General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 10:01 AM   #181  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

I have a bad habit of disappearing from this place on the weekends :P I do read some, but I hate posting from my tablet so I tend to wait until I'm back at work!

Dottington how was the rest of your trip? Have a good day back at school today! I'm jealous of your clothes shopping I bet you look really cute in high-waisted shorts!

lightenup How is your break going so far? No I didn't count calories at all on my break, but I don't ever count calories anyway (except sometimes on fast days if I'm eating something new). Hopefully by now you've figured out a plan to make your break work for you. That tea sounds a bit scary! Do you have a doc you can call to see if you can drink it once a month?

Had a great Labor Day weekend. Only went out to eat once, but we did go to a BBQ and to my brother's for dinner. I made vegan peanut butter cookies (my bro is vegan) that were just PB, flour, sugar and banana...everyone loved them! Except me go figure lol they tasted way too much like banana, but I guess it's a good thing, because otherwise I would have eaten lots of cookies. So now I know what to make when I feel like baking but don't want to get stuck eating it all haha

We were so busy this weekend though. Out to eat Friday night, I did a ton of cleaning and gardening on Saturday while the bf was at work and then we went to Philly to see my brother's band. Didn't get home until 2AM! Sunday we had a BBQ for a friend's birthday and then Sunday back to Philly to see my brother and his girlfriend.

Looking forward to my fast today and getting to the gym tonight. I reworked my exercise goals a bit for the month, trying to just do an even balance of strength and cardio. Hopefully we can find time to do a long hike sometime soon. We haven't been hiking since vacation in June. The weather was just way too hot this weekend. I miss it!

Last edited by nonameslob; 09-02-2014 at 10:23 AM.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:26 AM   #182  

S/C/G: 158.3/148.5/135

Height: 4'11"

Lightenup - I have a 5 and 8 year old Boy and girl... they will be 6 and 9 in Nov/Dec! They keep me busy and I cannot believe both are in elementary school now The other day it dawn on me that next year will be my daughter's last full year in Elementary school! GAH! I hope your break is going well!!!

Noname - Those cookies sound delish! How did you make them? Recipe? LOL Hope your fast goes well!

I had a great Labor Day weekend as well. I ate within reason and the scale was favorable this morning, however, I didn't eat protein last night and instead had some ice cream and I felt it during my run this morning! LOL

I was planning on fasting today - not sure yet if I will do so though. I may just fast on Thursday this week. We'll see.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:30 AM   #183  
Call me NNS!

Here's the recipe. I used regular flour since we are not GF, and organic brown cane sugar. You could even use regular sugar I'm sure.

Fasting is tough without a proper meal the night before! But it's not impossible. Good luck if you try!
Old 09-02-2014, 08:52 PM   #184  
16/8

S/C/G: 153/151.8/133

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies,

I'm the same way--it's hard to type much on my phone, so it's only on my laptop that I really write in!

We had a nice weekend at my in-laws' beach house with some of the fam. I am now on day 5 of my diet break, and it's probably about time to reign it in somewhat. I haven't done terribly, but I'm eating so much earlier than 5 pm that I think it's messing me up calorie-wise. One of my reasons for wanting to take a break was so I wouldn't continue waiting until 5pm to eat day in and day out, but of course, that's what helped maintain my calories! So, I might try using my usual IF window to eat for the next few days until we go out of town this weekend. Then it will be more difficult to IF and I'll be more in "break" mode again. I'm actually looking forward to getting back to the fasting, since I feel more in control that way.

Noname--Those cookies sound yummy! I would have to hope I wouldn't love them either, though, so I wouldn't eat half of them! It sounds like you're more organized than me with your workout schedule. I pretty much have to fly by the seat of my pants and revolve my workouts around family and other things on a day-to-day basis. I did get a good run in at the beach, so that was a plus. Do you actually sit down and plan your workouts for the upcoming month?

Nayla--Aww, I have a 5 and 8 year old as well, with a 3-year old thrown in there as well He has a December birthday, too--what a pain, 3 days before Christmas! We're actually going to have a surprise for him and give him a few gifts from us in the next couple of weeks, since otherwise he has to go the entire year with no new gifts, and then gets showered all at once in December! How did your fast go, or did it?
Old 09-03-2014, 08:31 AM   #185  

Good Morning!

Noname - thanks so much for the recipe! I have all the ingredients, so I may make them soon

Lightenup- glad your break is going well. Have you thought about doing the 16/8? It really has worked for me and I throw in a 5:2 twice per week (although this week I'm only doing it once). You can start your eating window at noon and divide your calories into two. Half at lunch and half at dinner... It's truly been great for me.

Yesterday, although I didn't do an actual fast, I had lunch and for dinner I just had a vegan protein shake. Only had about 1000 calories. I had an "ok" run today... it really wasn't "Great". I think it's because I didn't have a good slab of steak the night before LOL I think that's what I'm having tonight and tomorrow it's definite fast.

Scale read 151.7!!!! I'm SOOO Excited!

Have a great day ladies!
Old 09-03-2014, 11:22 AM   #186  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

Hey ladies! I'm so busy with school starting and don't have time for personals! Just a super quick check in to let you know I'm still alive and thinking about you guys I accidentally had gluten while traveling and got sick the last few days Also the scale jumped up 10lbs literally overnight(which is one of the many side effects I experience). Its been depressing me, but I'm keeping on with my plan and being more strict about sticking with 16:8 on non fasting days. Hope this water weight comes off soon!
Old 09-03-2014, 12:45 PM   #187  
Call me NNS!

lightenup LOL No I don't plan my workouts. I just set a goal for number of exercise minutes and track it in the exercise thread. Last month I was focusing more on cardio, and the month before more on strength, but this month I'm just doing a bit of both. I try to get to the gym 2 times a week and then go on a bike ride or hike with my boyfriend when we can. That's it really I know it's hard to take a break and feel like you're losing control, but remember that you're doing it to give your body some time to recoup after months of eating at a deficit. Hopefully you can find a way to feel in control but also eat more calories. Good luck!

nayla Sounds like you made the best of it even if you weren't able to do a full fast! Mmm steak sounds so good right now. We are having ribs tonight and I can't wait...

Dottington Wow 10 pounds overnight, that's crazy! I can only imagine how uncomfortable that must be. I hope it evens out soon At least you know the cause and hopefully you also know what to do to alleviate it? Does drinking lots of water help rid of the symptoms quicker? Good luck with school and adjusting to your new schedule!!!

Nothing exciting to report here, with weight loss or life in general. Fast yesterday was pretty easy, though my strength workout wasn't great (cardio was just fine) so I'll try again tonight. Fasting again tomorrow. I prefer to have two days inbetween fasts, but with the holiday weekend that didn't work out. Still haven't figured out any of my health stuff. I have good days and not so good days, but none of them are horrible. I'm just gonna keep doing what I'm doing, and will try to work in a maintenance break in early October I think.

We're trying to schedule a two night hiking trip at the end of the month, so at least I have that to look forward to. We haven't done this particular trail together for well over a year, and at the time I was miserable! I made us turn back. So I am excited to see how I've progressed. It won't be as nice as Colorado though. The "mountains" out here are boring!
Old 09-03-2014, 02:36 PM   #188  
16/8

Noname--Okay, that makes more sense At least you have goals. My only goal as far as exercise: "get moving and do something...anything!"

Dottington--I'm so sorry you got glutenized! I'm sure that's a major headache, and not motivating at all to gain an instant 10 lbs. Even though you can be sure it's water, I'm not sure how to get it off quick except like Noname said, drink a lot of water. Or try that tea I mentioned!!

Nayla--The 16/8 worked well for me on our 10-day trip to TX back in June, but more as a way to not go overboard while on vacation. I think on a regular basis I like a smaller window. I really do enjoy a 6-hr window like I had been doing, but I might just need to work in more days where I do 16/8 instead. And for me, the 16/8 tends to be more like from 3:30pm to 11:30pm since my husband and I usually enjoy a little snack with a glass of wine after the kids go to bed. We are night owls, which I'm also figuring is probably not good for weight loss. I need to get more sleep, but somehow for the last, oh, 8 years or so, I haven't! lol

Lately I've actually been eliminating the glass of wine 2 or 3 nights a week, and stopping eating at 8 or 8:30pm, usually when I know I'll go over calories, or I'm just too full. As far as this diet break--I'm ready to move on already! I'm fasting until 4 or so today, and it feels great! I think I'm to the point that I just don't like eating before at least 3, and even that doesn't feel right. But then I have the question: Does it count as a diet break if I use the same eating window as usual, but just stuff more calories into it? Or do I really need to eat earlier in the day and not be "fasting" for it to give my body the break it needs?

I just have to mention this because I've found this fascinating and wanted to share in case any of you have not heard about this. "Wooshes"--those times when you've stalled a bit and then all of a sudden you lose a couple of lbs and then lose steadily again--some think they are due to your fat cells, once empty of fat, filling up with water for some time. The "whoosh" is whenever those fat cells decide to let go of the water. It seems that so many people say that when they took a diet break, or even just a cheat meal or cheat day, they suddenly have this great weight loss that gets them over a plateau. Putting these together, could it be that the diet break or "cheats" convince your body that it doesn't need to store all that water, and it lets it all go? Hmmm, very interesting!! I'm curious to find out if just the past 5 days will help me get past the stall I was in prior to it. Of course, I will be on the break again starting this Saturday and on through the following Friday. But the next few days will be an interesting experiment!
Old 09-03-2014, 02:40 PM   #189  
16/8

Noname--I would so love to go on a backpacking trip again! It's been probably 9 or 10 years since we last went! My husband and I have talked about doing at least a short trip with all the kids. We know of a couple of places to hike a mile or two and then camp. Should be doable with the kids, but it makes me a little antsy to have them out there in the wilderness. We'll see...but if any family ever volunteered to watch the kids for a few days, we would possibly think of doing a nice challenging backpacking trip sans kids! What a nice trip to look forward to!! Aren't you relatively close to the White Mountains? We did a 6-night hike there--difficult and a bit scary, but awesome at the same time!
Old 09-04-2014, 08:57 AM   #190  

Good Morning Ladies!

Dorothy! I'm so sorry you got sick Please do check-in with us! Let us be your support if you need it! I know you'll fine and rectify it. Hugs!

Noname - Fasting with you today! Hope it's a great one! Your hiking trip sounds very exciting! Can't wait to hear all about it

Lightenup - interesting read on "wooshes" I've had those in the past. I think I will take a break in October when I go to a work conference.

Hope everyone has a fabulous day! Not much on my end. Today is a fast day. Run was so much better than yesterdays and I'm hoping tomorrow's will be even better! Have a great day!
Old 09-04-2014, 12:09 PM   #191  
Call me NNS!

Today is a fast day and my tummy won't stop grumbling I am meeting with a potential funder in less than an hour. I am sucking down water to try to get it to shut up! Lord I hope it doesn't grumble loudly in this meeting. Eep!

lightenup - Sounds like it's time to get a babysitter and go on a fun trip Do you ever take the kids on camping trips or day hikes?

nayla - I'm jealous of your morning runs! I'm not a morning person but I've heard exercise the morning of a fast is amazing. One day I will try it.
Old 09-05-2014, 08:49 AM   #192  

Good Morning,

Fast was good yesterday. I ran this morning, but it actually wasn't as "good" as I wanted it to be. I think my body knows that today is supposed to be my rest day and so my legs felt like led most of the time. I was supposed to run is tomorrow and take today off, but we have to go out of town for our kid's games and have to be at the field by 7:15 am. Oh well... at least I did it

Noname - hope your tummy didn't grumble too much!

Have a great day ladies!
Old 09-05-2014, 12:02 PM   #193  

S/C/G: 208/208/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! I saw that 3 Fat Chicks has this fasting thread, so I just signed up!

I started counting Weight Watchers points today, but I am doing it in conjunction with 16:8. I really didn't lose much just by fasting alone, although I know I got some great health benefits from it (more alert; more energy).

So now I'm back to fasting, but this time using Weight Watchers as an additional tool.

Glad to be here!
Old 09-08-2014, 08:59 AM   #194  

Welcome weightwatchersgal! It's only a few of us in this thread at this point, but I find we're a great support to each other

Hope everyone had a great weekend! I had wine yesterday, which means I was up a lb this morning. Never fails! Good run this morning and Fast Monday for me today! Hope everyone has a wonderful day and successful week!
Old 09-08-2014, 12:21 PM   #195  
Call me NNS!

weightwatchersgal Welcome! WW and 16:8 actually sounds like a very good combination I hope it works out for you!

nayla I am jealous of your wine. I'm sure the one pound will be gone by the end of the day!

Fasting today, too. I'm on an alcohol break (hence the jealously lol!) to try to move along some stubborn weight. I might make it a more long-term break aside from the wedding I'm going to on Saturday. It felt really nice to not have the typical alcohol bloat that I get. No loss last week so hopefully things will be different this week!
Closed Thread