Old 01-24-2014, 09:01 AM   #211  
~Erin~

S/C/G: see siggy :)

Height: 5'6

Day 26: 1,682/2000
I decided to play around with my calorie goal some. When I was at 1800 I hovered around 1400-1500 a day. Maybe at 2000, I will bring up my daily to 1700-1800. Will see how the week goes.
edoetsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:03 AM   #212  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

Just wanted to pop in here and say im still doing really well. I wish I had more time for personals.

Yesterday was 1440 calories and a 45 minute step aerobics workout.
Today will be slightly higher calories, around 1600 and I already did a full body free weights workout following a dvd ( Cathe Friedrich Power Hour).

Congrats to those losing GOOD FOR YOU!

have a great day
misspriss78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:32 AM   #213  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalCounter1003 View Post
Nice surprise that I was down 1 pound this AM, after posting last night that I was the same all week.

PaisleyMama - I know exactly what you mean. That didn't happen to me this diet, but all previous diets I would get around 170-175 and feel pretty good. I would fit into a 14 which I am okay with and even though that was still overweight, I just couldn't keep going. When I started this diet in July my goal was 165 but I really didn't think I would get below the 170 because I hadn't been there is over 24 years (pre-kids). I have no idea why this time I got below the 172 and now even lower. I'm still in shock myself over it. Sometimes something just clicks in the brain, or it is the right time in our lives, not sure. But you know your body best and if you think you need to slow down, you are probably right.
Good morning! Good news is I'm down another pound this morning, my official weigh-in morning. Bad news it was a rough day yesterday - my 22 yr old son was in a car accident. It wasn't a bad one and thankfully he's okay. Very hard on a mom's nerves.
I understand what you mean as well about becoming "comfortable" with your weight and slacking off the dieting. This happened to me last time 3 years ago. I had lost about 50 lbs and was down to 185 wearing size 14. If I had stayed there I would have been okay with that I think, but my problem was that it slowly started to come back. I really hadn't made all the lifestyle changes I needed to make to keep it off. I'm hoping this time with taking it off more slowly and going all the way to my goal, it will ingrain those good habits into my life.
It's supposed to be a beautiful weekend here on the west coast so my goal is to get plenty of walking in. Have a great day everyone - TGIF!
kaarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:04 AM   #214  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Yesterday was a bust. I stayed up too late, and I think that one of my biggest binge triggers is tiredness. I was trying to stay up and wait for my BF to come home from work and I ended up eating WAY WAY too many dried cranberries and a toasted kaiser bun with too much butter Pushed me over by 600 calories or so. The scale was kind enough to stay the same this morning though. I'm going to try for better today!

Last edited by Silverfire; 01-24-2014 at 10:31 AM.
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:38 PM   #215  

Height: 5'7''

calcounter good ideas for keeping my mind off the sweet stuff in the evenings, prior to christmas I was busy stitching christmas decorations so I'll have to find something similar that I enjoy.. I think I'll raid Pinterest for crafty ideas :-) and definitely go to Edinburgh !! It's totally beautiful. If you get the chance download the film "sunshine on leith" it came out this year and it shows Edinburgh in its true light!!

merstopher I love aubergines (as we call them!.. I always thought eggplant was one of my favourite UK/USA translations.. Just makes me think of a tree sprouting eggs!!)

Where about's are you guys all from?

I had a pretty good day calorie wise, (I keep saying that! I need to be saying I had a REALLY good day!) I'm gonna go for a run tomorrow, my first of the YEAR! Now I have found my shin sleeves I should be able to run with a reasonably low risk of my shin splints stopping me again. Really looking forward to it and I know from past experience that I've always struggled losing weight nevermind how little I eat, for me exercise is the only thing that drops the number on the scale.

I'm so glad it's the weekend - turning my alarm off feels so good!! Sleeeeepy!
:-) Kx
NewKate2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:51 PM   #216  

S/C/G: 174.2/148.6/145

Height: 5'7"

1188 for calories today! I'm going with Dory's attitude. "Just keep swimming" It's hard for me because every time I tell someone I'm counting calories I get the old "what, you don't need to lose weight" um, yes I do, muffin tops rolls and legs rubbing together say that I do, PLUS I feel so large. I'm the one that looks in the mirror in the am and sees what my winter wardrobe hides from you. I wonder if they think they are being complimentary? IDK. I guess I think to much.

long winded rant over...
diamond_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:28 PM   #217  
~Erin~

S/C/G: see siggy :)

Height: 5'6

Day 27: 1820/2000
Treated myself to a small chocolate shake from McDonald's today. And was surprised at now satisfied I was with a small, since a month ago it would have been a super size. Even planed my calories around it. Also got my hot air popcorn machine delivered. Figured it was a healthier option than the microwaved kind or using oil on the stove. Making small changes here and it seems to be working well.
edoetsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:38 PM   #218  

I do that edoetsch1. I know that I'm going to indulge so I plan the rest of the day around it. Then I get the nom nom and still stay within my calories.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:57 AM   #219  

Height: 5'7''

Morning all!!
I'm feeling mega perky this morning lol. Went for a run first thing, went around 4.5km. It was really hard going because I am so out of the habit but I'm looking forward to going 3 times a week again :-)
I'm also another 1.6lbs down this morning! Woohoo! 185.8lbs. That's 5.6lbs gone since the start of January. I'd really like to have met my mini goal of 7lbs lost by the end of the month.

Going out tonight for a burns night supper - haggis, neeps and tatties!! (That's haggis, turnip and potatoes to you non-Scottish folk lol) so I will be going for mimimum potion size, skipping on the alcohol and making up for it over the rest of today same as you guys diamondgirl and edoetsch :-)

Hope you all have a great day!
NewKate2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:33 AM   #220  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

oh my! newkate! I would have to pack a basket for that supper!

Eggplants are pretty plants, and I love the color. Even better than the "egg"plant is the brain tree: http://www.sierrapotomac.org/W_Needh...nge_041114.htm (osage orange tree). The fruit looks like greenish brains!

Still keeping calories around 1000-1100. And the slope on my excel graph is going steadily downward, so I'm loathe to change anything.

Keep swimmin' everybody!

Last edited by SeeMyFeet; 01-25-2014 at 11:41 AM.
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 02:42 PM   #221  

Edoetsch - That's what I LOVE about calorie counting! We can choose to have something like a shake and just adjust the rest of the food. Also, if you overeat one day, it's not like you are really going to gain a pound unless you ate 3500 calories over what you burned! I have been on so many diets with weird restrictions. Even though I did South Beach (several times!) I always thought it was ridiculous I could eat a bunch of meat and not an apple. And a year ago I was doing the 17 Day Diet and there was this rule that you couldn't eat any of your few tiny carbs after 2pm. So teaching all day, of course, I would forget to eat before 2! So when the kids left at 3, I'd eat the apple, or whatever and feel like I blew the diet! You are doing great!

Kaarin - Sorry about your son and thank goodness he was okay! My kids are 23 and 20, and my DD, 20, had a small wreck the week of her HS graduation. She was okay except for being sore, but it was SO scary to get that call. DD lives in NYC now and although I worry about her, because we never stop worrying, I don't have to worry about her getting in a car accident (unless she's in a cab I suppose - which she can't afford!!). When my DS was in college he had a car with him and it was just a constant worry. You are lucky like me to be in an area where the whether is nice so get your walking in!

Silverfire & everyone else! Regarding you eating because you stayed up late... I am listening to WillPower (http://www.amazon.com/Willpower-Redi.../dp/0143122231) . I guess it was a best seller but I had never heard of it. I like to listen to books in the car on the way to school and so does my DH. He listened to it and gave it to me. Anyway, there is a section on how when we lack sleep our will power is diminished! That is SO me. Also a big section on PMS and what that does to us. I know it's just these author's opinion and research but it is very interesting. I only get 5-6 hours a sleep during the school year M-F and then I sleep a lot on the weekends. I am going to really try to get to bed earlier this week! During the summer, I naturally stay up until 1am or later and sleep in. My poor DH gets up and gets out while I sleep through it all. One small advantage of teaching! Anyway, I'm only 1/3rd through the book but it is quite interesting and my DH says there is a section on dieting. A lot of it is stuff we already knew but there are some enlightening things brought up.

NewKate - I'll look for that movie! Love foreign films! Haggis - doesn't sound good to me but the junk we eat in America probably doesn't sound good to you!

Diamond-Girl - yes what is the deal with people telling us what we should weigh! I am having that start to happen to me now. I NEVER tell anyone that they don't need to lose more. I just say "you look great". I have several teachers I work with who keep commenting on my weight and it is a little bit uncomfortable. I think they mean well, but I want to just be invisible. I'm doing it just for me to be healthy and feel good. When they say something I usually dismiss it except for to say "thanks I feel great". I think I am just more sensitive to the comments because I have been dieting for more than half my life!

SeeMyFeet- Great that the scale is moving! So glad!!! I know you were frustrated for a while. It will come off! I don't think I want one of those fruits.

Merstopher - awesome job losing 1/2 a pound a day! You are lucky to be tall! My DS is 6'7" and my DD is 6'2"! DH is 6'4", although I think he has shrunk because my DD is just about even with him.

My scale actually said I was down another pound today but I think it was because I slept SO late. So I'm not recording it. Plus, it is impossible (for me at this point) to go down a pound Friday and then Saturday. Today is DD's birthday and he wanted a carrot cake from a local bakery. I tried to look up the calories and it said about 700 per slice. I'll eat a piece because we have this silly rule that you have to eat birthday cake for good luck. It's not my rule, it's my MIL's rule and she is a food pusher so I think that's why she made it up. She means well... but you know how it is! She's great though! Carrot cake doesn't temp me, I only like CHOCOLATE desserts!

Have a great weekend everyone! Walk a little bit! Just one mile will help!
CalCounter1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 03:34 PM   #222  

S/C/G: 232/197/145

I have just started calorie counting day 8 today.

Cal/carb/protein/fat
1311/128/63.5/57.7
1266/99.5/54/65.7
884/101.7/36.1/92.2
1093/113/43/44
835/106/31.5/30.4
1332/116.8/61.9/53.7
1179/145.4/58.7/42.4

I am obsessing on labels and find myself stopping from eating if I have to write it down. Portion control is harder than I thought. 50lbs to go. I will do this!
FatAbbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:33 PM   #223  

1398 today, but I shoveled snow for 170 minutes (OMG, my shirt was soaked under my jacket and sweatshirt) The stupid snow was drifting so there were places that had almost a foot of snow. I have a two car drive with a rear entry garage that has a huge parking pad. I thought I would never be done. LOL afterwards I soaked in the bath with Epson salts.

CalCounter: OMG 700 for a slice. I don't like carrot cake, but what in the world so they put in there??
Kate: Haggis? is that an acquired taste?
Abbi: what were you doing before you started calorie counting?
Old 01-25-2014, 07:28 PM   #224  

S/C/G: 232/197/145

I did medifast for 55 out of the 79, and straight Atkins fir the other 24.
FatAbbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:53 PM   #225  
"Evolution Required"

S/C/G: 250/Ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Just now discovering this thread, but counting calories has done well for me in the past two months. I started out the month at 1650cals, bumped up to 1750 mid-month, and I am back down to 1500cals until I lose my next 5lbs, and then after that will go back up much slower this time. Yeah I do a lot of jumping around . But it appears to work for me right now--I'll tell you when it doesn't . Today I was able to stay under 1500cals, I even indulged a bit, we had takeout from a local Jamaican restaurant. I am currently as of today at 229.1 and really hoping I see below that tomorrow .
MarliQQ is offline   Reply With Quote