to join this forum to help me maintain. I was motivated to lose when I started seeing metabolic syndrome problems (fatty liver, rising triglycerides etc), and diabetes runs in the family. So, with that, I got serious. In 2011-2012, I cut out sugar (bye ice cream ) and all refined flours and simple starch vegetables. I eat plenty of protein, don't worry about fat (tho most of my protein is chicken, eggs, and sardines), plus fruit, veggies and lots of nuts. It was a steady SLOW weight loss, which has continued steadily til now. In 2012, I found a great PT and boosted up exercise.

I feel a lot better now. I had weak joints and felt scared about the problems I was started to have on long walks, getting up off the floor, etc. I felt much older and so fragile!! A good physical therapist has been very beneficial. It's like having a coach.

I really appreciate this group and hope to contribute. Thanks all!

Last edited by delmarva; 12-01-2013 at 10:09 AM.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:13 AM   #115  

Delmarva: did you not do Ideal Protein?
This thread is in the IP sub-forum.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:19 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 180/See Ticker/145

I read this thread, and many people posted on it, indicated they were in their 50's and not on IP. If there is another over 50 thread somewhere else, my apologies. Focused on the title (which showed in my 'new' feed) as opposed to sub forums. Still learning! (Also, my diet is ultra lo carb so I thought I would fit in.)

Last edited by delmarva; 12-01-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:17 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieV View Post
Hey thanks for asking. I wore them to Costco today to stock up on veggies & salad. I'm shocked when I see my reflection in the freezer cases...is it really me? I went through all the medical stuff last month...physical, colonoscopy, mammogram, bone scan & blood work. Good test results on all. Maybe next year, I'll hit up the dermatologist. It's important to do the preventative exams & more importantly to make yourself a priority!
I am laughing since this is the over 50's group - my schedule is essentially the same. Did hearing test, bone scan, just finished mammogram. Next week dentist, then week before Christmas annual exam and dermatologist. Hope the results are good.

The dermatologist is a new one for me but have been advised that at my age, I should have my body checked for things like melanomas. It does run in the family so I am going to do it although my baby sister says having your entire (yes, ENTIRE) body examined under a magnifying glass is no fun.

Not quite as bad as a colonoscopy, granted, but at least for that you get happy juice so you are not conscious of what they are doing!

Great subject matter, but, yes, we DO need to take care of our health.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:19 PM   #118  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
The nice thing about phase 2 is you keep eating exactly the same except you replace one pack with another meat
So lunch and dinner look the same (meat & veggies) and all other meals stay the same as p1. No "other" foods to be nervous about!
Thanks Lisa! Good to know. It makes me feel better and not so anxious.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:01 PM   #119  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Hello ladies! I'm still hanging in there. Haven't lost any weight but have went down another half a size. I'm wearing 8's...NEVER thought I'd be in single digits! Been doing P1 with a couple P3 days sprinkled in for variety. My plan is to make it through the holidays and then hit it hard in January. I've been walking and need to step it up a bit for snow shoeing and cross country skiing. I can't wait...I'm going to feel so much better this winter, but will need to add layers since my natural insulation is almost gone
Old 12-05-2013, 06:28 AM   #120  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieV View Post
Hello ladies! I'm still hanging in there. Haven't lost any weight but have went down another half a size. I'm wearing 8's...NEVER thought I'd be in single digits! Been doing P1 with a couple P3 days sprinkled in for variety. My plan is to make it through the holidays and then hit it hard in January. I've been walking and need to step it up a bit for snow shoeing and cross country skiing. I can't wait...I'm going to feel so much better this winter, but will need to add layers since my natural insulation is almost gone
Congratulations! Laughing over the lack of natural insulation..me too! Invested in a few down coats at the consignment shop and a heated blanket to get me through the New England winters. I too have the same goal, snow shoeing with the husband and looking forward to actually getting out there and having some fun!
Closed Thread