The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 01-26-2010, 10:30 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 155/*see ticker*/115

Height: 5'2

Hate the red team...btw never posted in here haha but tonights show really pissed me off!

The red lady is such a liar, she gets on my nerves. But I did love how Jillian was just laughing at her when she was crying, it was pretty funny :P

Also, LOVE Sam from the grey team. And love Stephanie, the purple girl. She was working so hard during that first immunity challenge and couldn't catch a break!
Old 01-26-2010, 11:31 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 250+/176/149

Height: 5'7"

If I'd have been Migdalia, I'd have wanted to go home, too. Her husband is now in Afghanistan and they have two kids. I'd have wanted to see him before he left and be with my kids while he was gone.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:18 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 168/159.5/140

Height: 5'8"

I love love love those Tongan cousins! So much heart, both for the challenge and for their fellow competitors. They have a lot of class and I hope they go all the way.

As for the red team, that hatchet-faced wench can get off my tv anytime now.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:22 AM   #154  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhichick View Post
If I'd have been Migdalia, I'd have wanted to go home, too. Her husband is now in Afghanistan and they have two kids. I'd have wanted to see him before he left and be with my kids while he was gone.
I've been thinking about this for awhile and something just bothers me about her and her mother's attitude. Did she not sign up for this? Does she realize how many people would love to have the chance she had to be on this show and get the help that they needed to get the weight off?

I totally understand about her missing her kids and husband but I have to ask- why did she leave them in the first place?

Personally I thought that her and her mother had rotten attitudes and both deserved to go home. I can't stand the red team either but I feel that the green team need an attitude adjustment. The daughter was already high strung with emotions at times since the beginning of the show. I felt like they both just gave up so that the daughter could get what she wanted and go home (she has said several times that she wanted to go home in previous weeks)- any chance that they may have water loaded this week? I wonder- had they not got the two pound disadvantage from the Red Team- what would have been their excuse for doing so poorly this week?

My favorite team is the orange team. I know that drama keeps a lot of people watching but it sure would be nice to see more of these two being discussed. They seem so pleasant and down to earth- I guess that doesn't produce ratings LOL.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:48 AM   #155  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 333/310/260

Height: 5'9"

I just wanna MARRY one of the gray team members!!!

Still watching, so, I haven't read the comments, but I'll be back to do that soon.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:56 AM   #156  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelslady View Post
I totally understand about her missing her kids and husband but I have to ask- why did she leave them in the first place?
Well...I can understand her wanting to go home. I know I couldn't be away from my daughter like that. And then on top of that her husband was leaving to go to a place where he may never return and she couldn't even hug him before he left! I'm sure it was exciting to her at first but as the days went on...she realized where she needed to be. I would feel the same way. I'm glad she got to home before he left. I think she will do good now. It would be too hard to lose weight with all of that going on at home. IMHO. Also, I don't know how I would feel with cameras in my face all the time. I don't think I would like that. Sometimes they just don't think about what they are really signing up for also.

For some reason I couldn't get your quote in here about the orange team but I love them too! I would really love to see them go a long way on the show!

Last edited by Violet73; 01-27-2010 at 07:56 AM.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:05 AM   #157  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
I've been thinking about this for awhile and something just bothers me about her and her mother's attitude. Did she not sign up for this? Does she realize how many people would love to have the chance she had to be on this show and get the help that they needed to get the weight off?
I know Migdalia was quite angry in previous episodes but I haven't caught the season at the very beginning and since the show overlaps with my Zumba class, I always see only the second hour. I don't if they gave up - they certainly did not seem too during the challenge where they had to hoist themselves up on those construction platforms (or whatever it was). I actually got very emotional when Miggy said they got to fight for the phone call home because if another team wins nobody will let have the call. I don't if they felt, from the very beginning, somehow emotionally separated from the rest of the contestants ... like I said, I see only half of each episode at best. But, I really liked the green team and I rooted for them.

I was pissed off ('scuse my French) that the red team stayed. Jesus Christ, at least ANOTHER episode with that lying b*tch? They can't go home fast enough for me. (Did somebody say she is a lawyer? If so, I would have expected her verbal skills to be better honed.) I had to laugh when she whined about being accused of being a liar on national television. I think both Jillian and Bob were too kind to her.

The grey team simply rocks. But I am sorry I don't like the oranges. I don't find the orange dude is cute at all but I do like the purple gal.

Edited to add:

1. I burst out laughing when Jillian started waxing eloquently about the Ziplock bags. That was so subtle! (NO)

2. Ilene, I love your haircut.

Last edited by Tomato; 01-27-2010 at 09:08 AM.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:16 AM   #158  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Red team - sigh. Yes, my dear, Jillian AND Bob called you a liar on national television, but even if they hadn't, millions of viewers around the country were calling you a liar in their living rooms. "is that number right" oh, she is a terrible actor! (and a liar, LOL)

While I understand Megdalia's wanting to be home before her DH deployed, I don't respect the ATTITUDE! I wanted to smack the sour puss face she had on in every shot! She and her mother have been given an opportunity that many others would have embraced wholeheartedly - if she had reservations before it started, she should have backed out. And the mother - holy ****, how's the outlook on life, lady? Yikes.

I really do love the gray team, and the purple girl.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:28 AM   #159  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/136

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
I agree, they had such a bad attitude. When they did the first challenge (marathon on the bikes) they seemed to be very determined and had a positive outlook on the whole process. Now they just seem mad about everything. They both looked really ticked off when they got on the scales..crossing their arms and all. They annoy me more than the red team.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:53 AM   #160  

S/C/G: 198/128/138

Height: 5'7

Quote:
As for the red team, that hatchet-faced wench can get off my tv anytime now.

Also, had to add that I too love the greay team and think they're both adorable now and will be smoking hot at the end.

Last edited by amynbebes; 01-27-2010 at 09:56 AM.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:00 AM   #161  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimphin View Post
While I understand Megdalia's wanting to be home before her DH deployed, I don't respect the ATTITUDE! I wanted to smack the sour puss face she had on in every shot! She and her mother have been given an opportunity that many others would have embraced wholeheartedly - if she had reservations before it started, she should have backed out. And the mother - holy ****, how's the outlook on life, lady? Yikes.

I really do love the gray team, and the purple girl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriehohlf View Post
I agree, they had such a bad attitude. When they did the first challenge (marathon on the bikes) they seemed to be very determined and had a positive outlook on the whole process. Now they just seem mad about everything. They both looked really ticked off when they got on the scales..crossing their arms and all. They annoy me more than the red team.
I am so glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. I feel like the mother thinks her doo doo don't stink and her attitude is very bitter and sour. I also believe that her attitude rubbed off on her daughter- she simply did not care about being there and there was no changing her mind. She was going to take her ball and go home because things weren't going their way.

I just wish we could know if they would have had the same loss without knowing about the two pound disadvantage ahead of time. I still think that they both water logged themselves before the weigh in as both of them did very poorly this week. Usually one partner may do poorly but the other does well. It will be interesting to see if the mother does well next week. I really don't care to see her ungracious attitude on TV. Emotion and passion is fine, but acting like two pouty, *****y, two year olds is not entertainment to me.

I always root for everyone on the show until they give me reason not to. These two just got under my skin with all of their huffing and puffing throughout the show last night.

Like everyone else- I don't care for the red team. However they had to pick three teams to give those cards to and no matter who they gave the two pound loss to, someone would have been upset at first but I'm sure that the others would have rose to the challenge and worked hard to overcome that disadvantage.

Last edited by Steelslady; 01-27-2010 at 11:02 AM.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:12 AM   #162  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Personally I thought that her and her mother had rotten attitudes and both deserved to go home. I can't stand the red team either but I feel that the green team need an attitude adjustment. The daughter was already high strung with emotions at times since the beginning of the show. I felt like they both just gave up so that the daughter could get what she wanted and go home (she has said several times that she wanted to go home in previous weeks)- any chance that they may have water loaded this week? I wonder- had they not got the two pound disadvantage from the Red Team- what would have been their excuse for doing so poorly this week?
DITTO!
The green team was nothing but attitude. The red team-well, the lady just needs to stop.talking.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:14 AM   #163  

S/C/G: 200/TICKER/160

Height: 5'7

I tell you what, I think the wife on the red team manipulates her husband as much as she does the scale. Wow.
And the green team... meh. The game wasn't going in their favor and their attitudes were pushing everyone away from them so they gave up. Instead of trying to make friends and push themselves they just decided the world was against them.
From the previews of next weeks episode, it looks like one of the two (if they go to that?) falls below the yellow line walks off.. I wonder if it's the other green member. It wouldn't surprise me - everyone else WANTS to be there.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:21 AM   #164  
Slow and Steady

S/C/G: 353/see ticker/178

Height: 5'11''

So glad to see everyone feels pretty much the same about the Green Team. It's one thing to play the game and throw weigh-ins, but their attitude in general BITES! Migdalia's speech, or lack there of, at the end for why they should vote her off was I think a slap in the face to all the other contestants who were looking for a reason to keep one of them there. I wish they could have sent both of them home. And, I am really over the whole, "Don't cry" bit. Hello!!! It's very clear now that this is your issue. Bottling up emotions is a huge sign of overeating and weight gain and I don't think she had learned enough on the ranch because it didn't seem like her transformation was as WOW as others have been. I noticed in the scenes from next week there is no deliberation or vote needed which means someone who has only 1 team member left is going home. I am betting it's green.

On the flip side, I can't wait to see the 2 teams, blue and yellow, return next week. I am kind of rooting for yellow but could easily be swayed. I really like them both.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:33 AM   #165  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

I agree that the previews made it look as if a one-person team was going home, but I don't think that it is green, since the preview also showed everyone crying. I'm not sure that the other contestants would have that much emotion over Miggy's departure.

And - not sure if anyone has mentioned this before - but it looks like the hair and makeup lady finally got to Jillian this season - eye makeup, curly hair... it looks good on her, but ...odd.