The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 11-06-2006, 02:33 PM   #301  

Height: 5'6''

WOW AMBER!!! Congrats! I run 2-3 times a week, but the most I have done is 3.25 miles (and I am soooo slow). I can't even imagine 26 miles! Way to go!
Old 11-07-2006, 09:30 AM   #302  

S/C/G: 270/207/150

Height: 5'6"

Charity,

You have inspired me to start running. I think you're the one who shared the couch to 5K program. I decided today is the day! I'm going to start on the treadmill, though. Its getting cold in Tennessee and there is NO WAY I'm going to run outside when its cold enough to freeze my breath! hehehe.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:36 AM   #303  

Good morning losers!

Its time for an update. Actually, I should have done this yesterday. I can't believe I forgot to come here and post my stats.

I have now been doing Weight Watchers for 16 weeks and have lost a total of 35 pounds. I can't believe the difference that makes. Man, that's how much one of my twins weighs. By the time I make it to Onederland I will have lost as much as both my twins weigh together. When I hit 85 pounds I will have lost more than my 10 year old weighs. My goal weight will mean I've lost nearly what my 13 year old weighs. Really puts it in perspective, huh???

On to this week's loss. I lost another 2.8 pounds. That means in two weeks I lost over 6 pounds. More than the weight of a bag of sugar! Amazing.

I've also dropped from a tight 22W to a very loose 18W in jeans and from a 26/28 top to a comfy 18/20.

I also did something I've NEVER done before. I actually RAN on the treadmill Sunday. I was able to run 3/4 mile. Astounding.

I hope seeing all these changes inspires someone to stick to it and press through what may look like tough times right now!! It can be done.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:59 PM   #304  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Way to go Amy! Your successes are impressive and inspirational!

I do some running (actually a better term for me is jogging). It really helps with my weight loss but I am very busy right now and find it hard to fit in. I've been trying to lose weight by eating less but am not very successful. I think it is helping me from gaining though and I guess that is something.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:19 PM   #305  
Domestic Engineer

WTG, Amy!!

I am on week 8 of the couch to 5K running program and doing 28 minutes now. Very slowly- so it's just over 2 miles, but hey! It's working I'm hoping now that my minutes on the treadmill are up the fat will just fall off now
Old 11-07-2006, 02:47 PM   #306  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Great job Amy!

I'm not on a plan for my exercise but I'm finding it hard to fit in exercise with so much going on in my life right now. I hope the best for you! I plan on losing about 80 lbs in the end for myself. I'm already at a great start with 12.5 pounds!

Let's keep up the good work guys.... I'm very excited to announce the week 8 results on Monday!
Old 11-07-2006, 03:20 PM   #307  

Way to go Amy!!! You are doing so well. Emily, glad you are doing the program too! I am really slow too, so don't worry about it. Speed will come in time!
Old 11-07-2006, 11:35 PM   #308  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

O Amy that's fantastic!!! Congratulations!

Jenlynn and everyone else doing the couch to 5k program that is great!!! I honestly don't know if I could run three miles straight, I think that is so terrific.

And I am super slow too. If I hauled some serious buns I could maaaaaaaaaybe break a 13 minute mile. But you know what they say about slow and steady!

Yea, weigh in tomorrow... probably gonna not do so great. I was all pumped before about the amount of exercise I was doing, but when you eat everything in sight, the exercise only can do some much
Old 11-09-2006, 08:21 AM   #309  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnhydermom View Post
Good morning losers!

Its time for an update. Actually, I should have done this yesterday. I can't believe I forgot to come here and post my stats.

I have now been doing Weight Watchers for 16 weeks and have lost a total of 35 pounds. I can't believe the difference that makes. Man, that's how much one of my twins weighs. By the time I make it to Onederland I will have lost as much as both my twins weigh together. When I hit 85 pounds I will have lost more than my 10 year old weighs. My goal weight will mean I've lost nearly what my 13 year old weighs. Really puts it in perspective, huh???

On to this week's loss. I lost another 2.8 pounds. That means in two weeks I lost over 6 pounds. More than the weight of a bag of sugar! Amazing.

I've also dropped from a tight 22W to a very loose 18W in jeans and from a 26/28 top to a comfy 18/20.

I also did something I've NEVER done before. I actually RAN on the treadmill Sunday. I was able to run 3/4 mile. Astounding.

I hope seeing all these changes inspires someone to stick to it and press through what may look like tough times right now!! It can be done.
WOW Amy! What an inspiration you are!!!! When I started WW, my first 16 weeks I only lost 5 lbs! The I went back on my final week and started my period and had gained back 1 lb so Tncare kicked me off the program. Sure I could go back to the WW meetings but I can't afford it. After that and some other disappointments I went into a deep depression and well, I gained it all back. I feel like such a loser and not in a good way. i feel like I'm the only one on the planet that didn't freaking lose weight on WW! Anyway, I "woke-up" today and have rededicated myself to WW and with the tools I have and this forum, hopefully I can shed these LBS and get what i want out of life. it's time for me to STOP settling for second best and get what I want out of life!!!!! Anyway, I am so proud that you've lost 35 lbs in the first 16 weeks! That is sooooo very awesome!!! I know I can do this!
Old 11-09-2006, 09:43 AM   #310  

Diva, you can do it!! We are all here to support you!

CharityKB
Old 11-20-2006, 08:33 AM   #311  

I have now lost 37.6 pounds following WW's Flex plan!!!!!! I am 4.4 pounds away from meeting my BL challenge. I'm very excited. Can you tell?
Old 11-24-2006, 02:05 PM   #312  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Default Prevention Magazine's December issue..........

..........features the Biggest Loser crew, if anyone wants to pick it up to check it out. Kia from Alaska is on the cover.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:52 AM   #313  
It's 2014, I need help!

S/C/G: 298/298/180

Who got voted off on the show last week (the 22nd????) I can't seem to find it.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:59 AM   #314  

Height: 5"5

I don't think it was on last week. Now it is on this weeke. I nkow becuz i was excited I would notiss it when we traveled for Thanksgiving.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:41 PM   #315  
Martha

S/C/G: 259/221/135

Height: 5'4"

Yeah.. it wasn't on last week. It was one week where I was home and didn't need to set my VCR to record it. (Yes.. I live in the stone age.. no DVR here). I was excited about seeing it while it was on and sat down to watch it, only to find Madonna's live tour in London on instead. UGH!!!!

Martha