Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 03:41 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

I just got an order from Nashua. It is much easier and more economical to use proteinwell in Canada, but I'm looking toward maintenance and wanted snack items. Nashua has a much bigger snack selection.
I was surprised when I opened the box, I had forgotten what a variety I had ordered. So it will take me quite a while to try one a day, but I'll tell what I think of each product as I go through them. I'm trying to decide which bar I'll try first when snack times rolls around today.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:00 PM   #32  
reboot 10/14/2014

S/C/G: 162.7/149.2/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
I just got an order from Nashua. It is much easier and more economical to use proteinwell in Canada, but I'm looking toward maintenance and wanted snack items. Nashua has a much bigger snack selection.
I was surprised when I opened the box, I had forgotten what a variety I had ordered. So it will take me quite a while to try one a day, but I'll tell what I think of each product as I go through them. I'm trying to decide which bar I'll try first when snack times rolls around today.
Ohhhh. Definitely let me know which ones you like I have been supplementing a few different snack items from Nashua. Not everyday, but every couple of days It is helping me save about $20 a week which for me being a graduate student & in the process of buying a house is a pretty big deal!

I have only placed one order so far & this is what I got:

-the caramel nut bars (which come in the exact same packaging and everything as IP) I LOVE THEM!

-the sour cream and onion soy snacks (which also come in the same type of packaging even though my clinic doesn't carry these) They are ok, won't order again.

-The chicken soup. Don't like at all.

-The chocolate drink / pudding mix. I like, but it gives me a bellyache.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:08 PM   #33  

I should preface this with: i have a soy allergy so almost all the restricted IP products are off limits for me, so this order was strictly for restricted items. (except for the pancakes)

I also want to try the proti-thin sweet roll mix, but i forgot to order it.

I just received my order from Nashua:

ISS - Oh Yeah! Protein Wafer Bar chocolate peanut butter - Very good
ISS - Oh Yeah! Protein Wafer Bar - Vanilla - Also very good (they come in two bars so you can split them up since they are restricted)

Proti-diet blueberry pancakes - cook better than IP Blueberry pudding, but i think the IP stuff tastes better

Proti-thin Mocha wafer squares (two per serving so you can split them) OMG BUY THESE, DO NOT PASS GO, DO NOT COLLECT 200$...DELICIOUS

Proti thin Coconut almond cookies - just ok, tastes ok but kind of mealy in texture

Proti-diet Chocolate dream bars - Very good tastes like Nestle Crunch/kitkat

Proti-diet Vanilla wafer bar - Also, very good, good texture too

Last edited by Sccrkeepr; 03-13-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:15 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Oh my Sara, I don't think either of us are pleased with several items but different for each of us. I should have written down what people say is really good but I probably won't be ordering again as the snacks I got now will last way into maintenance.

I got some of my favs such as the blueberry pancakes.

I already had some proti-diet chili-lime soy snacks, not a fan but I will eat them till they are gone.

So today I was eagerly anticipating my snack with new things to pick from.
People had been talking about a lemon bar, again I didn't write it down. So I ordered two different kinds. Today I tried the protidiet Lemon Meringue bar. I had checked the ingredients on line but didn't notice it had a lot of sugar alcohol-13 grams. But the worst part is I thought they were awful! It was a rubbery thing with very strong artificial taste. An hour later I still fooel slightly nauseated from the taste. I may be sensitive to sugar alcohols.

The other lemon bar is a lemon crunch. I sure hope that is good because I sure hate messing up my snack time.

I got something else that looks quite interesting- the proti-thin pasta. It looks really good with 7 carbs. it is made from pea protein. I don't know much about that.

After the lemon bar fiasco I am going to make a chicken stir fry for dinner. I need something that I know for sure what is in it.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:30 PM   #35  
TexasGirl

S/C/G: 173.7/140

Height: 5'7"

I love the IP chocolate drink - mix it in my coffee each morning. I have used some alternatives products that have already been mentioned but would like to know if any of you have found a great alternative for the chocolate drink.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:37 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 239.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'3"

hi...
I love EAS carb control chocolate RTD, but usually, the most economical for me is buying the large tub of Body Fortress super advanced whey protein. I have tried the chocolate, oreo, strawberry and chocolate peanut butter. As for a bar, I strictly stick with Pure Protein peanut butter chocolate. Upon researching IP labels (when I was on their products), I found that these products work best for me.
I definietly prefer some IP things to alternatives, I really loved their vanilla RTD and haven't been able to find one as good....oh well. That's where i'm at.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:07 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Where is a good place to buy EAS Carb Control shakes?
Old 03-13-2012, 10:11 PM   #38  
wannabe thinner

S/C/G: 167/116/115

Height: 5'

I know I am beating a dead horse, but why is the difference between the Proti Thin and Proti Diet? I tried some Proti Diet bars YUK! it was the chocolate caramel. I order 3 boxes ( dumb) to get shipping down, now I eat them and don't like them. I loved the Chocolate Caramel Nut IP bar. Any suggestions for an alternative?
Old 03-14-2012, 01:15 AM   #39  
twotots

S/C/G: 221/197/147

Height: 5ft 4in.

Hello everyone. This is a great chat idea. I live in the Netherlands so there is no Ideal Protein availabe here. I am trying to follow the IP protocol using alternatives. I buy a lot of Dietimeal products. Has anyone used these before?
My favorite are banana pudding, caramel pudding, mushroom soup, veg soup. I bought the pancakes but they are a bit omlettey, I will try blueberry proti meal next time. Loving WF ranch, great as a dip for cucumber or on a chicken salad. i buy bbq soy snacks and a delicious chocolate wafer. I'm not sure of their label, maybe they are proti thin. I will check. I also buy protein fruit biscuits 5 in a pack and dark chocolate biscuits 4 in a pack. These are good throughout the day. But this week my weight is going up and down by a pound so I need to check the carb content again. It's only my second week! too early for stalling. I also ate miracle noodles in a chicken stir fry late last night so maybe that's the culprit!! It is fantastic to read of everyones alternative suggestions.

Last edited by carolirish; 03-14-2012 at 01:17 AM.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:22 AM   #40  
TexasGirl

S/C/G: 173.7/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post
I think that a lot of people purchase them at WalMart. I also thought that I saw them at Sam's Club, but with limited flavors.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:57 AM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatese View Post
I think that a lot of people purchase them at WalMart. I also thought that I saw them at Sam's Club, but with limited flavors.
You are correct! I purchase the EAS RTD and Detour bars at Sams Club; however, they only have chocolate and vanilla EAS at Sams. I find the other flavors at my local grocery store in 4 packs. I don't typically buy a lot of these because it's a little more expensive than Sams Club. I do find the RTD are my staples though and tend to have them for breakfast and lunch.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:34 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for the suggestions! I don't have a Sam's Club near me and when I went to WalMart, they did not have them. Maybe try online somewhere?

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-14-2012, 08:39 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestions! I don't have a Sam's Club near me and when I went to WalMart, they did not have them. Maybe try online somewhere?

Hope everyone has a great day!
I actually found mine at Target. If you have one near you, check there!
Old 03-14-2012, 10:29 AM   #44  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Survalia View Post
My staples consisted of:

Proti-Diet apple cinnamon oatmeal, which I always dressed up with about 1/4 cup of diced zuchinni which had been microwaved with cinnamon, mutmeg and lemon juice to make "apple" chunks.
I tried this today - it's pretty good (although I think I added too much water to the oatmeal). I liked the spices - thanks for posting!
Old 03-14-2012, 10:36 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 239.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
I have seen them at Walmart, Stop & Shop (new england), Target, Walgreens, CVS...try local pharmacies, they are usually in the "diet" aisle. Good luck! Also, BJ's has the big bulk (like Sam's).
Closed Thread