Old 10-01-2008, 10:13 PM   #271  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

NO JOKE! Amy has like 6 hours of exercise on some days! She's acting like she's actually AT the BL ranch!!! Like it's a full time job. No wonder her clothes are falling off!

Kori - sorry you're sick. Strep sucks.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:15 PM   #272  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Heather - how is your food log already on tomorrow? Unless you don't live where you claim to!!
Old 10-01-2008, 10:31 PM   #273  

S/C/G: 253/See Ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Wowzers!!!! Thank you thank you for the birthday wishes!!!! I feel so good after reading all your posts that I actually listened and did something for me........drum roll.......before and during pictures...ta da!!!!!

I'm so excited as I DO see a big difference but now I want to share but how????? Newbie cries for help LOL How do I post a picture on this thread???

Night night fabulous losers :-) Thanks again xoxo
Old 10-01-2008, 10:53 PM   #274  

S/C/G: HW:254/CW:179.8/GW:130

Height: 5'3"

Uggh! I think I have the stomach flu. I haven't been able to keep anything down. I hate getting sick! Don't know how weigh in will go this week. Usually being sick affects weights for a couple of weeks. Hope everyone else is doing better.

p.s. Happy Birthday Tammy

Last edited by alwe74; 10-01-2008 at 10:54 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:16 PM   #275  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Hi all!

Well today was my first day at my new job, and it was great. Totally exhausting and challenging and *awesome*. I think it's actually going to help me lose weight - there's no elevator in my building, they all eat lunch together, and there's not much time to stop for a snack. What a bonus! :P
Old 10-01-2008, 11:24 PM   #276  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwanawurkit View Post
Strep is going around better get it checked out
noooo! I really dont want that >.< it feels a bit better today. or maybe thats my wishful thinking
Old 10-01-2008, 11:24 PM   #277  
calorie counting works!

S/C/G: 171/ticker/135

Well, I ate more than I should have today, but at least I chose good foods. And I made an incredible avocado dressing for my salad. Yummmmmmmm. Unfortunately, I failed to get off my butt and exercise. I spent way too long trying to catch up on the earlier threads (almost there!) So my rule for tomorrow: I'm not allowed to turn on the TV or computer until I've done my workout.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:03 AM   #278  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nori71 View Post
How many tours has he served over there? I think one of my cousins (Marine) did 3 and they other (a Ranger) was actually in Afghanistan for 2 tours and Iraq for 1. They are both out of the military now. They both joined straight out of high school right after 9.11.

\
Its actually his first tour. He's been lucky that he hasn't had to go previously. blah.. anyway.. sorry all, that i keep taling about it.. but thanks so much for all the hugs and support.

I have a year to get my body in hardcore shape.. and then make some babies when he come sback! hahaha it's so hard knowing he will be gone soon.. but it's something I meed to find a way to deal with.

im staying at my friends right now, and joining a gym tomorrow. im excited to get some guidance on weight training, do some classes, and make working out my carreer for a couple months until my work visa gets here.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:54 AM   #279  
WAF Blue Team

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Congrats to Jo...Ive been following her blog and her dedication and motivation are amazing. I know everyones journey is different but sometime I wish to be just a little bit more like Jo.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:36 AM   #280  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nori71 View Post
Heather - how is your food log already on tomorrow? Unless you don't live where you claim to!!
I think your computer is whack a doo?? I mean as long as you ignore the fact I'm really a 14 year old boy named Juan . Oh wait I think that was Rhonda

I didn't post today's (Thursdays) yet? But I normally do in the morning anyway since I plan ahead. Going to do so now!
Old 10-02-2008, 06:10 AM   #281  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxtini View Post
Its actually his first tour. He's been lucky that he hasn't had to go previously. blah.. anyway.. sorry all, that i keep taling about it.. but thanks so much for all the hugs and support.

I have a year to get my body in hardcore shape.. and then make some babies when he come sback! hahaha it's so hard knowing he will be gone soon.. but it's something I meed to find a way to deal with.

im staying at my friends right now, and joining a gym tomorrow. im excited to get some guidance on weight training, do some classes, and make working out my carreer for a couple months until my work visa gets here.
Don't apologize for talking about it!!! We are here for you! My younger brother is in the Army and has done 3 tours in Afghanistan. It's hard for me, but I still cannot imagine how hard it is for my sil and the kids. We all support them the best we can when he is gone, but we aren't him. Luckily he's home now and shouldn't be deployed again for at least a couple of years.

Good for you for joining a gym!
Old 10-02-2008, 06:13 AM   #282  
Gone, baby, gone

S/C/G: 274/212.6/134

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

I am really glad September's over, as it was nothing but event after event after event. And all of them had food involved! This week was Rosh Hashana, and I may have gone overboard with knishes, spring rolls, cookies, and cake. I mean, my sister brought over a cheesecake! I tried to at least be mindful of portions, and have just a taste of what I wanted, but now my body's like - "Ooooh! You had bread and cookies and spring rolls and knishes....let's eat more!"

*sigh* This weekend, we're going to the Melting Pot, because fondue is so healthy. And next week is Yom Kippur - I've never been so looking forward to a day of fasting, to be honest! I really need to buckle down this month and keep on track, which means more salad and less fondue this weekend. Anyway keep up the good work, everyone!

Have a happy, healthy, and sweet New Year!
Old 10-02-2008, 06:20 AM   #283  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning!

Amy--Wow! You look great!

Tammy--Happy belated bday!

Jo--CONGRATS!!!!

Today both dh and I are off from work. We both have eye appts. I need new contacts and we are both getting new glasses. I am hoping to find a pair that I don't hate--there's a good attitude, huh?! I always go in to the process thinking 'this time I will pick a pair that I wouldn't mind wearing outside of the house if I had to' and, well, it hasn't happened yet! It WILL happen today! Then this afternoon it's back to the ortho to have my knee looked at, again. I was able to do a whopping 15 mins of exercise last night at the gym because it hurt so much. NOT acceptable.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-02-2008, 06:28 AM   #284  

S/C/G: 256/203/150

Height: 5'5"

Morning Blue-sers! Had a great OP day yesterday but failed to exercise. End of the month and in accounting that means close for the next 8 business days. Yuck....my least favorite thing to do. Neighborhood yardsale on Saturday so I am eliminating my too big clothes!!!!!! Hopefully someone will want them and if not.....Goodwill here I come!

Fauxtini.....my adopted son is finishing off his first tour in Afghan and will be home hopefully the end of November. Hang in there and surround yourself with positive supportive peeps.

Mj5.....did you get your hair done and I missed your comments?

Have a great day to all us Bluesers!

Last edited by Iwanawurkit; 10-02-2008 at 06:30 AM.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:59 AM   #285  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Good Morning Bluesers!

All this talk of loved ones going off to war torn countries has me feeling very sad. I know how hard it is to miss the one you love and how it can distract you from other important things in your life. The most important advice I can give is...Do not isolate yourself. When you want to just be alone and cry...surround yourself with friends and family. Stay busy!

Fauxtini you are on the right track with staying with a friend and joining a gym. I know it will still be hard but that is the best way to take care of yourself. Keep it up!

I'm feeling a little blah about the whole diet/excersise thing today. I have lost some of my Rah Rah somewhere this week. My next goal is to be a size 14 by Thanksgiving when I go to Las Vegas! Maybe I need someting a little closer to focus on...hmmm...I'll have to ponder this one for a while...