Old 04-17-2010, 09:35 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Dance-10 lbs to go!!!! Congrats. I didnt go to the dentist, the swelling was down today, but I have had a nagging headache almost all day. We dont have any plans for the weekend, just a nice quiet weekend at home. I know we are boring. I would say 3 hrs of yardwork is quite a workout.

So last night I didnt even turn the wii on to get any miles in. With my mouth hurting I was a little cranky and went to bed, watched a movie and fell asleep early. Today I only got 1 mile in, so I finished off the week with 13 miles. This month I have walked 43 miles. I am hoping to make it to 60. Gonna talk to my sister in Alabama for a bit, my twin sister in New Zealand has been blowing us off and not chatting for a month or so. Probably go to bed early again tonight since this headache doesnt want to go away. Hope you all enjoy your Sunday. Night.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:51 PM   #77  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Allison: So sorry you've had the toothache and headache, doesn't make it easy to work out in pain. Hope you feel better.

My day was pretty uneventful. I was up until 1:30 cleaning my house for my hubby's best friend staying with us for the weekend. Got up at 7, had my ARP treatment at 8, then came home and did some super duper spring cleaning. Very exciting life, right?

ARP treatment went well, Jeff said that he's impressed with the progress I've made in just 3 treatments. My shoulder pain is almost gone, and I actually feel like my mucles are more relaxed. Didn't realize how much stress I was putting on them. So, he is now checking with his boss to see if we should start strengthening, or if we will move onto my knee issue, which I'm sure will be more painful. Oh well, as long as it works in the long run, I don't care. I have Jeff to talk me through it, which helped me get through the really rough stuff today.

Tomorrow is pretty uneventful...I live quite the exciting life, right? Home with our friend and Maddie. Nothing else really planned. Have a great night ladies!!
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:52 AM   #78  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Hi ladies. Dance facebooked me to tell me you were back on 3F again, I am glad. I can get here from my blackberry when I am at work and I couldn't on the old one - and I just bought my own laptop to have at home now. I really haven't had a computer (other than at work) for almost a month and I really missed it so I decided to bite the bullet and get one and so glad I did!

Well I'm moved into my place, still have unpacking to do and putting furniture together (love IKEA but not putting it all together) - but I have the essentials done so I can do some here and there over the next few weeks. I got my curtains up at least - I wouldn't want any peepers especially with the shape I'm not in

I am hoping that now things have settled, I'm not living out the suitcase, etc that I can get to the gym and start eating decent. I know I've gained weight, I haven't weighed yet - I need to buy a scale soon. I don't think I have the courage to get on it so I will give myself a week.

I only thing I have left to buy is a car. The toyota I wanted - well it was a long story but someone beat me to the punch. So I decided that I am not allowed to buy a car until I lose 25 pounds. That means I have to walk/bike. Since it's summer here it's ok to not have one but yesterday I had to go and get some nails and I had to walk 30 min there and back. So in the process i'm losing weight and not being lazy I guess. The bus can get me to work. Everyone thinks I'm crazy but whatever it takes. Also, a big change from Vancouver - there are NO stores even close to where i live so stopping by for a treat takes me 30 min to get there lol. I planned that good!!! Love living in the burbs.

I read back and you are all doing great. I really missed you all. I did so much better when I was logging on here and chatting with you and others. Now that my life is normal (I actually work 8 hour days) I can do so much more for my health!!!

So saying that I have to go and eat my protein pancakes!! Dance - thanks for letting me know we are back there - I am really excited!
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 04:36 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

woohoo - we got our canadian contingent back!

So nice to see you here, Staccie, and love love love the new pic - you look gorgeous in every picture I've seen of you - I would kill for that quality! I think your car as a weight loss reward is one of the best I've heard. Some of my best losing streaks in the past happened when I moved to a walking city (NY, DC, Philly, London, Mexico City) - I think it's so incredibly good for your life balance to get your exercise in on foot while you get your errands done. So, way to go - can't wait to hear about your progress on that front. How is it being back in Edmonton? You used to live there, right? So you have a bunch of friends there already? No new city adjustment to go through?

burgundy - pain is so exhausting - hope you're hurting less today. What do you think is going on with your twin? Is she in a bad place right now or just not chatty?

maddiesmom - congrats on your ARP progress - so glad that's going well. Are you dreading starting on the knee or looking forward to it being over?

Things are okay here - my bf and I had a nice time last night, walking through a super ritzy neighborhood (think mansions) to the wine bar and sharing some yummy food. Anyone tried arugula pesto? Yum! I've got to figure out the recipe and share with you guys. On the way back it started to drizzle but that made it more of an adventure somehow and I always enjoy looking at gorgeous houses. This morning he was moody again which is a bummer as I was hoping we would hang out tonight since I'll be gone mon-fri in FL. Oh, well. Not that big of a deal. I was tempted to eat a giant bowl of popcorn to make myself happy but managed to just eat some mango instead and go through my smaller size summer clothes. Thanks, girls, for always being here and helping me realize that I'm happier when I'm making progress than when I'm emotional eating.

Hope you all are having a relaxing weekend!
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 05:57 PM   #80  
Brown Eyed Staccie

dance - yes I lived here before - it's nice being back - it's not stressful like if I had to start new somewhere again - my life is much more balanced so I have no excuse to get rid of this weight!!

rayne - i really like the idea of putting a goal of weekly miles - i read that in a few posts - i might have to copy you on that one!!

I promise not to go AWOL again - it's so nice having a computer at home!! Not having a car is definitely a challenge but my sausage legs might become more like oversized hotdogs so it's gotta be a good thing!! the transit here is ok, I would rather work out in the am but i can't get there too early so i will have to go at night which might be better anyway so i don't fall into the snack track!

well off to unpack more stuff. happy to be back!
Old 04-18-2010, 09:48 PM   #81  

Vichy-thanks, the toothache and headache were gone today. How are you feeling with the treatments and not being able to workout?? Your weekend sounds like mine, we have an exciting weekend at home. It was relaxing though.

Staccie-glad to see u back. Not having a car is a good thing most of the time. You could def join me with tracking mileage each week. Bet you would beat me. Love that getting a car is your reward from losing weight. We have a car and a truck, we only live like 8 miles from town. I could walk that, but never have. It would probably take me like 4 hours.

Dance-wasnt lazy today since the pain was gone. It is exhausting, I didnt feel like doing a thing. My sister works all week and just doesnt want to sit at home on the computer on Sundays cos in NZ its the middle of the day when we chat, while its like 8 or 9 at night here. Are you gonna be able to meet up with Sandy while in FL?

Walked and walked today. Did 1/2 a mile on the loop in the yard. Then went 4 miles with the pups. Then my hubbys aunt met me and we walked maybe another mile. Will have to track it in the car to find out for sure so I can count it.

Had a nice relaxing Sunday. Got a few movies to watch. Think I will lay in bed and watch one before bed. The scale is still saying 194, gotta get it back down and past 193 so I can change my ticker.

Have a great night.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:53 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 200/seeticker/130

had a rough weekend but will work hard this week to make up for it. busy this morning so don't have tome to type topo much, get girls ready and head out the door.
have a good day ladies
momof2kz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:35 AM   #83  

momof - nice ticker!

burgundy - you are a walking superstar! You'll be zooming on past 193 in no time. What's your biggest diet challenge? Snacks, desserts, portion size? I don't think you've ever mentioned.

staccie - I totally relate to your idea of trying to stay busy in the evenings. This week while I'm in FL for work I'm planning on hitting the discount stores after dinner so that I don't sit in the hotel thinking about snacking.

Last night, I got in a three mile walk with my buddy and I'm going to shoot for a 3 mile run this morning before I head to the airport.

Mygrits - I'll send you a private message on FB with my cell and email info to see if there's a chance that we can meet in Deland for tea or something on Thurs afternoon before you head to your parents (if you're doing that this week).
Old 04-19-2010, 02:13 PM   #84  
aka Vicky

Staccie: Welcome back!! We did miss you and all of your colorful stories. Way to go on the weight loss goal...getting a car...wow. Don't know if I would have the dicipline to do something like that. Good for you!! BYW: Amazing job, pics, etc. during the Olympics! That must give you such a sense of accomplishment!

Dance: To answer your question, I am actually dreading the ARP treatment on my knee. Since there's not a whole lot of fat around my knee, it will be more painful. I'm looking forward to it being over, but not the process of getting it that way. You and Burgundy are walking machines! I'm asking Jeff if it would be ok to walk as exercise, waiting to hear back via email.

Allison: Glad you are starting to feel better. I am so impressed with your walking! I tend to get bored walking outside, but there's a forest preserve out by me that may be a pretty walking area...if I ever get to work out again. Glad you had a relaxing weekend...we all need those once in a while.

So I had another ARP treatment today, and mentioned that my back and sciatica were absolutely killing me yesterday and again today. He tried to find where I was in the most pain (thinking it was my back) but it turns out that it is still my shoulder - just a different spot. Jeff asked if I was picking Maddie up a lot this weekend, which i had, so I really have to watch that, it's not good for me. Basically, my back is overcompensating for the muscles around my shoulder, so the pain will appear in my back. By activating those shoulder muscles, I will move more efficiently, so I won't get the back pain anymore (hopefully). I go back on Wednesday. I'm telling you, it's the most painful thing to experience, but I'm just waiting for the end result - pain free back.

Anyways, hope everyone is doing well (even though it's a Monday).
Old 04-19-2010, 08:32 PM   #85  

tomorrow is our team potluck at work, i don't think anyone is bringing anything healthy. will do my best!! but not looking good.

went for a walk with the girls today. i still need to drive that and find out how far i am walking. i'm sure only 1/2 mile. i dont' want to tire out the girls walking too far one way cuz then we have to walk back.they've been doing good tho, my youngest (brianna) wanted to go further but my oldest (hannah) had her bike and we went up a little bit of a hill the whole time so she got tired quick. i'm just glad they like taking walks, maybe i'll have to let them take their 4 wheelers so they will not tired at all. i like that idea, will need to charge the batteries over night tho, it's been a while.

have a good night all
Old 04-19-2010, 08:33 PM   #86  

momof2-hope you had a good day. Cute pic of you daughters. How old are they? You will have to be the one to take something healthy for the potluck, thats what i usually try to do. Its good your daughters like walking with you. Get them started walking now to build good habits.

Dance-my biggest challenge right now is snacks. I want to get into Chris' snack cabinet so bad, but I bought some granola bars and yogurt. I need to get more fruit. When I have fruit in the house I eat that, but all I have right now it some grapes. Good job on your 3 miles yesterday, did u get a run in today?

Vicky-my mouth feels better, it is a wisdom tooth coming in, I am almost 29 and still have wisdom tooth coming in. Hope your pain subsides soon with your treatments. Sounds like you had quite a bit this weekend.

I measured my walk from yesterday and it was 6 miles. I went 3 today on the trails in the woods. 9 down 11 to go. Got some errands done today. Got the pups preventative medicines. Chris bought an acoustic guitar, he said I should open the bedroom window tonight and he will serenade me, lol. Gonna go back to looking for a kennel to board the dogs at while we are on vacation. I think I found one, just have to go see it.

Eating was good today, getting back into eating better, AGAIN. I had cereal for breakfast, grilled chicken and veggies for lunch. No snack today, we were out of the house and I didnt go in the store with chris so I wouldnt buy anything. Dinner was 12 grain pancakes, eggbeaters and sausage.

Has anyone tried those Jimmy Dean turkey sausage breakfast sandwiches? I think they are JD. Bought some today, might try one for brekkie tomorrow.

Last edited by burgundyrayne; 04-19-2010 at 08:36 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:55 PM   #87  
Brown Eyed Staccie

Hi ladies - whoosh I had a busy day! It went by so quick. I did ok with eating - although I did have a chocolate bar...but if I would have eaten my yogurt I wouldn't have. Tomorrow I am planning on going to the gym to watch my TV shows

Rayne - good on you for the miles...my goal is 30 this week but that's only because I will be biking too. I made a whole bunch of meals and froze them last night too - so i'm on the track to being a good girl!

dance - you travel everywhere...good on you for sticking to a plan!! Hopefully you can find some good stuff at the discount stores!!! I always have to be in the right mood for that

Vicky - glad your treatments are going well..you are 210 - that is awesome!! You will be at 199 in no time- you look wonderful!

Well tomorrow is a busy work day, a night on the bike watching my new favorite TV shows and then a nice sleep. I feel quite happy today which is great - I notice i am feeling like that way more than I have in a long time.

You know what, I am motivated by you girls so much I am going to go for a walk tonight!!!!
Old 04-19-2010, 09:45 PM   #88  
aka Vicky

Ok ladies....found the best hunger tool today. Special K makes a protein water mixture (like Crystal lite), but it has 5 grams of protein in it, so it keeps you full. I had a lean cuisine panini and a small bag of baked lays for lunch...and when I got hungry mid-afternoon, I drank 1/2 of that Special K protein water...and I was full until dinner. It has whey protein in it, which is better for you than soy (Jeff said that our bodies don't have the enzyme necessary to fully break down soy), so it's good for you too. Just thought I would share.

This stuff comes in different flavors: strawberry kiwi, pink lemonade; I had the pink lemonade and it tasted pretty good.

Have a great night!

Last edited by MaddiesMom; 04-19-2010 at 09:46 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:36 PM   #89  

maddiesmom - thanks for the protein drink tip - I will give that a try!

Yesterday was not good food-wise *cringe*. Oh well - that ship has sailed. Today has been good so far and am heading to a fish place for dinner so that should be pretty healthy.

momof - like the new 'flame' icons and the new photo! Now we just need one with you in it too! I love being able to see what the people I talk to all day long look like

burgundy - you are just a walking machine! No miles for me today but I'm planning on a 3 mile run in the fitness center tomorrow morning - gonna join me?

staccie - how was your walk? Wish we could have cruised the discount stores today together - I have a feeling it would have been much more fun with you! I got a few fun things and didn't get too discouraged.

Lots of driving today - yuck. Tomorrow should be better.

Hope you all are doing well.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:47 PM   #90  

burgundy: my youngest brianna just turned 5 in march , and hannah will be 7 in july.

i drove 1/2 mile down a road today to mesure where to walk to. so got home early from work today and walked 1/2 mile with the girls on the way back they wanted to walk down the small road behind our house to the cemetary, so we did and walked the circle around the cemetary and then came back home, so about 1 1/2 mile walk today. i loved it. will do it again and work up to more, they seem to do well and not get tired and they know it is good for them as well.

potluck was not good today. i did eat some bad stuff but did not eat as much as normally would have. so that was alittle helpful
will be very good tomorrow to make up for it.

maddiesmom: will have to try the protein water, sounds good. thanks for the tip

i will have to look for a picture of me. there are not many.
have a good night ladies, i am off to spend time outside with the girls before bed.