Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 06:43 PM   #31  
dbh

Hi everyone... I haven't been around for awhile... *bad me!*

Anyways, I was on Atkins for a little under 2 weeks, and I simply cannot eat all that meat, fried and stuff. A little is okay, but not all the time. And I did eat alot of broccoli and cauliflower. But, wayyyyyyyy too much cheese!

So, I am thinking that I can lose weight by counting calories. I have been at the same weight, give or take 3 pounds, for over 3 years. I first stopped smoking which probably put on 15 pounds. then, I was taking a prescription drug, that I found out 2 years later, was the reason I was gaining weight, 20# worth each year!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr, mad wasn't the word for that one! After that, it was 'oh, I'm getting old, who cares attitude'. Then I started thinking health-wise and knew the stomach fat was NOT good at all.

so, here I am!

Hope to learn alot (all over again), plus some new ideas and get to losing.

Last edited by dbh; 03-02-2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:50 AM   #32  
Choose your hard...

S/C/G: 250/194/130

Height: 5' 2"

Screen Name: Asherdoodles87

Age/Age Range: 22

Family Life: Single

Hobbies and Interests: Running, watching TV, computer games, reading online, exercising...

Favorite Music: Pop, and a little bit of everything else.

Favorite Color(s): Pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Punches my trainer makes me do, and the treadmill.

What are your fitness/health goals? I would like to get healthy, but I would also like to be at my dream weight, 120 lbs.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? A picture I saw of myself accepting a scholarship, and I was not happy with my appearance.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Eating the right foods.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Listing to my trainer more, eating more protein, and really commiting to losing weight.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My sister.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A bathing suit.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:17 PM   #33  

Talking

Screen Name: KatherynNicole

Age/Age Range: 24

Family Life: Single mom with a 5 yr. old son

Hobbies and Interests: Computers and spending time with my friends and family

Favorite Music: I can listen to anything but rap.

Favorite Color(s): Green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I love, love, love my Total Gym!

What are your fitness/health goals? 87 more lbs to lose (23 down so far)

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Seeing a picture of myself and realizing that I was TWICE as big as everyone else in it.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? My emotions. There is a part of me that is afraid to lose weight and be seen differently. I have spent a lot of time hiding behind my weight.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Excercise more, build endurance and remembering to drink enough water!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?: I can't think of anyone that I want to look better than. I just want to look better than I do now! lol

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A pair of jeans that are comfortable!
Old 03-04-2010, 11:19 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Intro

Screen Name:Sugar Sherry

Age/Age Range:30

Family Life:Married with two beautiful babies

Hobbies and Interests:My kiddos, cooking, travelling

Favorite Music:All kinds, minus country ;-)

Favorite Color(s):Pink, red, gold

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Treadmill, eliptical, walking with the stroller

What are your fitness/health goals? To maintain a healthy weight so I can easily play with my children

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I don't want to be heavy at my husbands retirement

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I love to cook yummy, buttery, sweet, fried foods!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Healthy eating, more exercise, portion control.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Oh, just someone ;-)

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A bathing suit!
Old 03-10-2010, 01:07 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 165/165/125

Height: 5'5"

Screen Name: Dizzle

Age/Age Range: Late-college range

Family Life: Two families (divorced parents), 4 step-sisters, 1 1/2 sister, 1 brother, and 10 nieces and nephews, with one more on the way! Currently live with my boyfriend

Hobbies and Interests: Dj-ing for a local station, writing, and volunteer work.

Favorite Music: All kinds! although recently I've been playing more mellow, indie-folk stuff on my show, which is heavily alternative rock.

Favorite Color(s): Ooh... I don't really have one!

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Karate! Unfortunately, there is not a program where I live now (moved two years ago). So, I suppose my backup is definitely biking!

What are your fitness/health goals? To get down to 125, which is acceptable for my height (5'5") and also be generally healthier. Hopefully, a combo of both will help with my bipolarity!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? When I went on my most recent med, I gained over 30lbs... In 2 months. Stepping on the doctor's scale and seeing such a drastic jump definitely made me realize it was time to change the diet I'd had for years, and that being on medication definitely slowed my metabolism a great deal.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Staying motivated. When I fall into a depression, I do tend to munch- most of the time, it's just a little, but even a little of something high in calories can really throw me off course.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? Haha, oh dear... I suppose my thinnest friend, who can just eat and eat and eat and never gets any heavier than 115! I don't know how she does it. (And she has such great abs!!)

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? This little yellow sun dress I bought the day I found out how much I had gained and decided to diet. It would've fit me pre-weight gain, so I can't wait to fit into it! (That and all my jeans... I can only fit into 1 pair!)
Old 03-15-2010, 10:03 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 230/212/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphil View Post
Screen Name: LemonDr0p
Age/Age Range: 32

Family Life: Married with Children

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, cooking, children and recently weight loss and exercising.

Favorite Music: Alternative/rock... almost anything except country music.

Favorite Color(s): Blue, green, yellow, pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I run/walk. Sometimes this is my only "me time". I will walk a song then run a song then walk then run for about an hour.

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to be healthy. I'm hoping to lose 80 lbs.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? There was no trigger per se, but I have not always been "fat". I grew up thin, was a thin teenager and even after having 3 children in 4 years I was able to maintain a healthy weight. I divorced in 2006, starting drinking alcohol almost every night for a couple of years and realized that I had gained about 50lbs in less than a year. I don't want to be the fat mom at school functions or sports events. I don't want to embarress my children or have people make fun of me to them. I want to be the healthy person I once was. It has been devastating to me that I let myself go and I have been so unhappy. My children and my husband (new husband) are wonderful and they make me happy, but I will truly be happy when I am healthy again.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? The fact that weight loss for me seems like a struggle and is very slow.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Eat less carbs and maybe eat more food. I think I'm probably not eating enough.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I want to look better than I was 50lbs ago. I can be a hot chick

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
Blue jeans, cute shirt instead of a muffin top and gross big flowy shirts.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:26 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 230/224.2/165

Height: 5'1"

Smile

Screen Name: readytodoit

Age/Age Range: ugg... 43

Family Life: single ..never married...terrified of commitment

Hobbies and Interests: Art,crafting, reading, beach, kayaking

Favorite Music: country for the most part... but I have everything on my ipod

Favorite Color(s): blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: eliptical, but I really want to join a boxing gym in my area. I just need to get to a physical place to do it.

What are your fitness/health goals? My goal is 165 for now. After I get there, then I will see what I want to do.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I'm gaining weight and I am at the heaviest I have ever been in my life. I'm 43 and it is not getting easy to lose it. I look absolutely horriable in my work clothes... I don't feel professional.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? snacking... emotional eating.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? my food intake... I'm really bad about eating early in the day. I never find time... wait until I get sooo hungry that I eat bad. Exercise, I have to force myself to the gym... once there, i'm fine.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My ex's girlfriend...lol

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A really good pair of jeans and a tank top!.... or bikini
Old 03-17-2010, 08:54 AM   #38  

Height: 5'1"

Screen Name:
pihlaja

Age/Age Range:
20s--I haven't hit the big 3-0 yet, but I'd like to be much trimmer when I do!

Family Life:

I share my life with one boyfriend, four cats and a hairy dog.

Eternal student (it feels that way, anyway) in French and Nursing.

Hobbies and Interests:
Photography, some web design (though I haven't done it in ages), belly dancing, and I've just taken up sewing. I also like gardening and this year I will be trying my hand at container gardening since the townhome we are renting doesn't have a yard.

Favourite Music:
Honestly? Just about anything. I listen to a good deal of French radio these days, though--so whatever they happen to be playing at the time is what I'll listen to.

Favourite Colour(s):
Dark red, greens, some yellows

Favourite Exercise/Workouts:
Ahahahaha, what's that?

What are your fitness/health goals? :
I guess I'm lucky that even though I'm plump, I'm still relatively healthy. But in the long run, I'd like to be able to run up my stairs after a cat with ease.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? :
I'm not sure there was any one, singular, defining moment for me. It was just years of build-up, really. I guess I finally just told myself, "You can't be roly-poly forever. This has GOT to stop" and really meant it.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? :
Exercise. I hate it. And eating enough food--surprisingly enough. Calorie counting has helped this to some extent--I can have what I want (within reason) as long as I have the calories for it and the app I have on my iPhone helps to remind me to eat enough calories for the day.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? :
Eat more fruit. Drink LOTS more water (I drink mostly water and tea, but not nearly enough water). Start exercising.

Who do you want to look better than? :
Marilyn Monroe!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? :
A plethora of retro-style dresses with high-heel shoes!
Old 03-21-2010, 04:30 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 205/197.5/135

Height: 5'6

Default Howdy!

Screen Name: Chuckaluck

Age/Age Range:

Family Life:
1 awesome husband, 2 amazing kiddle (DS/10 DD/2) and a scraggly cat

Office stuff/College

Hobbies and Interests:
hahaha - time for hobbies and interests...now that's comedy! (wiping tears of laughter from eyes)

Favorite Music:
Anything and everything

Favorite Color(s):
umm purple I guess, but I like em all!

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:
I love gut busting cardio! and I really like pilates

What are your fitness/health goals?
I would like to be stronger, more fit and not as woggily - I'm at 205 and would like to be at 135-140

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
I've never been a skinny minnie but was pretty happy with how I looked at 170 - this winter I gained ALOT of weight and really don't even like looking in the mirror at all *sigh* so I figured I could use this to get really really fit and at my actual ideal weight!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?
I Love candy! and just food in general!! I love to cook and eat out and try new things...

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
I have never been on a diet in my life...but I eat pretty healthy overall - I just want more whole foods and to be more fit

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :
My sis and sis-in-law it would make my day to do it "the right way" instead of every fad diet that money can buy

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
to appreciate my husband's admiration - he tells me I look wonderful now but I can't wait till I think so too!

Last edited by chuckaluck; 03-21-2010 at 04:34 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:48 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 210/173/128

Height: 5'0"

Screen Name: FunSize

Age/Age Range: 24

Family Life: Married with 1 child.

Hobbies and Interests: The internet, ha ha =)

Favorite Music: Country

Favorite Color(s): Plums and Pinks

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Elliptical

What are your fitness/health goals? To be able to run a mile like it's a piece of cake! After that I'll strive for more!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Unfortunately I've been battling with my weight for most of my life. I have successfully lost large amounts of weight many times over. My closet is fulled with size 4 Jeans all the way up to Size 16.. I am either one or the other! I know exactly how to do it, and when I commit..I do it well. But "something" always seems to come up and the weight comes back on. My most recent weight gain was due to pregnancy.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Getting past the 10lb mark and continue to lose. The last 3 years I lose 10lbs then gain it back. I have yet to successfully get on track for the long haul.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Watching sodium and processed foods. I would like to learn how to lift weights properly again.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Hmmm...I think Miranda Lambert is so pretty, I'd actually love to have her body.. she's got a very realistic healthy looking bod.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? SHORTS! Just a plain ol' tank top and shorts, and look GOOD in it. Lean shoulders/arms..no cottage cheese thighs.. some flip flops! I'd love to look my age instead of like 20 years older!
Old 03-30-2010, 01:53 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 230/220/165

Height: 5'6.5"

Screen Name: megsss94

Age/Age Range: 21

Family Life: single

Hobbies and Interests: cooking, reading, decorating, watching sports, traveling

Favorite Music: a little bit of everything

Favorite Color(s): pink!

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: walking, bike, elliptical

What are your fitness/health goals? weigh 140 and become a person who makes healthy choices

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? looking at pictures of myself... my heavier self and my lighter self and thinking how much I never want to go back to the heavier and wish I was still the lighter

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? making healthy choices. living in an apartment with 3 other girls who don't make good eating/exercising choices provides a lot of temptation

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? snacking and actually exercising

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : myself

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a Lilly Pulitzer dress... I told myself I would buy one for my graduation get together if I lose 20 lbs. by then. and of course, a bikini
Old 04-05-2010, 02:53 PM   #42  
Getting Healthy!

S/C/G: 315/268/160

Height: 5'9

Screen Name: Alecto

Age/Age Range: 31

Family Life: Divorced, no kids, dating my partner for almost a year

Hobbies and Interests: Knitting, writing, photography

Favorite Music: Rock, Dance, Europop

Favorite Color(s): Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I am a fiend for the bike, and walking.

What are your fitness/health goals? Normal BMI, being able to feel good

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Not being able to keep up with my friends, some of whom are younger than I am

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I have Sarcoidosis and hypercalcimia. I have issues with fatigue and I can't be outside a lot. I also can't have a lot of calcium and do you know how ANNOYING it is when non-dairy products are fortified with calcium.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Balancing eating enough and eating too much. Finding foods that fit my diet. Not giving up

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My high school pictures

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? normal clothes!
Old 04-06-2010, 06:25 PM   #43  

Smile

Screen Name: Felicia Hingston

Age/Age Range: early 30s

Family Life: Single, no kids, no pets.

Hobbies and Interests:
Dance, Broadway musicals, and fashion

Favourite Music: 80s and 90s music of all kinds!

Favourite Colour(s): Magenta

Favourite Exercise/Workouts: Tap dancing

What are your fitness/health goals?
: My goal is to be able to take an hour and a half dance class without feeling like I'm going to pass out after half an hour. I'd like to have the endurance to take two classes in one day.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? : There are so many, but the main one would be trying on a size 16p pair of jeans and having to lay down on the bed to zip them up.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? : I struggle to start working out, but once I get going I love it!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? : Getting more sleep. I go to bed way too late and wake up early.

Who do you want to look better than? : My current body! I want to be a thinner, healthier version of what I am now.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? : The size small and medium dresses I have in my closet.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:32 PM   #44  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 200/198/145

Height: 5'4

Screen Name: Trafficjambooty

Age/Age Range: Early 30’s

Family Life: Single

Hobbies and Interests: Philanthropic activities and Musical theatre/Opera

Favorite Music:
I love it all

Favorite Color(s): Black, Purple and Green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Spinning, kick boxing, and sex

What are your fitness/health goals? To lose 50 lbs and maintain a healthy lifestyle until the day I die.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Being diagnosed with PCOS and My mother calling me fat and telling me that’s the reason for my “failed” relationships.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Self-motivation. Red-velvet cupcakes and Martinis!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Staying away from toxic foods, people and thoughts.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : The skinny bi-atch at work that vomits on the hour every hour!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? MY BIRTHDAY SUIT! AND anything backless!

Last edited by trafficjambooty; 04-06-2010 at 06:33 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:11 PM   #45  

Screen Name: cmc1025

Age/Age Range: 30

Family Life: me and my husband

Hobbies and Interests: reading, crafts, shopping, media entertainment

Favorite Music: Classic rock/Hip-Hop

Favorite Color(s): blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: walking, pilates

What are your fitness/health goals? lose ten pounds without using drugs

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I can't fit into all of my clothes and I'm too cheap to buy new clothes.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? old bad habits

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? better eating habits, limit alcohol intake, and consistently exercising

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? skinny jeans