The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 03-23-2011, 08:47 PM   #406  

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypie View Post
that would be acting against his own self interests. What happens when they legitimately lose a weigh in? then he is up for elimination because kaylee is gone
Ooh. Excellent point. Honestly it's unfair to blame it on Ken but I'm still annoyed with him. He was never in my top 5 or even top 10. I hope he goes soon.

And I agree Kaylee needs to lose more weight. All this talk about confidence and being through with her journey was extremely frustrating. I dont believe she'll lose the weight by herself. I really dont.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:31 PM   #407  

S/C/G: 183/183/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomato View Post
He did not need to throw anything ... he could have waterlogged a little so that the greens would be up for elimination. Since Kaylee wanted out, chances were very high that she would be sent home.
If Kaylee wanted to go home that badly, then she alone could have taken it upon herself to sabotage the green team's weigh-in. Maybe she did, maybe she didn't, with a 0 gain/loss it's hard to tell what she did. I know at 178lbs myself that if I slip up a bit I'll jump up to 181 or 182, so I'm hardpressed to believe she tried herself. But I agree with the person before who stated that she has absolutely no right to ask someone else to throw a weigh in for her. [EDIT] And the waterlogging might or might not have worked. Ken lost 7lbs, which was huge for this week. So I doubt that it would have made that big of a difference, and it would still be rude of her to ask.

Ken's business is his very own. If he personally chose not to do anything to help her leave, then that's his decision. I would have respected it either way.

Regardless, there will be plenty more episodes for her to sacrifice-eliminate herself, so what does it matter? Let her be a placeholder.

Last edited by Jelbelle; 03-23-2011 at 11:33 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:45 AM   #408  
Marianne

S/C/G: 310/285/135

Height: 5'4"

I just dont think it's right to ask anyone to do that. I agree that she could have done more to sabatoge herself...don't expect other people to do it, even if it's "just waterloading".

It's kind of a slap in the face to the trainers who are working there to help them in my opinion. I know there's a lot of ideas about what goes on behind the scenes...but like Allison said...it's not a prison. At the end of the day...they are there to lose weight, so it's counter productive to expect people to gain weight for you. If you do it on your own, that's your choice...but don't expect other people to do it. That's why it didn't bother me when the parents did it...they did it to help out their children...not for their own self interest. The whole thing is just irritating. The way she acted was ridiculous. Like her life was over because she was there for 1 more week. What about her father? Did she think about how that would impact him? They were a team there...and he thought about going home, and his wife was exactly right...you stay as long as you can to get healthy. She should do the same thing. Moses was starting to feel weak and his wife gave him the boost he needed to keep plugging. Maybe Kaylee should have had that call home.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:19 AM   #409  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypie View Post
that would be acting against his own self interests. What happens when they legitimately lose a weigh in? then he is up for elimination because kaylee is gone
Not sure if I quite understand what you mean. You mean next week? (assming the greens helped Kaylee go home, and then there would be only Ken and AUstin left on the green team)? - well, for one thing, I believe if somebody waterlogs will actually help him/her have better results the next week - haven't we seen it many times before, when the contestant who had immunity that current week did not lose and then suddenly, next week, boom, almost double weight loss?

In any case, unless she (Kaylee) comes around and rethinks her decision that she is where she needs to be (weightloss-wise and emotions-wise), I think she will continue to sabotage to get herself out. We have seen plenty of examples that it is not that difficult. In that case, it would be very counterproductive to keep her on the team.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:47 PM   #410  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

I'm in the annoyed at Kaylee came. I've thought about this... she's the same height as me and roughly the same build. The mid-170's is the lowest weight I've been since college and always a place I get stuck at, those last 20lbs are evil!

I just can't imagine WANTING to go home when you're so close to your goal! At the ranch she might have been able to pull 20lbs in 4 weeks if she worked really hard and then she'd be DONE. She could work on maintenance when she got home. I just don't get why she has to rush home especially since I don't think she's married AND her dad is still there.

But I agree. She should've waterlogged more. 0lbs is nothing... If I drink enough water I could easily up my weight like crazy (and eat a ton of salt!). As for asking her teammates... well, I don't think there's anything wrong with asking but if they didn't want to do it they should've told her up front so she didn't get her hopes up. I mostly got really annoyed that she found out at the weigh-in. They should've talked about that as a team BEFORE and came to a decision BEFORE the weigh-in.

Ken and Austin are just boring (although Austin seems a bit better). They still seem rather neutral to me and this just hasn't changed my opinion about them much.

Oh, and as for Justin. I REALLY think that he was portrayed poorly in the beginning episodes. It really spoke volumes how EVERYBODY regardless of which team they started on was so sad to see him go. I think we got a few bad glimses of him to add more drama early on but the way people really respected him made me think we haven't been seeing the whole story. So I'm a bit sad we didn't get to see the good side of him earlier on. I wish him lots of luck at home, though!! Speaking of which I wasn't able to see the transformation moment, did he loose more at home???
Old 03-24-2011, 12:50 PM   #411  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

It would of been better for Kaylee to have waterlogged. That way it would be a sure thing she didn't get immunity, since she is at a low weight losing even just a few pounds can equal a high percentage like we seen with Marci. I'm surprised she wanted to go home so bad though, just last week they were saying she still needed to be there.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:06 PM   #412  

S/C/G: 197/175.6/145

Height: 5'7"

I say good for Ken! To take care of himself, and not care what others are doing. He is there for himself.

I am getting really annoyed with the players lately. Does anyone really want to be there anymore? Besides a few of the women I get the impression that they are all just over it and want to go home. They knew what they were in for when they signed up to be on the show. I would take advantage of every moment I had there. Missing your family sucks, but come on, it is only a few months. And you will gain YEARS to spend with your family.

Wonder how much the new team from home has lost on their own?? Now how are they going to split up the teams?? Can't wait till next Tues.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:22 AM   #413  
Marianne

I almost died at how excited Jillian was to get her hands on Rulon...and then her and Bob during the last chance work out. Hilarious. Love it.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:29 AM   #414  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

It seemed to me like Jillian and Rulon had a sort of connection he didn't develop with the "unknown" trainers. I laughed while they were working out...
Old 03-28-2011, 02:13 PM   #415  
Marianne

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindiV View Post
It seemed to me like Jillian and Rulon had a sort of connection he didn't develop with the "unknown" trainers. I laughed while they were working out...
I completely agree. He didn't seem like such a tough guy bully but more a real person.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:02 PM   #416  

Height: 5'3

Ok, I did not expect that at all. I was so disappointed with the girls when they picked massages over their trainer. Get a massage at home!

After seeing the post on the other forum about one member meeting the contestants who went home, including Courtney, I thought for sure it would be her. I'm happy that it's not but I was not expecting Jen.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:13 PM   #417  
Token Vulcan

Okay....the whole thing with the white team...I felt like the show built their hopes up for nothing. As soon as Ali said they had to beat Kaylee's percentage I knew they were dead meat...Kaylee, who has spent all this time on the show, working out 8 hours a day vs. people who had to do it at home? They were never going to beat her. Ugh, I hate when they dangle that carrot in front of people and take it away, never allowing them to spend a day at the ranch. It's a pattern the last few seasons that I can't stand.

Not unhappy about Jen going home. Never really warmed up to her. Granted, I don't seem to be wild about the majority of the women they've had on this season. Then again, would have been thrilled if Rulon had gone. Can we switch out Rulon and get Justin back? I just have Arthur's online interview in my head where he said Rulon wouldn't allow the others to vote anybody off but Arthur. I think Justin may have been the captain, the motivator and Rulon is more the "out for #1" type. He just doesn't strike me as inspiring.

The show tonight seemed kind of disjointed and all over the place, not to mention a big commercial for Hop. (I felt bopped with Hop.) I did like the egg hunt, though.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:17 AM   #418  
Jeri

S/C/G: 286/142.6/150/new goal 140

Height: 5-4

I thought the same thing about the white team. I honestly think it was a really cruel thing to do to them.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:08 AM   #419  
Marianne

I was sad to see Jen go...but that was sooooooo Duuuuuuuuumb.

I would have gotten the gym membership, the $300 for food and used the rest to have my trainer as many days as possible. I wish Courtney had stood up to Jen.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:21 AM   #420  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

I agree about the white team. What a let down. I thought the golden egg was such a rip off. I don't know what Jen was thinking with spa treatments. Hopefully Courtney can bust through this sticking point she's at...