General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 08-11-2013, 09:46 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 240/225/160

Height: 5'9

Is this similar to Slimfast??
erialicia2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:46 PM   #242  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by erialicia2000 View Post
Is this similar to Slimfast??
Yeah, kind of. Minimum: 3 shakes (or equivalent) + 2 entrees (such as frozen dinners) + 5 servings fruit and veggies with no added sugar or fat, plus exercise.

Then you transition to more food options when you're closer to goal weight.

There are calorie, fat, and protein guidelines for each type of meal/snack (shakes, soups, bars, entrees).

Last edited by kaplods; 08-12-2013 at 05:53 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:19 PM   #243  

Hi,

I thought the diet was 2 entrees and 3 shakes. So now I am confused. Could someone please give the definite answer? I had the book but someone borrowed it and never gave it back.

I tried it for a time and then quit. I just got tired of it but now I cannot remember the correct number of choices and I want to try again.

Thanks,
Sheridan
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #244  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
Hi,

I thought the diet was 2 entrees and 3 shakes. So now I am confused. Could someone please give the definite answer? I had the book but someone borrowed it and never gave it back.

I tried it for a time and then quit. I just got tired of it but now I cannot remember the correct number of choices and I want to try again.

Thanks,
Sheridan
Oops, sorry for the dislexic typo. My mistake. You are correct, and I corrected my post to reflect that.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:41 PM   #245  

Default New to the site...

Hey there, I'm new to the site, found this thread, did my shopping and am starting the Simple Diet today! Hope it works...I have a dress to fit into for my daughter's wedding in two weeks! LOL
Mavblogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:35 AM   #246  

Is anyone doing this diet? I did this a while back and really enjoyed it but got off because of social engagements. Am going to start again today and would love to hear how others are doing.
shabbyvintagelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:56 PM   #247  

I'm still on it. I'm doing pretty well. I do make all of my own shakes and most of my own entrees.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:33 PM   #248  
Beginning Lifter

S/C/G: 196/---/135

Height: 5'8" Pear Shape

I'm going to be starting this diet soon. I just have to buy a microwave, our old one died and I never bothered replacing it!

I've been having a hard time finding a meal replacement drink or powder that doesn't have sucralose or aspartame though. I found a protein powder from Genisoy that should do the trick, but pre-mixed shakes would have been handy for at work. Those two artificial sweeteners give me bad GI issues
graciey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:22 AM   #249  

Great. Glad you two are still doing the diet. This seems to be the plan that I can stick with right now. I have had so much trouble getting back on track. Have lost around 40# doing low carb and have gained a little back so need to get that off, too.

I make most of my entrees and shakes too. Can't handle the sodium in most of the store ones.
Gracie, glad you found a shake mix that will work for you.
Kaplods, enjoyed reading your blog.
Have a great day.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:44 AM   #250  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabbyvintagelady View Post
Great. Glad you two are still doing the diet. This seems to be the plan that I can stick with right now. I have had so much trouble getting back on track. Have lost around 40# doing low carb and have gained a little back so need to get that off, too.

I make most of my entrees and shakes too. Can't handle the sodium in most of the store ones.
Gracie, glad you found a shake mix that will work for you.
Kaplods, enjoyed reading your blog.
Have a great day.
Thanks, I'm hoping to add recipes regularly. I tested a breakfast cookie recipe made with banana, oatmeal, granola, protein powder, and oat bran. It's tasty, but way too dry. I'm not sure if it would count as a shake or a bar. As it fits the shake guidelines, and is very filling, I think it could count as a shake.

Once I've perfected the recipe, I'll post it. Hopefully I can improve the appearance too, because they look strangely like hamburger or turkeyburger patties.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:00 PM   #251  

Looking forward to the cookie recipe. Could a person use a little unsweetened applesauce to add moisture or would that add too many carbs?I tried to make one once, too, and like you said, mine looked like hamburgers, too. LOL
If they taste good, that is the main thing.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:46 AM   #252  

Hello,
I just got started back doing the Simple Diet and love it. I make some of my own entrees so I won't have the sodium that is in some of the frozen meals.
The diet is so easy to follow and have had pretty good results.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:29 PM   #253  
Beginning Lifter

S/C/G: 196/---/135

Height: 5'8" Pear Shape

Im doing this diet still! I haven't been doing it long enough to give any official results yet, but I am finding it easy to stick to. Makes portion control foolproof and once the meal's done it's done. I can't sneak back for seconds.

I'm really liking the Genisoy powder I got, it's not sweet at all which is a huge bonus for me. When I want it sweeter I'll add a fruit serving, but sweet isn't tasty to me in the morning!
graciey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:41 PM   #254  

I also use an unsweetened protein powder, a microfiltered whey protein isolate (also called cold filtered, cold processed, or undenatured). Because the whey isn't heated, the proteins remain intact, and the flavor is milder and the powder dissolves much more easily and completely with no gritty or powdery texture.

Many brands (but not all) that brag about a "patented," easy or quick dissoving formula use cold processing.

Syntrax Medical is one such brand, but small local dairies often sell their own brands much more cheaply locally. Those that ship end up being as expensive as the commercial brands.

I like to add it to creamy soups like mushroom or tomato, but the soup can't be too hot or the protein powder will clump (as the heat denatures or breaks down the protein).
Old 09-03-2013, 12:39 PM   #255  

Good morning to all. Just wondering how everyone is getting along doing The Simple Diet. I am still loving it and am down 6# since Sunday. I know it is probably water weight, but needs to come off anyway. I am counting calories, too, and journaling just so I keep on track easier.
Have a great day.