The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 10-06-2006, 12:22 PM   #211  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Up +1 lb, sorry TOM is coming. I have been excercising and eating well OP soooo look out next week!!
Old 10-07-2006, 02:36 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 199/173/115

Height: 5'2"

hows everyone this weekend?? so far so good for me, i have not went over my points, i did use a few weekly points last night to go out to dinner, but still have 15 left so not to bad! and i have a game plan for today, my kids got donuts this morning, and i really wanted one but did not and figured that if i have points to spare after dinner i can have one for dessert! i am pleased with my progress and am hopping to lose another 2 pounds this week
Old 10-07-2006, 03:45 PM   #213  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Hello everybody! Hope you all are doing well!

As for me: doing good! I am sticking to Atkins and dropping the pudge... I was faced with an ice cream sundae today while visiting my family, and I got away with eating about 2 Tb. of Cool Whip off the top and handing off the rest to my "garbage disposal" Dad! (I tried to get out of it but my aunt made me one anyway, after I said I didn't need any after a bacon & eggs breakfast. Er, family...)

I am making a crockpot pork loin roast now with onions and skinny red Italian roasting peppers. Mmm yum yum!

Other good news: I needed some new (smaller thank God) jeans. I was planning on Old Navy since they're pretty cheap. Then I thought, why not try the Salvation Army? Might get lucky... I tried on about 12 pairs that I culled out of the giant 2 racks they had, and was down to my LAST PAIR, which were nice dark wash Ralph Lauren Polo jeans... that look brand-new!

Guess what? THEY FIT GREAT! (size 38x30, guess they are guys'.) Whee!

And I got them for..... *drum roll* $3.50! SWEET!

HAPPY DANCE!

p.s. I our new Smilies! Even a swimming one! And the book-reading one... too friggin' cute! Check 'em out!

p.p.s. Attached is a pic of my "new" jeans
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jeans-back.jpg (49.8 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by BerkshireGrl; 10-07-2006 at 04:46 PM.
Old 10-07-2006, 05:42 PM   #214  

nice jeans, wow 3.50 AMAZING, cool i just checked out all the smileys they rock!
Old 10-07-2006, 10:42 PM   #215  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

I bought myself some jeans this weekend TOO.....Didn't get them cheap but have been talking myself out of buying them for a month now ...so I saved 25% waiting so long to buy

awwww love the new Smilies
Old 10-08-2006, 01:15 PM   #216  

hi guys, it's sunday and so far so good for me!! how is the rest of the red team doing??? and the blue team too??? i have totally stuck to my eating plan so far, yey!! hope everyone else is doing well too!!!
Old 10-09-2006, 09:28 AM   #217  
Fat-be-gone

sarah---being skinnier means so much more clothes for cheap. I've found so much clothes and on clearance but I couldn't buy it because they don't fit . Fitting into clothes is definitely one of the perks I'm looking forward to!
Old 10-09-2006, 11:39 AM   #218  
Determined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosario View Post
sarah---being skinnier means so much more clothes for cheap. I've found so much clothes and on clearance but I couldn't buy it because they don't fit . Fitting into clothes is definitely one of the perks I'm looking forward to!

Me too. Sometimes when my motivation is flagging, a trip to the mall to see all the things I want to wear helps out!
Old 10-09-2006, 11:52 AM   #219  

S/C/G: 270/207/150

Height: 5'6"

I'm excited. I'm Down 3.6# this week for a total of 26.2#. I'm "that close" to reaching my first 10% loss!!

Hoping everyone had a great week. Best wishes to both teams, and more to everyone putting their best foot forward to lose and have a healthier lifestyle.

Thanks to both the ladies who compile our information each week. Encouragement to everyone else to make sure, for their sake and your team, to post your stats by Saturday night. That's the rules of the game we all agreed to.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:24 PM   #220  

good monday morning everyone! i am feeling good and doing well hoping for a nice 2 pound loss this week, fingers crossed, i weigh in at weight watchers on wednesday so we shall see (but, i did have to weigh myself this morning at home for the weight watchers challenge and i am down a pound!, although my scale is slightly different from the weight watchers scale, so for this challenge i am strictly going by my weight watchers weigh in, and for the weight watchers challenge i am strictly going by my monday home scale weight in...) any way good luck this week to everyone!
Old 10-09-2006, 09:36 PM   #221  
Martha

S/C/G: 259/221/135

Height: 5'4"

Sooo my daughter is turning 2 on Wednesday and my son 6 months on Wednesday. They're exactly 18 months apart to the day. We're having a party for her on Wednesday with her little playgroup friends. Just 4 little friends and their moms. Then a family party on Saturday with grandma and aunt and uncles. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.. let me have enough will power to not over indulge. I've been dreading this week since the start of the competition because I knew it might be a bump in the road. I'm giving half the cupcakes away because it makes 2 dozen and i'm only using a dozen to create the number 2 for her party. So I'm taking the other dozen to our bible study on Tuesday evening so they're out of our house.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:21 PM   #222  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosario View Post
sarah---being skinnier means so much more clothes for cheap...
Rosario: Bring it on, I say Yeah, all the really cool sale clothes are like 8-6-4 and down. Some day soon!

Losing4another: 25% discount is not too shabby either! New jeans = ego boost

*skrog*: I was kinda shocked to find something at the SA that 1) fit really well and 2) was almost-new or new! and 3) was designer (though I feel a bit iffy about a big logo on my butt heh!) I think the "Sal" will be my temporary clothing emporium while I drop sizes

Good luck to all you chickies out there! Let's have another kick-fat-to-the-curb week! to those pounds!
Old 10-10-2006, 01:48 AM   #223  

CONFESSION i went 4 points over my allowed points for the week so that sucks but back on track in the morning, or right now technically, cause i am not going to eat any more tonight and blow it even more! well now that, that is off my chest i think i will go to bed!
Old 10-10-2006, 11:09 AM   #224  

{{{{{{{{Martha}}}}}}}}} Happy Birthday to your Daughter and here's wishing you lots and lots of I know you can do it gf!!!! I was looking at your weight loss line and not only are we both Misplaced GA peaches, but we wanna weight the same too! hehe How cool is that?
Old 10-10-2006, 08:39 PM   #225  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

Hey Ladies!!!!

Happy Birthday to your daughter Mom2JessNJosh! I'm sure you'll do fine at the birthday party and following days. You've seemed to have planned well. Cupcakes sound like a smart idea over cake to me. Easier to get rid of, and easier to portion control if you do decide to have one!

I was bad this weekend I was so good during the week, but sooooo bad over the weekend. So bad. But I tried to be extra good today and I made it to the gym today, so hopefully I'll be able to put up decent numbers tomorrow.

I've never been a fan of shopping. I don't know if losing weight is going to change that.