Old 07-09-2006, 02:20 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 221/218/150

Height: 5'6''

Wilma ~ What pretty flowers! They look lovely.

Not much new. Went to church and on the way home got Wendy's for my son and I, after realizing I haven't gone grocery shopping this week. I actually ordered healthy food, and liked it! I ordered my son the kids' turkey sandwhich and a yogurt, which he loved. I got baked potato and chilli, which was actually pretty yummy and very filling! I couldn't finish my lunch which is very rare for me. I don't do the drve thru thing very often, but when I do I usually get a cheeseburger and fries, so doing this was really out there for me! I guess it's little success' like that, which hopefully will help me feel positive and stay motivated.

I wish ya'll a good close to the weekend, and a kind Monday.

Sarah
bluestarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 02:37 PM   #62  
joan fay

S/C/G: 158/154/135

Height: 5'1"

Well gang - I can't seem to get the scale to show up every time.
Will try again. Just finished my time on the treadmill.
Joan Fay
joan fay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 04:12 PM   #63  
joan fay

Default Hello Everyone

You are going to get real tired of me.
But it was very hard to get my scale on. I think it's ok now.
My signature is a little screwed up - but that ok.
Best of luck to everyone on their endeavors. I plan to keep real close touch with everyone.
Blessing and Hugs to all
Joan Fay
Old 07-11-2006, 09:00 AM   #64  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

Not much happening around here. Just work and come home! I fully expected yesterday to be crazy at work because we're short staffed due to vacations but it wasn't bad at all. I came home and had dinner and then watched Treasure Hunters. Mondays are usually "crash" evening because of the "busy"ness of the day.

I have to start getting ready for the weekend. We're leaving right after work on Friday to go to Lake of the Woods. It'll be really relaxing there. I'm looking forward to it.

Joan Fay: Sounds like you're really going on that treadmill. How long do you walk each day?

Sarah: Good to hear you're taking those steps to healthy eating. I like going to Wendy's for their salads. I think the oriental chicken is my favorite! Keep up the good work.

I hope everyone is having a great summer! I know I plan to enjoy mine. They are so short up here! Have a great day!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:16 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 186/183/150

Default New

I'm new to all this and need all the help and support I can get. I pray everday that God helps me through this battle. Any words of encouragment are appreciated.
snyderbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 04:21 PM   #66  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Hey everyone! Wow, it's nice to see that this forum is hopping! A big to all the newcomers!

So let's see, what's new with me? The pregnancy is still moving right along (yippee!) I'm almost 7 weeks now and there are no signs of trouble I have my first prenatal visit on the 24th and hopefully I'll get to see my baby on an ultrasound. According to a book I just read, it's about the size of a small raspberry and already has a heartbeat! So exciting to know that I have a little life inside of me. Please continue to pray for us. I'm still in that high-risk first trimester, but there are only about five weeks to go.

It feels weird to be done with my Ph.D. work! I turned in my thesis officially on Friday so I'm really FINISHED I've been doing a lot of relaxing, quilting, blogging, surfing the 'net, and TV watching. I'm soaking it all up because come August 14 (the first day of law school) I'll be back to being busy, busy, busy again!

DH is still doing great with his trucking. He's been at it 4 1/2 weeks now, and is currently driving all over the place with a trainer. After another week or so, he'll switch to team driving with a trainee for about 3 more weeks. Then he's on his own and on to REAL pay (instead of the training pittance he's on now). I think this trucking thing has definitely been a great change for him.

Well...I think I'll go back and catch up on reading posts now. Hugs and prayers to everyone!

crk05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:38 PM   #67  
joan fay

Cool Treadmill

Hi Wilma,
I'm on about 25 min in the morning. The goal is to add 25 min in the afternoon while I watch a favorite TV show.
Thanks fort asking. My official weight in time is Friday morning in my pink 0ne button suit.
JFL
Old 07-13-2006, 08:47 AM   #68  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

Christina: I'm so glad your pregnancy is going well so far. My prayers for the little one. It is truly a miracle that you have that little life inside you. My boys were both preemies and have grown up to be healthy (except for sports injuries) young men. I thank God for that.

Joan Fay: Sounds like you're doing great in the exercise department. I think the key is to do it while watching your favorite show - makes the time go by so quickly. I wish I had a treadmill so it's outside for me. I do get to check up on how the neighbour's yard are doing though!

Snyderbaskets: Welcome!! Please continue to post. We're here for each other.

Today is my long day at work. It's so hot and humid here that it's hard to work and feel alert. At least we have air conditioning!

Have a good day!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:30 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 186/183/150

Good day to all! Last night wasn't a great night for me. But I'm back to it today. Just a few issues with the ex husband and that makes me stressed out and wanting to eat. I gotta keep it under control. Thanks for the warm welcome. We can do this!
snyderbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 05:27 PM   #70  
GmaTo8

Default Please pardon me, but...

I have a question for you ladies about the Walk to Emmaus. I am considering doing this in Oct. since a couple of my friends have had the experience and say it is wonderful. I am a Christian and hold my faith close to my heart, and since the friends who recommend this know me well, I'm leaning toward going, but it all seems so mysterious! Have any of you done this walk? If so, is there anything you'd want to share about it with me?
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 05:42 PM   #71  
joan fay

Yes, I am also interested in the Walk to Emmaus. I tend to be a rather quiet Christian and do hold my faith close to my heart also. Although I must say as I get older I do speak out a little more.
Joan Fay
Old 07-13-2006, 05:45 PM   #72  
joan fay

Wink Lost A Total Of Five Pounds.

Hello Everyone,
With several false starts I have now lost five pounds. Tomorrow is my official weigh in day. I have never been one to take it off quickly. My motor is slow I guess. Anyway I have never had 153 look so good. Since January my life has been a roller coaster which I have shared before. Maybe I am getting back on track, Sure do hope so.
Blessing and Hugs to everyone
Joan Fay
Old 07-14-2006, 01:43 PM   #73  
joan fay

Wink Lost five pounds

Hello everyone,
Yes, the five pounds are official. Doesn't sound like much - but I haven't been too fussy about what I eat. The Shangri-La diet seems to keep me reasonable content.
Have a good weekend everyone.
Joan Fay
Old 07-14-2006, 06:29 PM   #74  
joan fay

Wink Ziploc Omelet

Hello Everyone
Here is a wonderful hint. I have tried it for lunch and it works.
Crack 2 eggs (large or extra-large) in to quart-size freezer ziploc bag (not more than two) shake. Add whatever you want in your omelet. Bell pepper, onion, cheese, tomato, salsa - whatever. Have the water in a rolling boil. Put the bag in and leave for a full thirteen minutes.

You can usually cook 6 - 8 omelets in a large pot. Open the bags and the omelets will roll out easily.

Have everyone mark their bag before hand - incase they have chosen different stuffings.

My omelets ususally look like they have been through a war. Not now. No egg pan to clean or no need to worry about using enough butter or whatever so the darned thing won't stick.

I used two egg whites and one egg yolk in the interest of cutting down on cholesterol.

You can make them ahead and refrigerate. It might take longer than 13 minutes since they would be cold.

Have Fun
Joan Fay
Old 07-15-2006, 08:05 PM   #75  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS

I hope you are all having a great summer. Speaking of summer, my neice Summer Dawn just came by to show me her brand spakin' new Volkswagon Jetta ~ SWEEEEEEEEEET! Guess she had to do something before her sister's (Sunshine Leigh) baby comes (Jett Michael) in October to show off. Kiddin! Can't wait to be an uncle again!!! First time to a neice or nephews kid!!

My kids are doing well in Europe for the summer. They both get back next week. Ryan left London a few days ago and is in Scotland at the moment ~ I think Amanda is in Belgium right now. Ryan will leave from Paris to end his trip, while Amanda returns to Germany to end hers. They are both having a great time but want to get home to see their "fiancee's!!" and DAD!!

My step-d is working at Legoland today and Angie's mom, neice and sister came down to visit. Neice and sis are going to the Legoland, Angie and her mom went to see The Devil Wears Prada.

I did pretty good in my 5K last week for not training...although I did hurt for a few days!! Angie took 3rd place in her division!! Proud of her!!

JOAN FAY ~ I have already copied down the omlete recipe!! We will probably try it next week. Angie makes awesome fritattas but says she can't make omeletes!

WILMA~ WOW! Such pretty flowers! All that with no sun!!

CHRISTINA~ Nothing but PRAYERS!!!!! for that new little one!!

AUNT SUE~ Camping?

WELCOME NEWBIES!!

Gotta go...Angie and her mom have shishkabobs going on the BBQ......

GET OUT AND WORSHIP TOMORROW!!!!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote