Old 08-30-2007, 12:14 PM   #16  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

practiceliving - I am on the island; in Nanaimo.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:53 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 159/TICKER/110

Height: 5'1

Practiceliving- don't start feeling bad about the 1 pound gain, it could be all sorts of different things. For one thing it sounds like you have been pretty active so I'd be willing to bet you've replaced some og the fat with some heavier muscle.
Also have ya been eating a lot of salt lately, I usually retain water and gain a bit of water weight whenever I've been eating a lot of salt.

HAVE A GREAT FAT BUTT KICKIN DAY LADIES.
ShyShy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:40 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Sotypical - yay for sort-of-local 3FCers! I grew up in Victoria, and I miss living on the Island a lot.

Shy - I think it's a combo of the increased activity and too much sodium this week. Hopefully things will turn around over the next week!
practiceliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 03:02 PM   #19  

Anyone else want to join the Christmas challenge???
Old 08-30-2007, 11:23 PM   #20  

Ok here's my day

B: Slim Fast and sunflower seeds
S: 1'2 apple w/ aprox. 1 tsp peanut butter
L: 1/2 egg salad sandwhich $ whole grain tortilla with steames zuccini inside
S: 2 boneless skinless chicken breast strips w/ bbq
D: 1/2 spicy chicken sand. from Carl's Jr
Des: 1/2 of a 100 cal chocolate wafer

Exercise: Not much I just got down in the floor and did some sit ups and leg lifts while I watched my soap.

I could have done better today, but I feel good about everything.
I'm looking forward to seeing 154 on the scale here soon.
Hope everyone did well today.

It's not too late ladies to join the challenge!
Old 08-31-2007, 07:41 AM   #21  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

Good morning Shy Shy!! Your're taking the first step in keeping yourself accountable...I know it can be a pain exercising but even bumping up those leg lifts to jumping jacks, or dancing around with your child will be more efficient in burning calories than leg lifts and crunches...

And if you want to bump up the loss even more....my suggestion would be to try and eat (at minimum) 5 big servings of raw veggies or fruit. The fiber fills you up!

I hope you don't mind that I stuck in my two cents here.
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:19 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 283/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Thanks Shy Moment for the will power dust! I am tired of looking yucky and not feeling sexy. That is why I put the playboy bunny as my avatar because I want to be able to feel sexy and look at myself and say WOW I am 100 times hotter and sexier than any of those girls!
Utahgirl1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:36 AM   #23  

Thanks everyone for all the great advice and encouragment, no wonder I can't stay away from this place even for one day.
I'm going to exercise more today and get some more cardio in.
I HATE EXERCISE. I'm so much better at dieting then exercise but I do realize that for the results I want, doing both is absolutly neccessary.
I hope everyone has a spectacular day.

I have a job here at home and part of it is taking calls, anyone have any creative ideas as to how I could burn some more cals when I'm on the phone?

I'll be back here tonight to post what I ate for the day.
(this helps me, becasue its embarrassing to come and post that you pigged out all day on junk food)
Old 09-02-2007, 02:29 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 140/127/115

Height: 5'4"

I'm up for it, I was going to join the Thanksgiving challenge but I think this will help me stay motivated through out the entire holiday season. My goal for Christmas is to reach my main goal which means to lose 20lbs and to be anywhere between a size 4-6 right now I'm a 7/8 with the 8s being very loose, but it's all I have.
ButterflyDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 03:13 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 225/170/140

Height: 5'2

I'm new, and I'm in...whoooohoooo. I would like to find that mistletoe this year, and be in about 20-30 pounds lighter...ok. Sept 1. we start today..I think I will add some carrots...very cute...

red
221red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 03:41 AM   #26  

Well today has been going very good for me....gonna try to go out and walk....I also entered into the Biggest Loser competition and hopefully by Christmas I am going to be looking smoking HOT!!!! So now it is off to..... Oh ya feel the burn....feel the burn! LOL
Old 09-02-2007, 04:58 AM   #27  

Talking

Well I just got done walking for 30 min!!!! At least that is a start and hopefully should be getting better soon...I am sure it will help inspire me once I start taking off some pounds!
Old 09-02-2007, 11:14 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all, Sorry I haven't posted for a few days. We decided to have a garage sale late Wednesday night and didn't have anything ready. But we got enough junk gathered and made it worth our time to have the sale, but boy was I tired. I didn't eat very healthy either. I did stay in my calorie range (calorie counter) but I didn't make the best choices.

Utahgirl, great job on the 30 minutes...keep up the good work. I've joined the biggest loser as well, cant wait for it to get started. Maybe we'll be on the same team so you can keep me in line

Welcome, 221red and ButterflyDiva

Practiceliving: thanks for the info on couch to 5k, I started running at the end of July...only a minute and a half before I had to stop,but now I'm up to thirteen minutes.. I try to run every other day, cuz my muscles cant handle doing it everyday. Ultimate goal: running at least 5 miles nonstop.

ShyShy: which soap do you watch? I watch or used to watch Days, Y&R, and sometimes As the world turns. Now I hardly ever see any of those shows.

Well I suppose I better go get something done before the hubby comes home from his golf outing.

Have a great day

Bridgette.

dream710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 11:52 AM   #29  

WELCOME BUTTERFLY DIVE AND 221RED, both of your goals sound very exciting.

Utahgirl, wat to go on the walking, I didn't do any exercise in the last few days and it's really slowing my weight loss down. You go girl!

Dream: at least you stayed in your calorie range, we can't eat perfect everyday, at least I can't lol.

Ugh Labor day weekend has been bad for my weight loss plans.
I guess I shouldn't be baming the holiday, it's my fault.
Whenever I'm around my honey all weekend or family, I eat whatever I want.
So since Friday I havn't exercised or reallt dieted at all. I didn't quite gain a pound back but almost did, I'm going to have to get my butt in gear and in shape.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:00 PM   #30  

Well my eating was okay today.....until I got home and had a PB&J snack....but I did manage to walk for 40 min today so that is good! Well gotta keep pressing forward if I want to make it to my goal by X-MAS!