Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 07:34 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 155/122.6/105

Height: 5'2"

Hey, girls! Sorry that I started this thread and then disappeared for a while. I was really busy last week with work, and then I had a three day weekend, thanks to Finnish Independence Day.

I'm glad to see that there are so many of us in the same weight range!

wfonseca, how did your first half marathon go? That's so exciting! I'm thinking about doing one in February of 2012, but I haven't been running much lately because of the weather. Once it starts warming up (around March, I'm guessing), I'll start training in earnest.

LillyLover, I'm glad you dropped out of the 130s!

DoraUK, have you made any progress on those 2.2 lb?

Krampus, how do you even measure those sizes? It seems like every freaking pair of pants (not even just every brand) has its own sizing system. I used to think this failing was unique to the States, but I'm starting to get irritated with European sizes, as well. I know that there are multiple threads discussing this already, but couldn't we just stick to cm or inches and be done with it??

So I've actually been doing really well with my weigh-ins (this morning I was at 123.8), but I feel really bloated this afternoon. TOM, and I'm thinking about just not weighing myself until it's over. It's so strange how sometimes I see myself as really, really thin (as in much thinner than I actually am) and at other times I mentally add 50 lb to my frame.

I hope everyone's doing well!
Old 12-09-2010, 08:45 PM   #17  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

New to the 120's!

Am I'm very eager to get
out of the 120's already.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:58 PM   #18  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'3"

Hi, Ciao!! Welcome to the club

I don't know what it is, but I keep sabotaging myself whenever I drop down to a new low. Well actually, I do know what it is--it's all the social eating I've been doing. I'm really good at staying on track when I'm on my own, but all bets are off as soon as I'm out with some friends for dinner. I am learning though, and making smarter menu decisions. If I was calorie counting, I would probably be fine with the dinner tonight. However, the diet I'm on (Accuweight / Bead Diet) is pretty strict.

Hope everyone's doing well!
Old 12-09-2010, 08:59 PM   #19  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Nienna, there is no way to "accurately" figure out size so a "solid 4" is essentially meaningless. Does Finland use the 34-42 sizes like they have at big chains (Zara, H&M etc)? Also I just now realized you're Finnish - you must be one of the smallest people in the entire country

Ciao, you're losing so fast! What are you DOING?!

LillyLover, I HEAR YA. I'm just now seeing 125.something. What is it about getting to new low weights that makes us eat everything??

Last edited by krampus; 12-09-2010 at 09:01 PM.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:25 PM   #20  
Bella Signora ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
Ciao, you're losing so fast! What are you DOING?!

I'm proud to say that I have not
snacked AT ALL this week!

I use to gain so much/lose very
little from having little snacks
here and there. I remember one
weekend I had a lot of pretzels
and ranch and I gained 3 lbs.

And at school I would have
pizza and french fries. I tricked
myself into thinking I deserved it.

Now I pack my own lunches.
Yesterday I had apples and grapes
and today I had a mixture of potatoes,
green-beans, and chopped sausage (and
in my foods class I tried squash for the
first time!)

Little changes go a long, long way.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:21 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

HI girl , how are we doing ?

Well I join weight watcher again so i got a lot of motivation whit the new plan , i hope a show a loss on Monday , you know my scale have not been moving for weeks .
I will like to be on 125 by new year , but not sure on that a lot of parties ... and special dinner are around now , so i should see.

Nienna : well let me tell you, i always admire people running , so i star trying ... and them sing up for the half , so i keep motivated .... it was a wonderfull experience, I want to do a half in may ... and depends how it goes I will try for a full in October .
Old 12-12-2010, 09:50 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 155/122.6/105

Height: 5'2"

Ciao, welcome!

LillyLover, I know what you mean about eating out with other people. My parents are coming to visit for two weeks, and though I'm beyond excited to see them, I'm also a little nervous about eating properly while they're here.

Krampus, I'm not actually Finnish. I just live here. And I have no freaking clue about sizes. There seem to be several different sizing systems in place depending on where the clothes in question originated. I just bought a pair of pants that are labeled as a 29, but I know that the 34-42 sizes are also in use here (H&M is hugely popular) and that the 29 size is not on that scale! Sizes just irritate me. On the other hand, I am getting a little bit better at being able to hold up a pair of pants and estimate whether or not they'll fit.

wfonseca, your running is so inspiring! I'm thinking about going for a 10K in June and a half-marathon in October. Hope you hit 125 by the new year!

Weighed in this morning at 121.9 but also decided that it would be a good idea to have multiple cups of hot chocolate today with minimal exercise, so we'll see if that sticks.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:48 AM   #23  
Bella Signora ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
Weighed in this morning at 121.9 but also decided that it would be a good idea to have multiple cups of hot chocolate today with minimal exercise, so we'll see if that sticks.

I weighed in at 128.0 and
I'm having tea! Warm
tea with milk and sugar.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:03 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 140/123/?

Height: 5'2.5

127 this morning! Ahh this cold weather has got me always sipping on coffee & tea! I love it! We got around 20 inches of snow just yesterday! Ahh trying not to eat the time away while we're all stuck inside like everyone else is doing!
Old 12-13-2010, 12:31 PM   #25  
Diet Started: 1/4/10

S/C/G: 164/ticker/99

Height: 5'0"

I cannot BELIEVE I'm FINALLY in the 120s. Just barely, but I'm here!

I've dreamed about being in the 120s for like, ever. For taller girls (and a lot of you here, I see) 120lbs is like, the perfect number. It's the bee's knees. And for me? I'm just an arm's stretch away from having a "normal" BMI. So I think and hear about the 120's a LOT, but never really imagined I'd get here. I started at 157lbs (well really, I started at 164) so to get to the 120's, that meant I had to lose like 30lbs, and... that's a lot!

It's hard to believe I did it... Heck, I'm still in denial at this moment... But I feel like I'm walking on Cloud Nine too. The 120s. Me? Who woulda thunk it?

ANYWAYS!

For the sake of curiosity What size are you guys wearing currently? Last time I checked, I think I was an 8... but I should check again.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:25 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 140/123/?

Height: 5'2.5

Congrats & welcome Wild Vulpix!!
Old 12-13-2010, 08:25 PM   #27  
Bella Signora ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Vulpix View Post
For the sake of curiosity What size are you guys wearing currently? Last time I checked, I think I was an 8... but I should check again.

I'm about a size 7/8. I really haven't
seen a change yet with my waist.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:08 AM   #28  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Sorry Nienna I realized we had "spoken" briefly about being expat English teachers abroad. Slipped my mind! Nice work on 121...

UGH UGH UGH constipation, a bum foot and really just eating too much crap have me hovering around 130.

I wear a US 4/6, 67 cm waist in Japanese sizes, European 36-38.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:32 AM   #29  
Here for the party

S/C/G: 187/108

Height: 5'5.5

Hey, guys -- just hit 129.6! Thank God, but I guess there's no telling how long it will take to schlep through the 120s. Ah, well.

re: the question from WildVulpix, in US sizes I can wear anything from a 2/3/4 depending on brand, which is how it was when I was this size before, as I'm fairly muscular. There's a pair of 1s I can wear, but I think I'll like them better in about 5 pounds or so. In another 10 pounds I should be back in a 0.
In European sizes I'm wearing 34/36, and I haven't had access to a 32 to see if it'd fit -- it's hard to find 32s around here. I could try on some teenager clothes in a size comparable to 32, but haven't found anything that really appeals to me in that section.
I own a couple of UK things, but the smallest is a UK size 8, and it's too big.
I have a pair of H&M jeans in size 26, but I could see where I could work a 25 just fine in a couple of pounds.

Last edited by fivestone; 12-14-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:14 PM   #30  
Bella Signora ♥

Now I'm puzzled. I'm a US size 7/8,
the same I have been since I was 145!

Maybe now that I'm losing more weight
in my legs (and actually seeing the weight
loss!) I'll start losing some pant sizes.
Closed Thread