Old 01-12-2017, 09:17 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Good morning all!

I had a fairly good day yesterday...eating healthy food and good portions, and actually attending a weight class at our local recreation center. I saw a couple of women I've known from my kids' school days so it's likely I'll go back in a couple of days. It's probably in the 50's here (unusual) but rainy and sort of windy so not good walking weather, which is my all-time fav activity. I'll really try to keep op today, eating mostly proteins, healthy veggies and fats. Does anyone know how to make cauliflower rice?

Hope everyone else is hanging in there!

Andi
WebWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 11:33 AM   #92  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Hello All!

I've been sorta "bleh" lately. I'm working doubles every weekend then off Monday thru Friday, unless I pick up. I thought it would be fantastic and that I'd have more time to walk, etc, but instead, I've become less interested in doing ANYTHING. SHEESH. At least my strenuous job kept me moving 5 days a week! Now I have two killer days followed by 5 days of absolutely nothing. Gotta change that. Starting today.

http://minimalistbaker.com/
This site has an easy/excellent cauliflower rice tutorial.

Have a great day!
LurchMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 11:48 AM   #93  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Weekend I go with my mum to motivate her, but at night the weight racks are full of young guns and I cant never get on any of the racks. So I go between 9-12 to hit the racks and do some weight training, then I go after dinner with my mum to do some treadmill, cycling, cross trainer, kettle bell. It help with the leg doms I think, just to kind of work them off a little. On my in between days, I do lots of house work and at night take the dog for a walk along the beach, which is just plain nuts in this weather just now.

Me Legs arent as bad today.... Hopefully I will be able to sit on the pan without pain by next week. Tomorrow I will be back at the gym, can start to feel certain areas on my thighs toning up which is very nice. I am also still using the palmers toning coco butter which just smells amazing!
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 01:26 PM   #94  
Fishing for a plan!

So, I said "starting today", but now it's windy and pouring rain! I'm going to see if I can find my jump rope, I tried it once with my fitbit, and it counts jumping as stepping!

Scotsgal: You are doing great! Good for you and your mom to spend time like that together! I worked my legs like that once and had to walk downstairs sideways and whimpering!

Andi: http://minimalistbaker.com/how-to-make-cauliflower-rice/

Lots of good ideas at that site!
Old 01-12-2017, 02:37 PM   #95  

Hi ladies Nice to see everybody's news. I just got back a bit ago and am feeling tired a bit but I am antsy at the same time!

Hope you all having a great day.

WebWoman congrats on a good day yesterday! and on going to the class! That's really nice that you ran into some childhood friends. I absolutely love walking too! It is mild here as well, high 50's! It looks like it may rain though and it feels damp, I think it is supposed to be mild tomorrow too. Oh, regarding the rice cauliflower, I never made it but looked into it a while back. I think you need a food processer and there are some instructions online. I had also read that Trader Joes has it already in bags but I am not sure, I would double check. I tried the smashed cauliflower (to resemble mashed potatoes). I didn't care for the aftertaste of the cauli. though or perhaps I put too much garlic in it. If you make the rice, let me know how you like it if you think of it and I will do the same. Hope your having a great day today too.

LurchMomma I hope you adjust to your new schedule soon. WTG on finding an alternative! Hope your having a good day and the activity helps to chase away "the blehs".

Scotsgal Ditto on what LurchMomma said, "you are doing great!"
It looks like you already found a system at the gym and times that work for you. It is so nice you take your mom! I thought of the beach today! I have beach pictures on my calendar and totally cannot wait to go for a walk when the weather gets nice. It's cold here for the beach too. I am glad your muscles are feeling better and nice on that coco butter! : )

As for me, ran around a bit at the appt. with my parents but I think I need to skip exercising today, I feel a little kink in my right ankle. It's not bad and I don't think it's anything much but enough that I am afraid of irritating it. You think maybe it's because I hopped on the treadmill a couple times yesterday? hahaha I seriously wish I could go for a walk, tired or not but eh...I will try to stay put if I can.

menuwise, all is well. I had some thin n'trim sliced chicken breast for lunch and now for midafternoon snack I will nibble on some grape tomatoes or celery sticks. Tonight for dinner, either grilled chicken breast or roast chicken with broccoli and maybe tomato salad.

Have a super night ladies! May we all get a good night's sleep and wake up to a good new day tomorrow.
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 10:04 AM   #96  

TGIF ladies, Happy Friday! Hope everyone has a great start to the weekend.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:28 AM   #97  
Fishing for a plan!

Good Morning Ladies!

The sun is shining and it is beautiful and brisk. I want to head out for a walk, but am a little cautious at the thought of lingering ice from the deluge visited upon us yesterday. It was 60 degrees in the afternoon and then fell in to upper 20's or lower 30's overnight. My weather app advises caution due to icy areas that remain invisible until it is too late and you find your self hurtling (in an oddly altered state of super-slo-mo) toward the unforgiving rigidity of the gray sidewalk. LOL. I'd hate to break a hip!

WeekendBoater: How's your ankle? You chicken sounds tasty! Kudos on your food prep! I'm going to get a meal or two together for work this weekend. I work 7a to 1130p Saturday and Sunday, and if I don't plan ahead, I end up eating from the vending machine, ordering Jimmy Johns or a pizza, or pitching in on a taco bell run.

Well, freezing rain in the forecast for overnight, of course. Just in time to make my commute dicey when I leave at 6a! I HATE ice. I'm fearless in 20 inches of snow, but terrified at 1/16 of an inch of ice.

Have a great weekend all!
Old 01-13-2017, 11:38 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Hi Everyone!

I didn't really exercise yesterday because I've had so many errands to run and work on my house, but I managed to lose another 1/2 pound today (yay, I'll take it!). DBF (Dear BoyFriend) is coming down tonight (he lives about an hour away ) and we will do some house projects and I'll make a good dinner of pork tenderloin, carrots, green beans, and new potatoes. If you haven't noticed, Men like Meat! haha

Since I live alone, it can be difficult getting support with diet, exercise and the like on a daily basis. Do any of you live alone? Then you know what I'm talking about!

ScotsGal, I'm glad your legs are feeling better...stick with whatever it is you're doing!

LM, thanks for the Cauliflower/rice recipe! Hope to get my fitbit back soon!

Hello and Hang In there to everyone else!

Andi
WebWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 12:30 PM   #99  

Lurchmomma My ankle is ok today! lo and behold! lol Thanks! I didn't do any exercise yesterday and put my feet up last night and rested, as bored as I was. The food prep has been my savoir countless times, really! Those are long hours and I can understand that happening without meal prep, wtg on planning your meals for the weekend

"My weather app advises caution due to icy areas that remain invisible until it is too late and you find your self hurtling (in an oddly altered state of super-slo-mo) toward the unforgiving rigidity of the gray sidewalk. LOL."

Although it is not a pleasant visual, I really enjoy your style of writing! lol
I HATE ice too! It's in the 40's today here and a cold snap is coming in later on. Please be careful if you venture out, I am petrified of falling on anything nowadays for fear of injuring my leg/s. It is very windy here and cold air despite the temps. I did the WII this morning (yes, I still have the good old WII! lol). I will see what happens later on.

Hopefully the town is aware that the cold snap is coming in, they have some notice so hopefully they sand and salt the roads for you.

WebWoman Congrats on the loss! The girls here at chicks are a great source of support! I read and post often and it is so tremendously helpful and nice to have each other here. It is also uplifting!
I am glad that you DBF is coming over tonight! I hope you guys have a great time. It sounds like you have a lovely dinner planned for him! LOL at "Men like meat" hahaha so true! Have fun tonight!

Hope everyone else is having a good day too , catch you all soon!
Old 01-13-2017, 02:46 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 347/223.8/147

Height: 5 ft 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Boater View Post
Tomorrow morning I wont be here. I just wanted to wish you the best day!

Let's keep going girls! It's not all about lbs. but we want to accomplish. Whether it be just being on a program or working toward it, moving forward, kicking old habits, and just keep on trying! Let's continue to work towards our goals. One day at a time!
Thank you so much for the motivation Weekend Boater, this is exactly what I needed to read right now! I've only been back on track for a few weeks now, but the scale just isn't moving like it used to. In the past, I could easily lose 2-3 lbs a week for the first month. The first week, I was successful, but I have only lost 1/2 lb since then. I appreciate your kind words of encouragement You are totally right! It's not just about the weight, it's about the big picture.

I hope you all have a great weekend
anm017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 04:45 PM   #101  
Determind Member

Hello

So apparently my legs seem to be getting used to having a workout. Yesterday I didn't have any leg doms from Wednesdays gym session which was fantastic .
I can feel a bit of a dull ache in my back today as I worked it pretty hard. I seem to also have great strength in my lateral pull downs, must of been from all those tree's I climbed when I was younger . So if anything, I will have a sexy looking back .

Legs are getting there, reluctant to measure them because I want a surprise at the end of the month. I think I need to add a movement or workout that's more inner thigh.

This months results are going to be great
Old 01-13-2017, 09:24 PM   #102  

anm I am so glad you posted! That is why we are here! To stick together through thick and thin. To be honest, it is the times I post I am not doing so well that helps me more than anything! We are here to help one another and I think we can all relate to those times that are not so perfect, we all have the struggles. I think it is fantastic that you are sticking with it! I congratulate you on not only the loss but for staying with it and moving forward! For keeping on truckin' keep up the awesome work! May we all remember that tomorrow is a new day! I always have to remind myself of the progress I have made! Eating healthier and this and that! It take time to change and make new habits, again congrats on moving forward!

Scotsgal I was lucky that I rested yesterday and was fine today, lol. I admire your spunk, you know that! Just be careful. I am doing lat pulldowns again (as I was in the past) and I already see my back lifting! It takes time to see the muscle but seeing that posture uplifted is the bomb! lol
slow and steady for me! I wish I had taken my measurements, I am certainly whittling in a few spots. Needless to say, I again admire your spunk and I know girl, that you will kill it! stay strong and keep up the good work but please be careful! Have a super weekend!
Old 01-14-2017, 12:50 PM   #103  

Happy new day! Woke up to the sun here, it is cold but sunny. I would rather have it sunny than grey and mild!

Ladies I just wanted to pop in and wish you all a great weekend!
Old 01-14-2017, 05:46 PM   #104  
Determind Member

Aww thanks Weekend I am getting a hand on what weights I can and can't do just now. Today I managed to hit 8 reps of 4 sets at 35kg on the lat pull down. I have a slight twinge in my shoulder tonight from it, I would say the last 4 reps caused it. I think what Ill do on Monday Is drop it to just 6x4 at 35kg. But it means that I can work on that, and I now know what my level is.

I have wrote a lot of it down this week, don't want to over do it and hurt myself, yet still get a great burn.

All in a days learning I suppose.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:36 AM   #105  

Good morning ladies, hope your having a great weekend.

It was really nice to get out yesterday. Brought back a sweater that was too itchy for me, I don't know what possessed me to get a sweater with wool in it! lol Got some cute ankle booties! Nice to be in shoes again. We went to Mexican and had a real nice time. I got chicken fajitas and didn't overdo it. I did have 4 chips with gauc and then 1 tortilla. I just love the atmosphere in that place! When I got home I hit the treadmill for a bit. Today I am going to have a rest day or so I feel right now.

Scotsgal You are doing great. A little birdie saw that you went to the gym on your off day too! WTG girl WIshing you a great day

and wishing you all a great day. Half way through the month now! I am going to need to go back to the market today or tomorrow and get some more ingredients, meal planning etc.

lurchmomma I know it's your weekend shift but thinking of you and hoping the driving situation went ok. We are due for some milder air here again this coming week so hope you get some warmer weather there too.

A big hello to all of you