Height: 6'

Smile Happy Birthday Lori

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LORI!

EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 11:56 AM   #77  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestarr
Misti~ I am from the NW orginally. I lived in Snohomish county for a few years before coming to TX about three years ago. Actually graduated from Marysville-Pilchuck. Please enjoy the mountains and good ole Puegot Sound for me! :-)
Hello! Glad to meet another PNWer! Actually I live in Sno County too... Bothell/Mill Creek area! And yes I certainly enjoy the beauty around here... it's why I moved back from Fort Lauderdale almost 5 years ago!!

I am originally from MO but moved to Portland OR in 1978... then to Seattle area... then to Manila Philippines and back to Seattle... then to SoFla and back to Seattle. LOL so I have been around but hopefully here THIS time to stay!

How did you end up in TX? Do you like it there?
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 11:37 AM   #78  
GmaTo8

Thank you, Joan Fay, for responding to me. I sat down with a leader from my church and we talked at length about it. Hopefully, someone from your church can do the same for you. I was told that it is an experience not to be missed, and that your relationship to God will never be the same. It is a time of discovery and closeness and learning and love that helps prepare us to be better church leaders, as well. Joan Fay, I hope you decide, when the time is right, to take the step, too.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 07:31 AM   #79  

Default hi there!

Hi there ! to all the new ladies! Jane, sunnyslim, Victoria, bluestarr, snyderbaskets, poh42 hope I didn't miss any. Glad you decided to join us.
Wilma- As E.Z. said thanks for being here keeping our thread alive and well! Its like coming home. What beautiful flowers, glad to hear all is going well with DS, pizza delivery. I have been watching treasure hunters and enjoy that show too, I don't know that I would be smart enough to figure out the answers to the puzzles though.
E.Z.- Hi guy, kids sound as busy as ever, life is good, angie did great 3rd place she should be proud. Sorry to hear about nephew, disappointing for him, I am sure to have summer job ended. How are the girls still as active as ever?
Myisha- Congrats ! wow assist. principal, you did well, glad to hear everything is working out for ya.
Christina- congrats! or should I say Dr. Christina! Congrats as passing as well as on pregnancy! prayers for safety and health of baby and your self.

I have been really busy, so what's new right. I just got back from a mission's trip with our youth group to New Brunswick which went really well, we had an excellent time, and they were very well recieved, and made an mpact in the nursing homes, retirement homes, and even a veterans home. Mom is recovering well from her broken hip, she is all done with therapy, and needs a cane when outside,on uneven ground. But overall doing well.
Kristie my niece is getting ready for college she will be leaving real soon for Ohio- 10 hrs away. Johnny- nephew is 15 just started taking a scuba diving course to become a certified diver. He wants to be certified to do search and rescue with the fire dept. dive team. He is doing weally well he has one more weekend of training left and he does his big dive on Sun. 60 feet in Lake George. He is so excited. Will probably have to wait till he is 18 to join the dive team, insurance purposes. But needs time to advance in his dinving plans to take a couple more courses that allow him to do deeper dives, as well as search and rescue diving course. Kaylee - (china niece)is doing well, just got shots yesterday, so will be grumpy but has come so far, hard to believe a year ago today me and my sister were in China and today the 19th was the day we first laid eyes on her. It was her gotcha day! Need to make something special for prayer meeting tonight to celebrate with them, as sister bil, and kids and my parents proud grandparents will all be there tonight, as well as the wonderful church family we have. I returned to work Monday after being off for almost 3 weeks, lots of stuff to catch up on there.
gotta run, but wanted to touch base. have an awesome day everyone!
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:17 AM   #80  
joan fay

S/C/G: 158/154/135

Height: 5'1"

Wink Good Morning Everyone

WEll, I have hit an all time low - 152 the final report will be on Friday when I weight in - in my pink-one-button-suit. Sorry Gary. When I break 150 that will be a red letter day.

So good to see how busy everyone is with their families and church. For myself I am on the pastor nominating committee. We went one route and that didn't work. So we are starting over again. Prayers are in order - that God will provide. Of course He will I am confident of that in His own time not ours.

On with my day. Off to my volunteer job - CCSA - and then home and a man is coming to measure for verticals in the bedroom. About time - I painted a few years ago but did nothing about the window treament.

It is already 70 degrees here in San Diego. We do get a breeze now and then thankgoodness.

and so it is - this is the day the Good Lord is making -
Blessings and Hugs
Joan Fay
joan fay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:57 PM   #81  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

HI GALS~

YIPEE! My daughter got home from Europe on Monday night! So glad to see her after 3 weeks. She had a good time. My son's fiancee called a little while ago and said that he had called her and wanted to make sure that Angie had dinner planned for him here on Sunday night, he gets home late Saturday night. He usually has dinner with his mom on Sundays ~ of course she is invited here as always. He has been in Europe now for almost 5 weeks.

JOAN FAY~ Wow! it sure is hot here (for us) isn't it! When will it end? Angie and I have been spending several hours each evening in the back yard, shade for us after 3pm. Had dinner on the patio more this summer than ever before. Good luck with the weigh in on Friday!

Last night Angie made chicken on the BBQ with a RACHEL RAY BBQ SAUCE ~ very tasty and easy to make! We BBQ a bunch and everyone loved the flavor of this sauce. I'll post it if anyone wants it.

AUNT SUE~ Has it really been a year? WOW!! How time flys!! Just love the GOTCHA DAY!!! Great news on mom ~ neice and nephew. Lara will be heading to Wagner in August ~ Angie and her dad will be bringing her to school. Not sure where your neice is going but Angie has family in Ohio.

WILMA~How much are you ordering?

Angie is calling for dinner gotta go...............
Old 07-20-2006, 09:01 AM   #82  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

It's another glorious morning here in Winnipeg. The weather has been incredible. We are actually nearing drought conditions and that has the farmers pretty concerned. The past two years have been so wet and now it's the other extreme. All I have to worry about is getting my flowers watered each night.

I spent the evening having coffee with a new friend. We went to an outdoor cafe (novelty here because the winters are so long). Had a really nice time.

Gary: It's so good to see you posting again. AND that you'll have your family together again. As much as we want to see them grow up and live their own lives we need them in out lives. Have a great time on Sunday!!
Oh... I don't order much pizza but when I found out that most of their pay consists of their tips I do tip a lot better.

Tell Angie WAY TO GO!!

Sue: Good to see you again too! It sounds like you're a good kind of busy!
Glad to hear your missions trip went well. It's such a growing experience for the kids.

I don't think I would get half the clue on Treasure Hunters either. But, it did take some of them a long time to figure them out.

Joan Fay: Way to go! I should try to race you. I'm so close to the 150 mark too but can't seem to budge. Maybe budging my behind would help!!!

Off to work!!! Have a great day!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 09:30 AM   #83  
joan fay

Wink

Good Morning Everyone
Yes, Gary please do send the recipe for the BBQ sauce. Your right we have spent a lot of time outside on the patio. One thing about that is the bugs chew me up.
Wilma - I'll keep you posted on my goal of 150. When I break 150 that will be a red letter day.
Off to the vet and then meeting a friend for lunch. We are meeting at a Greek resturant so it will easy to eat healthy.
joan fay
Old 07-20-2006, 01:25 PM   #84  
Walking Off The Pounds

Talking Hello from an 'oldie' ??

It seems like I just haven't had the time, or the internet connection or anything to say but I have been keeping up on the posts and good to see so many newbies coming on (nice to see the other 'oldies' too)!

It's HOT and HUMID and I HATE IT!!!! About 90 here, with heat index at 97!!! Humidity at 58%. You can walk outside and just cut you a chunk out of the air - anywhere you want - it's nasty. . . thank God for air conditioning!

Just a few shout-outs:
Wilma - glad to hear all is going well, DS w/job, work & the robberies (I was prayin for you on that one girl), weight - still coming off, it's all good!!

Joan Fay - I love your updates and inspiration - but I'm jealous - wish I was posting that I was down xx pounds, but like Wilma maybe I just need to get moving off my behind a little more (hard to do too with this stiffling heat!) Congrats and KEEP GOING!!!

EZ - WOW, between working, the kids, Angie, ex, in-laws and out-laws, you've had quite a summer thus far!!! Glad to hear everything is going so well and congrats to the kids on their engagements...You'll be wedding poor before long!! Do they have any dates set? FYI, my DD, Sara, has her 1st USTA tournament play this weekend and I think I'm more excited than she is, so after Saturday and at least one win, she'll be 'nationally' ranked, I think that's so cool!

Well better run, been in a 2 hour lunch meeting and just out so I'm sure the boss will have plenty for me to do. . . oops, the heat index just went to 98!!!
Hugs & prayers - Margie
Margie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 11:07 PM   #85  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

HI GALS~

Just picked nephew up from tennis camp. He is out in the back yard right now setting up the tent with a couple of buddies ~ sleepover whoopee Oh well, I don't have to get up until 3:30!

JOAN FAY~ here is the recipe for the Rachael Ray BBQ Sauce ~ my family really liked it ~ a different flavor than most.

2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 red onion, chopped
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar, a couple of handfuls
1 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup prepared honey mustard (recommended: Honey Cup brand)
1/2 teaspoon allspice, eyeball it
1/2 teaspoon curry powder, eyeball it
4 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast
4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
Vegetable oil, for drizzling
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Preheat grill pan or griddle over medium high heat.
Pour 2 tablespoons vegetable oil into a small saucepan over moderate heat. Add red onions and saute 3 to 5 minutes. Add vinegar and reduce by half, 1 to 2 minutes. Add brown sugar and cook 1 minute to incorporate. Whisk in broth and honey mustard, allspice and curry. Bring sauce to a bubble and reduce heat to lowest setting.

Coat chicken with a drizzle of oil and salt and pepper, to your taste. Place chicken on hot grill and cook 4 or 5 minutes, then turn. Baste chicken liberally with sauce and cook another 5 minutes. Turn once again and baste. Cook 2 or 3 minutes more to cook through and transfer chicken to a platter and serve.

WILMA~ Hey BIG SPENDER! er....TIPPER! send the pizza my way ~ Glad to see the boy doing something for $$$ ~ should help out in the "feeling good about oneself" dept! Sunday should be fun. My ex-wife brought over some wine to get chilled for the dinner. Angie is making salmon, we still have a ton of it from Amanda and Zac's trip to Alaska, plus we already had some "costco" salmon in the freezer.

MARGIE B~ Great to hear from you again. Congratulations to your daughter and good luck in the tourney! I hope she enjoys it and that it isn't too competitive to take the fun out of it. Ryan and Nicole have set Nov. 18th and Amanda and Zac are looking at a late spring - early summer ~ they are in the process of looking at places to have it right now. Ryan and Nicole's is already set. Both of them will have 150 to 250 from what I understand. I try to not have too much input ~ no offense, but with wife, ex-wife, future MIL's, grandmas etc. it is just too much for me in the "planning" dept. All I really need to know is what color Hawaiian shirt and how much beer I can have and still be respectable!!

Angie is calling...Law and Order on....C~YA
Old 07-21-2006, 11:46 AM   #86  

Default Hi there!

Joan- verticals in the bedroom it'll be fun redecorating, prayers for weighin as well as finding new pastor,
E.Z.- great news! that DD arrived safely and prayers for son's safe flight as well, your bbq sounds yummy, save me a piece of chicken o.k. especially with that sauce sounds good too! I always add honey to my sauce. Use to buy the onion bits one and add honey and horseradish for sweet zesty zing. Never made it from scratch. Kristie is going to Cederville, somewhere past Cleveland I believe.
Wilma- send some of the drought my way and we'll send the ran, it has been really hot this week, but having showers every couple days, record number of rain. Coffee- out is a great way to relax and yack with friends, really enjoy that, not to mention love for pizza
Margie- glad to hear your well, except for heat, I agree thank God for air conditioning, I work in central air. Hope he didn't work ya to hard.
I am doing great, had yesterday off and got some much needed cleaning done. catch ya all later, have a great day!
Old 07-21-2006, 02:38 PM   #87  
joan fay

E.Z. Thanks for the sauce recipe. Very different from anything I have ever done.
joan fay
Old 07-23-2006, 02:32 PM   #88  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Hello, can I join in (again)?

Hi to all ~

I hope I can come in to your group (again). I say AGAIN because I used to be a BIG part of the CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGERS before disappearing. I tend to come and go so that's nothing new for me but this time, I've been away for quite awhile. I'm sure you probably don't remember me but I see some familiar faces ~ Gary, Wilma, Sue ~ the group does seem to be going strong though and I am sure God has been blessing you all in one way or another.

I am once again, starting my new eating program over, praying that God blesses me with will power. In this new start, I am looking to lose 30 lbs. (thank you Jesus, in advance)

So, without going into a long story about why I've been gone (nothing dramatic, just lazy and WAY off my diet!) I hope that I can join in again and feel at home like I once did.

God bless you all on this glorious Sunday
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 09:08 AM   #89  
Quit counting at 45!

Zoe: WELCOME BACK!! It's great to have you back! It sounds like you're back on track and ready to go again. I miss some of the "old" faces around here.

I had a relaxing weekend. Basically just cleaned the house and got hubbies birthday dinner ready. I made Java Ribs for him. He got to do the barbequing because that's just the way it is around here. They were awesome - really tender. Yesterday after dinner we relaxed and then went to watch our son play soccer. This is an answer to prayer because his knees have been bothering him for quite some time. He got a knee brace from his therapist and it's been helping a lot. He's been enjoying his job and has been out with friends lately too. Things are starting to look up for him. Thank God!!

Other than that not much happening around here. Back to work this a.m. With people constantly going on holidays my job is a bit busier during the summer. It'll go way too fast.

Well, better get going to work. Have a great day!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 10:03 AM   #90  

Default Hi there!

Welcome back Zoe! missed ya,
Wilma- glad you were able to spend a relaxing evening with dh, you deserve it. I am doing fine. I have to work today, but off Tues, Wed. Looking forward to that. I gotta go take a shower, and get busy, just wanted to check in first, have a awesome day everyone!