Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 01:46 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I'm so sorry to hear of this p.a. I can't even imagine it. I will pray for those people.

Here is the story, if anyone is interested.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/04/world/...y-fire-canada/
Old 05-05-2016, 02:05 PM   #242  
Slow and sure chick

Hi kids!

P.A.
I read about the Alberta fires. Such a shame.

I'm down 40 pounds frim highest.
Time to turn the motor on and tackle the last 30.
Old 05-05-2016, 05:18 PM   #243  

Yay Watercolor! Good job!!
Old 05-05-2016, 07:34 PM   #244  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

p.a. So sorry about your friends and all those touched by the fires. That has to be so very devastating. I will be praying for them.

Watercolor Congratulations on the 40 lb loss. Great job!!!

I've been sick all week with cold/allergy/virus not sure what it is called. DH and DGS has had it and it finally grabbed me. The good thing out of all this is that my ticker is now true again. Nothing tastes good right now. Everything has a bitter taste to it. So not interested in food of any kind. All I really want to do is sleep right now. DGS told me today that this is going around that all his friends have been sick with it too. I just hope the 3 of us can get well at the same time and get out of our house.
Old 05-05-2016, 08:12 PM   #245  

Trish, I'm sorry to hear you and your family are sick. The only time I was sick enough to lose my appetite was when I had pneumonia. Too bad the lack of appetite didn't continue. LOL Hope you all feel better soon.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:41 AM   #246  
Slow and sure chick

Hi Trish,
Sorry to hear you are sick. I hate being sick.
Old 05-07-2016, 06:25 PM   #247  

Afternoon everyone
I really feel back on track these days and back to my ticker weight again...now to knock off a few more before Drs appt and I'll be good.
Happy Mother's Day whether you have children or fur babies or your a special auntie, etc..
Tomorrow I'm spending the day with my dds and grands.

Some nasty virus' going around...take care everyone...

Thanks for sharing Carol
Watercolor,,nice going!!
Trish yeah for ticker weight!!!
Old 05-08-2016, 08:13 AM   #248  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

have been busy gardening and walking. But the hungry feelings continue, I am hard to satisfy these days. Think I will have to go back to low carb for a bit, the carb cravings are too much.
PA, I expect the wildfire will continue until the whole city is gone, its a shame, but there is likely no stopping it.
Trish, hope you feel better soon, and can maintain the lower appetite.
DD is coming over later to cook for me. Yum, but I hope it won't be too much.
Old 05-08-2016, 10:28 AM   #249  

Happy Mother's Day everyone.

I'm feeling some what better. I'm trying to get all the medicine out of my system as I have been very dizzy yesterday morning and this morning. No way I could go any where and not able to do much the first few hours. I just read on line that long term use of Benadryl can cause this. I did take a lot of stuff to try to dry this up and I ate only 1000 calories day before yesterday and only ate around 700 calories yesterday. I just wasn't hungry and didn't feel like cooking. DH did cook soup for me yesterday and some fruit, but I didn't eat much and what I did eat were more empty calories. Probably should have put some peanut butter on the rice cakes I ate. I will work at doing better on the eating today but no appetite makes that difficult. I will just have to make myself do it. I've got to get my energy back so I can get this house ready to put on the market.

I do have a new low and I do want to keep it and hopefully keep the scale moving down. My weight was 221 this morning and my FBS was 130. The interesting thing about the FBS is that I forgot to take Metformin yesterday.

Y'all have a great Mother's Day and I'll catch y'all tomorrow.
Old 05-08-2016, 10:40 AM   #250  

Happy Mother's Day to everyone,,,enjoy your day today.

Trish could it be an inner ear infection or could be blocked That makes you dizzy and can come with a cold.
Old 05-08-2016, 12:19 PM   #251  

Happy Mother's Day to all!

Hope you're feeling better, Trish. The low calories is probably helping with the BS drop, even without the Metformin.

p.a. I have been following the news about the fire. I can't believe the devastation! They say it might be weeks before it's out. How I pray for those poor people. Hope there are been no deaths.
Old 05-09-2016, 12:14 PM   #252  

Mother's Day was a good day, but bad for my blood sugar. Oh well, today's another day.

This morning I was reading about weight loss and whole grains on Web MD. They said that people who eat whole grains, like oatmeal, control their weight better than those who don't. I remember that when I was first diagnosed in the hospital, they gave me a small serving of oatmeal every morning, and I continued that even after I came home, and I lost 20 lbs. But now I'm reluctant to do that because of the rise in blood sugar. They say it doesn't raise blood sugar, but they lie. LOL I also want to go back to drinking some milk, like I did in the hospital, but we're out right now. I have some instant low fat milk but I just use that for cooking, not drinking. It's funny, but I felt healthier when I was eating a small portion of oatmeal and drinking milk, but I listen to those who say to stay away from it. I think I should just do what I think is best and see what happens. It couldn't be any worse than what I'm doing now.

Hope all are doing well today.
Old 05-09-2016, 12:57 PM   #253  

Carol Sue I read that on WebMD too. In fact, they don't say eat loads of grains, but they do say that eating a serving of grains with each meal will help you feel satisfied longer. I keep reading you shouldn't eat this and your shouldn't eat that and it all depends on whose book/diet you read. I know I cannot eat a lot of fat and I really don't want to. I just get tired of the contradictions.

I've eaten pretty much what I wanted this past week while sick, but I did keep tracking on MFP. I only ate when I was hungry. MFP wasn't happy with me on the days I didn't eat enough, but I didn't want more. I have a new low this morning of 220.4 and my FBS was 134. So I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing.

I'm feeling a little better today, but not up to par yet. DGS says you get better a little better each day. This bug is something else.

Thanks everyone for the good vibes y'all have sent my way. I appreciate it.

Have a great week.
Old 05-09-2016, 04:39 PM   #254  

Afternoon everyone
I had a nice mothers day yesterday.. My house smells so good right now,,,it's a recipe for chicken that calls for cinnamon and cayenne. I cook it till it's really crispy.
Only have 5000 steps in today so I will be out walking later...its been very chilly here. Babying my flower pots due to frost all week.
Carol on a site I'm on lots of people eat oatmeal for breakfast,,, just test after you eat it to see how it affects your bg. I can't eat it.
Trish I agree about ' depending on who's book you read' sooo true.
Woke up yesterday morning a little lower then ticker weight,, but bounced up a titch this morning. It was good to see though.

Last edited by p.a.; 05-09-2016 at 04:40 PM.
Old 05-09-2016, 06:49 PM   #255  

p.a. For me, the trick is to just eat a very small portion of oatmeal. In the hospital and after I came home,
my breakfast consisted of 1 scrambled egg (I think it was egg beaters) 1 slice of wheat toast, small serving of oatmeal, 1 cup milk, fruit was 2 slices of pear. I think it was one package of instant oatmeal, which isn't the best. I think having the protein in the egg and milk kept it from spiking blood sugar. I don't have any more instant oatmeal but I might start trying it again with my cooked oatmeal, which is supposed to be better for you. I will test 2 hours after breakfast and see what happens. Of course, summer isn't the best time for oatmeal. LOL

Trish, try to look on the bright side....this is really helping with your weight loss and blood sugar. LOL Not a fun way to do it, though.
Closed Thread