Old 01-30-2012, 10:55 AM   #346  
Sweat Sweat Sweat!

S/C/G: 190/ticker/130

Height: 5'7

Way to go gals! I love how these challenges really give everyone the momentum they need.

I hope you all stay on plan and have a great monday!
TheLindsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:16 AM   #347  
Fit by Forty!

S/C/G: 220/209/150

Height: 5'5"

Well, it appears my crazy weight loss wasn't a fluke. I'm down another .4 pounds over the weekend and officially UNDER my first mini goal. I still have the memory of standing on the scale at the doctor's office so many years ago at my very first prenatal appointment. The number 206 has been ringing through my ears all this time. That "baby" turns 12 in a couple weeks and it feels SO good to put that number behind me.
LisaLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:55 PM   #348  
Angie... that is me!

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

Hello my fellow friends in weightloss! Hope everyone had a great weekend... mine went by quickly but the weather was gorgeous and I stayed OP so that's always a plus!

Vicki- Great job hon, you're on FIRE!!

Lisa- AMAZINGLY close to goal! Hooray for no weightloss flukes!

Fifty- YAY! Congrats to you... I bet that's HUGE motivation to continue in the right direction =)

loose seal- look at you go! 2lbs?!?! U GOT THISSSS!!!!

Italiannie- Hang in there... holding is better than gaining, right?!?! =)

shanhat- your exercise activities are something to be proud of! and yay for being asked to be MOH in BFF's wedding!

seaurchin- you are very close to goal! can you SMELL IT?!?!?! Great work!

Lindsy- AWESOME 3lb weightloss! Keep up the great work!

Sorry if I missed anyone... everyones doin so great, and with all this good news I just wanna hug ya all!

Keep it up, ladies!!!!
40lbsPLEASE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:40 PM   #349  

S/C/G: 335/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7 -171ish cm

been a long time since i checked in. 259.2 today. 4.2lbs to go for my vday goal. don't know if ill make it but ill at least get close. i wont be upset if im 256 or 255.5 you know?
CherryQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:51 AM   #350  
IF for Life

S/C/G: 198/183/147

Height: 5'8"

Hi Everyone!

Everyone here is doing so well!!!!

I'm stalling out UGGGGH!

My weight still isn't budging. I really need to lay off the carbs a bit more. Although I don't eliminate any food groups, I do feel that carbs make me retain the lbs..... well, I know what I need to do.

Off to my morning walk!
Have a great day, everyone!
Italiannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:09 AM   #351  

S/C/G: 365/T/245

Default Reached Challenge Goal!

Party at my place - lots of carrots and celery for all. My goal was to lose 10 lbs and as of this AM I have lost 10.2 lbs This puts me at 318 -I don't think I have been in the "teens" for at least 7 years - excuse me while I happy dance.

I would not be here if it wasn't for all my friends here - thanks all. We are all amazing and can do this!
vicki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:45 AM   #352  

S/C/G: 195/186/145

Height: 5'8

hey everyone! i know it's late but i'm starting the challenge today, with 2 weeks to go until V-Day! congrats on everyone who has met/or will be meeting their goal by the day!

today's weight: 188
goal weight by v-day: 182

Hope everyone has a great day and I will update later! <3
angiewinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:50 AM   #353  

S/C/G: 365/T/245

Welcome Angie! Never too late to join.
vicki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:58 AM   #354  
Get to goal &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp; stay there!

S/C/G: 235/154.8/150

Height: 5'5"

I am so, so proud of everyone for doing so well. And, Vickie, woo hoo for passing your Valentine's Day goal weight. You rock!!!

Warning: Major vent ahead!!!

I am breaking my "no computer until my housework and exercise rule" this morning because I am totally bummed and need to vent about it.

This past couple of weeks has been a mess. Not that I haven't stayed on my calorie counting diet (I have), but the scale is not budging one ounce. It is so disappointing to know my calories are below 1400 and the weight is not coming off. Have a screwed up my metabolism that badly over the years of yo-yo dieting that I now can't lose weight? Is that even possible? This morning I weighed in at 191.2! That is 1.8 pounds MORE than when I started this challenge. Yes, I realize that Christmas, New Years and the 2 birthday parties I splurged on did not help matters. But, aside from those few days, I've been pretty darn good. You'd think I would at least be 2-3 pounds under my start weight.

To top it off, my husband was given more responsibilities at work (without a pay increase), which means he works 12-14 hours each day, including Saturday and sometimes Sunday. I feel like I don't even see him any more. He leaves at 4:30 a.m. while I'm still asleep, comes home between 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., eats and goes right to bed. Don't get me wrong, I am so grateful that he has a job when others are struggling to find one, but his company is totally taking advantage of him by asking him to do the job of two people and only paying him for one. They also recently cancelled our health insurance! I love my husband, but he is not the type of person that would speak up to his boss about this. That is frustrating to me.

Oh, and yesterday I did my taxes on Turbo Tax like always, and for the first time in my life I have to pay the government, not get a refund. My kids don't qualify for any child tax credits, no more making-work-pay credit, etc... I was so upset when I saw that yesterday. I don't owe much. After getting our State Tax refund of $500, we'll only owe $215 to federal, but I was so counting on a nice refund to pay off some bills.

Sorry to go all Eeyore on here. I know things will pick up again. But that saying "When it rains, it pours!" is really holding true for me this month. I was really hoping that 2012 would be a great year, but so far it's gone downhill.

Okay, vent over! Back to your regularly scheduled positive talking.

Love you guys mucho! ♥

Last edited by sandcar150; 02-01-2012 at 02:03 AM.
sandcar150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:23 PM   #355  
Angie... that is me!

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/145

Great job Vicki and Charlaine!

Italiannie- at least you know what needs to be done. That's a great step forward in the weightloss world! You can do this =)

WELCOME Angie! Glad to have you P.S. Nice name! Mine's Angela but I go by Angie!

Sandy- I'm sorry you're hitting a rough patch... those can be so hard to deal with and I empathize with you. I think it's great that you're still staying in control of your calorie intake, you'll get through this! Keep doing what you know is right...

Well I normally only weigh in 1 day/wk but I stepped on the scale this a.m. and was down to 175! I'm not changing my ticker yet, though. Not until my 'official' weigh-in on Friday. I'm hoping it'll stick, or maybe even be a little less!

Keep on truckin you beautiful people!
40lbsPLEASE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:04 PM   #356  
Sweat Sweat Sweat!

Man Sandy, man. I'm sorry to hear about your ruff patch. I'm sending my good vibes to you!!
Tomorrow will be better. Keep your chin up buttercup.

As for me, I can't seem to stop bingeing at night. It's eat eat eat. Hmpf. I hate it. It's like I'm never full. Endless black pit of a stomach I have.

Time to shower and get to bed. Work tomorrow Booo

Last edited by TheLindsy; 01-31-2012 at 11:04 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:38 PM   #357  
Sweat Sweat Sweat!

I can't seem to get it right. I keep bingeing every night. I need somone to put a lock on my fridge door.

I put up pictures of Victoria Secret swimsuit models on my fridge and pantry, but that doesn't stop me the way I thought It would. I just close my eyes and when I open it, Ah food

Bad Lindsy, bad bad bad.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:44 PM   #358  
... and a piece of toast.

S/C/G: 170 >:(/152/135

Height: 5'2" <-- well, almost

Sandy -- so sorry things aren't going your way. It's sooo frustrating when you're doing the right things and the scale refuses to cooperate. Have you tried zig-zagging your cals during the week, rather than consistently eating below 1400 cals/day? It seems to help keep your body 'guessing', rather than your body saying 'oh yeah, this many cals, I'm good at keeping things even at this pace'. Here's a calorie counter link that also gives you a zig-zag option. Maybe you need an exercise boost to shake things up? Hopefully things will get moving in the right direction soon!
http://www.freedieting.com/tools/cal...alculator.htm#

--------

I'm still OP towards my Walking Dead goal. I have to buckle down to reach it though and tomorrow is a birthday and homemade spaghetti (I need to stay away from pasta and rice, too much of that the past week, it makes the scale not budge) and homemade chocolate cake have been requested by the birthday girl.

Today was a run-around day (food shopping and too many stores to go to) and tomorrow is another one (range shopping, dog needs her nails clipped). Just walked in the door a wee bit ago STARVING hungry . . . too long since b-fast and the wrong b-fast eaten. Managed to eat a LC rice and beans (again with the rice! ) and threw some leftover chicken in. Am waiting for it to take hold . . . blech, I hate days like this.

Am planning on eating a much more substantial b-fast tomorrow and bringing a balance bar and some cheese w/me to stave off the hungries. Loading up the meatsauce with veggies and . . . damn it! chocolate cake!!! Sometimes I wish I was a lousy cook.
loose seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:52 AM   #359  
IF for Life

S/C/G: 198/183/147

Height: 5'8"

Sandy - You know from experience, things will turn around. It's great that we can post here and know that others understand our struggles. Sorry about the hubby's schedule. Hopefully it won't be a permanent thing.

Looseseal - Sounds like you have a plan to get through the birthday. Good luck!

Lindsy - The best way I have to avoid binges is not to have the first bite - so easy to say, so hard to do. You can do it, though.

40LBs - Congrats on 175. I'm looking forward to seeing it posted.

Angie - Welcome!

I feel great today. I've had a couple of wonderful days on plan, after a setback over last weekend. I've eliminated refined carbs for a little while, and boy, not only is the scale beginning to move a bit, but I feel sooo good.

I'm not into eliminating food groups, and giving up pastas and breads is tricky for me, but it's temporary and I do get plenty of carbs from my fruits and vegis. Yummy.

Have a great day on plan everyone!
Italiannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:19 AM   #360  

S/C/G: 191/170.6/150

Height: 5'4"

Weighed in Tuesday morning but haven't been able to get online much results are:

1/9 190.8 (started challenge late)
1/16 189
1/24 187.6
1/31 185.6

Goal weight 180
% of the weight to goal is 48%

Woohoo! I lost 2 lbs. this week, but don't think I'm going to be able to make it to my goal in time. But I'm going to keep trying!

Lindsy, when you get your binge cravings are you watching tv? Try changing up your routine, like instead of watching tv on the couch watch in bed, or do some reading instead. I used to snack as I watched tv in the evening & I think it really became more of a habit than wanting something to eat.

Loose, Chocolate cake? My favorite! Stay strong.

Angie (40 lbs) hoping for good news on Friday! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Sandy, hugs! Just don't give up. That needle has to budge sooner or later! Are you tracking your food or just estimating your calories?

Everyone I missed keep up the good work.

Kim
kandd416 is offline   Reply With Quote