Old 09-30-2008, 05:26 AM   #151  
WAF Blue Team

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Dora...hehe thank you. We are at a friends wedding back in april. The boy is scottish and was an usher at the wedding so he is all dressed up in his kilt outfit. I had to borrow that dress from a friend becuase none of my nice ones fit, and it is now too big for the wedding we have to go to in 3 weeks. Im on a mission to fit into something I have that is a wee bit too small at the moment. Promise to post pics after the event.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:05 AM   #152  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Dora - the Amish are evil, the bread is poisoned and if you eat you'll have to start dressing like them. Do you really want to be scorned all the time? Of course not

Irishkatt - Okay for some reason I think guys in kilts are kinda hot so I'm a little jealous of your picture also

Quixotica - I think wild dancing around the house is necessary at times for both physical and mental health! Good job of staying on plan. There's nothing wrong with a little treat every once in a while as long as you fit it in.

dubh - It sounds like stress is getting to you and playing with your head. You want to lose this weight, you want to be healthy and turning to food and not exercising is not going to accomplish those goals. Please just picture how awesome you will look and feel for your wedding day if you keep up and how blah you could feel if you throw your hands up and quit. Make time for yourself and you CAN do this and the weight will drop off and you will look happier and better! Scales - blah you know you didn't gain 5-6lbs its just a different scale, no worries.

Mollymom - Once the deadline passes I think Michelle just marks a freebie and we move on. Just make sure you make the deadline next week with a loss!!!

Practiceliving - good job on dinnner!
Old 09-30-2008, 07:15 AM   #153  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymom View Post
Did I misunderstand something? I missed the deadline for posting my weight (gain yuck and darn) this week in Blue Team weigh in, but I was going to post and fessup that I missed it (got working and forgot all about it), but when I got there the thread was closed? I had a horrible week, gained two, first time I have stress eaten in months...also no exercise, at least not formal, too darn busy, and when I do finish at work, my body won't cooperate with my brain as far as doing one more thing that day. I am definitely in a "fibro sucks" frame of mind right now :-(
I believe it is locked until the scores are tallied up. And then unlocked after Chellez gets things settled so people can continue to post their weekly weigh-ins. She'll mark the Freebie week if nothing was entered.

About the week. It's behind you now. And no worries! You'll take those 2 lbs off. Back to it, back to it, back to it!
Old 09-30-2008, 07:35 AM   #154  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Blueser!

I must keep it short today. I have a project due before training starts at 9:00. Training for my new job is going well. I really think I'm gonna enjoy working for the first time in a while. There will be quite a bit more stress...at least initially. I must be on guard with my eating and not turn to my old friend, food, for comfort.

Yesterday, I wogged for an hour and did the weights at the fitness center. This was the first time I worked out in over a week. My hamstrings are quite weak this morning. I wonder how sore I'll be this time?

Have a great on-plan day. I'll drop in later this afternoon to be "personal."

GO BLUE!
Old 09-30-2008, 07:36 AM   #155  
Made of Starstuff

Rhonda - Way to go on the exercise! You'll make it through today OP
Old 09-30-2008, 07:41 AM   #156  

S/C/G: 256/203/150

Height: 5'5"

Not sure why I am posting this morning....maybe so I can remain focused. I definitely don't want a repeat of last week. I was so pumped about my first week weigh in and then with the one pound gain for the 2nd week.....I let you all down and myself too. Not sure why my body wants to hang on to the weight. Bummer but hey, I will have a better week!

Last edited by Iwanawurkit; 09-30-2008 at 07:41 AM.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:35 AM   #157  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Smile

Morning Everyone
Hope everyone is doing good this Tuesday morning.

Not much going on here except I did hurt my hamstring saturday morning while working out. I was really pissed that it happened (and yes I also cried at the whole why me part ) cuz it meant a break in my workout routine for who knows how long. Luckily it seems it was a minor injury. Today I'm doing better and thinking of doing light treadmill in the evening to see how it goes. I lost only 1 lb earlier last week and then maintained at that loss rest of the week which of course did not make me happy. Turns out it's TOM for me today which explains lots of things going on with me for the past few days

As for favorite fall food...I don't think I have any. I just LOVE fall... atmosphere, colors, Halloween, weather...everything about it.

I'm a little late on personals here so please bear with me

Heather, super awesome that you resisted smoking. I know it's hard but you did it.

Faerie, I hate it too when people bring food here for others to eat (cakes, donuts, pastries etc). It makes it very hard at times. I'm happy that you were able to say no to candies It's just not worth it... 2 minutes of pleasure is 2 hours or at times 2 days of hardship

Jaime, you're too funny

Dumplin, that is an awesome loss girl. Keep it going

flagirl28, glad that your husband's surgery went well and he's coming home. Keep us posted.

Manick, your patio is gorgeous!!! I LOVE it. So when can I come over?

Iwanawurkit, sorry about the gain and that you're feeling bummed but it could have been worse so don't beat yourself down. It happens and we all go thru it. You stopped at half a cookie that's something...Just keep moving forward. You did not let us down. Keep posting if that helps you remain focused. I promise it will go down. And we're always here to help

dubh, look at you you're doing an awesome job. You jogged for 70 mins!! That is amazing You're so close to your goal so keep that in mind We all go thru this slump at times been there done that believe me. It is possible since you're working out more you're putting on more muscle mass which weighs heavier than fat. it will come down eventually. What can we do to help you get out of it? Are you under lot of stress? Wedding anxiety?

Dora, you're forgiven now get back on track and work off that bread girl. You're doing an amazing job!
Go go go go Dora

Rhonda, yay!!! you exercised and stayed OP. You'll probably be sore but it's a good soreness Glad you're enjoying the training.

Last edited by pintobean; 09-30-2008 at 08:45 AM.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:04 AM   #158  

Congratulations thin4good on being the Biggest Loser this week!!

Last edited by Fat Chick B Gone; 09-30-2008 at 09:32 AM.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:15 AM   #159  

G'morning everybody.

Quick check-in from me - loved the talk of apples and butternut squash, and the photos of Manick's puppy with the one ear up! Once again I don't have a whole lot to add, I'm eating OP but still don't have the exercise to go along with it (lazy, lazy, lazy, lazy, lazy, lazy Jaime). My sister is 3cm dilated/80% effaced, so the baby boy is definitely heading his way outta there... We thought for sure he'd be a September baby but it's looking like he'll be an October arrival instead! And finally, I'm kicking myself for leaving a really nice blazer on the bus yesterday afternoon - I am so mad at myself. They say nobody turned it in, either, so I'm not sure I'll ever see it again. It fit so well, and it was so flattering, and it was a freakin' 14 (which I've never been on top)! Arrrgh...

And that's about it.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 09-30-2008, 09:19 AM   #160  

Oh! And congrats Emily!

Last edited by chellez; 09-30-2008 at 09:44 AM.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:22 AM   #161  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by amouse View Post
first off congrats on the loss and as for the bathing suit... have you looked into getting a swimdress?? those things are fabulous.. i have one and love it.. without it there is no way i woukd go to the pool.. it covers the worst part of my legs.. this one is like mine..
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Brylane-Beach...QQcmdZViewItem

faerie i took one for the team.... i went into to toilets at your office.. wiped both my hands around the inside of the bowl in the mens.... omg it was gross the toilet brush is sitting there why cant they use it i mean that poop must been there all week ... but i did it for you.... then without washing my hands came back into the kitchen unwrapped the candy swisshed my hands threw the bowl wrapped them back up ... and then left

i then went to your (krjpy) office rubbed those same hands over the cakes in the fridge and then finally got to wash them.. if i get a stomach bug im gonna blame you two... lol
I can't do the little dress skirts. They make my butt look even bigger than is already is.

As for rubbing you hands all over the danishes ... all I can think to ask is did you do that before or after Jaime licked them???

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay View Post
No need to yell...You know what happened...now you know what you have to do to fix it...excersise and water...The question is...What will you do from now on?
I will run, run fast as I can, because I don't like gingerbread men

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubh View Post
Hi everyone. It has been a bad start to the week. I haven’t done any exercise for two reasons, 1) sore legs 2) lack of motivation. I am feeling unmotivated because it seems like I am doing so much exercise and not dropping much weight and time is running out before the wedding! : )
You need to make sure you are eating enough. If you have kicked up the exercise, and are doing 300 or more minutes a week, re-evaluate how much you are eating. I had this problem and added an additional fruit, starch, and 1/2 a protein and started losing weight again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doragone View Post
Kelly - I empathize with you and the cheese danish - the friendship bread called to me, even right after dinner, when I was full. I'll be so glad when it's gone. Now to find 4 people to give these starters to . . . I'm your friendly comiserator, signing off.
Dora - I have stepped away from the danish, now you can step away from the bread ... We will hold on to each other and keep each other from going back to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwanawurkit View Post
Not sure why I am posting this morning....maybe so I can remain focused. I definitely don't want a repeat of last week. I was so pumped about my first week weigh in and then with the one pound gain for the 2nd week.....I let you all down and myself too. Not sure why my body wants to hang on to the weight. Bummer but hey, I will have a better week!
The only way you could ever let us down is to quit on us. As long as you are here, that is a positive step in the right direction and for EVERYONE sometimes it is the only positive thing we have going that dat, but it is better than the alternative.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:26 AM   #162  
WAF Blue Team

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Question for the Day:
What is the one thing you are going to change from week 2 to week 3. What one thing will you do better, different, do at all?

I am going to make sure I get at least 80oz of water every day. I keeps me fuller, helps me lose weight steadily and means I dont feel sluggish after I exercise. I havent been doing it this week, but this is my commitment to doing it everyday this week.

BTW -well done Puffin

Old 09-30-2008, 09:29 AM   #163  
Made of Starstuff

Congratulations, Emily

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishkatt View Post
Question for the Day:
What is the one thing you are going to change from week 2 to week 3. What one thing will you do better, different, do at all?
Watch what I eat. It's not okay to use my points only for processedy foods. I need more whole grains, fruits & vegetables.

Last edited by chellez; 09-30-2008 at 09:43 AM.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:33 AM   #164  

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishkatt View Post
[B]Question for the Day:
I was in a funk last week and shaking it off this week. I got very little exercise last week also and that will be changing. Here's to a better week all!
Old 09-30-2008, 09:40 AM   #165  

S/C/G: 221.8/221.8/160

Height: 5'3

Wow there is soo much going on from the "D" Word and Amish Bread....It all sounds soooooo yummy. I am feeling a little better today, but definitly still not ready to exercise. Have a good OP Day Everyone!