Old 02-23-2012, 01:28 AM   #91  
Country Girl Fresh

S/C/G: 325/313/195

Height: 5'4

I have to say that I have not been watching much tv lately.. I plan on catching up with the episodes of the BL maybe tomorrow if I get all my school work for this week done..

I am happy to say that I am back on plan and didn't really get to exercise today, but I did keep my calories low and got in a little work out in.. I hope to stay on plan with this challenge I want to loose 20-40 pounds by my birthday in June... I know I ain't posted much lately, I haven't even been on FB page munch and I was addicted to it lol.. I found some motivation to help get me out my funk now just have to find the energy. Thinking about getting back on my BC pill, but I don't remember how I did on them weight wise.

Well I guess I am going to go to bed now... Need to get up early instead of sleeping till noon lol
Countrybarbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:58 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 191/170.6/150

Height: 5'4"

http://everydaypaleo.com/2011/06/22/...ddicts-part-2/

If you get a chance, check out the link above. I'm going to try to remember this article when I start to get discouraged about not seeing the movement on the scale that I think I should.

It's amazing to see that here starting & ending weight is the same, but wow! what a difference. Of course, I'm not looking anywhere near that, but this shows me that I'm also probably building some muscle now that I've added some weights to my exercise schedule.

Keep moving ladies!
kandd416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:52 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 233/201.8/150

WOW, Kandd, that link is amazing, my pt at the gym told me to stay away from the scale for about a month but I am addicted to it. I also did my measurements as well, that way if I see no drop in weight, I have the measurements to turn to so I'm not completely relying on weight.
stlrsgrl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:06 AM   #94  
Get to goal & stay there!

S/C/G: 235/154.8/150

Height: 5'5"

ERRRRGGGG!!!! I snuck a peek on the scale today since tomorrow is the day I have to take pictures for my blog...194.8. That's only 0.4 less than when I started this "Turbo Atkins" on Monday. So much for "turbo" weight loss. So, even low carb AND calorie counting don't seem to work nearly as fast as it did in the past.

Oh well, I will just have to resign myself to the fact that I will be losing weight at a turtle's pace from here on out. I'll tell you one thing, though...I'm going to be one good looking turtle when I get another 44 pounds off. LOL

Last edited by sandcar150; 02-24-2012 at 11:45 AM.
sandcar150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:51 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 180.4/158.8/145

Height: 5'8"

Had my weekly weigh-in yesterday morning, but wasn't on the computer yesterday to report in. I am down 6.5lbs since last Thursday, but I am realistic in knowing that when I weighed last week I had had a horrible eating week and first day of TOM so lots of that was fluid as well. So I am really only 1 pound less than the week before that. But I have been plugging along this week drinking that dreaded water and getting my exercise everyday.
Congratulations to everyone that has had a happy experience stepping on the scale this week. And for those that did all those healthy things that you know you were supposed to and the scale didn't care to take notice of it...well hang in there cause next week will rock!!!
tlbrwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:13 PM   #96  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Thanks for starting this challenge ! I would love to join even though I am late. Never to late to start losing weight I hope ! LOL
SW-234
GW-224

Spring is a very motivating time of year for me ! I plan to get back on track with my exercising and eating healthy. I have been down with a cast on my right foot almost the entire month of Febuary from having a tear in my achilles tendon. Sure feels good to have both shoes on my feet again !
Dumplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:26 PM   #97  
300lbs in avatar

S/C/G: 339/287/225

Height: 5'9

ugh this week was crazy. I was fluctuating like crazy, I would get on the scale and it would say 280, then 260. Good thing I had a doctors appointment, my actual weight was 264 (on Wednesday). I weigh 263 today. I changed up my workout and diet so now my scale is at the same number as my doctor's. Well hopefully I can meet my goal on time.

SW: 264
CW: 263
GW: 250

1 lb lost, 13 lbs to go.

Last edited by CaliforniaDreamer; 03-12-2012 at 02:31 PM.
CaliforniaDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:57 PM   #98  
Country Girl Fresh

S/C/G: 325/313/195

Well I have walked alot today and yesterday. My feet are killing me lol.... I have also be dancing for exercise.. I have also been not eating much.. I am trying to cut my food in half. I drink water and eat when I am really hungry and not just bored hungry.. It working so far these past two days and I ain't binged yet... I am going to try my form of a "starvation diet." I hope it works.. I mean by starvation is like I only am eating 3 small meals a day at the most. I am trying to teach myself that I don't have to always have food in my mouth...

Keep it up chics...

Sandy- I know it sucks when you don't see the progress you want as fast as you want, but like you said you will look great even if does take awhile for your body to respond to all your hard work and efforts... Hope everything will go better for you this week...
Countrybarbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:32 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 187/187/135

The weekend couldn't come sooner - Bleh! What chaos this week wrought.
And forget rounding to the nearest half pound - I've decided to go for the "decimal point" reporting; need all the motivation possible!

Sandy, we are in such a parallel universe ha ha ha ha. Low-carb is no longer my magic bullet either. Weekly weigh-in this morning indicated a measley .7 loss. But hey, I'll play At least the scale is going in the OTHER direction.

Like so many of us experience from time to time, work and home life has become increasingly overwhelming with demands and challenges. Keep reminding myself I don't have to fix everyone else's problems, or worse, bury my empathy (and frustrations) in a bout of overeating. One daily routine that offers balance is morning meditation. Like exercise, the days I don't make room for that quiet space are just more confusing overall.

Kandd, all the best with your daughter's knee surgery and true that on the article - thanks for the link. Though I allow it to still taunt me, I learned years ago the scale is not my friend. When my body was fit and toned, no one (including yours truly) could believe my numerical weight. There is NOTHING like the feeling of fitness and wellbeing.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Jean
Ready2BThinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:43 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 365/T/245

Height: 5'9"

Hi Friends.........Tomorrow is weigh in day and I am a little worried. I need to get a new routine going. Since I have returned to work there has been 4 lunch celebrations. I am told this is not the norm but I know it has cut into my progress. I also have not made it to the gym 1 x in 2 weeks!!! On the up side the lunches and snacks I have taken have been healthy and under 400 calories.

Happy to see you all still "hopping" along here (I know, bad pun). I always feel like I am catching up with old friends when I check in here!
vicki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:41 PM   #101  
Get to goal & stay there!

S/C/G: 235/154.8/150

Height: 5'5"

Vicki, I feel the same way about this thread. It's nice to see familiar faces and make new friends along the way with each challenge. Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow. And I happen to like those quirky little holiday puns. Keep 'em coming!

Jean and Country, thanks for the support. I just need to change my mindset that there is no magic pill/diet out there that is going to take 5 pounds off in a week for me (at least at this stage in my life). I, too, will take what I can get.

I was down another 0.2 yesterday. Maybe I should put a snail instead of a rabbit on my tickers. lol

I've decided to shock my metabolism a bit, as well as help me out with my exercise and chore routine, by getting up an extra 30 minutes early (5:00 a.m.) to get my workout out of the way before I take my daughter to school. That way, as soon as I return, I just jump in the shower and start up on the ol' chores. I find myself just lolly-gagging around if I don't get my exercise in early; one excuse after the other, you know? And I'll also work out on Tuesday and Thursday to keep up this early-morning routine.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!
sandcar150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:02 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 180.4/158.8/145

Height: 5'8"

Well another weekend behind me and dreading the work week to come. Went out to dinner this evening and was proud to go to Olive Garden and only eat grilled chicken, steamed brocolli & asparagus, salad and drank water. Man oh man did I want a breadstick and a mucho big margarita!!! My husband said he looked over at me at one point and I reminded him of our labrador with the streams of drool coming out of her mouth while I was staring at the bread basket. lol
My friends threw me for a loop though this evening when they told me that we will have to change the date of the cruise we were planning for June and move it up to the middle of May if it works with all our schedules at work. Panic set in that I lose a whole month of weight loss. I will never make it to my goal before we leave now. So I guess all I can do is to work as hard as I can and get as much off as I can. I am so dang tired of my weight taking the enjoyment out of everything I go to do!!!

Sandy: I so wish I could get up that early to exercise, but I just can't roll myself out of bed at that time of morning and amount to anything. Congrats to you for being able to do that. It's a great feeling to know that you have that workout out of the way for the day.

Will check in later this week....keep moving and drinking that water
tlbrwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:03 PM   #103  
... and a piece of toast.

S/C/G: 170 >:(/152/135

Height: 5'2" <-- well, almost

Sandy . . . sometimes everyone in the house is gone here by 7am and it's sooo lovely and quiet and I think 'oh, I'll just hop on the computer for 1/2 hour then go exercise' and 2 hours later .... yeah, you know how it is.

If I don't get the exercise in nearly first thing I find it so hard to get it in at all. It'll be so worth it if you can stick to getting it in before your day starts. Oh, and the scale has been sluggish for me as well lately but I've been plugging away and also totally getting the exercise in. I refuse to do more than 30 mins or so (in addition to that 30 I do walk my two dogs approx 1.5 miles for another 1/2 hr but it's not an 'exercise' type walk, it's usually more of a sniff than a walk! lol but it is moving) and I change it up every single day. I refuse to do the same routine or even the same type of exercise every day. Cardio one day, weights the next, yoga . . .whatever.

I also started a C25K about 5 weeks ago (it's on iTunes, free podcast, called 'NHS Couch to 5k'). I'm on week 4 and finally am feeling and seeing results. Scale may not be budging as much as I'd like but clothes are def looser. Sweet!

Keep plugging away but don't get stuck in a rut exercise or foodwise. Change it up, frequently, and you will start seeing results.

Last edited by loose seal; 02-27-2012 at 09:12 AM.
loose seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:11 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 325/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4.75"

Well, I posted this yesterday, thought my pc had posted it twice so deleted one. Well it looks like I was mistaken, because now there are none /o:

I just found this forum yesterday, and joined right away. I thought that I might as well jump in with both feet. I have been working on loosing weight (once again) since the beginning of the year and the following numbers are from my records. Hope nobody minds me jumping in late...

2/15/12 SW: 307.3
CW: 300.0
GW (for this challenge): 262.3

2/22/12: 304.2
2/29/12:
3/7/12:
3/14/12:
3/21/12:
3/28/12:
4/4/12:
Final 4/8/12:
Fiyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:16 AM   #105  
... and a piece of toast.

S/C/G: 170 >:(/152/135

Height: 5'2" <-- well, almost

3 days left of this monthly challenge. Let's just push through, stay totally OP for the next 3 days, just do the exercise and see if we can't get yet another pound or two closer to goal . . . or maybe even reach it. Come on you guys, 3 days . . . we can do this!
loose seal is offline   Reply With Quote