Old 02-27-2012, 12:48 PM   #106  
300lbs in avatar

S/C/G: 339/287/225

Height: 5'9

SW: 264
CW: 262 (- 2lbs)
GW: 250

Last edited by CaliforniaDreamer; 03-12-2012 at 02:31 PM.
CaliforniaDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:18 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 153/153/120

Height: 5'3

Start 148
February 20 149
February 27 149

At least I haven't gained any. My thing for lent is to eat healthier. I did have a piece of cake Saturday night at my dad's birthday party. I had a small piece and scrapped off the icing. I prefer the cake part anyways. I was right back OP after that. Now that I am up to feeling 90% better I cannot wait to go to Zumba tonight! I always feel blah when I don't get to exercise. I go to Zumba twice this week and need to figure out what I will do for exercise the other days. I like to do Power Yoga and I need to do some strength training. I try to change it up every week so my body doesn't get used to it. My Zumba instructor changes our routines every so often for the same reason. So maybe being OP and exercising the scale might go down 1-2 lbs. Dh is still losing. I told him I don't want to know how much yesterday. Maybe later. Gotta keep moving forward!
redautumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:44 PM   #108  
Angie... that is me!

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by loose seal View Post
Sandy . . . sometimes everyone in the house is gone here by 7am and it's sooo lovely and quiet and I think 'oh, I'll just hop on the computer for 1/2 hour then go exercise' and 2 hours later .... yeah, you know how it is.

If I don't get the exercise in nearly first thing I find it so hard to get it in at all. It'll be so worth it if you can stick to getting it in before your day starts. Oh, and the scale has been sluggish for me as well lately but I've been plugging away and also totally getting the exercise in. I refuse to do more than 30 mins or so (in addition to that 30 I do walk my two dogs approx 1.5 miles for another 1/2 hr but it's not an 'exercise' type walk, it's usually more of a sniff than a walk! lol but it is moving) and I change it up every single day. I refuse to do the same routine or even the same type of exercise every day. Cardio one day, weights the next, yoga . . .whatever.

I also started a C25K about 5 weeks ago (it's on iTunes, free podcast, called 'NHS Couch to 5k'). I'm on week 4 and finally am feeling and seeing results. Scale may not be budging as much as I'd like but clothes are def looser. Sweet!

Keep plugging away but don't get stuck in a rut exercise or foodwise. Change it up, frequently, and you will start seeing results.
I'm REALLY thinking this is just what I needed to hear... as I've yet again seen no movement on the scale. Gonna re-vamp my eating habits and start moving more and see if that helps. A 2-week plateau? GAH! How long have your plateaus been, everyone? I'm really hoping to break this cycle next weigh-in. Cuz if I don't, there's no telling what may happen to my motivation! Hang in there all you wonderful determined peeps... we will meet our goals!
40lbsPLEASE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:18 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 173/169/125

Height: 5'5

Good to see everybody sticking too it even if the scale isn't moving as muc has we'd like (or moving in the wrong direction). I had no change this week, although I'm actually grateful for that as I was afraid I'd gained weight after a 5 day "holiday" at my parent's... with all the temptations of my mom's amazing baking. I didn't eat very well, but I did stick to my exercise plan, and that must have been what kept me on track. Thank you, Jillian Michaels!

SW: 172
CW: 170
GW: 162

Weigh-ins:
February 20: 170
February 27: 170
March 5:
March 12:
March 19:
March 26:
April 2:
April 8/Final:
roncygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:14 AM   #110  
IF for Life

S/C/G: 198/183/147

Height: 5'8"

Hi Everyone! I'm down 1 lb. Not great, but a move in the right direction, last week I was actually up a bit, so that is gone, and I'm headed back down again. I'm on vacation this week, and yesterday I had a great on plan day. I will be dong much more walking, etc, as it's sunny and beautiful and beach side. Lovin it.

I need to get more walking in. I used to walk almost everyday and now I'm down to a couple of times a week. It definitely affects the scale - and my mental well being.

Roncy and californiadreamer - great on the big losses!!!!!!

Sandy - I'm also finding that I don't get the results I used to. At one time I could do Adkins and drop a pound a day. Now, I'm just sticking to my plan. I feel great, and the weight will come off. I've come to grips with the fact that it may take me a year, when before I could have done it in several months. On the positive side, I'm doing something that I plan to stay with forever, so hopefully that's my long term "magic pill." Lord knows I've tried everything else!

Here's knowing we'll all be at least a little lighter by Easter- and that's a good thing.

Start: 185
Current: 184
Goal: 172
Italiannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:37 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 191/170.6/150

Height: 5'4"

Well, I'm 1.2 pounds down from last week but only .2 from my starting weight. I was really hoping for a big woosh, but obviously that didn't happen. My weight has been fluctuating like crazy. Saturday I weighed 183.4, Sunday 184.8, Monday 185.6 & today 184.2. I'm trying to weigh every day to see if my body has some type of cycle. And it does. A crazy one.

Oh well, here's my numbers.

Starting Weight: 184.4
Goal Weight: 175

Weigh ins, the week of:
February 20: 185.4 WTF??
February 27: 184.2
March 5:
March 12:
March 19:
March 26:
April 2:
April 8/Final:

Have a great day ladies.
kandd416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:44 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 191/170.6/150

Californiadreamer, congratulations on meeting your first goal! 30 pounds lost. Woohoo!

Angie, I so know what you're feeling. I've pretty much been stuck around 184 +/- a pound for 18 days now. And I've been on plan. I'm so blaming it on me adding some small weights to my work out & building muscle.

On the positive note I've lost 4.25 inches in the past two weeks. In all the right places. Teeheehee.

Again, have a great day.

Kim
kandd416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:31 AM   #113  

S/C/G: 180.4/158.8/145

After being upset and depressed yesterday about going up 1.2 pounds overnight with absolutely no cheats for 13 days, I weighed this morning and just laughed....down .3 from yesterday. I will not give up....I declare war against my body. (at least thats my mood today)

What are some of your exercise routines? I usually do the elliptical or walk for 40 minutes 5-6 days a week. I have been trying to add in leg & arm workouts on the weight bench, squats, lunges, and ab workouts. I feel like I am in a rut and my body needs a change.

Kandd: I know exactly what you mean about the scales being all over the place. I know I shouldn't weigh everyday, but I am always afraid that my weigh-in day will be one of my bodys bad days. lol So I weigh everyday to try and keep myself in check. Congrats on your loss!!

Everybody keep up the hard work!!! It isn't easy but we are all in this together!! Have a great day!!
tlbrwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:54 AM   #114  
Get to goal & stay there!

S/C/G: 235/154.8/150

Height: 5'5"

Exercise done for the day! That's two days in a row of getting up early and getting it out of the way. You know what, ladies? It really wasn't as bad as I thought getting up at 5:00 a.m. I actually loved that quiet time by myself before getting started and the feeling of accomplishment after I was done. I'm just about to hop in the shower now, but I wanted to touch base here since this thread moves pretty quickly.

Congratulations to all who've lost weight and are moving towards your goal. And, Kim, that is awsome that you lost all those inches! You must really feel a difference in the way your clothes fit.

tbrwn, you mentioned how you were drooling because you wanted a Margarita. Well, you'll be happy to know that Crystal Lite now makes a Margarita (non-alcoholic or course) mix that's only 5 calories a serving. You mix one packet in a pitcher with 8 cups of water. My husband loves it!

Looseseal, I so agree with you about mixing up the exercise and diet to keep the body guessing. Right now I'm really into the new Callanetics DVDs, but I may burn out on those in a couple months and want to move onto something else. I get bored easily, so this routine keeps things fresh.

40lbsPLEASE, you want to talk plateau?!? I just went back over my blog and realized that I am the same weight as I was on Thanksgiving!!! That is a 3-month stall, but it is my fault totally, not really a plateau, just me having too many binge days. But it really hit me that I've let 3 months go to waste. Not anymore!

Italiannie, I did a google search on why it is harder to lose weight as we get older doing the same diet that melted off weight when we were younger. What the results boiled down to was this: It's not just that as you get older your metabolism slows down, it's that we lose more muscle with each passing year. The more muscle we have, the more calories we burn...even at rest! So, unless you build muscle as you age, it will always be harder to lose the weight.

Duh! You'd think I would have already known this. But re-reading it again was like a wake-up call to not slack on the exercise. More and more I believe that; although cardio is important to strengthen our hearts and burn calories, building muscle through resistance training is what will keep our metabolism running on high gear as we enter our golden years.

So, killing ourselves by eating too few calories is not what is going to help us lose those pounds in the long run. It's building a nice, solid muscular (yet lean) body. Just a little food for thought.

Okay, shower time! Have a great day all.

Last edited by sandcar150; 02-28-2012 at 10:59 AM.
sandcar150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:28 PM   #115  
... and a piece of toast.

S/C/G: 170 >:(/152/135

Height: 5'2" <-- well, almost

I've had plateaus that have lasted several weeks and I was totally OP. I would get annoyed and eat way high cals (like 2,000 maybe more) for a day, cut back to around 1700 or so the next day then back OP and the scale would be down like 2 or 3 days later. I think your body goes "hmmmm, 1400 cals again. Ok I'm just gonna hang on to this here fat for awhile in case no more cals come in'. So I shake it up and bombard it with food so it goes 'aaaahhh, there we are, cals!, no food shortage. Ok, I'll let this extra fat go cause I don't really need it cause I know won't starve'. Aren't bodies just swell when it comes to adapting and being efficient?

Same for exercise. I find routines/dvds that I really, really like and do them too often and after a few weeks I notice that they're not nearly as effective as they had been. Now? I'm doing a Couch to 5K (I'm on week 4) so that's every other day, 3x/wk and the other 3 days (I refuse to exercise on Sundays) I do anything from a 20 min. or so workout (Slimdown and Xtreme Slimdown; Supreme 90 Day workout -- knock off of P90X but good stuff, kickboxing, Biggest Loser workouts, 40 min. full body workouts, Wii active workouts, yoga, pilates, stuff I find on youtube (check out BodyRocktv mostly I just watch that but it gives you good ideas cause you can always modify, etc) to a 40 min. workout but just completely and totally different workouts every day. Some days are a big longer than others but 40 min is the max I'll give to it. I'd rather do a 20 min workout that jumps my heart rate and works out just my lower body then do 40 min of 'slightly increased' walking or elliptical. If your body doesn't know what's coming then it has to adapt and it will burn the cals if the routine is just intense enough.

While I might be inclined to try and rush through the C25K because I know my legs/butt/hips are slimming down from that, I won't do it more than every other day because again, I'd end up getting too used to it and have to push harder and harder and harder to get the same results. Once I'm down to/at goal? If I love running maybe I'd go more often but for now at least, while trying to lose the weight, I'll hold off and just give it time cause it really is helping with the weight loss.
loose seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:35 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 173/169/125

Height: 5'5

tlbrwn, I can heartily recommend Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30. At first the bad techno and her over the top attitude really turned me off, but man it is a good workout packed into 30 minutes. I've even come to grow oddly fond of her. I've been at it for two weeks and this morning I noticed the tiniest amount of bicep definition... I was irrationally excited.

Kandd, congrats on the big loss of inches. That's great, and probably more telling than the scale.

Italiannie - you're staying OP on your beach vacation? Kudos to you! I never manage it, but I bet with that sunshine and staying OP, you'll come home extra rested and rejuvenated. Enjoy!

Loose seal - I keep hearing about C25K... I think you've convinced me to try it. Also, it took typing your handle to finally get the joke. Maybe I need a Lucille to keep nagging me about my weight and keep me on plan (more likely she'd just drive me to drink).

Sandcar, I know what you mean about making time for yourself in the morning. It's such a great feeling knowing you've got your whole day ahead of you and you've already worked out. (Though I haven't yet managed a 5am workout). Oh, and I gotta try those margaritas.

Last edited by roncygal; 02-28-2012 at 10:39 PM.
roncygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:44 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 325/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4.75"

Well, I'm checking in. I finally reached under 300 this week for the first time in I don't know how many years. I truly hope and pray that the number 3 will never again be at the beginning of my weight. Last night I noticed how much easier it is to get up and down off the floor than it used to be. I think that is the first really noticeable effect of my weight loss other than needing a belt. I have an agility trial coming up this weekend and hopefully I can stick to my plan because there is always a ton of food there, and not very much of it is healthy...

2/15/12 SW: 307.3
CW: 298.3
GW (for this challenge): 262.3

2/22/12: 304.2
2/29/12: 298.3
3/7/12:
3/14/12:
3/21/12:
3/28/12:
4/4/12:
Final 4/8/12:
Fiyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:00 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 233/201.8/150

Good Morning everyone, I was reading about what everyone is doing for exercise and I thought I would throw my 2 cents in. I walk 30 to 40 minutes everyday and on Feb 8th I started half hour sessions with a PT at fitness 19, who I see Mon, Wed, Fri. I asked him On Mon if I should be doing more and he told me that I should only do 30 minutes of cardio at a time because after 30 minutes, your body wil start using your muscle instead of your fat for energy. He said that you can do as many 30 minute sessions in a day just shouldnt go too much over 30 minutes at one time. So I decided to dig out my wii fit board (which has been in storage for a year & half) and i went out and bought the fit plus. Fit plus is way cooler than fit. I figure I can walk on the treadmill in the morning like I always do and burn a few calories in the evening playing around with the wii. I would also like to add that my PT is in the process of going to school for physical therapy so he is knowledgable about the body. And on a side note.... I hit my 20 pound mark
stlrsgrl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:22 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 153/153/120

Height: 5'3

For exercise I have Zumba classes on Monday and Thursday. The instructor has different routines for those nights so that works out well. She also changes the routines from time to time so our bodies won't get used to it. I try to do strength training on my Wii Fit a couple times a week and then yoga. I sometimes play with my dd's Dance Party 3. LOL I try to not do the same things everyday, every week (except for Zumba). Oh I do have Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred. It is O.K. I like more dancing stuff.

So far, so good this week. I have eaten OP and went to Zumba Monday, walked 1.4 miles yesterday (got interrupted or would have been more) and am going to try walking or strength training today. I have choir practice tonight so it will need to be a short workout.

Everybody seems to be doing so great! I love the support here. It keeps me motivated.

Last edited by redautumn; 02-29-2012 at 02:22 PM.
redautumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:57 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 180.4/158.8/145

Enjoyed seeing everyones different exercise routines, it helps to give me ideas for changing things up. Yesterday I did day 1 of C25K, and surprisingly it wasn't bad at all. So today I did level 1 day 1 of Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. That one nearly killed me till I got to the end, but I made it without stopping...had to improvise wall pushups for regular pushups, but at least I was still moving.
I didn't weigh this morning since tomorrow is my weigh in day so I wanted to be"surprised' in the a.m. lol But I did have a NSV this morning...the black slacks I have been wearing all winter are now too big to wear, so I got the pleasure of digging in the far recesses of my closet for the next size down. So even if the scales aren't kind I know that I am losing inches.
It sounds like everyone is working hard, keep up the great work ladies!!

Praying to see the 160's tomorrow...it's been since August since those numbers have been on the scale.
tlbrwn is offline   Reply With Quote