Old 01-28-2009, 11:41 AM   #61  
Goodbye Fat!

bjeweled, what week are you on for the c25k? I am starting next week
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:54 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Brie~I live near Purdue Univ. It never closes, it doesn't cancel classes. For your class to be canceled you must have some really bad weather! I am glad your detox is going well. I go to the doctor on the 10th, I am excited to see how this new plan is working. Good luck to you Brie!

Knob~Your kitten sounds so cute. I have 4 cats myself. My oldest will be 11 yo soon. Can you send a pix for us to see him??

Dollypie~Hope you are feeling better soon. This crud that is going around is awful!

Abby~Are you okay?

It has quit snowing, the sun is shinning brightly!! I might venture out in an hour or so. Traffic has picked up conciderably. More snow is supposed to be on the way. I seen some footage of Pudacah Ky. They really got it worse than we did, they had ice and sleet. Fauxtini is in Ky I hope you are okay. Some places in Ky are without electricity. Catch ya all later. Pat
Dixiemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:21 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 221.8/221.8/160

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjeweled View Post
but i will say that i had amzing amounts of energy, i wasnt hungry as much and i lost weight while using. this was in 2005. i used it for a few months. i did have dry mouth all the time, i was jittery sometimes and could feel my heart jumping out of my chest but nothing too serious.
I think some of those side affects would have made me stop using that stuff. But at least you had good results with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StNessa79 View Post
My stummy is feeling better - thanks for all the well wishes. I was able to work out longer & with more intensity today than last night. I did my hour - 2 mile WATP, flex & flow yoga & pilates abs. It felt great. Tomorrow is usually one of my days off but I'm going to work out since I've been off for awhile already.
Glad your feeling better. When I'm sick I hate working out, kudos to you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygirl View Post
Hey girls! I'm sorry I've been so neglectful lately! Everything's going good on my end... I had an ultra sound on Monday - and found that I'm actually only 8 weeks along (instead of the 9 I thought). Not a big deal - my cycle's always been screwy!
That just gives you an extra week to prepare now Hope you start feeling better. The 2nd trimester is right around the corner!!!

Well I once again didn't get up to workout today. I feel bad about it, but for some reason I have been soooooo tired in the mornings. I just need to get my butt moving again. I am still eating OP. We had about 3 inches of snow this morning, so I got a little workout shoveling out my car and sidewalks. Well have a great day everyone!!!
scarahjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:35 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

I'm SO thankful that I have 4 weeks left until the 2nd trimester. i remember things completely turning around then when i had DD.

I've been feeling a lot better then afternoon which is nice. Maybe I'll have the energy to get some stuff done today!

Dixie - sorry I've been MIA - It stinks but I'll hopefully be on more!!

Shari I'm sorry you're so down love!!! I completely feel you on the junk food bine - what I ate 2 days ago would AMAZE you!!! It was BAD!!!

alright - off for more work... & & for all!!!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 02:11 PM   #65  
Goodbye Fat!

ok a healthy lunch today salad and sandwich instead of a chicken tender basket
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 02:37 PM   #66  

Eny~So glad to hear from you!!!!!!! It had been several days, I was beginning to wonder if you were okay-or snowed in. I had a very off week last week, a lot of us have been struggling. Take care of yourself and the little one. How is Hunter??

Dolly~Proud of you girlfriend!!!

Last edited by Dixiemae; 01-28-2009 at 02:38 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:47 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
I'm SO thankful that I have 4 weeks left until the 2nd trimester. i remember things completely turning around then when i had DD.

I've been feeling a lot better then afternoon which is nice. Maybe I'll have the energy to get some stuff done today!
Just keep in mind that EVERY pregnancy is different. I'm not trying to bring you down or anything.....just don't want you to get disappointed!

I KNEW I was pregnant when I wanted to go to bed every night at 7pm...everyone said it would get better but IT NEVER DID! I wanted to sleep the whole nine months and I probably could have...LOL!

BUT I also was NEVER sick unless I got up too early in the morning or if I stayed up too late?????? Don't ask me how that worked but anyways.....

And like I would be hungry but nothing sounded good to me....so I lost ALOT of weight...I only gained 4 pounds the whole pregnancy! Which was GREAT considering she was almost a 10 pounder!!! LOL!

She was worth all of it!

Eny it won't be long you'll be feeling the baby move! That is when it really becomes SPECIAL! And Joe can feel it too...so it really includes him more and makes things real for him too....and Hunter too!

You'll be holding that baby before you know it.....counting 10 little fingers and 10 little toes.....wondering what color eyes he/she is going to have....enjoy it while it lasts because before long they are independant little 2 year olds that won't let you hold them and love on them...LOL!

Last edited by McKenziesmomma; 01-28-2009 at 02:49 PM.
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 04:48 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Hello girls!

Just checkin in, Im at the hospital and thought id take advantage of the internet access. My eating hasnt been very good but hasnt been bad the whoooole time. I havent exercised except the scrubbing of my grandmas house and walking around the hospital.

Melissa- I had the same problem as you....The chinese buffett. LOL.
I also took Adipex, remember those pills you gave me a hard time about. Well you kept telling me to be careful. I personally didnt like them. I did have more energy at first but it only really last for about 2 weeks and then your suppose to take a break because you body gets used to them real fast. I didnt really lose much weight and I had alot of headaches at first. I actually just threw the bottle away like 2 weeks ago. Maybe you will have better luck. I was always scared of Alli because of the poop problem.

Hope everyone made it ok through all the bad winter weather alot of us have had. I think they said only like 14 states werent under any weather advisories. Well talk to you all later..
heather1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 05:30 PM   #69  
PHILLIES - WS CHAMPS!

S/C/G: H: 265/S: 263/C: 213/ G: 150

Height: 5'8

Hi ladies!

*hugs* to all of you, especially Jason's Lea!

Today, school as canceled because of the ice so I didn't have to work both of my jobs. Today was supposed to be a big birthday party for the kids in my afterschool program but because school is off, it was canceled. I have batches of chocolate chip and oatmeal scotchie cookies here but instead of mindlessly munching all day (i did have some), I froze most of the cookies so when they do have it, I won't have to bake some more and play russian roulette with staying on plan, I can just defrost them.

I also have that good old monthly friend who is, for the first time ever, depressing my appetite. I have no desire to eat. None. But I'm forcing myself to eat at least 1400 calories each day so my body doesn't go into starvation mode.
sexybrokechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:53 PM   #70  

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather1979 View Post
Hello girls!

Melissa- I had the same problem as you....The chinese buffett. LOL.
I also took Adipex, remember those pills you gave me a hard time about. Well you kept telling me to be careful. I personally didnt like them. I did have more energy at first but it only really last for about 2 weeks and then your suppose to take a break because you body gets used to them real fast. I didnt really lose much weight and I had alot of headaches at first. I actually just threw the bottle away like 2 weeks ago.
Did you get your Adipex from the Dr.? I got mine from on online drug store that time I took them and they sucked.....made me feel really BAD! They worked at first and then I got immune to them like you said.....Dr. Berry said it isn't possible to get "immune" to these....he said some of the side effects subside after a week or so (jitters, irritable, etc.....which I haven't had any of). He said there is a possiblity that the ones I got off that website were not real Adipex....he said some of the not-so-legit ones send crap....and then the REAL ones actually call your dr. and if you don't have a Rx for them then they send you a GNC over the counter version of it......

Doc is putting me on them for 3 months on and 1 month off...then 3 months on 1 month off.....we will see how they work!

I'm optimistic!
Old 01-28-2009, 07:57 PM   #71  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

Oh, I so sympathize with wanting to eat when you're dealing with loss and "friend" problems. Honestly, sometimes I think I've dealt with friend problems because I haven't been a good enough friend to myself in deciding who I allow in my life. Part of that caretaking of me, picking good foods and good people.

I'm planning to start the Cto5K on Sunday because that'll have my "running" day be on a day opposite my regular pushup day, when I'm supposed to be doing the strength exercises. Plus, it'll make me feel better about facing Super Bowl Sunday foods. I'm bringing healthy food to the party, but there will be such temptation in the form of chips. I do love chips.
Ufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:28 PM   #72  

I made french toast for dinner. I beat 2 eggs with a splash of milk and cinnamon. Sprayed Pam in the skillet. I "fried" 2 slices of bread that had been dipped in the egg mixture. I put sugar free syrup on them. NO butter or such. The first piece went down great. The second slice did not go down. It came back up in the bathroom. This is so unlike me. I don't know what is going on. I did eat a bowl of lentil soup after my stummy settled down. I had a blueberry "milkshake" for breakfast- yogurt for a snack-1 cup cottage cheese with mandrin slices-12 crackers-2 cup lentil soup today-64 ounces of water. I don't know if I should count the french toast since most of it didn't stay down?? Dunno??? Everyone have a good night. Pat
Old 01-28-2009, 10:55 PM   #73  

S/C/G: H-238/S-213/C-198/G-150

Height: 5'6"

i have not been so good about getting on here much lately i came to my mom's today because she is having knee surgery tomorrow. SO... no elliptical here. i brought the 30DS tho and i did it tonight then week 2 day 2 of the sit-ups and push-ups. My wrists are killing me from all of the push-ups. grrr. great tasting food here to, but not always so healthy. I am trying tho. the worst part is that my grandma has to weigh herself every morning and the scale is in the kitchen. i have been so tempted to weigh, but i wont. i knew before i came that the scale would be the hardest part. i think i will have to look up the old walk away the pounds videos to do here since i have no elliptical. i also got a polar f11 heart rate monitor last week. i am so excited about it. still trying to figure out how to make it work. lol. i think i mess up the "own zone" some how. gotta go, since i gotta get up early! hope everyone is doing well!
alexs hot momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:17 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Mel - just you wait.. one day they turn into completely independant 7 year olds, and when you ask what they need you around for they reply "I can't drive yet mom!"

I know every pregnancy is different - but if I don't perk up soon I'm not going to be able to function come September!!! I don't believe that starving yourself is a good way to prepare for a diet - and I don't believe that complete lack of sleep is good way to prepare for disrupted nights after a newborn comes.

I honestly hate being pregnant - I just LOVE being a mom more then anything in the world. It is worth it.. and we'll have a TON of fun! Another 6-8 weeks and I'll feel the baby move, and a few weeks after that we'll find out what we're having... then the fun really begins for me! I LOVE decorating and buying stuff for the baby.

Alright - i'm off for now... have some work to get done - and hopefully I'll be able to take tomorrow off!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:48 AM   #75  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiemae View Post
The second slice did not go down. It came back up in the bathroom. This is so unlike me. I don't know what is going on. I did eat a bowl of lentil soup after my stummy settled down.
Hmmm....didn't you say the ex had been coming around alot lately....we aren't expecting anything...like say in 9 months???

Quote:
Mel - just you wait.. one day they turn into completely independant 7 year olds, and when you ask what they need you around for they reply "I can't drive yet mom!"

I know every pregnancy is different - but if I don't perk up soon I'm not going to be able to function come September!!! I don't believe that starving yourself is a good way to prepare for a diet - and I don't believe that complete lack of sleep is good way to prepare for disrupted nights after a newborn comes.
I know what you mean....it is sad they grow up so fast...I mean I think every stage has its wonderful milestones....but with every thing you gain it seems you lose something

Starving yourself IS NOT good...especially if you are pregnant...you need all the nutrition you can get.....trust me I never starved myself...LOL! And I never lost enough weight during pregnancy that my dr. was ever concerned about mine or the baby's health...you have to keep in mind I weigh ALOT more than you.....so losing 15 - 20 pounds was actually a little beneficial to my pregnancy I think.....I couldn't have imagined being any bigger at 9 months...ha ha ha!!!!

I feel you on the sleeping thing...I SWEAR...there were days I just wanted to freakin' die.....I used to beg my boss to let me go to my car and take a nap! LOL! She never let me, but seriously remember being tired all the time. I can sympatize with you there

Hopefully the worst will be behind you soon! We sure miss you here!