Old 07-20-2009, 04:13 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Hey ladies!

Shari, I just want to say thanks again for taking over the number crunching, I'm glad this challenge is still somewhat alive!

For the mini-challenge... I did great on Friday with my water, drank my 1L at work AND a small cup of coffee in the morning and 20oz of Crystal Light in the afternoon. Then the weekend arrived, and I stopped keeping track (or, frankly, caring ). I don't know how much I drank. But today I'm back on track - only a few sips left of my 1L bottle, and less than an hour before I go home.

Everything else is going great! I think I lost 1lb this week from Sunday to Sunday for my official weigh-in, but I've lost 2.4lbs from Monday to Monday! I was supposed to take Saturday off from exercising but I didn't WANT to, so I ran anyway. I ended up taking Sunday off because I had some stomach pain, but now I'm really eager to get back to it tonight. The shirt I'm wearing today fits better than it ever has before. I'm just feeling really motivated!

I can't really say that my eating has been great I guess.. over the past week I've had a whole pint of Ben & Jerry's Karamel Sutra, a mini-scone and two donut holes, fried chicken strips dipped in honey mustard, and about 1/4 cup of brown sugar. I guess the sugar was the most distressing... I haven't had an emotionally-triggered binge in a long time, but my husband is suffering from depression right now and it was too much for me... I have so little junk in the house right now that I dug the bag of brown sugar out of the freezer and ate it by the spoonful. Maybe that's better posted over in the "Chicks in control" section, it probably sounds really weird to everyone else, heh.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 04:23 PM   #122  

Height: 5'6"

Hey all,
I was thinking weights had to be PM'd by Monday night, oops! On my weigh in day I was down over a pound but I'm up a little after after eating too much yesterday, also PMS too.
I haven't been around a lot the last few days because DH was on vacation and we were very busy, but I got plenty of exercise in and finished all my tags too. I'm kind of glad his vacation is over so we can get back into routine.
Congratulations on all the losses!!
ruth135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 04:35 PM   #123  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayness View Post
I have so little junk in the house right now that I dug the bag of brown sugar out of the freezer and ate it by the spoonful. Maybe that's better posted over in the "Chicks in control" section, it probably sounds really weird to everyone else, heh.
It sounds like reality every once and a while for me. I've been fighting depression for a little while over being unemployed for the last 4 months. It's totally frustrating when you are in binge mode and there is absolutely nothing to binge on... I hear you there. Sometimes it keeps me from bingeing and sometimes I binge on something really weird (fruit, cans of soup, etc.).

But... on the job front and the bored/depressed with being home. I have a job! I found out today that I was hired by SCDOT as a construction engineer. Woot! No more laying around the house for me.

Shari- I second the thanks for taking over with the #'s!

Last edited by sprklemajik; 07-20-2009 at 04:36 PM.
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 04:59 PM   #124  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Fattopia!!! wow!! congrats! You too mel!

I was shocked to see i was a runner up.

To everyone: I wish you all a much better week!
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:19 PM   #125  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

I'm back from my quick vacay to CA. No time to catch up on what's been going on, so no personals...hope everyone is doing well. I had a great time and didn't go off plan too badly and am ready to get right back on track. Was going to go to pilates but fell asleep for about an hour and then it was too late. Will be a bootcamp tomorrow though.
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:51 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Congrats to last week's winners. Awesome weight loss Fattopia.

Sprklemajic-I am so happy for you on acquiring the new position. That is fantastic news.

Mayness-Sorry about your husband feeling blue and having trouble with the bingeing. Life can throw us tough situations. Hang in there girl.
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:41 PM   #127  

S/C/G: SW=226 CW=223 GW1=205 LTG=120

Height: 5'4"

Just wanted to check in after missing the WI yesterday (oops). Lost my internet connection all week-- bad for communication, good for getting off my lazy butt and exercising though. Grats to Fattopia, 7 lbs is amazing! Keep it up guys.
kitten007799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:22 AM   #128  

I'm back down to my ticker weight after the gain from Sunday, so I am glad about that. I didn't get any exercise in yesterday, I just was not feeling that well, no energy. But today I'm feeling great and plan to take a walk outside soon before it gets too hot.

On the mini-challenge, my problem is the weekend. I can do great all week and then the weekend comes along and I don't always stay on plan. Especially Sunday when we are usually gone all day, we go to church out of town then usually go to my parents house between the services. Most of the time I have no idea of the calories of some of the food I'm eating there. Alot of times they get KFC and I have the intention of taking off the extra crispy skin but I usually end up eating most of it. I have been doing better though, except this Sunday. I will make more of an effort to do well this weekend.

Last edited by ruth135; 07-21-2009 at 10:23 AM.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:44 PM   #129  

sprklemajik-Thanks again for this challenge. It is going so well. I had lunch at a mexican restaurant and did not eat the chips! I am so happy. I feel so much more capable about controlling my eating. Overeating makes me miserable.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:18 PM   #130  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

Sparkle ~ Congrats on the job!

I GOT THE APARTMENT!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:42 AM   #131  

That is wonderful news Shari. I wish you much happiness in your new home.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:31 PM   #132  

Hi Ladies,
Hope you all are having a great day. My weight was up just a tad this morning, but I'm pretty sure its PMS because I ate real well and swam for a while yesterday.

Its been raining all day today so it looks like I'll be getting my exercise on the treadmill or bike today.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:04 PM   #133  

Ruth135-I know what you mean about the weekends. We should have a mini-mini challenge to stay on plan over this weekend. Let's not even think about another weekend, just this one.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:32 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Sprkle: congrats on the job!!

Shari: congrats on the apartment!!

TERAPET: I'm up for a weekend mini-mini-challenge. This weekend will be harder than most because we have a friend visiting, so we'll probably go out to eat a lot. He's not a picky eater so hopefully we can choose restaurants wisely, and he's an active guy so we'll probably do some hiking and whatnot. But it does make it harder to do my exercise DVDs... I'm not letting him see me flopping around all sweaty and gross, lol.

Today is a little rough for me... I got to bed late (up talking with my husband, sometimes we're like little kids at a sleepover and would rather chat all night than sleep, lol!) and it's a looong day at work. Probably a 12 hour day altogether. AND I'm doing an experiment that I've never done before, so it's extra stressful. Earlier I was thinking "wow, this is tough, I need to go buy cookies to make myself feel better!" but I drank some coffee instead and the world didn't end.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:26 PM   #135  

Good for you Mayness for skipping the cookies. Sounds like you have a fun weekend ahead. I'm glad you want to join in a mini-mini weekend challenge. My husband and I go out for lunch several times a week. I am getting much better with my menu choices. The restaurant does make a big difference though.