Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 01:13 AM   #211  

S/C/G: H253/219/177.4/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LittleStar View Post
I'm back! I'm back from skiing, but I also feel like "I'm back!". The old me. The one that went skiing. The one that participates in all the activities. Not the one who sits on the sidelines and watches everyone else enjoy their lives.

I'm tired, but I feel great! My back and knees are a little sore. But this is NOT something I would have done 50+ pounds ago. It makes all the sacrifices so worthwhile! The Christmas treats and meals, birthday party food, pizza, it really doesn't mean anything compared to this. Being able to participate in my life, participating with my kids, nothing is better than that!

This has re-energized me, I'm so pumped. Here's to the next 50+ lbs, I can't even imagine how much I'll be able to do then!
Old 04-02-2013, 07:10 AM   #212  

M35A2: I'm so sorry to hear about the flare up!

Have you ever heard of Dr Terry Wahls? She has MS and is healing herself with a huge change in diet. She was in a wheelchair and she's not only walking again but biking!
She made a TEDx presentation (check youtube) and has a website Wahls Foundation. Definitely an out-of-the-box thinker!

I don't know if there is help there for you but thought I'd mention it.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:04 AM   #213  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmyway1014 View Post
1littlestar:

I'm really happy for you that you went skiing and had a good time. I know how much it means to be able to do stuff with the kiddos again. Were your kids so excited that you joined them?

I was too afraid to ski still this year - I figure my balance is still not great and didn't want to break anything important. I said next year I will and hearing that you did it helps me know maybe I can too.

Enjoy this NSV - in my eyes its a biggie!
Hi Onmyway,

Yes, my kids were quite excited. It was their first time downhill skiing. I think what helped is that another family asked me to join them at the last minute. I didn't have much time to think about it and talk myself out of it.

The other good part is that we were on the bunny hill at the beginning. I haven't skied in so long, it helped me get my confidence back. It was scary at first! I did have flashes in my mind of broken bones! But I did it anyway, and it was great. Certainly by the end, I was feeling my back and knees, but not really badly.

So if I can do it, you certainly can too! I can't wait to hear about you skiing trips next year!
Old 04-02-2013, 10:22 AM   #214  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

M35A2 - I'm thinking of you and sending the positive vibes your way.

I woke up hungry this morning. That's sort of unusual for me. Maybe the whoosh fairy is coming to visit. She's not come calling for a few weeks. My losses have been fine (no complaints here at all), it's just nice of her to come see me. If anyone sees her around, tell her I miss her.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:23 AM   #215  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
I woke up hungry this morning. That's sort of unusual for me. Maybe the whoosh fairy is coming to visit. She's not come calling for a few weeks. My losses have been fine (no complaints here at all), it's just nice of her to come see me. If anyone sees her around, tell her I miss her.
Barbara,
You look amazing...love the new avatar and progress pictures!!!
Old 04-02-2013, 10:55 AM   #216  
Started IP March 2013

S/C/G: 176/163/140

Height: 5'5"

JenRem: Yahoo on a bra that fits. I have lost so much up there too that I need to get a new one...just waiting to see if I will still loose up there.

Halfagain: If the fairy visits you, tell her to come on over to my house too! I will do the same!
Old 04-02-2013, 11:12 AM   #217  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by knel View Post
I'm so sorry to hear that, my sister has MS and we all worry about her all the time but you are right, it just comes and goes like the weather. If you can follow IP you are a strong person and I know you can get through it. Autoimmune is a silent plague IMHO.
Thank you. It's tough living in TX (heat/humidity are big triggers). My 1st serious symptom was the 1st day we arrived in TX from WA. I certainly wouldn't have moved here if I'd known beforehand but we love it now so are here to stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
I don't have any advice or words of wisdom for you....just wanted to say I hope it's not going to last long. I'm sorry you're going through this.
Thanks. Fortunately the worst kind of comes and goes so the new symptoms don't remain constant. It's just a part of life and you do what you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitandfabfrog View Post
M35A2: I am sorry. That would be a hard decision to make. I hope things turn around for you very soon!
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
M35A2
Thanks. Can always use those

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenRem View Post
M35A2 - so sorry about your health issues; I wish you a speedy recovery!
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
M35A2: I'm so sorry to hear about the flare up!

Have you ever heard of Dr Terry Wahls? She has MS and is healing herself with a huge change in diet. She was in a wheelchair and she's not only walking again but biking!
She made a TEDx presentation (check youtube) and has a website Wahls Foundation. Definitely an out-of-the-box thinker!
Thank you. You actually sent me some info on her earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
M35A2 - I'm thinking of you and sending the positive vibes your way.
Thanks. Love your new avatar!

Well DW took the news better than I expected and supports me staying the course OP. The latest symptom is that my feet feel like I'm walking on burning embers. Luckily it's not constant and if I'm even luckier it'll go away in a couple of days and not stick around like some of the other symptoms. My biggest fear is vertigo because that curtails my driving and leaves me fairly isolated (except for you guys). We live 20 miles from town so no public transportation available.

for everyone here. I have a smile on my face and today will be better than yesterday!

Last edited by M35A2; 04-02-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #218  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

Morning everyone! I just wanted to say thank you for all the encouragement! Yesterday I managed to get through my first 100% P1 day since last Monday (I only managed to do one day last week). I had a decent whoosh (down 1 lb), and although I know it was probably mostly water weight, I am already getting that "hollow" feeling back that you get on P1. That's all the motivation I need to stick to this for another 11 days!
Let's all keep up the good work!
Old 04-02-2013, 02:09 PM   #219  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Halfagain: your new avatar pic is amazing, gorgeous girl!

JenRem: congrats on the new bra. These are important milestones.

Knm: we knew you could do it! One day down, now for one more day. We'll wait for more good news tomorrow.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:56 PM   #220  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

I was in class all day and then rushed home to make my dinner before rushing off to a team meating for my daughters softball team. Come to check in with my favorite 100% thread and find it on page 2. Not good.

halfagain- love you new pic.

knm way to stay focused!

My legs are still sore from all the yard work and projects around the house I did during my "vacation" last week. The best part is that my scale showed my body fat dropped over 2% this week.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:13 PM   #221  
Started IP March 2013

S/C/G: 176/163/140

What are other ways to know you are in ketosis? I have felt off the last few days and am wondering what is going on. No cheats, nothing different just not sure what is going on. I have been tired, nauseous and grumpy for today and yesterday. I peed on a ketostix (I know they don't always work) and I didn't turn it any color...which they have always turned for me in the past. I am just nervous my body is giving up as it has always done that in the past with other ways of trying to release weight. Thoughts? Suggestions? Should I get on the scale and see what is going on there? I try not to weigh myself except for WI days but not sure what to do.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:46 PM   #222  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

If you are on P1, you will hit ketosis. I think you are in ketosis once you've passed the crummy days and start feeling better. Don't sweat the small stuff. Just keep OP and you'll get there. I know I lose cravings once in ketosis. Congrats on a successful day one. Make sure to get all your water in Jen
Old 04-03-2013, 12:04 AM   #223  
6/26/12 start 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Barbara,
You look amazing...love the new avatar and progress pictures!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
Halfagain: your new avatar pic is amazing, gorgeous girl!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
halfagain- love you new pic.

My legs are still sore from all the yard work and projects around the house I did during my "vacation" last week. The best part is that my scale showed my body fat dropped over 2% this week.
Congrats on the body fat drop! Great job!

Thank you all! I was snuggled up with my honey (aka DH) for that photo.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:11 AM   #224  
6/26/12 start 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitandfabfrog View Post
JenRem: Yahoo on a bra that fits. I have lost so much up there too that I need to get a new one...just waiting to see if I will still loose up there.

Halfagain: If the fairy visits you, tell her to come on over to my house too! I will do the same!
thanks! I'll send her if I see her :-)
Old 04-03-2013, 12:16 AM   #225  

S/C/G: H253/219/177.4/150

Height: 5'4

Did my WI today since I was not home yesterday. I lost 7lbs this week I was suffering from the big "C" so had a double smooth move tea and man did it help!!! I feel a bit yuck today but i needed it. My Sister in law was so amazing all weekend!! I am so thankful to have such a wonderful "Sister"!!!!

Oh and that puts me at the 30lb lost mark so I put a new bracelet on me wrist today
Closed Thread