Screen NameigerGirl

Age/Age Range:mid 40s

Family Life:happily married for 20 years, 3 teenagers

Hobbies and Interests:reading, spinning, swimming

Favorite Music:broadway, contemp christian, country, bluegrass,

Favorite Color(s): orange and blue; purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:cardio. spin, swim

What are your fitness/health goals? triathlon

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? HA! this time? just tired of being tired.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? depression... i tend to cope with stress and exhaustion with food... bad food.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? better choices, smaller portions, more movement

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Ex training partner

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? tight black pants
Old 01-02-2010, 08:18 PM   #2  
grapevine fires!

S/C/G: 170 / 159 / 125

Height: 5'2.5"

Screen Name: Mawkish Mo

Age/Age Range: Early 20's

Family Life: non-existent for the moment

Hobbies and Interests: big reader, love to write, soccer player and gave up hockey this year but still love it

Favorite Music: classic rock, classical, occasional pop song, Queen, Panic! at the Disco, Jack's Mannequin

Favorite Color(s): an orangish-red colour

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: jogging, biking and any organized sport, especially soccer and hockey

What are your fitness/health goals? Fitness wise, I would like to be in tip top shape when the soccer season starts (games begins, no longer just practising). Usually the first game or two is really hard as we're all out of shape and I'd love to beat that. Of course, I would also love to have my knee healed by then too so I can actually run...

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? There was no particular incident. It was gradual, the noticing of my weight and the eating healthier stuff. I was suddenly noticing that hey, these pants don't fit like they used to so I would make small choices to eat better and then one day I decided to take it more seriously.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I struggle when I see a week or two of no results. It begins to tick me off and I find temptations such as an extra helping of XYZ a lot more alluring

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to become more strict with my food diary, I would like to go to the gym more often and stop complaining about the dang Canadian winters here that stop me from going outside and doing things like i would in the summer.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? My cousin, I guess. My sister too even. I've always been the other sister, the other cousin. I'm sick of it.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I have this skirt that I bought years ago, when my weight was a lot lower. It was tight then but I bought with friends so I just went with it and said that the size four skirt fit me well. I want to fit in that skirt, with extra room available.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 182/173/140

Height: 5"5'

Screen Name: Sara81

Age/Age Range: 28

Family Life: Single and Looking!

Hobbies and Interests: Movies, Camping, Traveling

Favorite Music: Everything besides dance

Favorite Color(s): Black, Pink, Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Running, even though I'm not great at it; Softball and Tennis

What are your fitness/health goals? Finally be happy

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I've started to outgrow my "fat" jeans. Ouch.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Late night munching

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Eating more veggies and working out more. I also have an addiction to Flamin Hot Cheetos. Haha.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Friend

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Jeans that I haven't fit into comfortably for years... and yes, I still have them.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 264/260.5/150

Height: 5'6"

Screen Name: ToriLeigh

Age/Age Range:26

Family Life:Married with 2 kids, Olivia is almost 3 and Elijah will be 1 next month

Hobbies and Interests:reading, travel, swimming

Favorite Music:I like pretty much anything

Favorite Color(s):Black, red and brown

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:Walking, elliptical machine, and anything "fun"

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to get healthy. You know, exercise more, eat less junk... And of course lose some weight.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I was induced due to high blood pressure with my son. It was a scary experience because I had a couple complications and his heart rate dropped. My husband and I want more kids, but I need to be healthy to do it. I also want to be around to see them grow up. If I keep going down this path, who knows what will happen.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? "Grazing" and chocolate. I have a major sweet tooth

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Drink more water, eat less junk food, control portion sizes better

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Hmm, I want to give my sister a run for her money. I don't have to look better, I just don't want to be the "fat" sister anymore.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Shorts, they don't have to be daisy dukes (in fact they won't be) but no more capris and bermudas... Also sleeveless shirts comfortably.

Last edited by ToriLeigh; 01-10-2010 at 07:52 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:07 PM   #5  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Screen Name: MiZTaCCen

Age/Age Range: 24

Family Life: In a relationship, no kids of my own but he has two.

Hobbies and Interests: Video games, Tennis, Movies

Favorite Music: I listen to pretty much anything.

Favorite Color(s): Red, Pink, Black

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: hmm Favourites...Swimming.

What are your fitness/health goals? To go back down to my original weight of 140, as well to tone up my body and then continue to maintain a healthy life style for myself and my health.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? When people I know around me continue to tell me how big I've gotten. I already knew it but sometimes having other's tell the truth makes you really want to work at it to prove to them that you don't always have to be fat and that you're just going through a "rough" time.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I continue to eat sugar and drink pepsi. Not to mention whole wheat stuff is so gross, and my cooking sucks so wanting to make food is a little difficult.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Change my eatting habits and to keep myself motivated to exercise.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : This chick who I work with who had the nerve to actually call me fat. She might have a skinny stomach but its clear all her food goes to her *** and hips. (sorry lol she really erked me.)

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? My silk red dress.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:10 PM   #6  
Just starting out!

S/C/G: 268/ticker/180

Height: 5"11

Default Hi!

Screen Name: kcalcount87

Age/Age Range: Just turned 23

Family Life: Awesome!

Hobbies and Interests: Being with my friends

Favorite Music: I like Trance/techno/elecronic (keeps me going while working out!)

Favorite Color(s): purple!

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Elliptical

What are your fitness/health goals?: LOSE WEIGHT! Be healthier of course

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Tired of looking in the mirror and starting to feel really tired and lazy all the time

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Sticking to it

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I think I'm on a good path right now... calorie counting and exercise 4-5 times a week. In a week I've lost 3 pounds! And probably gained a lot of muscle back too

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?: All the skinny college girls in my classes

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? halter top!!! Right now I hate my arms :-(
Old 01-13-2010, 08:52 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 242/139/130

Height: 5'3

Default Hello

Screen Name: Socalmomof3

Age/Age Range: 42

Family Life: Happily Married with three beautiful daughters (10-9-2 yrs old)

What are your fitness/health goals? To get to and stay at a healthy weight.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Finally left a stressful job (after 20 years) to become a full time SAHM and focus on my health. I was on the path to a heart attack and just couldn't do that to my husband and children. I started my plan in September of 2009.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Four other people in my house are very supportive but not on the same journey. I still need to cook meals. I try to make them healthy and portion control. It's still tough.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : None really. I just want to look good to myself. It's been a very long time since I looked in the mirror and been happy.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A bathing suit that does not look like it belongs to an old lady!
Old 01-15-2010, 03:21 PM   #8  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Screen Name: Jigglefree

Age/Age Range
: 45

Family Life:
Married and we have a 20 month old daughter

Hobbies and Interests: Shopping, dancing and making others laugh

Favorite Music: Gospel and Neosoul

Favorite Color(s): Purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:
Walking the mall and trying to keep up with Jillian's workouts.

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to get down to a size 10 and continue to live in excellent health.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
I saw my niece at Christmas and she didn't eat as much as she normally does and I was eating a whole lot of food. I said to myself this is the last time I do this.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?
I have a hard time stopping with one serving when the food is very good even though I am satisfied. I want to eat til I'm stuffed when I am liking the taste of the food.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
1) Saying no when I'm satisfied no matter how good I think the food tastes. 2) Stay on task with counting the calories of everything I put in my mouth. 3) Don't miss a day of exercise.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?
The person I saw in the mirror Christmas.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
A pair of size 10 jeans with a clingy T shirt.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:36 PM   #9  
Gettin' Healthy!

S/C/G: 265/258/140

Screen Name: Firecracker777

Age/Age Range: 22 (23 next month)

Family Life: Living with my wooonderful boyfriend

Hobbies and Interests: Online games, outdoors, and hanging out with friends

Favorite Music: Country

Favorite Color(s): Pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Elliptical, Stationary bike

What are your fitness/health goals? To get to and stay in a healthy weight range and continue eating better

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? One day it just hit me when looking at picture of other girls and i realize how huge i was

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? finding a variety of foods that are easy to make and can also eat cold for lunch at work. exercise hasnt been a problem yet but I always seem to struggle with that

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? 1. Count calories more accurately, 2. Make a more conscious effort to reach the calorie goal and dont think going 200 under is ok! 3. stop taking breaks every 5 mins when working out and just deal with the burn!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? any of my skinny friends of course haha

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? CUTE jeans and a tight shirt with heels
Old 01-21-2010, 01:04 PM   #10  
Starting again.

S/C/G: 263/217/145

Height: 5' 7"

Screen Name:Stace

Age/Age Range:33 1/3

Family Life:Single, furry kids. (dog and cat)

Hobbies and Interests:Bad movies, embroidery, cooking (a work in progress), thrift and flea market shopping, and other stuff I am not thinking of right now!

Favorite Music:My ipod tells me that I have a lot of classic soul, conscious rap, electro-pop and grunge. So I guess that.

Favorite Color(s): turquoise, green, orange, dark purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking my dog. I just got a kettlebell and I am really enjoying it so far!

What are your fitness/health goals? To be a "normal" weight for the first time since I was about 6 years old.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I'd been under a lot of stress this year, and then got really sick in October. I'd always been the fairly healthy fat person, while I would get winded climbing steps or something I never really had major health problems. Well, it all seemed to catch up with me at once, and boy was that a wake up call. I don't want to be that sick ever again. Nor do I want to be diabetic, which is straight where I was headed.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I want to exercise more, but don't always have the motivation for it. Also, a big part of my social life was going out with friends to a bar or co-workers to happy hour. I have had to cut that back drastically and that has been tough. But I would rather feel good than the way I felt a few months ago, even if that means being the one to order water or decline an invitation.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Getting enough sleep so that I have enough energy, not waiting to get so hungry I overeat, being consistent.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : There are a couple of friends who I have distanced myself from when I realized that they were not supportive, or preferred to keep me the way I am because they don't think when I am big I am competition. I hate that kind of thing, but the thought of them seeing me when I am done makes me secretly happy.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I want to be able to pull off wearing almost anything. I have always felt so limited all my life in what I could wear, due to a lot of things either not looking good, or me not having enough confidence to buy and wear it. Thanks for this question, because now I am super excited about that day!
Old 01-23-2010, 05:50 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 164/151/125

Default Finally!

Screen Name: orangebelpeper

Age/Age Range: 19

Family Life: I live with my boyfriend of 4 years

Hobbies and Interests: Beach!

Favorite Music: Any

Favorite Color(s): Pink.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Jillian Michael's DvD's

What are your fitness/health goals? 125 pounds

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My boyfriend in a nice, sweet way mentioned that I was a little "thicker" then I used to be.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Hamburgers.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Running!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?: Haven't really thought of this one yet...

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A sexy LBD (little black dress)
Old 01-24-2010, 12:55 PM   #12  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Screen Name: Tinky009 (no not a newbie, just a re-start )

Age/Age Range: 28

Family Life: Happily married, with a furbaby,a Pug named Jade

Hobbies and Interests: Shopping, latin dancing, and cooking

Favorite Music: whatever suits my mood

Favorite Color(s): blue,purple, black

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Turbo Jam, and Zumba!

What are your fitness/health goals? to get into the 140-135 range

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I do not want a complicated pregnancy, also I would like to get that darn word Obese off my medical chart @ the Dr's

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Resistance to pasta, I LOVE pasta. Also I can be an emotional eater.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Motivation, motivation, and motivation

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?: Than my office neighbor. She has been doing this diet thing as long as I've been on 3FC. She's a nurse too, so I would like to show her!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Clothes that show my arms . I currently wear only long sleeves.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:46 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/160

Default Hi Everyone!

Screen Name: Kristi78

Age/Age Range: 31

Family Life: Single, one awesome 7 year old daughter and one awesome cat

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, blogging, music, self improvement

Favorite Music: mostly rock/alt, but love all genres

Favorite Color(s): purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walk Away the Pounds

What are your fitness/health goals? To reach a size 8/10 or whatever feels healthy for my frame.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I've been overweight my entire life and tried all the diets, but eventually gained it back. A friend of mine is serious about getting healthy and we are supporting each other in this journey. Enough is enough!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Emotional eater!!! Love bread and pasta.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Not sure about 3 areas but overall just keeping motivated for the long process ahead. Not falling off the wagon! lol

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Just cuter clothes and sleeveless tops without feeling self conscious.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:14 PM   #14  
Loving Life!

S/C/G: 230/220/120

Height: 5'0"

Screen Name: MakingSkinny. My real name is Angie.

Age/Age Range: 30

Family Life: I'm a SAHM to three boys ages 7, 4 and 22months. Our children are homeschooled. I've been married for 10 years. We have a sweet little cat and are getting a Shih Tzu puppy in a couple of weeks!

Occupation: I left my full- and then part-time job in customer service for an oil company last March in order to SAH full time. I also do professional family/wedding photography on a part-time basis.

Hobbies and Interests: Photography (my camera is like my 4th child LOL), most things crafty but especially knitting and scrapbooking, sewing, reading. I'm also a major tv junkie.

Favorite Music: Contemporary Christian and random popular Top20 type stuff.

Favorite Color(s): Pink and turquoise, and brown paired with either.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: The BodyPump strength training class at my gym. I know, I can hardly believe it myself LOL

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to be a healthy weight/BMI for my height. I'd like to be toned. I really want to be fit enough to play with my kids without being winded and healthy enough to be here for them, and to enjoy my family for a long time.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Watching multiple extended family members being diagnosed with weight-related diseases, particularly diabetes.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? My poor self-esteem, the emotional componant to why I eat so much. Lack of willpower.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? My self-esteem. Portion control. Will power.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? Only my current self

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Cute bras & underwear, button up tops, cute bathing suits.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:50 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 282/282/220

Height: 5'5

Screen Name: madgracemom

Age/Age Range: 27

Family Life: I have two daughters: Gracelyn who is 5 and Madelyn who is 1. I am married to my high school sweetheart.

Hobbies and Interests: reading, being with my family

Favorite Music: ALL kinds.........

Favorite Color(s): blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: walking

What are your fitness/health goals? to be healthy overall for myself and my family

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I'm so uncomfortable!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? food!!!!
Closed Thread