Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 07:16 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 214/160/160

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post
I cannot speak on the difference between the two. I just looked at the spreadsheet that was made showing comparisons and made my choices from that sheet.

I have tried the protein wafer squares- YUMMY! They are a restricted but are sooooo good!
Ok. thx
Old 03-15-2012, 07:22 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Hello IPeeps,

I lost about half my weight on IP and then switched to alternatives, as far as I am concerned it is still IP (protocol). I have ordered from Noshua, Lindora and Diet Direct and have found some good alternatives. My staples, however, are EAS shakes (Sam's), Detour Bars (Sams), Pure Protein Bars (Sams) & Muscle Milk Lite (Sams). With that said I like the HealthSmart puddings alot too. Good Luck all
Bella! So glad to see you back! I wondered what you were up to.
pat
Old 03-16-2012, 12:50 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

bump
Old 03-16-2012, 08:44 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all! I was so happy to meet with my coach last night. She is allowing me to stay as a client with only purchasing a small amount of IP each week. Therefore, I will be doing some alternative, some IP. More alternatives than IP's but I appreciate that she is still willing to help me. I love the accountability of the weigh in, and measurements.

Hope you all are having a good day!
Old 03-16-2012, 11:57 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 146/131/128

Height: 5'4

I had my Strawberry Creme Wonderslim pudding/shake this morning, as a shake. It tasted like a Carnation Instant Breakfast- I loved it! I am really digging the Wonderslim product variety, and the free shipping over $49. Also, they are located on the East Coast so they got to my house in just 3 days. I think I found my new diet food source!
Old 03-16-2012, 01:30 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcapulet View Post
I am doing the "alternate plan" (for health reasons) as well as using alternatives to IP foods - so I am the alternative alternative!

I started on Friday, and am feeling less hungry today and more energetic. I ordered some proti-diet stuff yesterday - I'll let you know how it turns out!
Love your avatar!! Where did you get it?

I do a combo of IP and alternatives as my local clinic rarely has anyone there, they don't stock and last time I pre-ordered, they lost my food! So I started with alternatives so I would have something to eat. Am very careful, don't buy any of the bars or restricteds for fear I might overeat them...have a sweet tooth...

Use a lot of soups and the proti-diet pancakes.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:55 PM   #67  
Started IP 1/25/12

S/C/G: 221/ticker/180

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Most of y'all know I am all about helping others so I am going to post a few pdf files that I have collected about alternatives compared to IP and a few others. I hope this will be helpful to some of you...Lisa
OMG you are too awesome. Thanks so for sharing. I'm terrified to leave my clinic and go it on my own but I have to--even though the results are worth it, that ~300/month had to be reallocated unfortunately--but don't want to sacrifice the first good results I've ever had on a diet. I did know as soon as I realized I needed to make that change that 3FC would have my back ;-)
Old 03-16-2012, 02:37 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Most of y'all know I am all about helping others so I am going to post a few pdf files that I have collected about alternatives compared to IP and a few others. I hope this will be helpful to some of you...Lisa
Wuv,
Thank you for the pdfs!! They are so helpful. I only had old ones.

Love the new photos too!

You are the best, truly.
Chloe
Old 03-16-2012, 02:45 PM   #69  

Default Wonderslim???

Has anyone tried Wonderslim products as alternatives to IP? Thanks!
Old 03-16-2012, 02:55 PM   #70  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andie0606 View Post
Has anyone tried Wonderslim products as alternatives to IP? Thanks!
Nevermind! I withdraw the question. Not impressed with the ingredients in their bars.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:45 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 229/224.5/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Arrow Root?

Hi - I'm starting IP on Monday (without using their products) so I'm without a coach, ans we curious, if you can use arrow root when cooking. I have read up on Paleo and they use arrowroot instead of cornstarch when cooking and was just curious if it would be IP friendly as well, since there is a bit of cross-over between Paleo and IP - minus the IP foods. Let me now what you think!
Old 03-17-2012, 02:36 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

This may just be me but for the past three days i've been having the ProtiDiet Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal for lunch as a non-restricted and I've been having EXTREMELY bad cravings. I'm up 0.6lbs at my WI this morning I talked to my coach about it and she said that it may be causing the cravings. I don't know why but I'm going to try going back to what I was having before at lunch and see if that makes a difference. SIGH! I love that stuff!
Old 03-17-2012, 03:25 PM   #73  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by geminezmarie View Post
OMG you are too awesome. Thanks so for sharing. I'm terrified to leave my clinic and go it on my own but I have to--even though the results are worth it, that ~300/month had to be reallocated unfortunately--but don't want to sacrifice the first good results I've ever had on a diet. I did know as soon as I realized I needed to make that change that 3FC would have my back ;-)
I can totally understand the financial part of it, if it wouldn't be for my mom paying for mine I would not have been able to do it, so I thank her every day for it. There is enough support and knowledge on these boards that it is possible to do it without a coach. Use the Challenge as an accountability tool for you and also report everyday on the daily thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Wuv,
Thank you for the pdfs!! They are so helpful. I only had old ones.

Love the new photos too!

You are the best, truly.
Chloe
You are welcome and THANKS!!.....I told my niece if I lived back home she would be in trouble cuz we would always be together. We are the ONLY 2 girls in our family all the rest are boys!!....she said I would turn her into a "girlie girl" .....hahah....she is a total tomboy just as I was when I was growing up with 3 brothers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiR View Post
This may just be me but for the past three days i've been having the ProtiDiet Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal for lunch as a non-restricted and I've been having EXTREMELY bad cravings. I'm up 0.6lbs at my WI this morning I talked to my coach about it and she said that it may be causing the cravings. I don't know why but I'm going to try going back to what I was having before at lunch and see if that makes a difference. SIGH! I love that stuff!
I know you aren't doing IP products but the oatmeal is considered "restricted". You might wanna try to find one without the maple brown sugar or just go with a plain old fashion oatmeal. You can cook it in the microwave for 4:20 mins and VIOLA...breakfast!
Old 03-17-2012, 03:58 PM   #74  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Since there are so many of you doing alternatives I thought I would put this link here for y'all

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
Old 03-17-2012, 04:22 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 315/291(IP 1/3/12)/245/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post
Thanks for the suggestions! I don't have a Sam's Club near me and when I went to WalMart, they did not have them. Maybe try online somewhere?
You can order them online from WalMart. They're a "home free" item, meaning if you order more than $45 worth at a time, they'll ship to your home free.
Closed Thread