Old 01-31-2009, 01:10 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Vanessa~Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pat
Dixiemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:45 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 230/179/150

Height: 5'7"

Dixie!!! Hope you have a much better year this year than last! (I'm sure you will!)

Well I fell off the posting bandwagon as I've had a a very busy last 4 days with work and such. Seems like this is now the pattern, I can post a lot on the week-ends, but during the work-week I can't, now that I've picked up more temp jobs--but hey, at least I've been finding work. I hope to continue to find it, even if the pay is much less, I need it, whatever it pays!

Today back to the gym. Finally getting over my little cold--thank goodness no cough this year like I had last year. Thanks for the 5K challenge Mel! I did one last saturday and this is just good encouragement to do at least one or two this week-end too!

I am making chili for the Superbowl gathering we are having tomorrow, and will ONLY eat that, and a low-fat veggie app I'm making, not ANY chips or other crapola!! And only one or two low-carb beers--buying Michelob Ultra today at the store.

I will check in again later......
modcat44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 02:52 PM   #108  
:)

Height: 5'7

Dixie - Thanks, and Happy Birthday !

CurvyEnglishChick - I wish you the best of luck.

Still working on... life. Ha.

I'll talk to you ladies later!

Last edited by oneupsteph; 01-31-2009 at 02:52 PM.
oneupsteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 05:22 PM   #109  
Time To Do This Thing

S/C/G: 195/195/125

Height: 5'4"

after many starts and stops, and gaining and losing the same ten or fifteen pounds over and over again, i am ready to try to begin again.

i'd like to get involved with these fitness challenges. i scanned some of the posts. could someone give me a quick brief overview of what this involves? like, is it any physical challenge we are interested in, or are there specific programs?

ufi, i saw that you are going to start the couch to 5K on sunday, and i would like to join in this challenge with you guys if that's cool. i have read about it before and thought about trying it but of course never got around to it. so i looked it up again and i'm going to print it out and start tomorrow.

this may sound silly, but i think i've avoided jogging when at my top weight because everything moves around so much and i am concerned about things getting stretched out, like the coopers ligaments in the breasts, etc. but i'm going to try a new bra (maybe two) and give it a shot.

Last edited by bluesurfgirl; 01-31-2009 at 05:23 PM.
bluesurfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 08:43 PM   #110  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesurfgirl View Post

this may sound silly, but i think i've avoided jogging when at my top weight because everything moves around so much and i am concerned about things getting stretched out, like the coopers ligaments in the breasts, etc. but i'm going to try a new bra (maybe two) and give it a shot.

I don't think it's silly at all, there are lots of concerns I've had at my higher weight that I'm trying to work through as I get smaller. Thirty pounds ago, it was really uncomfortable for me to run. I feel a little more comfortable now, although I'm not sure which parts are in my head and which were actual physical issues for me.

I'm currently feeling so much better. I've had a cold the past week, but I think I'll actually start exercising again tomorrow. I also will be breaking the no-weigh-in part of this challenge again. I like to keep a month by month log of how much weight I loose and I'm going to peek in the morning. Then I should be good to go until the 14th again. Hope everyone is doing good, and planning healthy foods to eat tomorrow. My super bowl won't be super healthy, we're going to a crab boil, but if I keep my portions in moderation it will be a pretty good choice for dinner.
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 09:09 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Hi girls!

Im back from Tn. Im exhausted..I didnt do so hot for the time I was gone. I plan on jumping back on the horse now that im back. My grandma is doing well so my nerves all calmed for now. I did buy some facial stuff even though im a week late. Ill have to get with them 5ks.

Melissa- I did get them from the Dr. They were the off brand Adipex (phentermine). I dont remember how many milligrams. So how are they going with those pills? Is it safe to take 2 of them together?

Has anyone heard from Abby? They got a heck of a storm there. I drove through KY this morning and it looked like a tornado went through in parts.
I hope everyone else made it through it ok.
heather1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:00 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather1979 View Post
Hi girls!

Im back from Tn. Im exhausted..I didnt do so hot for the time I was gone. I plan on jumping back on the horse now that im back. My grandma is doing well so my nerves all calmed for now. I did buy some facial stuff even though im a week late. Ill have to get with them 5ks.

Melissa- I did get them from the Dr. They were the off brand Adipex (phentermine). I dont remember how many milligrams. So how are they going with those pills? Is it safe to take 2 of them together?

Has anyone heard from Abby? They got a heck of a storm there. I drove through KY this morning and it looked like a tornado went through in parts.
I hope everyone else made it through it ok.

Heather I don't think you are supposed to take more than the recommended dose. I guess so far so good....I don't really know...the first few days I could really tell a difference.....I am starting to lose some of the side effects though....so now when I'm hungry I feel that I'm hungry...but alot of times just nothing sounds good to me....I'm not craving sonic burgers or McDonald's fries and such.....I don't think the Alli is working though....either that or I'm just not eating enough fat to get any of the side effects???

I haven't been on in a few days so I don't know if Abby has been on here...I have heard how bad KY got hit....my grandmother and some of my Aunts from Kentucky have been here staying in hotels or with my sister or dad for the past several days......they said they opened up walmart the other day but would only let like 20 or so people in at a time so they could watch people....I heard there was some looting....it is a shame people try to use times like these to their advantage. I heard it could take up to 3 weeks to get all the power on...but my grandmother and aunts had their water and electricity turned back on today.....so I'm sure they are getting alot of help from surrounding counties and states.....she will probably be on here before you know it...I just hope she is warm!
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:05 PM   #113  

Happy Birthday Pat!
Melissa-
Yeah, looting is always a problem it seems when mother natrue rages her fiery. People are idiots sometimes. I think Murray,Ky actually just got power when I came through because most businesses where still closed but I seen alot of people standing outside. I went to Walmart in Paris and they had wiped out alot of the food and water. Yeah, I heard it could be a long time til some people regain power. I even heard that some of the shelters were over filled and they were actually turning people away. I hope everyone stays warm and things get better for those people soon. Yeah, I didnt really feel like eating with those pills at first either but after I couple of weeks it seemed to wear off.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:21 AM   #114  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

happy birthday pat!

abby logged in on facebook and i read that she is staying at a shelter a lot of power outages and flooding in her area and she might not be in her home for a bit and no power or water for weeks! i will keep her in my prayers.
bjeweled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:49 AM   #115  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

Bluesurfgirl, of course you can join in the 5K thing! The more shared motivation, the better! I'm nervous about jogging and being all jiggly, but it isn't like there's much I can do about that except wear a good bra. Gotta work with what I've got. I'm tired of putting up with my excuses for not doing things.

Hope all those out there in the midst of the storms are doing OK. Remember: Shivering isn't officially an exercise! Take care.
Ufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:54 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Brie~Thanks for the update on Abby!!! I was very concerned

Heather~I am glad you are back. I am glad your grandmother is doing better.

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes. It has been a good day!! Pat
Dixiemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 04:45 AM   #117  

Thanks pat!

Aww, poor Abby. I hope shes doing ok.
Brie- Keep us updated if she logs in there anymore.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:45 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 267.5/see siggy/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiemae View Post
Hi Everyone. We celebrated my birthday last night at my sisters' house. I did have a small piece of cake and some Ice cream. I probably blew the rest of the days good work out the window. I had a good time. Today is my birthday. I am blah blah years old, translate old enough to know better, young enough to not do better
I"m a day late... but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
marimari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:53 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 267.5/see siggy/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather1979 View Post
Aww, poor Abby. I hope shes doing ok.
Brie- Keep us updated if she logs in there anymore.
Yeah, keep us updated! What a bad situation
marimari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 09:06 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Height: 5'6"

Hey all, sounds like US getting bad weather, I really hope everyone is ok, will be thinking about everyone.

so yesterday apart from housework I didnt do any exercise, I felt rough so only ended up eating about 800 cals, which is diabolical I know. I tried to eat more but didn't feel up to it.

Today back OP, did 45mins TBL routine 1 advanced, was pretty tired too, gonna do 30ds and wk4d2 of pressups and situps tonight. feeling good, not sure how to get out and do any 5ks though, it's pretty chilly and sitting in is just so much more appealing. How do you guys do it with the weather an all, (I realise I sound like a whining winny when I really haven't got it that bad here, I'm sorry).

I'm so glad January is over, started my new plan for Feb increased some of the mini challenges I set myself and removed one or 2 of the old ones.
looking forward to my weigh in....well who isn't

Have a great Sunday all
Koshinogi is offline   Reply With Quote