Yesterday 189.6
Today 189.8 +.2
Valentine Goal 179
Italiannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:29 AM   #227  

S/C/G: 365/T/245

Height: 5'9"

Default I'm ready to rock & roll!

I am posting this here and in the Life Boat thread under 300+ forum.....just mentioning this for people who are on both boards that you don't waste time reading both...........

Hello! I have been absent for the past week of so. Wanted to share with you all where I am at.

At the end of November I had seen my Doctor - I mentioned to him that I was having some chest discomfort. After a discussion he let me know he wanted me to see a Cardiologist. I was terrified. Being over 300 lbs. there is always that thought in the back of my mind about what is this weight doing to my heart. I posted on 3FC that night as I couldn't sleep and received some wonderful support .

My Cardiologist appointment was yesterday. He said I have a bundle branch block (sounds worse than it is) - basically it is to do with the electrical system of my heart. He said that this could have been there since birth or it could be a result of my high blood pressure. He assured me that I should not get upset about this and that there was no need for me to make any changes to activity, etc. He encouraged me to continue on my weight loss / increased activity journey. They did a heart ultrasound and an ECG and he said he saw no cardio issues. He wants me to come back for a stress test as a precaution.

Further discussion about my chest pain - he did not see anything that would lead him to see it as a cardio issue. He questioned my exercise routine, particularly the weight training. He explored my symptoms with me and believes that I have tears in my muscle tissue caused by overdoing it with the weights. He said it is not uncommon to do damage when having been inactive for so many years. He wants me to stick to cardio and give the muscle time to heal.

So all this brings me to why I have not been all the boards - I was so scared in the week leading up to my app't that I couldn't really focus on anything else and I was scared to exercise. The good news is I didn't gain weight - I maintained at my post-Christmas weight.

So time to get back on track! I need to adjust my Valentine's Day goal. There is 4 1/2 weeks left so I am aiming for a 10 lb loss by then.

Sorry for the long post
vicki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:27 PM   #228  
Country Girl Fresh

S/C/G: 325/313/195

Height: 5'4

vivk1- I am glad to hear the good news. I am so glad that your able to continue your weight lost. So glad to see you back. Sucks about the tears in your muscle. Hope they heal soon.

Welcome to everyone new. This is an awesome forum and some great lady's to keep each other motivation and lost of wonderful support.

Great job everyone on loosing..

Well I am frustrated. This week I am surprised I lost anything. I have been so stressed and over eating with little to no exercise. I just knew that I had gained. This spring semester is giving me a headache and stressing me. Every time I turn around something has gone wrong GRRRR. Oh well time to get back on track. I am so mad at my self for getting off track and not exercising like I am suppose to. This loosing weight thing is hard, but I always try to remind my self oh the good ol saying. They never said it be easy, they just promised it would be worth it. So I just have to keep reminding my self that this is a journey and I will make mistakes and fail from time to time, but I have to keep going because it will be worth it in the end.

To top it off I have been having headaches and feeling light headed. I been feeling this for maybe a month or two. Off and on. I aint sure what it is. I usually have normal BP, but could be that I am having low BP. I just wish it would stop because I really don't want to have go to the DR.

Baseline: 1/5 --265
Week 1 : 1/12 --263
Countrybarbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:11 AM   #229  
Get to goal & stay there!

S/C/G: 235/154.8/150

Height: 5'5"

Vicki, I'm so glad that your doctor said that this wasn't serious and not to get worked up, but I also hope your heart heals completely. Please take care not to lift too heavy. Glad to see you back here, too.

I am so exhausted! I've been cleaning my house, as many of you know, before going online. But today I did Spring cleaning sort of cleaning. I don't even know where I got that energy from because when I first woke up, all I wanted to do was go back to sleep for another 3 hours. But I drank a cup of green tea, made myself a Crystal Lite Energy drink (caffeine equivalent of one cup of coffee) and after driving my daugher to school, blasted the radio and sang my heart out all the way home. For some reason, that boosted my energy like crazy, and I started adding more chores to my to-do list. I was like the Energizer bunny.

The only problem with that was that I didn't get my exercise in. Yes, I burned tons of calories all day because I didn't sit down for more than a minute, but I miss doing my scheduled exercise. I have to make sure I do it tomorrow for sure.

So, it's only 9:00 p.m., and I'm ready to hit the hay already. I miss getting on this board more often, but on the bright side, my house has never been cleaner. Yay!
sandcar150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:10 AM   #230  
IF for Life

S/C/G: 198/183/147

Height: 5'8"

Hi Everyone!

Yesterday: 189.8
Today: 189.8
Valentine Goal: 179

I need to work really hard this weekend to get to 187 by Tuesday - my official weekly weigh-in day - if I'm going to make my Valentine goal. Averaging about 2lbs a week.

Sandy - Congrats on cleaning your house. I need to get that done, too. It feels so good when it's done. I always purge tons of stuff when I do a real "deep clean"

Countrybarbie - Hang in there! We're all in it together.

Vicki1 - So glad you're here. We're all working on getting healthier every day. Sorry about your scare, but it's great that your using it to move yourself forward.

Stay On Plan everyone! I real all of your posts, and find them very inspiring.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:10 AM   #231  
Fit by Forty!

S/C/G: 220/209/150

Height: 5'5"

Woohoo! After a minimal loss last week, got a nice 2.6 loss this week. Perseverance....keep on keeping on....

Challenge stats:
SW: 214
CW: 211
GW: 204
LisaLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:17 AM   #232  
Angie... that is me!

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

Sandy... I am so envious of your energy to clean your house and get everything in order! Right now all I have energy for is this diet, maybe a walk on the treadmill, and keeping up with my very active 3yo! I'll find a happy medium one of these days =)

countrybarbie... I hope you find relief from your headaches soon. I had cluster headaches at one time, and I honestly thought I was gonna die because every minute of every day for about 2 weeks I thought my head would literally EXPLODE! I'm not sure if your having that kind of pain, but feel better soon anyways!

vicki... welcome back on the track! Sorry about your scare, but glad you can now move forward!

Hang in there everyone! Looks like we're all doing a wonderful job of staying on plan =) Watch out Valentines Day! It may never be the same after we're thru with it!

Now for my check-in:
SW: 186
CW: 177.8

YAY! Apparently my body was SCREAMIN for this weight-loss. I've always felt like I lose weight slowly, but this time it seems to be dropping pretty quickly. I'm doin WW (the old points plan, not the new PointsPlus), and I've stayed completely OP with some walks on the treadmill.

Last edited by 40lbsPLEASE; 01-13-2012 at 09:18 AM.
40lbsPLEASE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:12 AM   #233  

S/C/G: 195/190/160

Yeah! Snow day today (I work in an elementary school in Upstate NY). Got a lot of cleaning done and now I'm onto my workout. Now I know why it was so easy to stay slim when I stayed at home for 8 years with my kids...I had time to workout! I used to workout 45-90 minutes 6 days a week. Now I'm lucky if I have enough energy to workout 20 mins 3 days a week.
bethann1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:21 AM   #234  
Country Girl Fresh

S/C/G: 325/313/195

Height: 5'4

Glad to see everyone doing good and are well. Today I am happy and feeling good and feel like I want to get up and do some cleaning, but I am suppose to be resting some.

Way to go everyone on staying OP and loosing that weight.

I am country Strong. It may be hard right now, but it will all be worth the "battle" scars. So lets keep on keeping on lady's!

Well update:

My glucose this morning was like 95 when I checked it. My bf is a diabetic so I was able to check it with his.

I went to the ER since my mama was wanting me to go. Well my BP was at first 240/98 then that waited a few minutes and checked it again and it was like 168/98. They said the headaches and light headedness was from stress and my BP being elevated.
They gave me a shot in my hip and something to help with dizzyness. They sent me home with some meds that suppose help with pain and lower my BP.... So I am just going to rest.

Also my CBC was abnormal.
everything else was normal.

Ok so I feel like all I do is complain . Sandy give me some your energy lol... Going to try to stay OP today and get some work out done. My bf is off today so don't know what got planned but hope I can get some walking in. He has been very helpful and letting me rest.

Beth- give me some of that snow lol.. I wanted a white christmas and new year's eve/day like we did 2010/2011, but didn't get that this year Very top north GA got some snow but rest of us didnt Our walmart sells snowboogies and ppl where buying them last night and we have no snow lol

Last edited by Countrybarbie24; 01-13-2012 at 10:23 AM.
Countrybarbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:06 PM   #235  

S/C/G: 195/190/160

Speaking of Doctors and snow, my two eldest children had ski club Wednesday night and my daughter had an accident. Hurt her knee pretty badly. Xrays negative but we have an MRI scheduled Monday. Dr said it might be torn MCL which is pretty bad.
bethann1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:36 PM   #236  

S/C/G: 250/240/160

Height: 5 foot 8

So last weigh in was 218.2....stepped on the scale this morning and its 219. i know 0.8 lbs could just be a fluxuation but the first week back at school has been hard. i need to get back in the rhythem of going to the gym. i have barely been eating anything because ive been waiting to get my paycheck. so today is my first day at the school gym this quarter...and i will be buying all my healthy low calorie groceries!
ClaireBear92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:11 PM   #237  
This time, it's forever..

S/C/G: 187/154/120

Height: 5'6

Weighed in at 138 WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
melodymist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:54 PM   #238  

S/C/G: 335/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7 -171ish cm

263.4 today, getting there lol my next mini goal is 258 cause then my bmi wont be in the 40s anymore. tho my goal for end of jan is 259, once valentines hits if ive made my 255 goal, ill have to make a bunch of other mini goals, i feel they help encourage you cause like instead of saying 20 more lbs before such and such its oh 7 more lbs ! seems much more doable in small pieces
CherryQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:33 PM   #239  
Vanquisher of fat

S/C/G: 203/169.5/140

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hi, everyone!
I know I'm late in the game, but I am so in for this challenge. Seeing the progress that you ladies have made so far is inspiring, and I want to be a part of this party!
SW: 165.5
CW: 165.5
GW: Less than 160
I know my goal is a little low, but I'm having a series of surgeries done on my feet over the next several weeks and exercise is going to be tricky.
Rumple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:52 AM   #240  
IF for Life

S/C/G: 198/183/147

No change. UGGGGGG! I'm always two steps forward, one step back.

Yesterday: 189.8
Today: 189.8
Valentine Goal: 179

Welcome Rumble!
Melodymist - Congrats on that weight!
Clarebear - Hang in there, you'll be fine.
Countrybarbie - Glad you went to get checked out.
40lbs - Way to Go!!!!
Sandy -You inspired me to do some serious cleaning. It's never that bad once I start.

Have a great day everyone! You are my inspiration!