Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 09:23 PM   #451  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

haven't had a chance to read much....or post....but i have been thinking about all of you!!! so far, its been a very very ROUGH go of a vacation!!!!!!!!!

BUT......we are making the best of it and still having a GRAND TIME!!!

and BONUS....ITS SNOWING.....and snowed about 3 inches today!! not enough to do our snowmobile ride.....and unless they get about a foot of snow, the trails will not be opened, blah!!! but nevermind.....i am loving the snow!! will post more and photos when i can!!

LOVE TO YOU ALL YOU BEAUTIFUL AMAZING LADIESSSSSSSSSSS
Old 12-22-2012, 09:27 PM   #452  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

ps....that horrible moment of unpacking when you realize you did NOT pack any panties!!!!!!!!! it was commandO style or nigels white-ys and i'll let you guess which i am doing!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 12-22-2012 at 09:27 PM.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:17 PM   #453  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
ps....that horrible moment of unpacking when you realize you did NOT pack any panties!!!!!!!!! it was commandO style or nigels white-ys and i'll let you guess which i am doing!!!
DH said he can sympathize. He did that, in fact last fall he left his suitcase on the guest bed in the cottage. Didn't discover until he went to get it to take into the hotel room on the way down.

Glad you have some snow. Next winter you can come up to visit us. We'll find you a snowmobile. The previous owner left us a pair of skids from his, unfortunately not the rest of it.

Take care and enjoy.

Luv ya.
Molly

P.S. Tell Nigel I got a good chuckle out of ZZ Top santas. People only ate half of them, but I left the rest for the hosts.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:18 PM   #454  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Command-O!

Glad you're getting some snow!

Good news here - shortly after my last post 4 power co trucks pulled up to our corner and got our electricity back on! Yay!!!
Old 12-22-2012, 10:23 PM   #455  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Quote:
haven't had a chance to read much....or post....but i have been thinking about all of you!!! so far, its been a very very ROUGH go of a vacation!!!!!!!!!

BUT......we are making the best of it and still having a GRAND TIME!!!

and BONUS....ITS SNOWING.....and snowed about 3 inches today!! not enough to do our snowmobile ride.....and unless they get about a foot of snow, the trails will not be opened, blah!!! but nevermind.....i am loving the snow!! will post more and photos when i can!!

LOVE TO YOU ALL YOU BEAUTIFUL AMAZING LADIESSSSSSSSSSS
Back at ya but keep the snow up there!!
Old 12-22-2012, 10:28 PM   #456  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
You can always keep your buns warm by the fire!
Old 12-22-2012, 10:30 PM   #457  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonurse61 View Post
I would like to introduce myself. I'm in the 50+ age range and going through menopause and having a hard time losing weight. That's not the only problem. I also eat too much and need to learn portion control. I really need help in that area. I plan to work on that next year. I also have an addiction to food and I need to come to terms with that. I plan to start going to Overeaters Anonymous meetings. It has really hit hard this last week and I sat down with DH today and talked to him about it.

It's hard for him. He's the type of person who is stoic in his way of handing delicate issues such as this. He doesn't know what to do for me.

Anyway, glad to be a part of this forum and look forward to posting about my journey.

neonurse61
Welcome!!! I am perimenopause (what ever that means) and was told I probably wouldn't be able to lose the wgt. Well I have lost 28lbs since the end of October. You can do it!!! Are you also doing IP??

I am an RN and work second shift. TRUST ME esp after a stressful shift if it wasn't nailed down I was eating it. Getting home from work is still very difficult for me.

Husbands can be tricky, mine is supportive but doesn't quite get it. I don't think he knows what to do just yet. He's only known me very heavy and thinks I look fine the way I am.

Best of Luck!! This is a great place!!

Last edited by NinjaNurse; 12-22-2012 at 10:31 PM.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:42 PM   #458  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Hi everyone, well were already back from our Xmas party and its only 930 guess we are just not the party animals I remember? Anyway it was very nice stayed op only about 2 Tlbs spoons of gravy on the turkey other than no problems, danced about 4 xs, didn't win a door prize, but left with my prize DH.

Glad to here you have power again greeniris.
Sorry to here your not feeling well Lisa, hope tommrow is better for you.
Rainbow be careful out there and hope your having a blast.
Good job Molly, staying OP at your party.
And everyone else ROCK ON!!

Oh yea I got a new to me car yesterday, a kia sorento, love it! It's been a long month sharing a vehicle w my son and DH since my wreck. So remember to drive safe and watch out I'm back on the road! Ha!
Old 12-23-2012, 07:37 AM   #459  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

Rainbow, maybe you packed your undies and your DH took them OUT of the suitcase! ; ) That is HIS Christmas present, LOL!

Glad you are having a great time and got there safely! I had, shall we say, an "interesting" drive, but am now here and enjoying the holiday! So far no problems staying on program, even though I was dismayed at the amount of stuff I had to pack to bring along. I even made some cookies for my dad, didn't even lick my fingers.

Hope everyone is having a healthy and happy holiday!
Old 12-23-2012, 08:44 AM   #460  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Just catching up a bit and stopping by to say hi! I'm glad that those of you who love snow are getting it, and I hope it disappears soon for those of you who don't! I'm one of those in the latter group and am thankfully sitting on a patio, looking out at the ocean under a bright blue sky with soft Caribbean breezes swaying the palm trees.

My DH thought I was nuts, but the first thing I did yesterday when we landed was head to the island warehouse store (it's just like a Costco - they even have Kirkland products) to pick up a scale. It's the same Weight Watchers digital scale I have at home so I won't miss a beat in monitoring things for the next couple of weeks. (Yes, I'm one of those daily weighers ... just can't kick the habit.)

We picked up my son and his GF at the airport last evening so we're all here and ready for the holidays. They're out diving but my DH and I decided to sleep in and have a lazy day and just go down to the local fish fry later on. It's become a weekly ritual when we're here. They deep fry the whole fish, but it's easy enough to pull off the skin, so I should be able to stay pretty much OP. Stayed OP all day yesterday even though I was traveling ... so far so good! Everyone else is enjoying a variety of 'adult beverages' but so far I'm doing fine with my Pellegrino. I know I felt better than they did this morning!!

BTW, I'm another one who wanted to be at my goal weight for 50. Well, even though it is almost 7 years late, I feel like I finally will do it! Another half a pound, and I will be down 10 so far!

Stay safe, everyone!! (And Rainbow, funny true story: My grandmother used to travel all around the world. She proudly told every one all of her tips for how she was able to keep her packing to a minimum. One thing she always told everyone was that she only traveled with one set of undies and washed them in the sink every night. )
Old 12-23-2012, 09:24 AM   #461  
IPA

S/C/G: 255.4/251.2/180

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonS View Post
Rainbow, maybe you packed your undies and your DH took them OUT of the suitcase! ; ) That is HIS Christmas present, LOL!
I thought the same thing...Nigel took them out! Love your name by way, you spell mine with two "L's" and an "A" at the end. Mom thought it would be different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Command-O!

Good news here - shortly after my last post 4 power co trucks pulled up to our corner and got our electricity back on! Yay!!!
So glad you have your power back on! Stay warm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
And Rainbow, funny true story: My grandmother used to travel all around the world. She proudly told every one all of her tips for how she was able to keep her packing to a minimum. One thing she always told everyone was that she only traveled with one set of undies and washed them in the sink every night. )
I'm with your grandmother! I only pack for any vacation in a carry on after the airline lost my luggage on a transatlantic cruise from Barcelona and it took 3 days for them to catch it up to me. I only pack 3 pairs of undies and wash them out every night..hang them up to dry and by morning, clean panties. Vasserett at WalMart, $3 a pair and they suck the tummy in on top of it.

Daughter made it home from CA only 2 hours late because of weather in San Francisco..made for a long day yesterday considering she was on a red eye that landed at 7am instead of 5. But she's home, safe and sound!

Have a wonderful day everyone! Stay warm and cozy!

Forgot to add: Nashua Nutrition has free shipping on orders $49 or more until January 5th. Code:HOLIDAY49 at checkout US only!

International Customers : Use PromoCode HOLIDAY10 to
receive $10 off towards your shipping cost on orders over $49.00.
**Holiday Shipping Promotion Not Valid For Prior Orders.**
**Promo Codes Are Case Sensitive**

Last edited by AliKay; 12-23-2012 at 09:36 AM.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #462  

S/C/G: 274/212/190

Height: 5ft 3in

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
OMG - I laughed right out loud!

Welcome to you and to Neonurse too! This is one of the most supportive groups going, and we welcome you!

Lisa you are doing so well. I'd like to encourage you to begin those exercises; you'll probably be pleasantly surprised how much better you'll feel after doing them consistently for a few weeks.

Hello! The storm kicked our butts here in northern MI. We've been without power since Thursday evening, and yesterday we lost cell phone service as well. (No land line for us.) So the generator has been turned on periodically to keep the fridge going and turn the blower on the heater once in a while. I did make it to work yesterday (2 hours late), and no internet service here then either. Anyway, we're doing OK, and I'll check back in later!
We were out of power from Thursday night till Sat evening. I spent Thursday night after work sleeping at the hospital about 3-4 hrs on a gurny in the heart cath lab. The hospital opened up a few for staff who could not get home or had no power. Slept some more at a friend's home Friday till about noon then back to work at 3pm. Home after work still no power but warm because of woodstove. Sleep without power for me is fitful because of not having my CPAP. Roads clear on Sat went into town did some final shopping. Back home last night Yea power! and good sleep.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #463  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jampooh View Post
We were out of power from Thursday night till Sat evening. I spent Thursday night after work sleeping at the hospital about 3-4 hrs on a gurny in the heart cath lab. The hospital opened up a few for staff who could not get home or had no power. Slept some more at a friend's home Friday till about noon then back to work at 3pm. Home after work still no power but warm because of woodstove. Sleep without power for me is fitful because of not having my CPAP. Roads clear on Sat went into town did some final shopping. Back home last night Yea power! and good sleep.
That's a scary place to take a nap - hope you didn't wake up with some tubes hanging out!
Old 12-23-2012, 11:29 AM   #464  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Hey All! I've missed you. I went to see my folks, had a nice visit there. Got lots of "WOW" comments every time I saw a family member or relative. So I guess the weight loss shows :-) I got some strange questions - "are you going all the way with this diet?" I'm not sure were that question was coming from.... maybe they are just starting to believe this will work for me? I've had the comment in that general wording from a couple people now.

I picked up some smaller size clothing from my sister's donation stash (long story but she had gone thru her items and had a lot to clear from her wardrobe). LOL she gave the donations for my mom to take to the donation place, and my mother stored them - long before I started IP. It's like my own private stash of smaller clothing - though I think I've brought home the smallest sizes now. After these I'll be buying clothing. I have pants to last me into size thru size 16 now, and tops down thru ladies size XL. I was wearing size 18 or larger in high school, so it will feel good to fit into them - even if vanity sizing occurred in between high school and now.

DH and I are going out to see a movie this morning. Not sure if it's going to be the James Bond movie or The Hobbit. I haven't been to a theater in years. Last time I remember the seats not fitting me well at all. Then we are going to buy Christmas dinner makings: rib roast (may be a bit higher in fat but we're not getting "prime" so I'm going to be just enjoying me some of that - and not worrying), asparagus, salad, and some carby stuff for the guys. Celery and pickles for snacking. Hmmm I like those pickled peppers too, I may have to get some of those.

I've gotten back to my knitting. I had stopped for a few years, only toying with it now and again. Anyway I've finished a hat, a shawl, and I've started a cardigan called "Tea Leaves". I found all the yarn for these in my stash, so it feels very good to be using up some of that. https://www.google.com/search?q=tea+...w=1366&bih=612 If you have Ravelry access you can see the photos of it. I am modifying it though, to add buttons all the way down, and to make the neck opening a bit smaller for me. I am also knitting the pattern 4 inches smaller than I currently wear right now - as I want it to be something I can wear for a while when I'm done. I have a few friends also knitting the same sweater starting last week, so it's a "knit along".... I suppose when we think about it, all of us are on a "weight loss along"

Rainbow you made me laugh... I know it was supposed to be a romantic trip, but wow, you go all out girlfriend! Go Rainbow!

Last edited by Halfagain; 12-23-2012 at 11:35 AM.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:43 AM   #465  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Hi everyone, well were already back from our Xmas party and its only 930 guess we are just not the party animals I remember? Anyway it was very nice stayed op only about 2 Tlbs spoons of gravy on the turkey other than no problems, danced about 4 xs, didn't win a door prize, but left with my prize DH.

Oh yea I got a new to me car yesterday, a kia sorento, love it! It's been a long month sharing a vehicle w my son and DH since my wreck. So remember to drive safe and watch out I'm back on the road! Ha!
Sounds like fun Teena! LOL I'm not the party animal I was (or thought I was) anymore either. Still so nice to get out there with DH and cut a rug - good for you! AND you stayed OP... very nice.

Welcome to Kia land! I have a Kia Sportage. I love it. Driving home in the heavy,congested traffic for 2-1/2 hours in the rain, dark, no driving glasses yet.... I kept thinking about all those airbags around me. I felt better knowing they were there.
Closed Thread