Old 02-02-2012, 11:21 AM   #361  
Sweat Sweat Sweat!

S/C/G: 190/ticker/130

Height: 5'7

Italiannie Ha! That does sound like the easy way out of it! I would love to be able to give up some carbs. I don't know how I would go about that though. Being a Vegetarian limits what I can eat as it is. I'v thought about doing the Paleo diet. Where you basically eat like a caveman! But

Kandd416 Yup! It is when I'm watching TV after a workout. I just feel like munching on something. And once I start, I cant stop! Ugh. No more TV I guess lol.
TheLindsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:22 PM   #362  
Angie... that is me!

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

Thanks annie & Kim! I can't wait for weigh-in tomorrow, but only if it's good news You ladies are doing fantastic as well! Thanks for the inspiration!

looseseal- I wish you all the luck (or will-power I should say) as you will be surrounded with extremely tempting foods. Chocolate cake? YUM-to-the-TUM! you'll do great, I'm sure of it!

Lindsy- I literally lol'd when I read your post about covering the supermodels photos up with your hands to sneak in the pantry! Too cute! Do you like popcorn? That's my special treat at night when watching tv... I pop a single-serve bag of the 98% fat-free kettle corn and it's so tasty and curbs that feeling of wanting to binge. I also fix myself a hot cup of peppermint tea, I don't know why but it helps! It's worth a shot!!

Sandy... WE MISS YOU! Please come out to play soon!
40lbsPLEASE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:21 PM   #363  
Sweat Sweat Sweat!

40lbsHaha it's the only way I could get in there to get the yummies!

Sandy Come back!! I miss you so! I was wondering how your eyelashes are? If you are still using that stuff on em?

I went to the gym today, after work.. Like usual. Took the Hit 'n' Run class. Every stinkin time, I have beads of sweat going from my face to nose, to chest, to shoulders to the floor. There was a small puddle around me.
When we went to boxing we had to pair up with other girls because there wasnt enough punching bags. When we were doing the combos, the girl I was boxing with kept saying that I was a "Powerhouse". I looked around and saw the other ladies were just lightly hitting the bags, I was going ALL OUT. Hitting it as hard as I could.
When you box, it's good to go all out, it's muscle memory. If you practice it soft, you will hit softer. And I like killing my arms.
But, that was such a nice compliment.. I, my dears, I am a POWERHOUSE!!

Off to hit the shower, and get some sleep!

Oh I'm also thinking of doing 2 a days most days.
Get up at 4am workout 5-6. Work 8-5, gym 6-7. Home; eat shower sleep 8-4.

Any thoughts?

I hope you all had a great Thursday!!

xoxo Lindsy
Old 02-03-2012, 09:25 AM   #364  
Angie... that is me!

Check-in time! Man o man... I'm doin the happy dance this a.m.!!

So apparently last week I was still holding on to some water weight from TOM or something? I've been completely on plan with my eating (yay me!) and got some walks in on the treadmill.. which apparently is great in assisting with weight-loss? (lol, can you tell I'm not a huge fan of exercise?!?! I really want to like it, but I just can't!)

Anywho, after weighing myself 4 times, just to be sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me, here are my results: (drumroll please!)

Woop! I have met & EXCEEDED my goal for this challenge ladies! (goal was 175) I'm dancin on the ceiling =) I'm not goin anywhere, tho. I'll be hangin out, waitin for the next great challenge with MRS. SANDY, and will continue to check in here til then! Good luck to all you FABULOUS FOLKS! I know everyone will be meeting and/or exceeding their goals!!
Old 02-03-2012, 10:08 AM   #365  
Sweat Sweat Sweat!

Great Job 40lbs!! Thats excellent!
I'm so happy for you!! The weight loss fairy came to you last night!! Send her my way! :P
Old 02-03-2012, 01:04 PM   #366  

S/C/G: 231.0/193.6/185.9

Height: 5'5

So ... it's POSSIBLE that I will make my goal of 155. Possible. Unlikely, but possible.

Down 2.7 for 158.8 this morning. I am SO HAPPY to be in the 150s. Haven't been here since ... wow ... 2002.
shanhat81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:32 PM   #367  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

CW: 209
GW: 198ish re-evaluated- 202

Jan 2: 211.2 (-.7)
Jan 9: 209 (-2.2)
Jan 16: 206.1 (-2.9)
Jan 23: 209 (+2.9) TOM plus going off plan.
Jan 30: 205.5 (-3.5)

I'm changing my goal to 202. It's a milestone still. No longer obese.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:49 AM   #368  

S/C/G: 365/T/245

Weigh-in day! Down 4.2 lbs this week. I reached the challenge goal last week and want to see where I can be by Valentine's Day.

Congrats 40lbsPLEASE! So many of you are close to goal - you have a cheering section here!!!

Sandy - I miss you!
vicki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:34 AM   #369  
IF for Life

S/C/G: 198/183/147

Vicki1, Driven, Shanhat, kandd, 40lbs - Congratulations! You are all doing great.

Yikes! Not going to make my Valentine Challenge. I'm going to move my 179 goal date to Feb 27 - we're heading to the beach that day. Now, I'm hoping to be under 185 by Valentine's day.

Valentine Challenge:
S/192.6
C/187 (-4.6)
G/Under 185

Feb 27 Goal 179

I'm averaging 1 - 1.5lbs per week. Great for the long run - not so great with the challenges. When I joined the challenge I thought I could average 2 lbs per week. My body doesn't give up the fat like it used to, but we've all had that conversation!

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Italiannie; 02-06-2012 at 08:35 AM.
Italiannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:29 AM   #370  
... and a piece of toast.

S/C/G: 170 >:(/152/135

Height: 5'2" <-- well, almost

Ugh, the scale has not budged for me in over a week despite me being totally OP and exercising. I am still determined to hit 159 by Sunday but am completely frustrated that the scale has other ideas. Don't know what else to do, trying to keep the cals down in the 1300 range for the next few days . . . it ain't easy. Blarg.

Congrats on those who are losing, you're doing great. Keep up the fantastic work . . . it inspires the rest of us!
loose seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #371  
Sweat Sweat Sweat!

Im in the same boat you are Loose Seal!! Stuck in the 160's for life.

I woke up today for weigh in, not pretty.. 165.6 I gained. I'm so frusterated at this point.

TOM will be here in 3 days, so that might be the reason, but it's so annoying. I work out HARD everyday (except sunday) and stay OP. What the Heck is going on!?

I'm not going to lie, sunday all together was a bad day for me. Saturday night I went out and partied hard with my friends. Got wasted. Sunday my body hated me for drinking so much. And I had to go to my Nana's house that day too. SHE ALWAYS HAS THE KITCHEN FULL OF YUMMYS! Life is too short to not eat her food. You never know how long they will be with us. So I ate her delicioulsy high calorie yummys. I don't regret it. I just wish it wouldn't stick on the scale.

On a good note. When I went to that party, I found me a cute boy. haha Whatta good kisser! hahah man oh man!

I hope everyone else had a fun weekend! I know I sure did!
Old 02-06-2012, 01:51 PM   #372  
Angie... that is me!

Don't give up ladies! Hang in there... staying OP will pay off in the long run, as you already know!

Lindsy, I see the weightloss fairy didn't make it to ur place, but I DID send her your way! She must've got sidetracked, dang her!! (wouldn't it be nice if weightloss WAS as simple as a magic wand and fairy?!?! SHEESH) And how awesome about your cute fella... I found me a cute fella at a party once, great kisser and all, and I married him =)

So how bout them GIANTS, YA'LL?!?! Woot woot, what a fantastic football game last night! And thanks to Gina over at Skinnytaste.com, we had a truly delicious and guilt-free superbowl party! YUM!!

Here's to an OP week... I'm vowing to get at least 3 good exercise sessions in this week. Doesn't sound like a lot, I know, but I DO NOT EXERCISE! Workin on it tho
Old 02-06-2012, 08:50 PM   #373  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

CW: 209
GW: 198ish re-evaluated- 202

Jan 2: 211.2 (-.7)
Jan 9: 209 (-2.2)
Jan 16: 206.1 (-2.9)
Jan 23: 209 (+2.9) TOM plus going off plan.
Jan 30: 205.5 (-3.5)
Feb 6: 204.1 (-1.4)
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:34 AM   #374  

S/C/G: 191/170.6/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm stuck! Ugh! Weighed in this morning & am still at 185.6. Exactly the same as last week. I weighed Friday & was at 185.2, so what the heck happened? I was eating at the upper end of my calorie goal, but should have still had enough of a calorie deficit for a small loss. AAAARRRRGGGHHH!

One week left for this challenge & I really don't think I will manage to lose 5.6 pounds in a week. Sigh! I hate failing! So I've set my February weight loss to 180, which was originally my Valentine's goal. Maybe 2 pounds per week is just too much for me unless I want to completly give up the foods I enjoy. I WILL make my February goal!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Kim
kandd416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:36 AM   #375  
... and a piece of toast.

S/C/G: 170 >:(/152/135

Height: 5'2" <-- well, almost

kandd: you and me are in the same boat. Totally OP food and exercise wise but . . . nada, the scale just wasn't budging. I ate w/in my cal range last week but ate too many starchy/carby type food (pasta, spanish rice, goldfish), didn't drink enough water and also didn't eat as many veggies as I had the week before. Since Sat. I've cut that stuff back, upped the water intake (don't know why I'm having trouble w/that) and am getting the veggies back in. Oh, and I'm eating on the low end of my cals for a few days to see if that will help. I think the scale may have moved down this morning but am waiting until Sat (my weigh-in day) to see if it sticks and am just focusing on staying OP with it all. It HAS to work sooner or later . . . right?

Stay OP, maybe cut the cals by 100/day or so and try to throw in more movement. Not necessarily 'exercise' but just more movement. I didn't sit down Sat at all, was busy cleaning and cooking and oven shopping. Sometimes just a bit less food and a bit more movement does the trick.

I also wonder if being at a certain point in my cycle (mid-cycle) doesn't affect weigh loss as well?
loose seal is offline   Reply With Quote