The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 09-29-2006, 08:54 AM   #151  
Fat-be-gone

nibs--that's awesome!!!

I messed up my diet last nite. So I am starting Day 1 again today. I want to get the most out of this Detox phase so I am doign the whole enchilada and follwoing the plan to a tee (even the excercise). Don't want to let the red team down now!!
Old 09-29-2006, 09:25 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Girls,

I am so glad it is Friday. I have a big weekend planned. My daughter is in the marching band, so there is the football game tonight and then she is being confirmed in our church tomorrow. My sons are coming home from college for the mass and bringing their girlfriends! Of course we have to have a nice lunch after the Confirmation. It is going to be fun but I hope I do not overdo the food. I was kind of bad yesterday (chocolate cupcakes, oops) but I did get a 30 minute run in, yeah! I really do want to be able to post a loss next week so I just have to remember to be good.

I loved checking the stats this week. They looked really good. Congratulations to the losers for successful weight loss and to everyone else congratulations for trying!
Old 09-29-2006, 09:27 AM   #153  

I hurt my knee a couple of weeks ago so I haven't been able to exercise. Then my Son got into trouble at school which totally stressed me out and threw my though a loop! At first I emotionally ate and gained 5 lbs back! I pretty much gave up even though I had signed up for this BL challenge with you guys... I leveled out this week, and tried eating better again, but I still can't work-out...I don't know how, but I have managed to drop 3.4 lbs this week! WooooooHooooo!!!!!
Old 09-29-2006, 11:53 AM   #154  

Skrog, I am so impressed that you admitted that you gained this week. You are a very honest person . I'm glad you are back on track and not going to let last week get you down. My problem is that when I have days, or weeks, when I am not OP I end of giving up. I always say, "Well, I ate those french fries so I can eat this icecream." That will no longer happen. I am going to stay OP, and if for some reason I don't one day the next day I will start again. Thanks for inspiring others to "get back on the horse" after falling off (same goes for you too, Rosario ).

Nibs, congrats!!! That is a huge accomplishment .

Terapet, fellow Catholic girl , sounds like you are going to have a fun weekend. That's so sweet of your sons to come home for your daughter's Confirmation. When I was confirmed I really loved the support I got from my family . She's going to remember this day for the rest of her life.

Diva, I am an emotional eater too, so I know exactly how you felt. It is great that you had a loss after all of that. You technically were doing "calorie zigzagging" (or the Wendie Plan, if you are following WWs) so I think that's why you got a loss this week. I am sorry to hear about your knee. I hope it gets better.

I will let you guys know how I did this week when I weigh myself tomorrow. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone .
Old 09-29-2006, 02:15 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 199/173/115

Height: 5'2"

hi on friday! hey red team, how are you doing?? how about you blue? well it is 11 am and i have already drank all my water and only eaten 4 points out of 22! yey so far so good!!

"a new begining" thank for your words of encouragement, it truly was hard to admit that, it would have been so much easier to just never post here again and move on, but easier is usually not better! so i am glad i took the high road, cause i am feeling so much better about myself this week and i am really turning around for the better!

"diva" way to go, i am glad that you had a loss that can be just the thing you need to help you really want to get back on track!

"terapet" man you are gonna be SO busy this weekend, good luck with the food part i hope you are able to enjoy and still have a loss!!!

"rosario" it is great that you are not throwing in the whole week because of one bad night it can be so hard to not let that ruin your week, so i am so proud of you that you are just starting fresh right away, good job!

"nib" 6.4!!!!!!!!!!! that's incredible, what plan are you doing?? was it your first week on a plan? that's so great, way to go!

"everyone else" you all are kicking booty! i am so glad to be part of this challenge, thanks for all the support, hope everyone does good this weekend!!
Old 09-29-2006, 02:47 PM   #156  

Height: 5"5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosario View Post
Mornign everyone!!! Well today was the big day and I am down 4.4 pounds!!! I am stoked!!! This fat smash diet is really working out for me. I do have to admit that yesterday I strayed from plan just a bit....but I got over it and have only had that one slip up in the past 2 days. I am so proud of myself. Ijust have to work on the excercise part now!!

Nibs--good for you for staying on plan!

mom2jessnjosh--congrats on people noticing your weight loss. it's funny how you say you miss ATL. I am from LA and lived there all my life until about a year and a half ago when I moved over here. I miss LA!!!! What a coincidence, I work in Dunwoody and live in Lawrenceville!!

amberD-yay for you on your running!!!

Kar73-WTG on putting you first and wokring out. Great job on your loss

smolderingvixen--wow...good eating and a 3-mile walk?? I know I can only master one at a time (eating and excercising). Good for you. Keep it up!!

mommyofthree--awesome loss!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!!

I was about to ask who else is trying the fat smash diet that is in the challange. Iam hoping to start Monday. i can say I have been at this for a year. I have pretty good habits already exercise 6 times a week so I think It might help jump start me again. who else is on this.
Old 09-29-2006, 02:52 PM   #157  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

HEY GIRLS!!! Yesterday I felt the urge to eat carbs. Thank god I was still in my caloric limit yesterday but I was mad thinking that I didn't eat very nutritionally or mindful of what I ate. Today is a different story.....I just got in from the gym. I let ds sleep in (as he's off from school for a 3 week break) and when he got up at 9:45am....he said 'lets go to the gym MOM," hehe....he wanted to see what other kids were in the daycare room. We raced around getting dressed and doing a bazillion of things, but after all was said and done, I had a GREAT WORKOUT!!! I'm glad we went!! See how easy it was for me NOT to go to the gym? My excuse was it was too late to go with him sleeping in. I have to really get back to just doing it!!!

Great job everyone on their losses!!!
Old 09-29-2006, 06:41 PM   #158  
Kimmy

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/130

Height: 5 foot nada

Hey guys,

How was your day today? I treated myself today since I always do after my weigh ins. I had KFC but I'm going for a walk in a bit and then 20 minutes on the elliptical. That should do the trick.

Hey *skrog*, I'm doing Weight Watchers and no this wasn't my first week. I truely wasn't OP the week before last and I think I was holding onto some serious water weight. That and I really think all the hard work I put into it two weeks ago finally caught up with me and that's why I showed a loss. I worked really harf this past week for that and I'm happy about it.

Better get going before it gets too late.

Kim
Old 09-30-2006, 04:40 PM   #159  

hows everyone doing on saturday? i did good yesterday! i did not excercise but stayed within my food plan! so that is a good thing, and so far so good today, i have eaten well within my points and have plenty left for dinner!! hope every one else is having a good saturday!
Old 09-30-2006, 06:50 PM   #160  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Having a good day skrog. Today was ds's mega soccer games and tae kwon do, so no workout unfortunately as the gym closes early. Food has been good though, and supper is broiled salmon. yum yum
Old 09-30-2006, 07:54 PM   #161  

Red face

yanno, the only kind of Salmon I've ever had was in the form of patty's my nanny fried, I've never had a Salmon steak. I did see that Gordon's carries it and i love to get the baked lemmon pepper fish they carry. Anybody ever tried the Salmon? Did ya like it?
Old 09-30-2006, 10:49 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 270/207/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharityKB View Post
Amy, I am doing the program using the time approach, not distance. If you do start it, let me know, I will cheer you on!
I want to start it but have to figure out how to go about it. Are you doing this as cross-country type jogging or are you using a treadmill? I would love to do the outside approach, but don't know how to figure that in with twins. I don't have a jogging stroller AND, I'm not sure I could jog and push and extra 100 pounds (them and the stroller). I told my dh about it last night, though. Maybe we can work something out. I'll let you know.
Old 09-30-2006, 11:41 PM   #163  
Martha

S/C/G: 259/221/135

Height: 5'4"

Amy,
I'm having the same trouble. I don't have twins but I have a 23 month old and a 5 month old and a double stroller, not jogging, front/back stroller. I have been walking with them, but my Daughter spends part of the time whining.. "I wanna walk.. I wanna walk". Which is at a snails pace. So, I tell her it's Mommy's excercise time, then about 2 blocks from home, I let her get out and walk. It's not great excercise, but I'm starting to get out. Not sure what I'm going to do when winter hits. I did start dancing last night though. LOL We pumped up the volume and played some fun music and my daughter and I were dancing crazy in the living room. While doing that, I thought.. HEY.. this is a great arobics workout. LOL I was feeling like my heart was working better and my breathing was increasing.... maybe that can be my workout some days. It was fun and my daughter had a great time.

OK.. That turned into a weird post. LOL Not about marathon training at all..
Old 10-01-2006, 12:33 AM   #164  

well i did it again today, yey me, i stuck to my eating plan!! no i did not excercise but i will incorporate that in when i feel super solid with the eating piece! good job to all of you who stuck to it today!! talk to you tommorrow!
Old 10-01-2006, 02:57 AM   #165  
Determined

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivaLicious0467 View Post
yanno, the only kind of Salmon I've ever had was in the form of patty's my nanny fried, I've never had a Salmon steak. I did see that Gordon's carries it and i love to get the baked lemmon pepper fish they carry. Anybody ever tried the Salmon? Did ya like it?
The only salmon I've had that I liked was in restaurants. My favorite was a terriyaki glazed baked salmon. I've never been able to duplicate it at home. If anyone has any good recipes though, I'd love to try again!