Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-20-2005, 07:22 PM   #91  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great news for my weigh and measure! Here's the results:

Bust -2.25 inches
Waist -1.00 inches
Abdomen -0.50 inches
Hips -0.25 inches
Calves -1.00 inches
Arms -0.00 inches
Thighs +2.00 inches (they measured the wrong place on my thigh last time!)
TOTAL INCHES LOST: -3.00 inches
WEIGHT LOST (since 4/21/05): -9.00 lbs. (I weighed 185 in March)
Body Fat %: 34.20% (-3.00%!!!)
Bodt Fat Pounds Lost: -8.36 lbs.

Yahoo! Curves is defitnitely doing it for me. I hope everyone does well on their weight loss journey!

Didi -- just dust yourself off and try again! I know you can do it!
lateralus98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 07:38 PM   #92  

lateralus - GREAT JOB . Keep up the good work!!!

didi - Just jump back on the boat you can do it. Quitting is hard and you may fall now and again just don't give up.

O.K. First w/m today very confusing. Here goes...

bust lost 0.25
waist same
abdomen same
hips lost 0.25
thighs same
arms lost 0.50
weight lost 10.40 pounds
body fat % lost 0.90%

lost 1 inch total
Body Fat Pounds lost 7.06

I go to curves 3X a week and do treadmill or tape 3 more days a week with 1 day off. I'm eating 5 small healthy meals a day. I may change to the low carb curves diet. I bought to book to look over today.
momX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 02:42 PM   #93  

Hello Ladies...

I'm a little frustrated today, I broke down last night and ate potato chips. I've been trying to get through this Phase one on the Curves low-carb diet and it's killing me. I can deal with giving up bread and pasta but the sugar is what's killing me. Anyone know of any good low carb snacks I can buy. I don't really have the time to bake or prepare desserts.
Tee625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 08:40 AM   #94  

Sorry to jump in, but I have a big mouth and have not learned how to hold back, especially when I see women sabatoging themselves. Yes, Didi and Tee, I am talking to you - and all the others, too. Ladies, you have not "FAILED", you have "SLIPPED" and for every slip you regain your balance and move forward. It is not the end, but a lesson along the way. Something in your plan did not work for you. Was it a momentary thing or does this piece of the plan not work for you? Adjust, update your plan, regain your balance and move forward. It is not YOU that failed but something in the plan that FAILED YOU. No one says every person must follow one specific plan to the letter. We all have minds and instinct to learn what WE need. I know you can do it.

Oh, and Didi - monitor yourself on the Zyban. I had a horrible psychological reaction to it and needed to stop (pretty much immediately - PM me if you want more details). Again, we all react differently to different programs. The lozenges worked for me. You will find what works for you. And, just as important, you will find what doesn't.
ellenuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 05:52 PM   #95  

Very well said, I needed to hear that right NOW!!! Thanks I need to refocuse BAD!!!!
ItstimeforME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 03:50 PM   #96  

Hi Everyone..
Thank you all for your support.....I really appreciate it...
Laterlus....WOW...congrats on the losses...that's so great...keep up the good work
MomX3....you too!! Congrats on the losses....
Tee...just as Ellenuw said....we've slipped....let's dust ourselves off and start anew...
Ellenuw....thanks so much...I really needed to hear that...I'll also let you know if I'm having some weird episodes with the Wellbutrin (Zyban equiv.)
Well Ladies...I'm going to Curves tonight..
I won't be around til next week sometime...I'm having surgery tomorrow for Varicose Veins....so I'll be out of work til then....I'll let you know how everything goes..
Keep up the great work Ladies...we can/WILL do it..

Di
didi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 03:59 PM   #97  

Good luck, Di
ellenuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 07:11 AM   #98  

Hi fellow curve people. Well I was weighed and measured this wed and here is where I am since Dec 26th 2004 when I started my journey.

Total Loss 38.5 lbs
Inches 36
Body fat 27 lbs

Im only a 1.5 diff from my 40 mark then only 50 to go. YEAH!!!!
Old 06-02-2005, 05:35 PM   #99  
Do or Do Not

S/C/G: 302/267/135

Height: 5'5

Hello Everyone! Im sooo glad to see that this thread is started again. I got so frustrated with posting to myself and i came back to 3FC to see how everyone was doing! My first month at curves was awesome I lost 10 pounds and started going to the weight loss class. I was a top loser my first month! I was so excited! I was a top loser and a mugger..hehe. Ive been having personal issues and cut back on everything which has hurt me even more and half of the weight that i lost i ended up gaining. Its just so frustrating. Its not curves, its me. I love curves and im glad i came back because this thread even though its not updated as much as it could be, has inspired me to get back on track. Im doing the summer challenge which is 15 weeks of working out 3 times a week. Its been hard of me bc ive been putting curves last on my list when it should be first.
Ive realized the only person that ive been hurting is myself. Thanks ladies for the inpiration ive been needing.
-Court

Last edited by CutieCourt; 06-02-2005 at 05:43 PM.
CutieCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 06:09 PM   #100  

Good for you and keep that positive attitude.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:31 PM   #101  

Hi Everyone...I'm back...!!
I had varicose vein surgery on the 24th of May...just back to work this week and I've been swamped so I haven't had a chance to say hello. Surgery went well I think...we'll see. I haven't been able to go to Curves since May 20th due to the surgery and I'm missing it like crazy...I think I'll be able to go back on Monday (fingers crossed)...
Ok...so yes, I've been smoking again....not doing the Wellbutrin...or the patch...having a cig here and there.....I've gained so much weight from not smoking and eating out of control....I think I'll just continue on like this til I can get the weight thing under control again along with going to Curves.
Sounds like everyone is doing great...
Court...welcome back and keep coming.....and going to Curves...
How are you all doing?

Di
Old 06-03-2005, 12:33 PM   #102  

Kelly!!!! I clicked post a reply before I added this:

WAY TO GO !!!!!! You are truly an inspiration....I'm so proud of you!!

Di
Old 06-03-2005, 01:15 PM   #103  

Glad your surgery went well Didi. Just get back on the wagon and keep going. I just started back at Curves. I was out of town for 1 week boy did I miss it. I went back and I feel great.
Mercee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 05:35 PM   #104  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I've had my first bad experience with Curves. After taking my money and allowing me to exercise there for nearly a month, they THEN decide that I have to have a doctor's permit before I can come back in. Well I couldn't reach my doctor for two days, and he's nitpicky about putting his name on anything. Even to get him to say I'm not allowed to exercise so that they won't charge me right now. He stresses exercise but just doesn't wanna sign anything. At this point, and due to other reasons I'm unhappy with him, I'm ready for a new OBGYN, but at nearly 5-1/2 months along, I really don't wanna change this far into it.

What I did was contact another local Curves. They won't restrict me from coming, but only ask that I don't use 3 pieces of equipment designed for the abs. That works for me. I'll still be getting my exercise. So I'm transferring my membership and will be able to start back tomorrow.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 05:50 PM   #105  

I have done curves only once this week IM so hooked on going to they gym now. Today I did the treadmill for 30 min and I usually do about 3.7 mph with inclines and today was the first day I actually jogged for 10min straight I have never done that before I was so happy. I have step in the morning I may have to hit curves after. This summer with kids home is hard to get there bc they don't allow children.