Screen Name: Keanu Smith

Age/Age Range: 30years

Family Life: Single

Hobbies and Interests:Listening to Music, Blogging about health

Favorite Music: Hip Hop and Rocking

Favorite Color(s):Blue, Maroon, Green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:Gymimg and Cardio

What are your fitness/health goals? Health is Wealth. So take Care

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Running at urgent situation

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Food

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Avoid Food, Regular Exercise and Avoid laziness

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Tom Cruise

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Skin Tight Clothes

Old 01-08-2011, 06:47 PM   #183  

Screen Name: Stacey911

Age/Age Range: 37

Family Life: Mom of 3: Daughter is 20, Son is 15- (16 in 2 weeks), and lil guy is almost 3.

Hobbies and Interests:Love to spend time with the kids, taking the little guy to the park, Movies, games, music

Favorite Music: Listen to alot of different music - Country, Rock, classic rock, even some classical

Favorite Color(s): Yelloe, it's a happy color

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I love to run

What are your fitness/health goals? Would love to lose 55 Lbs

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I have been wanting to since my son was born, but in feb of 2010 the father of my children and the love of my life suddenly passed away at 38 years of age. I'm the only parent these kids have now, I need to be here for them. I quit smoking 5 months ago, now it's time to drop the extra pounds.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? ongoing motivation

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Sticking with a program, staying motivated, fighting cravings

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : really, I don't have one of these, I just want to be happy with myself.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? my skinny jeans
Old 01-09-2011, 11:57 PM   #184  
The cake is a lie

S/C/G: 268/237.2/150

Height: 5'5"

Screen Name: sperrin1

Age/Age Range: 29

Family Life: Married for 6 years, mom to two boys ages 2 and 4

Hobbies and Interests: My two favorite things at the moment are crochet and zombie flicks

Favorite Music: DMB, Coldplay, The Beatles, Gorillaz

Favorite Color(s): peacock colors: teal, deep blues and purples

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: elliptical

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to lose 110 pounds over all but shorter term I would like to be under 200 pounds by my 30th bday in Sept.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Looking at Christmas photos. I couldn't recognize myself behind the fat

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? binging in the evenings

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
Just starting but a huge weakness for me is my sweet tooth.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? My bestie...bad, I know

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a sleeveless little black dress
Old 01-12-2011, 09:42 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 163/137/130-132

Height: 5' 6"

Screen Name: aimeebell

Age/Age Range: 34

Family Life: Three kids and me.

Hobbies and Interests: Watching my boys play sports, cooking, reading, continuous education.

Favorite Music: The Fray, Pink.

Favorite Color(s): None.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Currently none. In the past, Pilates.

What are your fitness/health goals? To feel good. Eating well and moving more make me feel better and look better too.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My jeans hurt. I am not buying bigger, again.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Binging and then saying forget it.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Not giving up on the first over calorie day I have, exercising, eating well.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : The chubby woman staring me in the mirror.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? The countless pairs of jeans and black pants that do not fit me anymore.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:49 AM   #186  

S/C/G: 246/231/125

Height: 5' 3"

Screen Name:
SDV219

Age/Age Range:

Family Life:
Married + 3 kids

In Nursing School

Hobbies and Interests:
I <3 to shop, enjoy watching my kids in their activities, and spending time with my family.

Favorite Music:
I love all kinds of music, especially classic rock and dance music!

Favorite Color(s):
Pink, Blue, & Yellow

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:
Right now I'm enjoying Wii Fit and I'm looking forward to adding more things to my routine!

What are your fitness/health goals?
More then anything, I'm just tired of being unhealthy and overweight. My biggest goal is to have a healthy BMI.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
I've been "deciding" to lose weight for a long time, but I think with time I realized that this is a lifestyle change ... it's about giving up the quick, easy, fast foods and really think about what I put in my mouth is the same for my kids. I really don't want them to grow up unhealthy, plus it's not easy being big and unhealthy for me too. It was just time to change.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?
So far I've been doing really well (it's only 2 weeks - HA), but my biggest struggle is how am I going to make this work while I'm at school - that's giving me a bit of anxiety.

I need to learn more portion control, what is OK to snack on, and exercise more!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :
I want to look better then I did on my honeymoon!!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
I don't want to wear anything old - I wanna shop for all NEW clothes!! I can't wait!
Old 01-16-2011, 01:59 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 180/172/155

Height: 5'6"

Screen Name: kaebea

Age/Age Range: 35

Family Life: single/engaged, full time employed, couple pets, home owner

Hobbies and Interests: reading, swimming, jogging, travel, water, beach , gardening, art

Favorite Music: anything that displays talent

Favorite Color(s):blue, soft neutrals, neutral pastels, lots of light

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: running!, plank position, balance and core - simple at home exersizes, biking, swimming

What are your fitness/health goals?
loose about 30 lbs, eat more veggies and whole foods, less processed food and chemically enhanced foods.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
been trying since i was about 10 years old. i just have always desired to be thinner and look better.

definitely food. i have many food addictions, and i can put away food like a bottomless pit with the slighted drop in vigilence! that and a bum knee that has been a challenge to workout around.

eating less, managing stress better, working out more often.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :
better than i do now i guess. comparing to others only brings me down.

shorts! and not having to constantly pull my shirt down to hide my belly and flab.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:14 AM   #188  

S/C/G: 231/ticker/165

Height: 6'1

Screen Name: lucyfm

Age/Age Range: 22

Family Life: My lovely live-in boyfriend and me.

Hobbies and Interests: Making things and am slowly getting back into cooking.

Favorite Music: Erm, Muse, Queens of the Stone Age..

Favorite Color(s): Black, blue.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I still don't enjoy exercise, but when I do it, it's either walking or a fitness DVD.

What are your fitness/health goals? Not to get out of breath going up more than two flight of stairs, and to have a healthy BMI.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My clothes getting tighter, and the fact that I weighed the most I ever have. (Also, my mum poking my stomach and asking if I was pregnant, that was pretty harsh )

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Exercise!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Motivation, stamina, self confidence!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My mum, she is always making little jibes at my weight without realising.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Anything, I'm scared to shop! Although, looking nice in a pretty dress/skirt would be good.

Last edited by LucyFM; 01-17-2011 at 10:14 AM.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:56 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 335/TICKER/180

Height: 5'8"

Post New here

Screen Name:aasshhlleeyy
Age/Age Range:22

Family Life:ive been married for about 3.5 years and I have a little girl named anelina she will be 3 in april

Occupation:full tie college student, mom, wife and respiratory intern

Hobbies and Interests:spending time with family and friends, my career, a new found love for working out and getting helthy

Favorite Music: I like evrything

Favorite Color(s)ink, black, purple, yellow green hmm idk bright colors lol

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:used to love love love yoga... need to get back into it

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to be prou of what I look like! I want to feel comfortable, I want to be able keep up with my LO

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? nothing really triggered it I have always known I needed to lose weight but I never was really dedicated or held myself accountable... but this time its different I know I cn do this and I WILL!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? getting the munchies lol but so far Ive petty much been able to resist. And then the hubby telling me Ineed to eat more because I dont eat enough and him eating the crap I used to eat in front of me

I need to eat more natural unprocessed foods.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I guess I cant really say I look better than anyone but one thing that excites me is that I have a lot of muscle for a girl even with all of this fat lol so I cant wait to see what I look like at goal and after toning my booty off at the gym lol

something sexy that I will actually feel sexy in
Old 01-18-2011, 04:20 AM   #190  

S/C/G: 204/204/120

Height: 5'7"

Screen Name: carriefan4evr

Age/Age Range: almost 16

Family Life: Mom, dad, 5 dogs, 2 cats, 2 rabbits, 1 fish, and 1 horse.

Hobbies and Interests: Horses and horseback riding, Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift, drawing, guitar, piano, anything to do with horses.

Favorite Music: Carrie Underwood! I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I'm her biggest and most loyal fan, and I love her and adore her. I also really like Taylor Swift. Country, pop, if I hear it and like it, then I like it.

Favorite Color(s): Blue.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking, I guess. I don't do much else. (which I need to change PRONTO.)

What are your fitness/health goals? Be able to run a whole mile without stopping.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Realizing that I had to actually question whether or not I was to fat to ride my horse.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Those darn cravings. And laziness.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Which foods I eat and how I exercise. Basically everything.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? My best friend. (I know, I know!)

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A friggin bikini. And a gorgeous dress.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:31 PM   #191  

S/C/G: 242/*see ticker*/158

Height: 5'8"

Screen Name: lluvyblu

Age/Age Range: 21

Family Life: I live with my boyfriend of 5 years

Hobbies and Interests: Ughh...school haha. I play video games sometimes with my BF.

Favorite Music: Right now I really like Royksopp, La Roux, and Kele.

Favorite Color(s): Pink!

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Elliptical

What are your fitness/health goals? Definitely have a healthy BMI

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I've known for a while it was time...but recently my dad pointed out that I was developing a "(my last name) Belly." He said it was okay for him to say that because he had one too. Ehhh...yeah dad...still not okay lol.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Questioning my plan and my ability to stick with it.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Reading food labels, planning meals, fighting the urge to splurge

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? The skinny girls that go to the Rec with their short shorts and skin tight tank tops. Bleh..

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Shop in the "normal sized" section.

Last edited by mandalinn82; 01-21-2011 at 03:42 AM.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:04 PM   #192  
look to windward

S/C/G: 185/178/145

Height: 5'7"

Yay awesome! I also posted a little introduction over yonder, titled "Woo! 3 pounds already!"

Screen Name: nightwasp

Age/Age Range: 23

Family Life: livin' with the boy

Occupation: cat owner, college graduate, grad school dropout... "figuring it out." Currently I work a job I'm not too keen on.

Hobbies and Interests: writing! music! worshipping my cat Charlotte! sleeping! (I'm a night-shifter. It becomes an interest, heh) news and politics!

Favorite Music: right now I'm listening to Six Finger Satellite, Air, and SomaFM streaming station Drone Zone.

Favorite Color(s): blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: biking, walking, jogging slowly, heh

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to wear a size 4. I've NEVER done that.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I saw my ex with his new girlfriend and caught my reflection in the mirror.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Not eating bread, not eating as MUCH as I think I should be.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Sticking to cal limits! Should be about 1400. Cooking experience! I need it. Getting over resistance to salads.

(Evil motivation!) Who do you want to look better than? Haha, great question. This girl I went to school with who seemed pretty effortlessly pretty.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? As little as I can ...not with you! :P With the boy.
Old 01-29-2011, 02:06 PM   #193  

S/C/G: 232/172/160

Height: 5"11

Screen Name: k15g15

Age/Age Range: 37

Family Life: Married 5 kids(his, mine. and ours) 2 bassets, and one kitty

Hobbies and Interests: my dogs, bicycling, mx racing, reading, volunteering, cake decorating

Favorite Music: Duran Duran, Van Morrison, NWA, Rage Against the Machine

Favorite Color(s): all shades of purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:swimming

What are your fitness/health goals? To feel free of my body

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I felt my body controlled what I thought of me and what I did

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Trusting myself to make a good choice

Finding more of a variety of foods
More exercise
More exercise!

(Evil motivation!) Who do you want to look better than?
Myself, ever!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A swimsuit that does not look like to belonged to my mom.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:59 PM   #194  

Screen Name: bellabbr

Age/Age Range: I will be 30 in 5 months and I will not cry..lol

Family Life: Married for almost 9 yrs, 2 kids a 4 yr old boy and a 2 yr old daughter. Husband left the Army in Jan and is now a civilian contractor in Afghanistan

Hobbies and Interests: reading, reading , more reading, the beach, movies, tv shows, gym, my children and chocolate

Favorite Music: Country, Train, Pink, Eminem, all over the map.

Favorite Color(s): Red

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Water aerobics and treadmill is about the only 2 I remotely like it.

What are your fitness/health goals? 150 lbs, no more plus size and just healthy and happy

My weight has left me so depressed I attempted suicide because I would have rather die than live being fat one more day. Thank God I am not there anymore.

Finding the right combination of food and exercise for me.

Finding more of a variety of foods

Fruit *Barf* and up my water intake.

(Evil motivation!) Who do you want to look better than?

Myself. I am not ugly, I am not stupid, but I feel like both when I am this big.

A swimsuit, a tank top, a short skirt. I just want to open a victoria Secret catalog and know I can order everything from it and it will look great
Old 02-04-2011, 10:34 PM   #195  

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Screen Name: beerdrinker

Age/Age Range: 27

Family Life: just me and the BF

Hobbies and Interests: scooting, crafting, drinking/brewing beer, geocaching

Favorite Music: all sorts of stuff, but mainly alt country & rock

Favorite Color(s): purple, green, orange, black, brown

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: walking and exploring

What are your fitness/health goals? i would love to be down to 125 which is my 'recommended' healthy weight. at one point in my life i weighed over 200lbs. to never do that again would also be awesome.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? my clothes don't fit and i'm tired.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? bar food and alcohol

attentiveness
getting moving
drink more water

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Christina Ricci

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? shorts!
Closed Thread