Old 01-27-2009, 05:22 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 267.5/see siggy/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by StNessa79 View Post
"I shake my fist at you stummy illness!!"
LOL.. that is so funny!
Give 'em **** girl!!

Last edited by marimari; 01-27-2009 at 05:24 AM.
marimari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 07:24 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Good Morning Everyone~I couldn't sleep I am so congested. I thought I would say morning to ya all. We have not gotten the snow yet. The first wave is supposed to be past us now. BUT the second wave, bigger band of snow has not hit us yet. I have not heard from my sister yet, but I hope we don't go. I would have to drive us, Indy rush hour in a snow storm isn't my idea of fun.

Thank you everyone for the kind words and thoughts for my daughter. The accident stressed the whole family. Today will be a better day.

Brie~Take care of yourself. I hope your blood pressure comes down to a normal range very soon.

It sounds like a lot of us are not feeling well. I hope your stummy feels much better soon. I hope we all get past the germs and bugs and start feeling much better very soon.~~I will catch ya all later. Pat
Dixiemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:16 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ufi View Post
I had a scale dream last night. I had a doctor appointment for some reason, only it was in the middle of the grocery store. I felt bad about having to weigh in while I was on the challenge. The nurse adjusted the scale and said I weighed 154 pounds. I asked how that could be because I still looked the same. She said she must have made a mistake, weighed me again, and said that I actually weigh 284 pounds! .
that is a great dream! I am proud of you for not jumping up to weigh just to put that anxiety to rest.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:55 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Dixie, please be careful! I just saw about the ice and snow hitting and it looks bad. don't go unless you have to.

Okay I am determined to be back on track eating wise today. i am just sick of letting myself get away with too many slips...back to it! I am going to weigh in Saturday to fill in the end of the month stats in my scrapbook...I don't want any blank spots come the end of the year, so I am going to weigh in that day.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:09 AM   #20  
Goodbye Fat!

Good morning everyone, I worked out last night so I wouldn't have to get up this morning. I am liking the evening workout more and more each day. DD seems to be getting over her illness so that is great! My eating has been on plan and I have to credit it all to planning. If I plan I do well if I don't I do horrible. Well the temperature outside dropping by the minute, good thing I brought a heavy coat to work!
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:14 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 230/179/150

Height: 5'7"

dollypie--Exactly! Planning has always helped me, as well! Now I try to take carrots or an apple or something to work--this keeps me away from the employee lounge where there are always snacks and treats and such. And also helps me not order so much when lunchtime finally rolls around.

And if I plan to go to the gym after work, I bring my stuff, and shoot for a time to get there (maybe for a class or something,) and visualize the time I get home and get dinner, etc. And of course, I try now to plan what that dinner might be. It really does seem to help.......
modcat44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:29 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 214/TICKER/140

Height: 5'2 3/4 :)

Yes Pat be careful! I heard it isn't very nice out.

Faux I know this is late, but that painting is very awesome!

Ok so as for me, I think I need to start weight watchers again. I am feeling like I am getting no where. I will go back to what exactly I know will work. I have a meeting with the recruiter today and I am nervous as all get out! I know I have gained since he has been here last and I'm honestly scared he will say you are a slacker and come talk to me when you are within regulation. :O EEK. Help? Reassuring maybe?
Lackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:40 AM   #23  

Lackie~My thoughts and prayers are with you~sending you good vibes.

We are not going to Indy today!!!!!!!!! It looks like it could snow any minute. The police asked me to please move my car. I will move it and stay inside. It looks like it is going to get nasty out there. Catch ya all later. Pat
Old 01-27-2009, 10:42 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 214/TICKER/140

Height: 5'2 3/4 :)

That is a cool call Pat Whoo hoo for safety and thanks for the prayers, vibes, and all that. I NEED THEM!
Lackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:04 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone!!!!!

So, just a quick check in and an update on somethings I've been up too!

I have been having a HUGE problem with food and eating....can't seem to get through a full day YET! I think I have been through ONE!

So, I went to the Dr. yesterday and he put me on a plan....I weighed 264 at the Dr's office....so I had to come home and see if I had really gained that much weight.....my scale was at 257....so yes I have gained some BUT I'm very confident in the meeting and plan discussed with my Dr. yesterday....

I'm gonna update my ticker to reflect what the Dr.s office scales say.....I have an appointment in one month to see how things are going.

He put me on Adipex (which is a time released phentermine). It is an appitite surpressant. I was really worried about using an appitite surpressant, but he said we are gonna work on this the right way and also making sure I'm eating right.....so I'm on the Adipex for 30 days AND the alli at the same time.....I was even more reluctant about that......the Dr. told me that the deal with Alli was that your body will not absorb any of the fat from the foods you eat and instead you poop it all out.....so he said if I eat well....I won't have the effects of pooping out all the fat....sorry if this is TMI...anyways....he said it is supposed to help "train" you to eat properly!

So we will see come Feb 14th and come Feb 27th at my follow up Dr's visit!
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:12 AM   #26  

Mel~I have a bottle of Alli in the cabinet. I was afraid to use it also. If you can do it so can I. I will start using it today. The poop scare was why I didn't use it. I will re-train myself to eat better also. Thanks for the encouragement!! Pat

Ps: The bottle says to take a multi every day. I have done that. It also says take one pill with each meal containing fat. Does that mean just take one with each meal? Okay, I am on my way.

Last edited by Dixiemae; 01-27-2009 at 11:19 AM.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:33 AM   #27  

After much thought and reading the materials the doctor gave me. I have decided to finish the bottle of alli. The doctor also told me I have to get more fiber in my diet because of constipation problems. PGX is a wonderful fiber product for bowel and weight loss. I will finish the rest of the canister of that. When all my bottles are empty I will get more of each. The doctor wants me to be at 160. I think with this plan I can do it. As Mel said we will see by 2-14. This is day 1 of the plan. Thanks for the encouragement Mel!!!!! Pat
Old 01-27-2009, 12:31 PM   #28  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Mel: I think everyone ALWAYS weighs more at the doctors office. i hate climbing on those scales!! Good luck with the new plan you can doo eeeeet! hehe

I had a slight binge last nite.. i dont know what came over me.. luckily it was healthy food.. but it was in excess and late at nite. Im hoping a couple yoga booty ballet workouts will reverse the damage. I made sure notto step on the scale too... because I knew it would take my mood down

its weird because eating is the one thing i have in control.. but all i can think about is mcdonalds..for like 3 days straight. i've held back so far.. lol
i have never even liked mcdonalds before.. but there's somethin about those chicken selects.. i swear they are laced with something! heheh do i give in to the 3 day craving or keep trying to ignore it!? ahh! hehe

Last edited by mountain mama; 01-27-2009 at 12:31 PM.
mountain mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:37 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiemae View Post
Mel~I have a bottle of Alli in the cabinet. I was afraid to use it also. If you can do it so can I. I will start using it today. The poop scare was why I didn't use it. I will re-train myself to eat better also. Thanks for the encouragement!! Pat.

Yayyy...I'm kinda glad we will be doing this together.....hopefully we can help each other out!!! My doc said as long as your eating things that are low in fat you won't have the poopin' issues....he said that it blocks fat and you poop it out and that if you eat a meal that is really high in fat......like a big mac meal or some fried chicken...etc etc...he said of course the fat has no where else to go but OUT!!!! LOL! So, I think it is kinda good.....I can splurge every now and then BUT all in all I think I will be more conscience about the choices I make....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxtini View Post
Mel: I think everyone ALWAYS weighs more at the doctors office. i hate climbing on those scales!! Good luck with the new plan you can doo eeeeet! hehe

I had a slight binge last nite.. i dont know what came over me.. luckily it was healthy food.. but it was in excess and late at nite. Im hoping a couple yoga booty ballet workouts will reverse the damage. I made sure notto step on the scale too... because I knew it would take my mood down

its weird because eating is the one thing i have in control.. but all i can think about is mcdonalds..for like 3 days straight. i've held back so far.. lol
i have never even liked mcdonalds before.. but there's somethin about those chicken selects.. i swear they are laced with something! heheh do i give in to the 3 day craving or keep trying to ignore it!? ahh! hehe
I hear you about the dr. scales...they suck :P

Don't worry about the binge! It happens and at least it was healthy food...LOL! I think your right...a few yoga booty ballets will take care of that splurge and you will be back on track!

As for the McD's........they are laced....with LOTS of FAT and CALORIES.....LOL!!!!! Maybe you can go to the store and buy some frozen chicken strips and bake them in the oven??? Maybe you will get your "chicken strip" fix and your waist won't have to suffer???
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:44 PM   #30  

Faux~Can you make your own version of McD?? It would be healthier and probably taste much better too! If you are strong, get one eat a few bites to satisfy the craving, then throw the rest away?? Some times I can do that, other times temptation is too strong and it would be a dieters diaster.

DD and I are going out for a while. She needs to get her mind off of things. She is so depressed right now. The van has been declaired a total loss. He is being a butt head about it. Catch ya all later. Pat