The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 01-24-2010, 10:16 AM   #136  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammygirl View Post
The orange team hasn't been mentioned much. I have to say that they are my new favorites.
I love the orange team too! He is already a cutie and when he loses he will be even more cute!

Anyone wonder if there is a romance going on this season with anyone? Last season so many romances happened that we didn't find out about until later....I'm just wondering if the same might be happening with orange guy and purple girl, Stephanie. It's just a thought cause he was very upset that week when she and her mom were up for elimination!
Old 01-24-2010, 11:22 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieLou View Post
Anyone wonder if there is a romance going on this season with anyone? Last season so many romances happened that we didn't find out about until later....I'm just wondering if the same might be happening with orange guy and purple girl, Stephanie. It's just a thought cause he was very upset that week when she and her mom were up for elimination!
I had that same thought too regaring orange guy and purple girl! But it's only week 3 so maybe at this point a close friendship is blossoming, which can bloom into anything!
Old 01-24-2010, 09:01 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 270.6/161.0/150

Height: 5'8"

Orange guy and purple girl would be SO cute together!
Old 01-25-2010, 12:30 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

Can't wait for tomorrow's episode! Even though a lot of us have mentioned that the Red team chick has to go, she does keep it interesting. So maybe keeping her around for a bit wouldn't be so bad. She'd give Jillian someone to truely beat upon! I love watching Jill beat on people when they piss her off!
Old 01-25-2010, 01:00 PM   #140  
Originally Joined in 1999

S/C/G: 284/191/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBN View Post
I lost a lot of respect for the red team. I think the water loading is a perfectly acceptable game strategy, but lying about it is just bull-oney. I suppose it makes for more interesting viewing, but I don't particularly like seeing all of the yelling ...

I also think the Gray team has a great attitude - they didn't care if they had immunity, they worked just as hard. Good for them!

On Biggest Loser Australia water loading will get you up for eviction regardless. They don't take it at all. I think it was the first or second season they had problems with that and Bob and Jillian did not like it AT ALL prompting the rule change. So she's probably smart not to admit that's what she's doing.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:12 PM   #141  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Can we do some math though? She must have lost at least...what 16 pounds in the last two weeks.

Did she chug a gallon of water last week, and then two gallons this week? Did anyone check here profile to look to see if her abdomen looked engorged? (no I don't have time. )

What's she going to do next week if they get immunity again, chug three gallons?
Old 01-25-2010, 07:05 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 190/170/130

Height: 5'2"

That lady on red team really hacks me off. I think that if she loses anything this week they should divide that number by 3 and only give her a third of it!

First to smirk and act smarmy the first time around, then to lie the second week! Girl.... please.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:01 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 264.2/264.2/150

Height: 5'5"

they make me sick. always whining about the husband not making good money anymore, and its "so hard"for them... she's a freaking lawyer, they got money. They should come up here and try living on my husband's salary for a couple of months and then see how "hard" they think they have it at home. People like them are the reason i am so anti-social, lol. And the woman admitted that she didnt want to lose weight the first week they had immunity... GRRRRRRRRR!!!
Old 01-26-2010, 07:47 PM   #144  
50 is the new 40!

S/C/G: 165/165/140

Height: All of 5ft Tall

I gonna post now so the karma kicks in but..........red team go home!
Old 01-26-2010, 08:49 PM   #145  

I am SO with you Mercy! The red team wife is so fake...it was obvious she was lying on the scale last week. They are only there to win the game not to lose the weight.

I loved getting the update on Shay! I have a new respect for her. She looks so great! Hope she loses a lot and gets a bunch of money!

I love, love, love the gray team! I like all teams except the red....dang and I'm on the red team here....they are not doing my color justice!!!!!!! LOL! I wish the green team didn't feel so isolated there...that makes me sad. I hope they kick butt too!

But, I will be sad if the orange guy goes...he seems like a sweetheart! Good show tonight!!!! Mercy, I hope your karma kicks in!
Old 01-26-2010, 08:55 PM   #146  

awww I just saw where the gray team chose the phone call for the green team! that makes me happy I'm all tears now! geez!
Old 01-26-2010, 08:58 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 250+/176/149

Height: 5'7"

I love the grey team even more.

I'm glad they gave the call to the green team - and I think it says a lot about them as people that they gave it to the red team, too. I think the red team chick is lying - but she's still a Mom who loves and misses her kids. It was a really decent thing for them to do.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:29 PM   #148  
50 is the new 40!

S/C/G: 165/165/140

Height: All of 5ft Tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercy03 View Post
I gonna post now so the karma kicks in but..........red team go home!
Well, alot of good that did. They got immunity. Again.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:38 PM   #149  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercy03 View Post
Well, alot of good that did. They got immunity. Again.
yes, again
Old 01-26-2010, 10:13 PM   #150  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

I still think she water loaded. Three weeks and 11 pounds? You got to be kidding me. She saved some weight for next week for sure.

Spoiler ahead........... *drag to view

As much as Magdalia needs to be there to get past her emotional stuff I think it is more important for her to be home with her husband. They mentioned he deploys for Afghanistan in 5 weeks and I can only hope and pray that he makes it home safe.

The teaser made it sound like one of the two teams at home kicked some serious ***. Of course the teaser messed with us this last week with reds weigh in.

I think my faves are the grey team and the girl from the purple.