Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 10:38 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 146/131/128

Height: 5'4

Tried the Proti-Thin Salt & Vinegar Soy Puffs (since they are unrestricted), they were okay. Not great, but a nice little snack.

I also ordered the Proti-Thin mocha wafers. I'm trying one today as my snack. My husband ate one before I got home yesterday... I was so annoyed! lol. At first I thought they had packaged it wrong and only gave me four. Of course, he was guilty. Anyway, he loved it (but he won't be eating any more of them after I told him the cost haha).

I placed another order with Diet Direct of some of the wonderslim products. They look delicious, I'm really excited about getting those in the mail tomorrow. Anybody tried them? I know they have a few less grams of protein per box but I'm not too concerned about that.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:45 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 219.4/215/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone! I was on IP last year and had to stop but have been trying to get back into the swing of things and having a really hard time getting started and staying on it. I am really glad that I found this thread to help with all of the alternative products. Right now I have been ordering the Proti-Thin products but did not know that the Proti-Diet oatmeal was not restricted!! So I will have to try that for my next order (I just placed an ordered last night...sigh).

There is a detox that is recommended during the 5th week of IP, does anyone know the name of it? I am really interested in getting that!

Thank goodness for this thread! I think doing this is so much better when you can share with others that are going through the same struggles and successes!
Old 03-14-2012, 10:51 AM   #48  
reboot 10/14/2014

S/C/G: 162.7/149.2/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Oh my Sara, I don't think either of us are pleased with several items but different for each of us. I should have written down what people say is really good but I probably won't be ordering again as the snacks I got now will last way into maintenance.

I got some of my favs such as the blueberry pancakes.

I already had some proti-diet chili-lime soy snacks, not a fan but I will eat them till they are gone.

So today I was eagerly anticipating my snack with new things to pick from.
People had been talking about a lemon bar, again I didn't write it down. So I ordered two different kinds. Today I tried the protidiet Lemon Meringue bar. I had checked the ingredients on line but didn't notice it had a lot of sugar alcohol-13 grams. But the worst part is I thought they were awful! It was a rubbery thing with very strong artificial taste. An hour later I still fooel slightly nauseated from the taste. I may be sensitive to sugar alcohols.

The other lemon bar is a lemon crunch. I sure hope that is good because I sure hate messing up my snack time.

I got something else that looks quite interesting- the proti-thin pasta. It looks really good with 7 carbs. it is made from pea protein. I don't know much about that.

After the lemon bar fiasco I am going to make a chicken stir fry for dinner. I need something that I know for sure what is in it.

I hope your chicken stir fry was delicious! and I am so sorry that the lemon meringue bar was yucky! Let me know what else you discover and I will do the same
Old 03-14-2012, 10:58 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 194/172/148

Height: 5'6

I had the health smart cheesecake pudding last night with teaspoon of caramel davinci syrup- YUMMY!! loved it.

Also now big fan of maple brown sugar oatmeal. Very good.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:40 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

I'm sitting here eating the ProDiet Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal and YUMMMO! I'm sure this will be my lunch from now on! I added half a packet of splenda/stevia to it just go give it a bit more sweetness.

I had the Pro-Thin Peanut Crisp bar and as it was good, I found it a bit drier and a little less flavorfull than the IP Peanut Butter Crunch bar. I'll def still have them, however I may buy the IP ones again to mix it in since it is my staple for restricted.

The oatmeal is def. a keeper though and i'll be ordering it again
Old 03-14-2012, 01:30 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

This may be a silly question but I couldnt tell based on the carb count. Do you guys consider the ProtiDiet Blueberry Pancakes as restricted?

Also, has anyone tried the ProtiDiet Pizza? I'm preparing my next order and trying to figure out which items I want to try next. I'm looking for mostly non-restricted items from Nashua
Old 03-14-2012, 01:45 PM   #52  
Started IP Jan 14/12

S/C/G: 242/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiR View Post
This may be a silly question but I couldnt tell based on the carb count. Do you guys consider the ProtiDiet Blueberry Pancakes as restricted?

Also, has anyone tried the ProtiDiet Pizza? I'm preparing my next order and trying to figure out which items I want to try next. I'm looking for mostly non-restricted items from Nashua
the proti-diet blueberry pancakes are not restricted
Old 03-14-2012, 02:21 PM   #53  
TexasGirl

S/C/G: 173.7/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiR View Post

My pizza should be arriving any day now.....heard a couple of people say it was good. I will report back once I have had one of them. I am thinking.......how can it be bad
Old 03-14-2012, 06:29 PM   #54  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

FYI on alternative versions of chicken noodle soup:

Lindora - Great flavor, practically non-existant noodles. But add in some Miracle Noodles, and it has become an every day meal for me now.

Proti-Thin - Horrid flavor, slightly more noodles. I will choke down the remaining 6 packets, but I will not be enjoying it at all.

Last edited by bethanym; 03-14-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:55 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraBean View Post
I hope your chicken stir fry was delicious! and I am so sorry that the lemon meringue bar was yucky! Let me know what else you discover and I will do the same
I guess we all have different tastes I guess. Someone pmed that she really likes so those lemon squares. That is good as I hate to throw things away. I think I may have a sensitivity to sugars alcohols.
I had the Health Smart Lemon meringue crunch bars today. I liked them much better than the other lemon bars. Nice for a change.

Several things people had asked about. One was the sweet rolls, protidiet or protithin (can't remember which). They were not too bad, nice for a change at breakfast sometimes. But I really don't care for bread that is sweet. Other people may really like them.

The package said to preheat the oven to 400. The roll came out hard as a rock. So next time I put it at 350 and they came out much better.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:15 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello IPeeps,

I lost about half my weight on IP and then switched to alternatives, as far as I am concerned it is still IP (protocol). I have ordered from Noshua, Lindora and Diet Direct and have found some good alternatives. My staples, however, are EAS shakes (Sam's), Detour Bars (Sams), Pure Protein Bars (Sams) & Muscle Milk Lite (Sams). With that said I like the HealthSmart puddings alot too. Good Luck all
Old 03-14-2012, 09:23 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Where do you get the Health Smart puddings?

Okay all- here's a question- what makes an item restricted? How many carbs? Is it 6 or more? Thanks!
Old 03-14-2012, 09:30 PM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post
Where do you get the Health Smart puddings?

Okay all- here's a question- what makes an item restricted? How many carbs? Is it 6 or more? Thanks!
It seems to be 8 carbs or more.

I get Health Smart from Nashua.

Last edited by patns; 03-14-2012 at 09:37 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:32 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by twolabs View Post
I had the health smart cheesecake pudding last night with teaspoon of caramel davinci syrup- YUMMY!! loved it.

Also now big fan of maple brown sugar oatmeal. Very good.
I am a big fan of this as well. I've actually made a cheesecake pudding, split it into two small bowls and topped it with the chocolate WF syrup then made a butterscotch pudding and put that on top and then topped that with the caramel from WF. I put it in the fridge for 30 minutes and YUM!! I save the other one for snack later or for the next day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Hello IPeeps,

I lost about half my weight on IP and then switched to alternatives, as far as I am concerned it is still IP (protocol). I have ordered from Noshua, Lindora and Diet Direct and have found some good alternatives. My staples, however, are EAS shakes (Sam's), Detour Bars (Sams), Pure Protein Bars (Sams) & Muscle Milk Lite (Sams). With that said I like the HealthSmart puddings alot too. Good Luck all
My staples are EAS, Detour and HealthSmart too!
Old 03-15-2012, 06:54 PM   #60  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatese View Post
My pizza should be arriving any day now.....heard a couple of people say it was good. I will report back once I have had one of them. I am thinking.......how can it be bad
I'm looking forward to reading about this. The carb count they give (can't remember what it is) seems to be for both the pizza base and the tomato sauce.

I have the proti-thin pasta which has 7 grams of carbs which sounded good. But then I realized that is I put on tomato sauce the carbs would go to restricted level. So I'm going to wait till I get to the low carb shop to see if they have a sauce.

I have to give a rave review to my latest new product. It is the Health Smart carmel crunch bar. It is incredible, just like fine chocolate. Only problem is it tastes like if one is good, a second one would be better.

I realized after having that bar it is good that I have my restricted on my long commute home in the late afternoon. They say it takes 20 minutes for the brain to register that you have eaten. As it is more than 20 minutes before I get home because otherwise I would have to talk myself out of having a bite of a second one.
Closed Thread