Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 10:30 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Wuv-I missed your 200 celebration, congrats! And thanks for the tough love, it has helped me get my priorities straight fast. Only 1 intentional cheat the first week, then a wuv chewing, and I'm good. You'd be proud. I ordered a plain salad, everything removed but the lettuce only to discover grated carrots in it today. I must have picked out 200 tiny carrot slivers. But I did not consume a single one!

Last edited by Nolawhodatchick; 10-27-2012 at 10:31 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-27-2012, 10:34 PM   #77  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
Wuv-I missed your 200 celebration, congrats! And thanks for the tough love, it has helped me get my priorities straight fast. Only 1 intentional cheat the first week, then a wuv chewing, and I'm good. You'd be proud. I ordered a plain salad, everything removed but the lettuce only to discover grated carrots in it today. I must have picked out 200 tiny carrot slivers. But I did not consume a single one!
LOL! I picked out carrots today too! I had a great spinach salad. It was supposed to come with glazed salmon (glaze=sugar). I asked for broiled chicken & no dressing (O&V on side). Then there were the carrots! Next time I'll know to say no carrots
Old 10-27-2012, 10:37 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
LOL! I picked out carrots today too! I had a great spinach salad. It was supposed to come with glazed salmon (glaze=sugar). I asked for broiled chicken & no dressing (O&V on side). Then there were the carrots! Next time I'll know to say no carrots
Here's to the carrot-pickers!
Old 10-27-2012, 10:45 PM   #79  
Started IP 10/05/12

S/C/G: 136.1/118.4/121

Height: 5'6"

Day 2 of phase 2 is going well. (I'm eating my protein for breakfast instead of lunch- hope that's ok. My coach isn't super helpful since he is newish to ip) I'm super excited for dinner tonight. I'm going to grill a wedge of romaine and have it with salmon. Yumm. Have a great weekend all! I will be thinking good thoughts for all you east coasters.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:50 PM   #80  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeWBedard View Post
Hi everyone

I placed my first order with ProteinWell on Oct 19. Checked to see what the status was (thinking I should have received it by now) and it says still "processing" Not happy. Sent them an email but haven't heard back yet. Does anyone have a phone number to contact them with - and yes I tried googling it - but no success. Help - I am running out of products.
Sorry, I was never able to locate a phone number either. I did want to mention though that my orders from them have generally taken a little over a week to be delivered. I bet you get it early next week. It always just says 'processing' until it shows up.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:51 PM   #81  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
July and August! Don't ask me historically why -- haven't got a clue. I understand why leap year exists, but I'm not sure how or why they decided to add 62 days to the year, or if they made months smaller... my trivia is limited
Quote:
Ok -- I'm lost on that one too, but here is a bit o' calendar trivia that you may or may not have known. 2 months were added into the calendar. OCTober used to be the eighth month. SEPTember was the seventh (as in the french word "sept" = 7.) I believe a couple of guys named Julius and Augustus Caesar decided to add 2 months to the calendar, which throws off the names of the other months. That's why "DEC"ember (as in a DECade=10years) used to be the 10th month and now is the 12th.
Can I join your 'geek' club? LOL
Geeks United! Go, geeks, go!
Here is a bit more on the months...I had to look it up on Wikipedia. Fascinating!

From Wikipedia:
Calendar of Romulus
Roman writers attributed the original Roman calendar to Romulus, the founder of Rome around 753 BC. The Romulus calendar had ten months with the spring equinox in the first month:
Calendar of Romulus
Martius (31 days)
Aprilis (30 days)
Maius (31 days)
Iunius (30 days)
Quintilis (31 days) later changed to July for Julius Ceasar
Sextilis (30 days) later changed to August for Augustus
September (30 days)
October (31 days)
November (30 days)
December (30 days)
The regular calendar year consisted of 304 days, with the winter days after the end of December and the beginning of the following March not being assigned to any month.[3]

According to Wikipedia, the added months were January and February. I have heard of other early calendars that sort-of ignored a period of days that didn't fit conveniently into the yearly cycle. I guess it was easier back when everyone just toiled at their labors except for a select few who could afford the luxury of thinking about what day it was. Of course, in January and February maybe everyone just stayed inside anyway. Why bother to give those miserable days a month?

Last edited by Fishette; 10-27-2012 at 10:56 PM.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:59 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 394/381/199

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
NICE!!....job well done!
Thank you Wuv! You're certainly inspiring me to continue OP 100%!!!
Old 10-27-2012, 11:02 PM   #83  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
I ordered a plain salad, everything removed but the lettuce only to discover grated carrots in it today. I must have picked out 200 tiny carrot slivers. But I did not consume a single one!
My MIL knew I was on a low carb diet and I didn't want to be a pain, so I said, just cook whatever you'd normally cook, but if you could have a salad for me that would be great. My "salad" was lettuce and carrots. I didn't have the nerve to pick them out since she "went out of her way" to make it for me (lol) But I can appreciate your effort!
Old 10-27-2012, 11:09 PM   #84  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
Geeks United! Go, geeks, go!

According to Wikipedia, the added months were January and February. I have heard of other early calendars that sort-of ignored a period of days that didn't fit conveniently into the yearly cycle. I guess it was easier back when everyone just toiled at their labors except for a select few who could afford the luxury of thinking about what day it was. Of course, in January and February maybe everyone just stayed inside anyway. Why bother to give those miserable days a month?
Lord knows I'd skip Jan and Feb if I could! It seems odd that the Mayans could predict so accurately according to their ancient calendars and others just judged the time passing by the type of "moon" it was...

Anyway, thanks for looking stuff up! Who knows what you'll learn next on 3FC!
Old 10-27-2012, 11:14 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 394/381/199

This was so fun today: my BFF and I went to Wendy's for dinner (I enjoyed my bunless burger and did not enjoy picking carrot slivers out of my salad, lol) and she is getting ready to start IP. We ran into our other frien who has lost 48 pounds on IP since August. It was fun, we sat there for an hour sharing tips and tricks!

Also tried the WF Creamy Bacon dressing (I brought a packet with me) and it was really good.

And I am very much enjoying the fact that my knees have stopped hurting on stairs
Old 10-27-2012, 11:35 PM   #86  
Diane on track July 2014

My coach couldn't get any of the WF Thousand Island dressing last time I was there. I bet it's because so many of us are making "big mac in a bowl" that they're running low! I hope she has it next time I go. But the creamy bacon is a close substitute.

Re: dressings: I just found another dressing by Renees in the store that is a pomegranite/blueberry dressing for 0/0/1(sugar). It makes me feel a bit like I'm having fruit but it still fits into the category close enough that I think it's ok to use once in awhile. I like when things are available in the grocery store at a reasonable price too.

Last edited by IP43; 10-27-2012 at 11:38 PM.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:42 PM   #87  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
My coach couldn't get any of the WF Thousand Island dressing last time I was there. I bet it's because so many of us are making "big mac in a bowl" that they're running low! I hope she has it next time I go. But the creamy bacon is a close substitute.

Re: dressings: I just found another dressing by Renees in the store that is a pomegranite/blueberry dressing for 0/0/1(sugar). It makes me feel a bit like I'm having fruit but it still fits into the category close enough that I think it's ok to use once in awhile. I like when things are available in the grocery store at a reasonable price too.
my coach says if its LESS than 2grm of sugar its OK to use so you are good
Old 10-28-2012, 12:46 AM   #88  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi View Post
Happy Saturday all! Just finished my chocolate pudding shake with spinach (thanks LizR for this suggestion).!
I still enjoy my spinach smoothies in Phase 4!!! Soooooo delicious and fast/easy to make. Spinach is also a great punch of nutrition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriKay View Post
What kind of cheese grater do you use for your cauliflower. I got mine at my grocery store and it's junk. I need something better!
I use a box cheese grater or my kitchen-aid food grater attachment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Could anyone please tell me what OLD BAY seasoning is? I have seen it here on the boards, but I'm not familiar with it. What do you use it for? What is the taste? Is it something I should try? THANKS!!!
Old Bay is great, also known generically as 'Chesapeake' seasoning, it's pretty popular in the Maryland/chesapeake bay area. Used in crab cakes & seafood a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by this girl is awake View Post
And I am very much enjoying the fact that my knees have stopped hurting on stairs
My body has rewarded me on IP, my knee stopped aching (torn right acl), my heel pain is gone (plantar fasciitis), and my chronic back pain is gone (spondylolisthesis). I feel amazing and can wear cute shoes with no pains or problem!

Last edited by LizRR; 10-28-2012 at 12:46 AM.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:26 AM   #89  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I've done the same with carrots! Live and learn - next time ask for no carrots!

OMG Lisa - great pics. What a difference. Your tummy and hips have shrunk. So nice to see the changes. You must notice a big difference in your clothes!!!
Old 10-28-2012, 06:29 AM   #90  

Quote:
Originally Posted by this girl is awake View Post
This was so fun today: my BFF and I went to Wendy's for dinner (I enjoyed my bunless burger and did not enjoy picking carrot slivers out of my salad, lol) and she is getting ready to start IP. We ran into our other frien who has lost 48 pounds on IP since August. It was fun, we sat there for an hour sharing tips and tricks!

Also tried the WF Creamy Bacon dressing (I brought a packet with me) and it was really good.

WRT knees - me too! I ran up the stairs yesterday and thought wow this feels good! I've lost about 21 pounds since early September. I must update my signature.
Closed Thread