Old 09-03-2007, 12:07 PM   #31  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

I'm in. After six months of plateau I could use a challenge to get things moving again. My goal will be 25 pounds, which will put me in the 180s. I would LOVE to be in the 180s by Christmas! I have a vacation in there as well, but I'm planning to work out every day of my vacation and not go crazy with the food, so I think I can do it.

Nice to see some other people here doing Couch to 5K as well. I'm stuck on week 5 (for the second time), but I'm going to conquer it eventually.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:17 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 159/TICKER/110

Height: 5'1

Welcome thistoo- Great goal, where ya going for your vacation? I too am going on a short vacation to the oast and I wanna look good. I hope the hotel has a fitness room.

Well I'll be here later to lat yall know how I did today. I'm planning to do great. I will do great!
ShyShy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 03:29 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Y'all, I am SO proud of myself. Went home to my parents' for the long weekend, and LOST a pound! I have never LOST over a long weekend before, but this time I was conscious of my portions and got out for a loooong walk on Sunday, so hooray! Now I'm back to what my ticker says, after a short detour. Yay!!
practiceliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 04:57 PM   #34  

Practiceliving. WOOHOO that's some good dicapline.
I'm struggling with getting past 155, getrting real anxious to see 154 on that scale, on the 10th I will have been on my diet for 1 month, so far I have lost 4 lbs, definatly would have liked it to have been more, maybe in the next 6 days I can lose 2 more lbs and that will be 6 lbs in 4 weeks.

This weekend was hard on me, we had my honeys family reunion so I wanted something nice to wear, went shopping, went into the dressing room with 10 items, everything I took in was too small. I could have just cried right there. I ended up just leaving with just a pai of sun glasses.

Last edited by ShyShy19; 09-04-2007 at 06:15 PM. Reason: to add
Old 09-04-2007, 07:36 PM   #35  

Is it too late to jump in? A Christmas challenge would be GREAT! This is the time of year I start losing steam. 25 pounds by then seems a perfectly reasonable goal!
luja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:53 PM   #36  

Definatly not too late Luja, welcome!

So who will be watching the new season of The Biggest Loser, it starts tonight?
Old 09-05-2007, 12:53 PM   #37  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

I watched Biggest Loser last night. I love that show so it was nice to see some familiar faces. I miss Caroline, though (and not just because we share a name!)

ShyShy, I'm going to The Bahamas in October, but there's a gym on the cruise ship and healthy meal choices, so I should be okay. I went on a cruise last November and didn't gain, so fingers crossed! I plan to work out every day on vacation, though I might not eat as well as usual every day. Usually I don't drink at all, but I probably will on vacation.

I'm down a pound already, though, so I'm off to a good start. Frankly, it's just nice to see the scale moving again after so long.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 07:31 PM   #38  

I watched Biggest Loser last night too. I am glad Jillian's back. She's the kind of personal trainer I'd need - a kick me in the behind, no excuses sort of a person.

My exercise goal is 1500 minutes this month and I am at 270/1500. I just started the Couch to 5k thing too! My daughter and I plan to do a 5k on Christmas Day. I'll be doing a 3-mile charity walk for the Alz. Association at the end of the month.

Food was OP today. I didn't get on the scales though, I am retaining water.
luja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 08:30 PM   #39  

I watched The Biggest Loser too, wasn't it inspiring? I can't wait till next Tuesday and we get to meet all the new people.

Thistoo-congrats on the lost pound, keep it going!
Luja-You seem so organized, keeping track of you exercise minutes and stuff, I just hope I get the chance to do at least 40 minutes a day. Wont it feel so good to be doing 5k by Christmas.

This Couch to 5 k thing seems to be getting real popular, I have a 3 year old, a fiance that works 14 hrs a day and I hate pushing a stroller while trying to jog, so I don't do much of the outdoors exercising unless the 3 of us are just going for a leisurly walk to the park or something.

I'm proud of myself for the day though, this might not seem like a big deal but it is to me. I did my whole Tae bo workout, I havn't done this in a LONG time.
I know I will be soooo sore i the morning.
COME ON I WANNA SEE 154 ON THE SCALE!

BTW- We had alot more ladies in this challenge, whet happened to em'?

Last edited by ShyShy19; 09-05-2007 at 08:32 PM.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:23 AM   #40  

GO ME! GO ME! GO ME!
I lost another pound now I'm 154 YAY!!!
I was 154.8 so I gotta work my buns off to stay at 154.
Now I cant wait to see 153.
I love updating my ticker, then I'm off to Tae bo.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:34 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 254/219/150

Height: 5'7"

Default I am in!!

I would love to join in on our Christmas challenge!! I would like to lose 30 more pounds by Christmas!! I figure the only way I am going to do it is to get off the computer and put on my walking shoes!! I think my boys are ready for a walk!! Wish me luck!!
uberphat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 12:32 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Height: 5'2"

Hey, I'd like to join too! I'd like to be AT GOAL by Christmas (how exciting!). I lost 11 pounds over the summer. 19 more pounds to go!!

So I'd need to lose 19 pounds by Christmas and that would put me at 120. I haven't been that weight in a long time...since senior year in high school, which was about 4 years ago. I know I can do it! I'm in dance again, so hopefully dance will keep me motivated to keep going...Lord knows I don't want to have to go on stage looking like a blimp come June!

So what are the rules for this challenge? Do we need to come here each day to let everyone know what we ate and our exercise and stuff? (I kind of just skimmed through the posts, so sorry if you already said the rules or whatever) Do we have a weigh in day or can it be any day? I'm excited to get started and to get to know you ladies. Gotta go make a new ticker. Have a great day all!
LaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:45 PM   #43  

Uberphat- Welcome to the Christmas challenge, 30 lbs is a great goal for Christmas, what a merry christmas that would be huh? Good luck on the walk!

LaBonita- You can definatly lose 19 pounds by christmas!
We never really set rules for the challenge. I come here everyday and tell how my day has been, most days I also post everything I ate and the exercise I did, it keeps me accountable. I seem to be the only one who does that though.
As far as weighing in, for the most part I thin everyone here pretty much weighs themselves every day, I myself am a scale junkie, I weigh myself probably 5 times a day which is totally rediculous but oh well.
We all report here with every pound lost.
I hope this plan of not so much of a plan works for ya LOL.

I'll be checking in here later this evening to let you all know how I did today.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:57 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 283/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Hi all...sorry I have been MIA....I have lost a few pounds so that makes me feel good even though TOM is just arriving. I have been drinking a ton of water over the 64 oz min a day so that is great....I have not been peeing as much as I thought that I would have been so maybe that tells me that my body really needs the water that I have been giving it. Well hopefully the rainy season is about over here real quick so that I can continue my walking since the Apt's here in Korea are too tiny to do anything in! I did go out and walk tonight for about 40 min after the rain stopped and I am going to try to keep getting 40 min everyday. I feel like it is getting easier to walk everyday! Well hope you all have a good day while I go to sleep!
Utahgirl1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 04:15 PM   #45  

glad to see you back Utahgirl, I hope the rain stops for ya.