Old 06-04-2006, 06:51 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Christian Encouragers #215

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servent's Prayer

Jesus, My Jesus....How marveleous your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myselt totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hadness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name.
Amen
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 07:39 PM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Smile New Thread

HI GALS~

It seemed like it was time to start a new thread, the last one was lacking in participation! New thread ~ new life!!

It was a nice summer week here, however yesterday was a little too warm! Drained me from any "chores" that needed done. You know, all the ones I was going to do in the spring when the days were nice

I haven't been posting much, working out of town quite a bit lately. Plus a lot of stuff going on around here with puppy school (THEY GRADUATED INTERMEDIATE CLASS ) (but of course they ALL do ) got to get something for the $50 per dog fee. Right now Reba is at my feet chewing on a sock of mine she "stole" from my closet floor

Step-daughter graduates high school on Friday, it will be a long ceremony, all of our kids have or had around 650 kids graduating. Just had softball and drama banquets.

Son finishes his first year of teaching high school on Monday ~ and is walking with the teachers for the schools first graduating class ever, about 600 kids. Just got home from the state track meet, where he had a couple of the kids he coaches finish well. Starting to finalize wedding plans, we have an engagement dinner to attend with his fiancee's family next Saturday. He is going to Europe this summer, Spain to run with the bulls and Germany to see some World Soccer matches ~ I am more worried about the hooligans at the soccer than the bulls! ~

Daughter is on a cruise in Alaska right now with her boyfriend and his family. Her boyfriend stopped by the night before they left to SHOW ME THE RING He plans to ask her to marry him on the night they have dinner in tuxes and evening gowns H ehas always been on my "LOOOSER" LIST ~ UNTIL last week, he made dinner for us and MAN OH MAN was it outstanding!! I even told him he was OFF MY LIST!! and you have no idea how hard it was for me to take him off my "LOOOSER" list after the last 5 years!!

Nephew finished the "entire" tennis season without being kicked off ~ well, he was but apologized lettered his way back on the team! Has his academic team banquet this week and will be going to 6 Flags or Knotts Berry Farm with them. He is old enough to start drivers training, but...ummm...I just don't know. His grades are coming up, but waiting to see the report card to see if he is on "DEATH ROW" for the summer

Well, Angie and I have worked out our little problem ~ by NOT talking about it and ignoring it ~ Each of us sees the problem so different, and it causes so much anger and hurt in each of us, that we have decided over the years that it just isn't WORTH our marraige and we always find a way to "get rid of it" for a little while...problem is, every so often it rears it's little head! However after 11 years it seems to be the only thing we can't fix together.

Well I am off to fire up the grill...OK, so Angie is....having Nathans hot dogs for dinner tonight with chili and chips.....sooo healthy
Old 06-05-2006, 11:21 PM   #3  

Sorry that I haven't been participating to much lately. Things have not being going well here. It seems that my lovely neighbour next door called the county about us not having a permit for our fence. They came and inspected and found about five things that are wrong with it. We have fixed two this weekend and the installer is coming back to work on the other three problems. Hopefully it can be all taken care of by the end of the week. While doing all of this I blew the outside plug when the electrical cord I was using fell into the pool. My DH replaced the plug but it still didn't work. We thought we would end up having to get an electrician in because he couldn't find out what the problem was. It turns out that the plug had tripped a GFI in our master bathroom. Who knew that the plug would be wired to this circut.
Still have had no action on our house. Continue to pray that God will show us what is happening. Our house in Tampa is not ready either so we are just waiting. I do not do well with this senario. I am a major control freak and I like things to be orderly.
Son has finally been able to get a job for the summer. This is good for him cause his self-esteam was starting to go down the drain. He felt like no one wanted him.
We just went to my daughters graduation. Thank goodness her class is the first to gradutate so there was less than 400 to sit through. I was impressed that it only took 1 1/2 hours to get through it all. It is hard to think that she is moving back to Canada for university in September. We will be empty- nesters than in our new house I hope.

Hope everyone else is doing good. Will try and check in more often
mavnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 12:17 AM   #4  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

Hey guys!! I'm going to read through the posts later but right now I'm so tired from lack of sleep last night (only got 2-4 hours.. somewhere in there) and I babysat today and will through Thursday so I'm a bit busy.

I hope you guys are doing good!! Prayers for you all<3.
pixiefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 08:20 AM   #5  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Default Daughter Is Engaged!!!

MY KIDDO CALLED FROM JUNEAU LAST NIGHT AND IT'S OFFICIAL SHE IS ENGAGED!SHE IS SO HAPPY!!

ALSO STEP-DAUGHTER GOT A JOB AT LEGOLAND FOR THE SUMMER AND NEPHEW APPLIED AT OUR CHURCH FOR THE DAY CARE SUMMER PROGRAM AND WAS TOLD IT LOOKS PRETTY GOOD FOR HIM ONCE HIS PAPER WORK GETS TURNED IN...

OFF TO WORK
Old 06-06-2006, 10:27 AM   #6  

Default Hi there!

I am doing great, no problems here!
Mom2five- Pop in and let us know how your doing! Not surprided no time when kids are off! enjoy!
Wilma- Enjoy your trip, relax!
E.Z.- Busy, Busy, Busy! you can't really complain, 1 problem in 11 years, sometimes that is the easiest way let it rest, don't let one issue ruin or fester between ya! you guys are sweet and deserve happiness, in my prayers - with the engagements and weddings coming along it won't be long then Grandma/Grandpa you guys will make great ones.
Mavnan- Sorry house is doing no better, and all the added stressers, glad to hear son able to get job, and that daughter is headed for college, pray things work out for the best, and settle down quickly.
Pixie- wow! get some sleep that is a rough schedule!
Here is a little poem I wanted to share.

~Friends~

Dear Lord,
First, my car broke down
I was very late for work
But I missed that awful accident
Was that your handiwork?

I found a house I loved
But others got there first
I was angry, then relieved
When I heard the pipes had burst!

I know you're watching over me
And I'm feeling truly blessed
For no matter what I pray for
You always know what's best!

I have this circle of E-mail friends,
Who mean the world to me;
Some days I "send" and "send,"
At other times, I let them be.

I am so blessed to have these friends,
With whom I've grown so close;
So this little poem I dedicate to them,
Because to me they are the "Most"!

When I see each name download,
And view the message they've sent; I know they've
thought of me that day,
And "well wishes"were their intent.

So to you, my friends, I would like to say, Thank you
for being a part;
Of all my daily contacts,
This comes right from my heart.

God bless you all is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until we write again.

Happiness comes through doors
you didn't know you had left open.

Thanks! god Bless!

Last edited by doitforme; 06-07-2006 at 12:41 AM.
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:46 AM   #7  

Default some pics !

Here are a couple of Kaylee from the cruise! My niece adopted from China, and then with her brother/sister, then the whole family, my sister and BIL. I knew you would want to see your niece uncle e.z., she is too cute, and growing like a weed.
Kristie- in red, graduation party this weekend, actually graduates next weekend, so busy, busy, busy too, but too much fun, they make me feel old! see ya!

Last edited by doitforme; 04-01-2008 at 07:08 PM.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:24 PM   #8  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Hi all, it's been a while but the good news is I finished my dissertation! It's not over yet - I have to defend it on the 26th (so lots of prayers for wisdom and grace under pressure...) but I feel like it's such a huge weight off my shoulders. I was so sick of writing that I didn't even want to write posts on message boards or blog entries, and I usually love doing that stuff. I am so looking forward to graduation in August.

DH is moving ahead with trucking. He earned his license and got a job, and he starts training on Friday. He's going to be gone for 8 weeks straight (YUK) but I know it will be worth it. Thank goodness for cell phones, since that's about the only communication we'll have during that time.

I hope all of you are doing well!

Gary ~ Congrats to your daughter on her engagement. Glad the fiance is off the looooooser list. And what better place to propose than on an Alaskan cruise? Awesome.

manvan ~ Sorry things are a bit rough for you with the house right now. Prayers for you.

Sue ~ Adorable pictures! Thank you for sharing them with us.
crk05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:57 AM   #9  

AHHHH I am not doing well! Life has been going crazy I'm okay but last week things were not going well or in my favor...

My eating habits are not too good and not to mention I havent really been working out... I wanted to lose 5lbs and I didnt acheive that goal...
IntriguedKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 10:00 PM   #10  
Quit counting at 45!

Default I'm Back!

I had a relaxing trip! We visited my inlaws for a couple of days and just enjoyed the couple of days travelling both ways. I did a lot of reading and just relaxing - got in a couple of walks but not nearly what I thought I would. Now it's back at home and proper eating and hopefully getting into the habit of walking. I really want to get rid of the last 15 lbs. I have my 30 year high school reunion next summer and I would love to be rid of it by then. Totally attainable if I get moving.

DS has a line on a job. Please pray that he gets it. It's a job delivering pizzas for a neighbour who owns a pizza restaurant. It'll be a great summer job and weekend job for when he's in school. It's something he would be able to do even with his knee problems so we're really praying that he gets it.

From the postings I've been reading it looks like we all need a new lease on life in our eating habits. I ate very poorly while we were away and I feel like I'm paying for it now. Today I made sure to eat my salad at lunch and then we barbequed chicken, baked potatoes and had caesar salad for dinner. Back on track, I hope!

Sue: That little niece is getting more adorable as she grows older.

Christina: WTG on finishing the dissertation. Can you take some time for yourself now? It sounds like you'll have plenty of time with DH gone so much. Will he be travelling a long distance away?

Gary: Congrats to your daughter on her engagement. Two weddings in your family. You'll be very busy with planning. Have they set a date yet?

Gotta go - Cheaper by the Dozen is starting and DH wants me to come. Talk to you soon.
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 06:03 AM   #11  

Default Hi-

Christina- Thanks! great job! almost able to relax!
Wilma- Thanks! Glad trip went well prayers for son for Job! Your right about eating habits!
I have aayer request for today. My mom Rita fell and broke her hip she is having surgery today around 2pm prayers that the surgery goes well, and for quick recovery would be greatly appreciated. If it goes well and there are no problems the Dr. May let her go to my niece's graduation on Sat. My niece is valedictorian and is the 1st grand daughter to graduate. Thanks gotta run!
Old 06-13-2006, 09:09 AM   #12  
Quit counting at 45!

Sue: Your mom is in my prayers.

Yesterday was my birthday. DH and I celebrated while on our holiday so I knew it would be a quiet day for me. Little did I know! As you know I am a supervisor at a credit union. Well, yesterday a young man came in and decided to rob one of my tellers. I was out of the area having my lunch so I didn't witness it and still when I found out about it was quite shaken. The teller was so calm and cool about it and handled it just the way she should have. I am so thankful that no one was physically harmed but ask for your prayers for this teller. It's sure to have affected her but she won't show that emotion.

I came home with such a headache and relaxed all evening. I think I was in bed by 9:30. Quite the birthday.

I hope everyone here is doing well. I miss the posts and really need you to keep going in my weight loss journey. Keep posting.

Have a great day!
Old 06-14-2006, 08:19 PM   #13  
Quit counting at 45!

I'm back again with more news. Today the same guy came in and robbed us again. It's like a bad dream that keeps recurring. He went to the same teller. Please pray for her. this time she was pretty shaken up. No one was injured and this time I was on duty and witnessed it which meant a lot of time with the police. I'm thankful (again) that no one was hurt.

I'll post again soon hopefully with good news that the guy was caught!!
Old 06-15-2006, 02:14 PM   #14  

Default wilma-

Wow! prayers for the teller and the other employees that work there, he is brazen coming right back again. Sorry I missed your birthday, I would say I hope you had a wonderful day but I know you didn''t, Here is a cake, hope you get a day to celebrate and things calm down at work. Thanks for the prayers for mom, she came through the surgery well, then came down with pneumonia, Praise the Lord it wasn't blood clots in her lungs or embolis they did cat scan yesterday and ruled out blood clots, so then put her on different antibiotic, and increased oxygen and today has perked up she seems to be gaining in strength today, so I pray she is on the mend, gotta run on my way to the hospital.take care, pray they get this guy that had nerve enough to come back!
Old 06-15-2006, 11:17 PM   #15  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS ~

Just a quick hello. We have been so busy here with the new engagement, son leaving for Europe to see World Cup games and run with the bulls, daughter leaving for germany in a couple of weeks (just back from trip to Alaska) step-d graduating high school and starting work for the summer at Lego Land before she heads off to college in New York and nephew pestering me for the OK to take drivers training classes!! LOOOOKOUT!!

Sending pictures of my daughter with the salmon she caught on her trip (held by deck hand) and her fiance and his salmon. The fish were fileted and shipped back to our house in one pound filets for cooking.

Prayers for Aunt Sue's mom and Wilma's co-worker!!

Gotta go....will catch up soon!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 08-03-2007 at 10:02 PM.