General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 09:57 AM   #31  

Hello everyone! !! Wow thanks for the warm welcome!! Yes I make sure to take in 1000 to 1500 calories during that time. I only do the 1 hr Mon through Fri..weekends are just too hard so I'm more flexible. But during the week I'm busy being a wife and mom so it helps keep my mind off of what's in the pantry or fridge! Ha! I make sure to take my vitamins. I also like to drink those RAW fruit or veggie packets mixed with water to help supplement. I also try to eat activia yogurt with my meal to help with digestion. Oh and yes I have a lot of weight to lose. I've been trying to stay away from the scale and rely on measurements...it's hard though because we all want to see that number come DOWN!! I hope I covered your questions, if not let me know!
Old 07-23-2014, 09:59 AM   #32  
patpatpatpatpat

S/C/G: S: 89kg -- C: 78,8kg -- G 49kg

Height: 145 cm

I admit I am a scale-addict lol.

wow only by measurements... it would kill me

good luck on everything. if it is your way to go it is the best! :*
Old 07-23-2014, 10:04 AM   #33  

Lotsakids: I too think doing 23/1 with diabetes wouldnt be safe. Looks like you've found what works for you! Congrats on your loss! That's awesome!

Dottington: ha! You're not a wimp! Like I said I can only handle it Mon thru Fri My weekend grazing frenzy sneaks up on me and it's sooooooo hard!!
Old 07-23-2014, 10:07 AM   #34  

Thanks PatPat!! Good luck to you too!!!!
Old 07-23-2014, 08:02 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 177/155/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi All! Doing Weight Watchers with IF...actually, have been sticking pretty close to Fast-5. Weighed in at WW today and I am so excited to have lost 4.2 lbs!!!! I was kind of depressed last week because I had only lost .5 lb. But I stuck with it and am sure glad I did!!!! Don't give up! Sometimes it takes awhile for your body to adjust!!! Love this WOE!!!
Old 07-23-2014, 10:38 PM   #36  
16/8

S/C/G: 153/151.8/133

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to all the new people here!

MustLoseIt--That's impressive that you can limit eating to one hour! I think you said you eat at lunch time, so do you just not join the family at dinner? Or am I thinking of someone else? How old are your kiddos? Mine are 8, 5, and 3. It does help me also to not eat during the day with them at home, since inevitably I would eat off their plates, or even just eat kid food for lunch. Now I just have all the healthy "snacky" things I want at 5pm and then I've basically "spoiled" my appetite for dinner, so I don't overeat then, lol. At least it helps, anyway.

Old Schmoopy, that's awesome! I also had a sudden drop of several lbs in about 10 days after our trip. Crazy. I definitely am still loving Fast 5, and can't imagine changing anything. I just need to be able to reign it in when I do have to change things up, like special occasions, unavoidable lunches out, etc. Thankfully those have been only a few times since I began almost 2 months ago.

Patpat--I'm a scale addict too! Partly because I love to see that number go down, but also because I'm a numbers person, and I find the ups and downs fascinating.

I got all fouled up on Sunday eating lunch 4 hrs before my eating window, but also eating "out" and not at my house. So I gained 1.8 lbs of probably food weight and water retention, and finally 3 days later it's mostly gone. That made me realize how little salt I've been taking in compared to my old WOE, so that now if I eat more or eat anything remotely salty, I bloat up! Oh well, I'm drinking lots of water to flush everything out. Of course, homemade pizza tonight probably didn't help...

Last edited by lightenup2014; 07-23-2014 at 10:39 PM.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:45 PM   #37  
16/8

S/C/G: 153/151.8/133

Height: 5'6"

Dottington--As far as major hunger, with lightheadedness and dizziness, are you getting plenty of protein in when you do eat? I've read from others that what you eat one day can affect how you feel the next day when fasting. Avoiding simple sugars and increasing protein is supposed to help with that. I know protein works wonders for me, and my daughter as well. Also, do you drink coffee? It also helps with hunger, just have to drink it mostly black on fast days or it's not really "fasting". But tea might work just as well. I've found that just having a warm liquid makes my belly feel fuller ;-) Some people drink broth during the day, so you could try that.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:13 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

Thanks guys for all the support and help! You are all awesome

noname-Yeah, I was really interested in doing 5:2 but wanted to ease into IF first I'm still interested in maybe switching to that later.

PatPat-Ok glad it went away quick for you I'm a scale addict too! I've taken scale breaks before, sometimes I just have to for my sanity

MustLoseIt-Weekends have always been trouble for me too It sounds like you have a really good plan going though, I'm sure you'll think of a way to manage your weekends

Old Schmoopy-Awesome job on the loss!

lightenup-I've suspected not getting enough protein too, I've been trying to up it now. I LOVE coffee, but have found tea has been helping me more for some reason, so funny how our bodies work!

Today was so much better! I wasn't even that hungry till lunch I had to eat a little out of my window though bc something came up tonight, but I did awesome with calories and really wasn't as hungry as the previous days during my eating window. The hunger was wayyyy more manageable. I think I'm starting to adjust and its feeling like this could really work for the long term! Also the scale is coming down. The real test will be if I can make it below 137 since I've been bouncing around that for over a month now

Last edited by Dottington; 07-24-2014 at 12:14 AM.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:40 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

Old Schmoopy, you mention finding a device to help you make zucchini noodles. What device have you found? I assume you like it since you're eating zucchini noodles more frequently.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:44 AM   #40  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

The 5:2 thread is incredibly quiet lately. Glad to see IF is going strong! Today is a fasting day for me. Hunger is perfectly manageable today but it's always hard not to look forward to my 400 calorie dinner! My mouth is a bit sore still from the dentist yesterday so probably a good day for a fast lol

Schmoopy That is a GREAT woosh! Keep it up!

lightenup It sounds like you're doing really well despite special occasions and such. I think it will get easier as you go along to keep on track. At least that's my hope! I really struggled at the holidays last year, but I feel like I am better prepared for it this year. And being on this forum will be a great asset, as well.

Dottington Glad it's getting easier for you! Someone else mentioned sodium and I think it's a good point - if you like miso soup, that's nice to sip on (and so low cal I'd say it's fine to have outside of your eating window if you're feeling lightheaded).

ladynredd I just use a regular julienne peeler. I know you didn't ask me, but I just noticed your post.

Last edited by nonameslob; 07-24-2014 at 11:45 AM.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:51 PM   #41  
patpatpatpatpat

S/C/G: S: 89kg -- C: 78,8kg -- G 49kg

Height: 145 cm

Hi,

awesome it is getting better for you Dottington! Maybe you also just take a few days to get used to it, I hold my thumbs for you

I am a bit struggly today on the "best food composition" because I had 2 beers. but I am in the calorie intake frame and in the time frame so whatever. tomorrow will be a bit healthier
Old 07-25-2014, 12:08 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

noname-ugh I have the dentist tomorrow Hope you're mouth is feeling less sore and that your fast day went well! I luckily didn't have any lightheadedness today, but will keep the miso soup idea in mind

patpat-Hey,as long as you're within your window and calories you're fine And thanks for the support!

Today has been AWESOME! I waited till later to eat bc I didn't want to end up outside my window again and although I woke up hungry it was completely manageable. No lightheadedness either! I upped my protein intake and I think that's helping. Plus, I think my body is just getting used to it. After my lunch I didn't snack at all! I seriously wasn't hungry. Is it normal for your appetite to decrease while doing this? I wasn't even super hungry for dinner, but knew I had to eat and was satisfied. I'm a little low on calories though and I was pretty active today so I might have a very small snack as well.
Also when looking in the mirror this morning I thought I looked slimmer so I measured and it looks like I've lost a little bit in my waist. The scale is not being so kind though I'm really hoping for a drop tomorrow. I know if I keep this up though that it will have to drop eventually.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:30 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 246/201.2/150

Height: 5' 3"

So I forgot to subscribe to the new thread but thought I had. So I haven't been on here for awhile.

I'm still doing Fast 5 with an eating window of 6:30-10:30 (more like fast 4) during the week. On the weekends I vary. Like Saturday I fasted from 10:30 Friday to 11:30 on Saturday so that was a 25 hour fast. We had a very late dinner and I wanted to save my calories for it so I did. It wasn't hard at all.

I've been at this for about 3 and a half months. It is second nature now. I do sometimes get hungry during the day but a couple gulps of water take care of it. I love this WOE and really think it will help me get to my goal and stay there.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:57 AM   #44  

Lightenup2014-hello! Yes that is correct, through the week I don't eat dinner. I do join at the table. My kids are 15 and 9. The 15 yr old knows I NEED to lose weight and I'm under doctors orders to do so. If my 9 yr old happens to ask I just tell her I had a big lunch and I'm not that hungry. Our family has become very laxed on meal time. My children are old enough to know when their hungry and when they're not so if no one is hungry enough for a big meal that meal doesn't get cooked, they may just snack on something. I used to be 3 meals a day, you will finish what's on your plate blah blah blah! but why put so much emphasis on food?! As long as in the meals they do eat and what they snack on provides nutrtion and they are healthy, then why make 3 square meals a day a must. But they are not little ones like yours. Now on the weekends I'm more flexible with my diet so usually I do have dinner. And oh yes i would always help myself to their plates "so nothing would go to waste" it just all ended up going to my WAIST!!! LOL
Old 07-25-2014, 12:11 PM   #45  

DOTTINGTON: Good job lady! And yes it is common for your appetite to decrease over time. The hormone is ghrelin and it will decrease in your system as you fast.
I'm hoping I have more control over myself this weekend...
Closed Thread