Old 01-27-2009, 12:55 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Mel~I am glad we can do this together too.It really helps!!!

It is snowing!!!Coming down pretty hard. What ever we do we need to get it done. Her driving a disabled van with a 5 yo sounds like a recipe for diaster! Pat
Dixiemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:13 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Height: 5'6"

Hey all, Sounds liek this last week has been rough on a few people, myself included, got some bad news about my dad and that made me really sad, but things are looking brighter and so far I didn't use it as an excuse to binge, DH helped alot with this,we almost had take away food and as I drove past I was thinking 3000+ calories for a pizza, it's really not worth all the effort I have put in for 1 meal that will just make me feel rough after wards anyway, wwent home and cooked some pasta and vegie bolognese. was yummy.

Home spa day was great, I got a bubble machine thing for the bath a few years back and used that, hair mask, mud pack thing for my face and some manicure/pedicure time, I felt great.

Been OP with eating but water intake a little bit under, but a girl at work was walking behind me and I heard her say have you lost weight you look slimmer from behind... I just said aww you saying I was fat before hehe, so that made me feel good too, cant wait to weigh in get a number so I know in my head if I have done good.

Anyway hope your all good, Im off to exercise whilst my dough rises, making some pashwari naan breads to go with my very low fat tikka, mmmm
Koshinogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:52 PM   #33  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

koshi: I want to come to your house for dinnner!

Mel and dixie: thanks for the ideas.. i just went and worked out.. and teh craving is come for now.. i cant just eat some of something.. im an all or nothing kind of person... hopefully i will stick with the nothing part hahaha.. everytime i get a craving im gonna workout first and see how i feel after.. it seems to puta hold on the cravings..
mountain mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:09 PM   #34  
Goodbye Fat!

I just got through eating some great Black Eye Pea Soup, here is the recipe below.

32 oz. chicken broth
1 lb. frozen black eye peas
8 oz. of dices ham
chopped onion
15 oz can of stewed tomatoes

Put all in a pot and cook for about 90 minutes. Yummy!
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:38 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Well...so far so good today...I'm only eaten about 400 calories all day!

I'm gonna have to FORCE myself to eat something so my calories don't fall too low.....this medicine is AWESOME!

Well.....I'm gonna finish watchin my soap...."Days of our Lives" Huge fan my whole life...

and then I'm gonna work on some Chemistry home work and study for an exam I have Monday.....

I'm gonna head off to the gym after supper tonight....I plan on getting in at least 30 min on the treadmill....and W4D2 of push ups/ sit ups!
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 03:04 PM   #36  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

oh by the way Mel, I am all caught up with greys!!
mountain mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 03:08 PM   #37  

Mel~oddly, I am not hungry either!! YEAH!! So far so good.

DD and I went to a couple of food pantries. She now has a couple of days worth of food in case it gets bad and they can't get out for a few days. I got something for dinner and a couple of loaves of wheat bread:-)))). I am set also. The snow is really coming down heavy and fast. I have swept off the porch twice. After she gets home I can relax. I am soooooo glad we did not venture to Indy. I doubt we would have made it home. It is slick as greased glass out there. Catch ya all later. Pat
Old 01-27-2009, 03:10 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Haha Faux if your ever in England pop on over =D
Koshinogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:01 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 221.8/221.8/160

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ufi View Post
I had a scale dream last night. I had a doctor appointment for some reason, only it was in the middle of the grocery store. I felt bad about having to weigh in while I was on the challenge. The nurse adjusted the scale and said I weighed 154 pounds. I asked how that could be because I still looked the same. She said she must have made a mistake, weighed me again, and said that I actually weigh 284 pounds! Sure wanted to weigh this morning, but I didn't.
That is scary!! I hate having dreams of the scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma View Post
He put me on Adipex (which is a time released phentermine). It is an appitite surpressant. I was really worried about using an appitite surpressant, but he said we are gonna work on this the right way and also making sure I'm eating right.....so I'm on the Adipex for 30 days AND the alli at the same time.....I was even more reluctant about that......the Dr. told me that the deal with Alli was that your body will not absorb any of the fat from the foods you eat and instead you poop it all out.....so he said if I eat well....I won't have the effects of pooping out all the fat....sorry if this is TMI...anyways....he said it is supposed to help "train" you to eat properly!
Good Luck!! Hopefully all works good for you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma View Post
Well...so far so good today...I'm only eaten about 400 calories all day!
I'm gonna have to FORCE myself to eat something so my calories don't fall too low.....this medicine is AWESOME!
I would loooove to have to force myself to eat. Keep it up!! Let us know how the Alli is working too.

As for me I woke up with a stuffy nose/sinus pressure so I'm hoping that goes away soon. I have been eating OP today but no workout. Have a great day!

Last edited by scarahjs; 01-27-2009 at 04:02 PM.
scarahjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:11 PM   #40  

Updates: The national weather service has just put us under a winter weather advisory, extended the inches of snow to 8 inches. Said "the storm isn't going any where folks!" They would be back in 30 minutes with an update. It is getting really bad out there. We would be coming back on I 65 North about now. The traffic is crawling and there was an accident as they were showing the interstate. I am so glad I am at home safe and sound!!

I just ate my second meal of the day. I had some cottage cheese and mandrin orange slices. YUMMMMO!! When DS makes it home safely I will think about some dinner. The odd part is the snow plows have not been down he street yet. School is out, 2 blocks down the street, nothing is cleared off?? Later every one Pat
Old 01-27-2009, 04:46 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxtini View Post
oh by the way Mel, I am all caught up with greys!!
WOW that was fast! Although....it is a VERY addictive show. I think this Thursday they are supposed to have a Grey's/Private Practice combo show or something like that.....Private Practice is a spin off show of Grey's...Addison Shepard (you know from Grey's) plays Addison Montgomery (maiden name after divorce I'm assuming) on Private Practice....you probably know all that by now....PP is getting very interesting since Violet is preggo and doesn't know who the daddy is...I kinda hope it is Pete!

We will have to chat it up on Thursdays and Fridays now....LOL
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:47 PM   #42  

Mel~I have a question/problem. For breakfast I had 8 ounces of 1% milk-1/2 c frozen blueberries, 1 packet splenda, 1scoop serving of PGX. For lunch I had 1 cup 1% cottage cheese and 1/2 cup mandrin orange slices. I took 1 Alli tablet. I just had a poop problem. What did I do wrong? I didn't eat or drink anything that had a lot of fat in it. I have some adjusting to do and some learning about fat. Oprah has a thing on about over weight teens that I am watching. I might learn something from Dr. Oz. Later Pat
Old 01-27-2009, 05:14 PM   #43  
Goodbye Fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiemae View Post
Oprah has a thing on about over weight teens that I am watching. I might learn something from Dr. Oz. Later Pat
I saw the previews and definelty want to watch tonight.
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:02 PM   #44  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

Brrrrr, all that snow talk is making me cold. Actually colder, as I was already feeling cold. I can't wait until spring.

Wish they had a pill for mood eating. Hunger isn't really my problem. I'm feeling stressed and grumpy and PMSy. Grrrrrr. Starting week 4 of the pushup challenge today.
Ufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:32 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

I had a baaad eating day yesterday but I did better today. The interesting thing is I didn't really enjoy eating that much. I think I will do much better in the future.

I went to both a body sculpting and a step class tonight for a total of 105 minutes of exercise. I love getting stronger.
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote