Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 11:29 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vovo View Post
WI= -1\2#.

A little frustrated. But I still lost + -1.5"s, so that's something to be happy about.

Though I didnt stray with carbs, work was stressful so I didn't eat every few hours as I should. Definitely going to be mindful about eating on time this week. Has anyone else noticed if this affects them?
Sorry you have had a stressful week. As far as eating, I am all over the place, sometimes I snack on my veggies and meat in between and sometimes I really try and push my self to wait for "lunch" hour. I just dont want my body getting"used" to anything lol.

Good luck, hope you have a better week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Quick WI report - I am down -3lb and -1.40% BODY FAT! I confess to being a bit bummed at first when I was 2lb shy of goal (I think I 'unwhooshed' it from this morning, home scale has me at 142lb, and its usually 3lb off), then remembered TOM is starting tomorrow! My mood was QUICKLY lifted when I saw the Body Fat % lost was sky high, granted it was over the 2 weeks, but compared to the lb lost it tells me that I am definitely retaining water now. It should all wash out by next week, since I am officially in my last week of Phase 1!

Oh, and 25% off coupon at Old Navy! Online & in stores!
http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/info.do?cid=34939
Great job and good luck in phase 2. I should be moving to that too in the next week or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmstacy View Post
WI #9 yesterday only lost -1 lb but that is 28.8 in 9 weeks so i am ok with it..i have never lost weight on any other diet
Excellent loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroragrl View Post
For those of you who are discouraged because you aren't losing weight or inches as fast as others - please don't be discouraged! We are all individuals and are going to lose at various rates. There a million things that affect weight loss. So, maybe your week wasn't as good as a previous week or you didn't lose as much as the person that posted before you. A loss is a loss, period. You still have lost weight, your doing something healthy for you and that's the important thing. You also need to look at inches. One week, I lost 1/2 lb., but got rid of 3.5 inches. Two weeks ago, I lost 1/2 lb., and no inches. I didn't quit, I didn't even get discouraged, it's part of the journey. Focus on the destination, not the journey. Every journey is going to have bumps in the road! This isn't a competition to see who can lose faster. We did not get fat overnight, nor will it come off overnight. It seems as if some people decide to do IP because they're going to lose 8 lbs. a week and boom be done in two months. That's not realistic, nor would it be healthy. This is a diet - they are not fun- they are a lot of work and they require a lot of dedication to make them work! This should not be just about losing weight, this needs to be about learning how your body works, what are food choices do to our bodies and how we need to change our lives to be healthy! Someone had earlier to look at a pound of butter, and imagine that has gone off your body for good.
Very well said! Thank you....keeps us going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Hi IPeeps,

I've sort of been lurking in the background for a couple of days now dealing with this pain in my foot. I went back to the doctor today. He took lots of x-rays and said my foot looks great. In other words, he hasn't a clue why it hurts. No arthritis in the painful joint, no apparent fracture. In two weeks, I'm scheduled for a 3 phase bone scan on the area. All the while I'm still having to wear this air boot "cast" and deal with the pain. The boot makes my foot and leg swell, the pain seems to make me hungry. I feel like I'm blowing up like a blimp. I hate to WI this weekend. The only positive thing is I'm off from work for 3 more weeks, at least.

Sorry to be doom and gloom, but I'm just not perky. I only posted because some of you have known me for a while and want to know how I'm doing. Thanks for the concern. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I'll hang in there through this and i won't cheat. Before I would have eaten enough chocolate to close down the Hershey factory.

Molly

Hi Molly, so sorry you are feeling so awful with your foot. Hope they come up with something to give you some relief. Good luck, nice to hear from you tho
Old 07-27-2012, 11:32 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Wow tough day, birthday parties...,cupcakes, home made chocolate, baking a birthday cake......TOM....ALL EQUALS ROUGH!!! Ended up eating extra fish...like almost 2 extra pieces and a vanilla pudding with 2 tsp cocoa....either that or a cup cake was getting it. Hoping for a better day tomorrow.....but house full of 9 yr old girls and cake and pizza.....oh gosh help me. Staying OP, staying OP

night all!
Old 07-27-2012, 11:41 PM   #123  

Quote:
Hi IPeeps,

I've sort of been lurking in the background for a couple of days now dealing with this pain in my foot. I went back to the doctor today. He took lots of x-rays and said my foot looks great. In other words, he hasn't a clue why it hurts. No arthritis in the painful joint, no apparent fracture. In two weeks, I'm scheduled for a 3 phase bone scan on the area. All the while I'm still having to wear this air boot "cast" and deal with the pain. The boot makes my foot and leg swell, the pain seems to make me hungry. I feel like I'm blowing up like a blimp. I hate to WI this weekend. The only positive thing is I'm off from work for 3 more weeks, at least.

Sorry to be doom and gloom, but I'm just not perky. I only posted because some of you have known me for a while and want to know how I'm doing. Thanks for the concern. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I'll hang in there through this and i won't cheat. Before I would have eaten enough chocolate to close down the Hershey factory.

Molly
Sweet sweet Molly!! We love you and I hope your foot heals soon!!! HUGS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I was just thinking of buying one of those Hamilton Beach half pint ice cream makers... found them at Amazon.ca. I'm single, and have no use for one of the big 4 quart ones. Unfortunately they were going to charge as much for S&H as for the machine itself. Guess I'll keep on looking.... Your ice cream sounds delish.

I was psyched to see this am when I stepped on my scale at home that I've slipped into the 170s! Yay!

For all fellow Canadians - not sure if it's a Canada-wide thing or not, but just noticed that Canadian Tire has ActiFry on special right now for $199. I noticed that when I was searching online, checking reviews on different ice cream makers.

Edit - just found the Hamilton Smith 1/2 pint ice cream maker at sears.ca Good price and reasonable local shipping cost. It's on it's way....
I saw it on sale at Canadian Tire as well out here in Sask!! Going to splurge on one tomorrow and make Longhorns recipe for hot sauce chicken strips!

And I'm going to check out the ice cream maker right now...

Thanks!!!
Old 07-27-2012, 11:53 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 297/297/175

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone!

These past few days have been rough! I've battled a toothache for 2 days and had a route canal today! So hopefully tomorrow I will be up and running as close to normal as possible!

Today was hard. My husband has supported me these past two weeks and ate what I ate for dinner but tonight he really wanted takeout. It was tempting but I didnt give in. I'm so proud of myself. I Mage a HUGE salad with grilled chicken and fresh veggies!!

****One thing. I used low fat salad dressing... 30 calories, 2g fat, and 3 carbs. I REALLy hope I didn't put myself out of ketosis...****

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 07-28-2012, 12:20 AM   #125  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Hey - has anyone heard LizRR - she likes to shop!
Correction...LOVES to shop! I scored $0.76 jeans today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellycg102 View Post
Forgot to mention I am in the fitness category now.....what? Crazy and my muscle mass in a higher percentage then my fat finally? Pretty happy, this is the smallest I have EVER been. Overweight child and adult hood up until now. Too many years of yo yo dieting, hopefully when I say gone forever.....it happens. I know I am gonna work very hard to keep it off this time, ALL THE TIME!!!
That is Amazing! My dream is to get into the Fitness category, congrats!
Old 07-28-2012, 12:35 AM   #126  
lcmd09

S/C/G: 223/172/150

Height: 5'4"

Had WI#2 today, -5.5lbs! Yay!

WI#1: -6lb, WI#2-5.5lb
Old 07-28-2012, 10:26 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen71 View Post
auroragrl VERY WELL SAID!!!

Although I am losing and doing great it is so frustrating with losing 40lbs but only dropping one size. So hard to stay focused but with the support of DH and DS I keep plugging away. This is very hard for me as food is my addition but I need to do this for myself first and then my family. A loss is a loss be it in pounds or inches.

Be proud of yourselves! It is a very hard journey and a life changing one that we will all accomplish if we keep going.

Thanks for all the support on here. Just love you guys!!!
I'm just catching up from last night, as Liz said, towards the end, sizes drop fast. I was on this program almost 2 months before I went from a tight size 14 to a comfy size 12. Now, a few pounds down shows a discernable difference in the body, so hang in there and once the sizes start to dro, and they absolutely will (YOU ARE DOING GREAT!! btw), buy only a few things to get you by because you will not wear them for long. Clothes I bought in May are too big now - really not flattering and I haven't worn them - its a shame, I should have known better. So hang in there, a beautiful difference is right around the corner.

Quote:
WI= -1\2#.

A little frustrated. But I still lost + -1.5"s, so that's something to be happy about.

Though I didnt stray with carbs, work was stressful so I didn't eat every few hours as I should. Definitely going to be mindful about eating on time this week. Has anyone else noticed if this affects them?
I have had 2 weeks where I gained weight - these things happen. Don't worry about minimal losses, a larger loss is only 1-2 weeks away. Love and appreciate your body for what its doing. Its pretty amazing when you think about it - its busy burning fat, reshaping you here and there, keeping all vital organs going, dealing with the new menu, etc!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Quick WI report - I am down -3lb and -1.40% BODY FAT! I confess to being a bit bummed at first when I was 2lb shy of goal (I think I 'unwhooshed' it from this morning, home scale has me at 142lb, and its usually 3lb off), then remembered TOM is starting tomorrow! My mood was QUICKLY lifted when I saw the Body Fat % lost was sky high, granted it was over the 2 weeks, but compared to the lb lost it tells me that I am definitely retaining water now. It should all wash out by next week, since I am officially in my last week of Phase 1!

Oh, and 25% off coupon at Old Navy! Online & in stores!
http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/info.do?cid=34939
I think you have the most amazing consistent fat loss and are a great role model as to what discipline and persistence can achieve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellycg102 View Post
Forgot to mention I am in the fitness category now.....what? Crazy and my muscle mass in a higher percentage then my fat finally? Pretty happy, this is the smallest I have EVER been. Overweight child and adult hood up until now. Too many years of yo yo dieting, hopefully when I say gone forever.....it happens. I know I am gonna work very hard to keep it off this time, ALL THE TIME!!!
Yes, it is crazy, crazy good, enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen71 View Post
Another great WI. Down another 2.2 lbs for a total of 42 lost. Past my half way mark. WOO HOO!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Yay!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmstacy View Post
WI #9 yesterday only lost -1 lb but that is 28.8 in 9 weeks so i am ok with it..i have never lost weight on any other diet
1 pound is great! I also lost a whole pound this week!! That's a mugful of fat! Gone, gone, gone. Also think how in the past if we gained a pound, we might not think much of it, and just go ahead and have another cookie later in the day, etc... and now, when you think of losing a pound, we have a new respect for what it takes to do that.

Quote:
Hi IPeeps,

Molly
I am so sorry for the pain and this long timeline of doctor visits and healing you have ahead of you.

Its great that you will hang in there and not delve into the chocolate or other contraband. It takes discipline, my hat is off to you! And my prayers for a speedy recovery are coming your way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck81 View Post
A request from Chloe for my Strawberry, rhubarb cheesecake ice cream.

2 cups of frozen rhubarb microwaved until mushy, then added a Tbls or two of WF strawberry syrup and cooled some. Put it in my magic bullet with 4 oz. Of water and a packet of Healthsmart cheesecake pudding (vanilla would work). And then put it in my new Hamilton Beach half pint ice cream maker for 10 to 15 min and yummy! Before I just put it in the freezer and stirred a few times until frosty enough.
Thank you Beck!!
Old 07-28-2012, 10:32 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Quote:
Just got a raise (finally)!!!!
Vovo,
Yay!!! Very happy for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I was just thinking of buying one of those Hamilton Beach half pint ice cream makers... found them at Amazon.ca. I'm single, and have no use for one of the big 4 quart ones. Unfortunately they were going to charge as much for S&H as for the machine itself. Guess I'll keep on looking.... Your ice cream sounds delish.

I was psyched to see this am when I stepped on my scale at home that I've slipped into the 170s! Yay!

For all fellow Canadians - not sure if it's a Canada-wide thing or not, but just noticed that Canadian Tire has ActiFry on special right now for $199. I noticed that when I was searching online, checking reviews on different ice cream makers.

Edit - just found the Hamilton Smith 1/2 pint ice cream maker at sears.ca Good price and reasonable local shipping cost. It's on it's way....
Evepet, I just received my Actifry and will be plauying with it today plus I ordered the green Ham Bch half pt ice cream maker - can't wait to try it - only 10 minutes from packet to bowl!!

Quote:
Hey - has anyone heard LizRR - she likes to shop!
You will too when you get to goal! Look forward to it and save up for it!
Closed Thread