Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 10:20 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Default Cellulite Reduction Protocol (no idea how old)

Here's what I found yesterday, hope you find it helpful.

The Ideal Protein Cellulite Protocol
Michael P. Ciell, RPh., Chief Science Officer
Overview

"Cellulite" is the general term given to trapped pockets of fat, usually in the area from the knee to the buttocks. This term is not to be confused with cellulitis which is an infection (usually caused by a Staph or Strep bacteria) of the skin. The condition mainly affects women and it is thought to be influenced by genetics and hormones...primarily estrogens and insulin. The hallmark characteristic of cellulite is a 'lumpy' or 'orange peel like' appearance of the skin and, while non-pathological, it is, to say the least, very unaesthetic. Numerous technologies have been developed to reduce or remove cellulite: laser treatment, wrapping, heating (with or without suction), massage techniques, saline injections, and a wide variety of topicals (creams, lotions). These technologies tend to be rather expensive and the results (for the most part) seem to be marginally effective and long term results are usually disappointing.

Ideal Protein's Approach

Fats (triglycerides) are sequestered or 'locked' into the fat cells by the action of the enzyme lipoprotein lipase. The hormone insulin greatly increases the activity of this enzyme. Therefore if we apply a certain technology to 'get the fat out of the cell' without taking this fact into consideration....we are basically fighting a hormone and the hormone will always win!. Ideal Protein views this problem from a nutritional standpoint. By severely restricting all carbohydrates ('good ones, bad ones, fast ones and slow ones') we are: 1) able to deplete the body's primary source of energy (glycogen), 2) force the body to burn its fat as the primary source of energy, and 3) greatly decrease the amount of insulin secreted thus allowing these cells to release their fat stores. Should the client employ any of the above mentioned technologies (along with this protocol) the results will be very impressive indeed. However most clients find this "nutritional approach" alone is sufficient to achieve very satisfactory results!

Getting Started

This protocol is not to be considered a weight loss program! The client will only begin this program if they are at their 'ideal weight' (to be determined by the client and coach). If they have a few extra pounds to lose, they will start (or remain on) Phase 1 of the Regular Protocol until their ideal weight is achieved.
Because we are NOT concerned with weight here, a scale is NOT to be used to monitor the client's progress. Progress will be monitored by: a) The LIVE IDEAL B.C.A. b) a measuring tape...measure the 'targeted area' and c) weekly photos of the targeted area.
After the first 5 to 7 days on the Protocol, the client may notice the cellulite might appear worse (i.e. "more dimply"). Do not be alarmed, this reflects the loss of some extracellular water in that area and the skin will 'tighten-up'....temporarily exaggerating the 'orange peel' appearance.
The client will notice the cellulite is usually removed in a very specific manner: from "bottom upward". That is, if the thigh is the affected area, the cellulite loss will begin near the knee and will move upward towards the buttock region every week.
The Protocol

Use the Phase 1 (Regular) Protocol Sheet as a general guideline with these changes:
3 Packets of non-restricted IP foods per day (i.e. the omelet, shakes, puddings, soups).
One of those packets must be a soup (to keep sodium levels normal).
One packet of a hydrolyzed collagen food per day in addition to the above 3 packets.
No whole protein (i.e. meat, fish, poultry) with the dinner meal (have an omelet w/veggies).
4 cups of non-restricted veggies per day (i.e. just the "lean and green" ones).
Unlimited lettuce salad but no more than 2 tsps. olive oil (or other oil) per day...this daily oil is mandatory to maintain proper gallbladder function.
Coffee or tea as desired BUT NO MILK, Half & Half, or non-dairy creamer.....use a Vanilla pre-made, Vanilla pudding, mixed as a drink (add more water) or the Cappuccino drink.
In most cases 'The Cellulite Program' should take no longer than 2 to 3 weeks to achieve the desired results.
Follow-up with 2 days of Phase 2 and 5 days of Phase 3.
Sample Menu

Breakfast: Peach / Mango Drink, coffee with Vanilla Pre-Made as creamer

Lunch: Salad (1 tsp olive oil and 2 tsp lemon juice), soup w/ 2 cups steamed veggies

Dinner: Salad (optional), Omelet w/ 2 cups sautéed veggies, appropriate beverage

Snack: Raspberry Gelatin NOTE: Supplements as per Phase 1.

Other related info:

Daily dry brushing can help exfoliate the skin, boost circulation of the blood, drain the lymphatic system, and release toxins. Dry brush the cellulite prone areas using a natural bristle brush before showering.
• Exercises like swimming, walking, stair stepping and even dancing will facilitate burn calories and these exercises can help remove cellulite from the legs. You’ll do any exercise that increase muscle and burn calories.
• Try cellulite massages. The treatment is fairly easy and is way sort of a normal massage. You need to apply a moderate to heavy pressure to the cellulite area, using the palms, fingers and or knuckles to firmly massage the area. The massage can increase blood circulation permitting the body to scrub out the toxins.

Last edited by Chloe222; 12-28-2012 at 10:21 PM.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:48 PM   #47  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Here's what I found yesterday, hope you find it helpful.

The Ideal Protein Cellulite Protocol
Michael P. Ciell, RPh., Chief Science Officer
Overview

"Cellulite" is the general term given to trapped pockets of fat, usually in the area from the knee to the buttocks........
Thank you Chloe! While it will be a while before I need this, I know I will need it :-)
Old 12-29-2012, 01:00 PM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Thank you Chloe! While it will be a while before I need this, I know I will need it :-)
Me too...next summer
Old 12-29-2012, 08:09 PM   #49  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
[SIZE="5"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]whew...sorry if i missed someone!!! MUCH LOVE TO YOU ALL!! having a grand time....had some snow, not enough for the snowmobile trip....and the dog sled trip got canceled TWICE!!! we did get to do the sleigh ride with the belgian horses....loads of fun!!...over the river and through the woods...

[/CENTER]
Rainbow, welcome back! Sorry to hear you're under the weather. Feel better soon! I LOVED the snow when I was in Syracuse, although I was able to leave and come back south. They're still getting it.....and getting it....and getting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Hello all, I just got home from WI and I'm so happy I had a 1.6 loss, couldn't wait to hop on here and tell you all!
Great, Yesmyqueen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonS View Post
I had my WI today, lost 2 pounds. I don't think I have ever lost 2 pounds (or any weight for that matter) over Christmas week! : )!
Hooray, Alison! I'm with you! When I finally have my WI next week (after 3 weeks of vacation) I know I'll have a loss. I've never lost weight over Christmas before! A new experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Simply Roasted Eggplant
-3-4 medium eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch slices
-1 small head of garlic, cloves peeled
-2-3 Tbsp. olive oil
-1 Tbsp. fresh basil, finely chopped
-Salt and pepper, pinch
Directions
Preheat oven 500F. Line large baking sheet with aluminum foil, and lightly grease with oil.
Lightly brush each side of the eggplant rounds with oil. Chop each garlic clove into 2-3 pieces, depending upon the size of the cloves. Press garlic pieces into the flesh of the eggplant slices, so that the garlic is mostly embedded into the eggplant.
Place in oven, and bake 15-20 minutes, until eggplant are tender and beginning to brown. Remove from oven, and immediately sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.
Scatter fresh basil on top, and serve.
EnjoyMolly
Thanks for the eggplant recipe, Molly!

Newpath, great to hear from you. Your post was on the previous thread that closed because it was full! I'm so happy to hear that maintenance has been easy for you since October. That's encouraging!
Old 12-29-2012, 08:18 PM   #50  
Started IP 6/14/12

Hi Fab 50+ peeps!

I'm still away from home. I left Syracuse on Christmas Eve and came down here to Houston to be with my other daughter and the twin babies! Yesterday they went up to Syracuse to visit there and now I get a some "me" time. I've done "grandma" duty (a wonderful pleasure) for 2 weeks; this week is all mine to be with friends, see movies, go to museums, and relax. I'll go home next week and Wednesday will be my WI.

It's been a great holiday thus far, and I've stayed OP 100%. The clothes that I bought in the beginning on November are now too small, so I've exchanged some of them for smaller sizes! What a wild and crazy adventure this weight loss is! I'm told that I look much younger.... I'll take it!

I'm going to move my goal down to 130 from 135 because I'm a shorter person. Then I'll phase off properly.

Oh --- Christmas dinner my SIL made a rack of lamb, seasoned with garlic, evoo, salt, pepper, cumin, and rosemary. He made a bunch of little new potatoes around it and baked it all. I decided I wanted little potato-like things on my plate so it would look like everyone else's, so I cut up rutabaga and some chicken tenders. I dipped them in the marinade and baked it all.

At the dinner, which was here with a bunch more family, everyone loved the lamb and the rutabagas were a hit! Many of the people had never eaten them before and were delighted to find a new vegetable! The roasted asparagus and salad made a wonderful holiday meal!

That's it for now! Movie time! Holiday wishes to you all!

I'll post some pics tomorrow.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:24 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbow View Post
I am 60 and on day 2 of IP. Feeling lousy, but this site is wonderful/ Thanks. Kimboq
Kimbow, this is a wonderful place to be, glad for you to join us!

Quote:
Our thread is just about ready to move to page 2. Can't let that happen.

I finished my last day at work. It really hasn't settled in. Probably in a week or so when I don't have to get up in the dark, I don't hear all the stressful stuff going on, and I don't get a paycheck.

Got an eggplant for 25 cents, so I'm making a roasted eggplant recipe tonight to go with leftover pork loin roast from a couple nights ago. Should be interesting. DH does NOT like eggplant, but he has a bunch of potatoes that were in around the roast.

Hope to finally get back to sleeping in the waterbed tonight. Hopefully, we've found all the cat claw holes and patched them adequately (last nights was one that sprang a leak). Guest beds are okay for a night or two, but that's about it. The whole week is just oo much.

Hope everyone has a nice Friday evening.

Molly
Yea Molly, retired good for you and I'm so going to try the eggplant recipie it sounds great, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
:::::Clicking my Heels together::::: 3 times:::::
THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME, there's no place like home!!!!!!!!!!!

jumping on for a tiny moment then unpacking continues....

the GREAT VERMONT SNOW HOLIDAY has come to a grinding halt!!

mooseless at that....the trip home was long and we spent one night just south of DC....then headed the last leg tonight.

left vermont just ahead of the worse part of the snow...the entire drive out of vermont was on snow covered highway and enjoying watching the snow plows....once we hit mass...it was rain....but then once we got south of baltimore it was all sunny again and now home....from 0 degrees our last morning in vermont to 63 degrees in charleston, big difference!! oooh where is that beautiful snow scenery????

VERMONT I LOVE YOU....and know i will visit again one day.

missed all you beautiful ladies....will be back later....or tomorrow...for more vermont posts and pics if u want to see any
current status: sick with a bad cold, slight fever and chills.

oh so good to be home and have my own bed to rest in!!

molly....tell chris, thank you for thinking about me!!
barb...omg...YOU LOOK ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!
Yea, rainbows back, sorry your not feeling so good but glad your safe and sound, and love your new avatar.

Had a very nice day DH took me to town and got a new pair of skinny pants, pretty tight so I have room to loose and they will look even better, all my pants are getting so baggy and starting to really make me look like a old bag lady it feels good to have on tight jeans. Went to a niece's birthday party and got lots of compliments and stayed OP, I just love IP!

Last edited by Yesmyqueen; 12-29-2012 at 08:25 PM.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:56 PM   #52  

Hi all Day 100 of IP for me. Don't have a good grasp on where the total weight loss is because of surgery but I think its 50lb down. Recovery has been tough but hopefully I will be back to normal within the month
Old 12-29-2012, 11:42 PM   #53  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Good evening - it's late (11 pm), and about to get ready for bed, but hadn't checked in here yet today. VIP & I had a day of shopping, then he treated me to dinner before heading home. (I rarely do this, but actually got a head start on gifts for next Christmas!)

Had a great visit with my son & his family yesterday, even though we all missed 'little blondie', my granddaugher who lives in Louisiana. We'll see her when she's on spring break. But enjoyed the time with my newest granddaughter, 8 yr old Hailee.

I'm doing P1 for a couple of days, then beginning Jan. 2 will do P1 for about a week. That should get me below where I need to be. Am going to WI at the clinic for the first time since beginning maintenance next Thurs. I plan to keep doing this about once a month for a while. I obviously need the accountability and support, as I've made a real mess of things so far... :/ The few cravings I had while on P1 didn't bother me too much, but they are kicking my butt now! My knee is still bothering me sometimes, but I've been given the OK to begin working out (gently) at the gym after the first of the year.

Happy for those of you that have great WIs the past few days, and WELCOME Kimbow! Glad to have you join us! Hang in there, you'll feel so much better in just a couple more days.

Susan, sorry you are under the weather, but very glad you made it home safely, and had a good trip.

Joysh - What a wonderful holiday season for you! 2 weeks being grandma and now time to yourself as well.

Have a good night...
Old 12-30-2012, 08:59 AM   #54  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

Cindy - Good luck with your P1 week!

Chloe - Thank you for the cellulite protocol!

The holidays have been good to me. I bought my pork and sauerkraut for the new year, glad they are both OP! Though I guess I should be eating pork loin, but I hate that. I got center chops and will be trimming off the visible fat. Maybe. ; )

I am SO GLAD I can start the New Year without making the same tired old weight resolution. Though I am not at goal, I kind of feel like I have that aspect of my life under control. But I am going to start adding some exercise back into my life.

Anyone have any interesting resolutions?

Love you all and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Last edited by AlisonS; 12-30-2012 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Extraneous bolding removed
Old 12-30-2012, 09:20 AM   #55  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Good evening - it's late (11 pm), and about to get ready for bed, but hadn't checked in here yet today. VIP & I had a day of shopping, then he treated me to dinner before heading home. (I rarely do this, but actually got a head start on gifts for next Christmas!)

Had a great visit with my son & his family yesterday, even though we all missed 'little blondie', my granddaugher who lives in Louisiana. We'll see her when she's on spring break. But enjoyed the time with my newest granddaughter, 8 yr old Hailee.

I'm doing P1 for a couple of days, then beginning Jan. 2 will do P1 for about a week. That should get me below where I need to be. Am going to WI at the clinic for the first time since beginning maintenance next Thurs. I plan to keep doing this about once a month for a while. I obviously need the accountability and support, as I've made a real mess of things so far... :/ The few cravings I had while on P1 didn't bother me too much, but they are kicking my butt now! My knee is still bothering me sometimes, but I've been given the OK to begin working out (gently) at the gym after the first of the year.
Cindy, sure sounds like you're having a great time with the after Christmas sales. Also, you really seem to know how to handle maintenance and keep it under control even when, as you say, you make a "real mess of things." This is the point when most would throw in the towel and then eat everything in sight from then on. I congratulate you. We must get together and talk maintenance when I come up this spring. I should be really close by then.

Quote:
I am SO GLAD I can start the New Year without making the same tired old weight resolution. Though I am not at goal, I kind of feel like I have that aspect of my life under control. But I am going to start adding some exercise back into my life.
Alison, I love your attitude. Hadn't thought about it as I never make New Year's resolutions. It's great when we feel we have that aspect of our life under control.

WI this morning. 1lb. I probably wasn't as good as I should be about what meat I'm eating for dinner and probably an extra restricted veggie (salads out). I don't stress over it as I've tried to make this as a new lifestyle, not a diet. To me a diet is like a jail sentence, but when finished just return to a "life of crime" or should I say a life of carbs. I'm using P1 to learn to adjust in a different way to food entirely. Life will never be the same in the eating department. Plus, I am trying to find ways this works for both super skinny DH and me. I just can't see cooking two meals at dinner. He does his own thing at lunch, but dinner is together. He sometimes adds a carb veggie, but not a lot.

Enough of my ranting. Oh, my BMI just squeaked into the Overweight range from Obese. YEAH!!! That is very nice psychologically.

Have a great OP Sunday, all.

Molyl
Old 12-30-2012, 10:01 AM   #56  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Way to go, Molly. One pound during Christmas week is fantastic!
And BMI in a lower range too!

I sure do miss Rainbow and Dana! Hope you are feeling better soon, Rainbow!
Old 12-30-2012, 10:05 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 190/185/130 [url=http://www.3f

Height: 5'4"

You are a wonderful inspiration for me. Thanks.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:39 AM   #58  
Started IP 6/14/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Hey, Cindy! You'll be fine because you know what to do now. I've heard that maintenance is a learning process and once you get the hang of it you'll be fine. Of course, I'm scared of it right now, but I'll be there soon enough right with you. Glad you got to see the family, too!

Quote:
Love you all and HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Alison, so right!! This will be the first year in, well, my whole life, that my New Year's Resolution does not include losing a lot of weight!!! This time it will be to complete my weight loss journey and keep it off! It feels pretty great!

Quote:
Enough of my ranting. Oh, my BMI just squeaked into the Overweight range from Obese. YEAH!!! That is very nice psychologically.
Molyl
Molly, Congrats on being out of the Obese range!! That's fantastic!!!

Have a great day, everyone!!!!!
Old 12-30-2012, 12:17 PM   #59  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Just added this fabulous spinach salad recipe to the recipe thread.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ml#post4568372

I'm always looking for new ways for veggies.

Molly
Old 12-30-2012, 01:23 PM   #60  

KIMBROW - a big welcome! I hope that you will be happy with IP. I love it!

Wingnut - thanks fro the eggplant recipe cannot wait to try it.

Big day for me - I stayed off of my leg all day yesterday and can actually walk around without a crutch today. It has been a rough month, or he** year. I finally decided to step on the scale since my knee was looking much more like a knee and much less like a watermelon. I met my goal of losing 50 lbs by 2013. I have lost 51 lbs as of today....I cried!!! I asked my husband to bring in 51 lbs from our weight set. I couldn't even lift it but I had been lifting it for a long time. wow...yes, I am proud of me and my accomplishments and cannot believe that I may be in Onederland before Mardi Gras (mid February this year)
Closed Thread