Old 01-04-2012, 07:04 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 365/T/245

Height: 5'9"

Saw a drop on the scale this AM - I have 3.6 lbs to be back to pre-Christmas weight - it is so close !

We all seemed to have weathered the storm known as Christmas and New Year's! We can do this!
vicki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:38 AM   #152  
Country Girl Fresh

S/C/G: 325/313/195

Height: 5'4

Wow I stepped on the scale this morning and it makes me feel like I want to give up that I am never going to loose all this weight... I know that I can't go on this feeling cause if I do then I will keep gaining and I really want to be under 200 pounds one day this year... It hard day for me today I just have to keep reminding my self that it will happen just takes time..

Time to find some new motivation. Iam sooo sore from walking 3-4 miles yesterday lawd help me..
Countrybarbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:45 AM   #153  
Fit by Forty!

S/C/G: 220/209/150

Height: 5'5"

My scale isn't cooperating the way I'd like, but I'll work past it. I was excited to get my new .2 scale so I can watch the pounds go down in smaller increments. Unfortunately, I'm only seeing them go UP in small increments. Frustrating, but it's ok. I can see where I need to still make a few changes and it'll move in the right direction. I know it will!
LisaLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:11 PM   #154  
Crazygurl61

S/C/G: 165/154.7/115

Height: 5'2

I'm at 148 today, almost back to the pre-period weight of 146.8...come on 130s!
crazygurl61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:51 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 195/190/160

Height: 5'8"

Home sick from work today with a migraine, so I didn't get a cahnce to weigh in. Have done much better last couple of days until migraine hit, then I eat whatever I can find without moving much, which is usually crackers and diet sprite. And there's no way to work out. Guess I'll see how that's effected my weight tomorrow morning...
bethann1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:57 PM   #156  
IF for Life

S/C/G: 198/183/147

Hi Everyone, Let's keep going! While I weigh myself each day (and sometimes I question the wisdom of that), I am mostly focused on how I feel, the health benefits, and how good I will feel this coming summer. Looking a long way out and focusing on those Non Scale Victories are the only thing that keep me going when the scale ticks up, or doesn't move. Any healthy day is a step forward - the fact that it is noteworthy is soooo pitiful!

Sandy - I sell real estate. I opened my own firm a couple of years ago, so I work out of my home. Best of all worlds. I also handle the books for my husband's carpentry business. I did manage to get in the shower and fully clothed before I started anything online today.

Countrybarbie - Remember, it's not a race, it's a marathon, and there will be bumps and mountains. Focus on building the healthy habits and the rest will come along. This is such a difficult thing to do in our fast paced, scale based society, but it is what will keep you going in the long run. You can do it! We believe in you!

LisaLou - It will definitely start moving in the right direction, and take heart, at least it isn't going up in .5 increments! Hey, we'll take any victory we can get.

Crazygirl and Vicki1 - Whoo Hooo! Way to go.

Yesterday - 192.8
Today - 192.6
Valentine Goal = 179
Italiannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:01 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 250/240/160

Height: 5 foot 8

Weighed in again this morning.

down 1.6 pounds since monday! now at 223 even! ALL OF MY CHRISTMAS WEEK WEIGHT IS GONE!!! feels good! Just hate that it only took 5 days to put on 4 pounds and it took a week and a half to lose it.
ClaireBear92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:18 PM   #158  
Jag23

S/C/G: 177 Goal weight 140

Height: 5"1"

Hello,I have just satrted on Ideal Protein today and would love to join this challenge for Valentine's Day. I am meeting up with my signifant other in Mexico on Feb 10th. He's leaving for Mexico in 5 days. I want to surprise him with a new look,hair and body. So I definitly have a goal
Jag23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:47 PM   #159  
Get to goal & stay there!

S/C/G: 235/154.8/150

Welcome Jag! Happy to have you join us.

Bethann, I hope you recoop quickly. Get plenty of rest.

Italianne, I'd love to work from home, but I've been out of the workforce for so long being a SAHM, I'm afraid my resume would look pathetic. I've got to start looking for work soon though; my girls are 17 and 21, so it is getting weird to say I'm a SAHM. Good for you getting everything done before you logged in.

Claire, you are preaching to the choir, sista! On my one day off on Christmas, I put on everything I lost and worked so hard for in the month in the Christmas challenge. And I still don't even feel close to what I weighed on December 24th. It sure makes those planned cheat days seem not worth it, doesn't it?

I'm so glad that we have one another to lean on during this challenge. Seems like many of us, myself included, are struggling with those pounds we put on. Makes me question why I set my goal weight for this challenge so low. But I don't want to change it, even if I don't come close...it's still a goal I want to shoot for.

Today was a rough day for me. I've had the munchies and zero desire to workout (although I forced myself to). I've been a good girl so far, but I'm just feeling out of sorts.

I think it's because I stupidly offered to sew my daughter's dress for her for her 21st birthday party this Saturday. This came about after searching in several stores for a yellow, summery dress and coming up empty (her theme is "Singing In The Rain" and she wants her dress to be yellow like the umbrellas used in the movie...yes we do theme parties for birthdays...).

Now, I haven't sewn a darn thing in over 20 years, so I don't know what possessed me to offer such a thing. Even worse, I was thinking that the pattern, material, zipper and thread would cost me no more than $25. Yeah, right!?! The grand total was $68!!! No wonder people don't sew any more. But she is so excited that I'm going to be making it for her, and I don't want to let her down, but now I'm in panic mode.

I guess I can always check on youtube for videos on sewing to refresh my memory. Please pray for me that I don't botch this dress up. If it comes out well, and anyone's interested, I'll post a picture of her in it. If it doesn't come out well, no way Jose, is anyone going to see it.

Sorry for going off on a different subject other than weight loss and health. This has just been weighing heavily on my mind, but I feel silly for feeling this way with so many people having real problems in the world. I've been putting it off and time is running out, so I'm off to check out youtube.

PRAY FOR ME!

Last edited by sandcar150; 01-04-2012 at 07:49 PM.
sandcar150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:00 PM   #160  
IF for Life

Wow, Sandy - Sewing - good for you. The last time I tried to sew something, I ended up using language that should not be spoken by a lady! My sons are 20 and 17. While they were growing up I was a SAHM too, but I always had a small business (I sold Longaberger for years, and had my own branch - sales team). About 5 years ago I decided to get my real estate license, and then a few years after that I opened my own company. So.... I still feel like I have the best of both worlds. I never miss a game, I love to cook, so I'm here to cook dinner most nights, I can do laundry and negotiate a deal at the same time. It works great for me.

I think you probably have skills that you don't give yourself credit for, and most people would love to hire an intelligent, person with a good work ethic. Any skill can be learned. On the other hand, there are ways to make $$$ from home.

My guys appreciate that I'm here, even though they're older, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. If there's a group of hungry young men in town, they're around my kitchen table. Of course if I tell them they're on their own for dinner, they don't seem to care - I taught them how to fend for themselves! Life is good.

Happy stitching. I know your daughter will really appreciate it.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:21 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 231.0/193.6/185.9

Height: 5'5

Good dress vibes, Sandy!!!!

I am a disaster at DIY, so props to you for even trying. I am impressed!
shanhat81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:33 AM   #162  
Get to goal & stay there!

S/C/G: 235/154.8/150

Aww...thank you both. Luckily youtube has plenty of sewing how-to videos to go through.

Annie, I've been trying to find something to do from home with no luck. I told myself I would try until I get down to 160 and, if nothing came up, I will go back to work at Jenny Craig as a consultant. I really loved that job and watching my clients succeed. It was the best job ever, but I had to quit because my mother, who was watching my then young daughters, couldn't watch them any more. So my husband told me to stay home with them. As much as I love to be with them, I was depressed about quitting Jenny Craig for weeks. So, we'll see what happens in another few months.

Last edited by sandcar150; 01-05-2012 at 01:34 AM.
sandcar150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:22 AM   #163  
IF for Life

Hi Everyone.

Some of you are really plowing through the pounds. That's so cool.

Sandy - It sounds like you have a great plan. I would go for it. You love it and you're good at it. What more could you want? You go girl!

Yesterday - 192.6
Today - 192.2
Valentine Goal = 179
Old 01-05-2012, 11:09 AM   #164  
Angie... that is me!

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

Sandy.. I would LOVE to see a pic if you will post! How exciting! My favorite color is yellow =) I think it's soooo awesome that you guys do themed b-day parties, I wanna be in your fam! lol! Good luck on your dress-making adventure!

Hope everyone is doing well... I've been OP as far as eating goes! Exercising, eh, not so much. Treadmill on Tues, and I'm planning to get back on it today =) I'll weigh in tomorrow, so anxious to see if there's a drop!! (THERE BETTER BE!!) Have a great day everyone!!!
40lbsPLEASE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:19 AM   #165  
Country Girl Fresh

S/C/G: 325/313/195

Height: 5'4

Scarlett- I don't even know how to begin to sow so props to you for doing it. I am sure it will come out an awesome dress. I never done a theme party for birthdays. I might have to try that lol.

Everyone great job so far on loosing yall are doing awesome.

I am scared of getting on the scale since I have not worked out really and have went over my calorie count I feel so bad because I don't want to feel like this. I can't wait to be able to get the money and join a gym. I love a treadmill and really want to try spinning. I am going to try and make myself workout this week.

I have a question. I plan on making chicken wraps for supper one night this week, but can't think of any healthy things to go with them. We usually have fries or chips as sides to go with it, but I am looking for something healthier to go with it any ideas?

Last edited by Countrybarbie24; 01-05-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Countrybarbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote