Old 09-30-2008, 11:31 AM   #181  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

What is the one thing you are going to change from week 2 to week 3. What one thing will you do better, different, do at all?

Since I will be traveling, I WILL NOT use travelng as an excuse to eat things that are convienent/unhealthy. I must do the best with what is in front of me.

Traveling and being out of my normal routine is always a bad place for me to be in. I tend to veer away from what I should be doing. So this will be a big challenge for me in the coming week.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:36 AM   #182  
Blue Team Member

QOTD:

The one thing that I am going to change is that I am not going to use socializing as an excuse to be off plan. I am going to figure out how to socialize without calories. I am going to have to undo the damage of the weekend the entire week until next weigh-in. Geez, I never learn.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:53 AM   #183  
WAF Blue Team

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Sue..I do that. Its two steps forward during the week, one step back at weekends. So I spend mon and tues undoing sat and sun and then wed-friday loosing a wee bit more...its very annoying and counter-productive.

In a bid to undo this weekends damage (long weekend away with friends for a hen party, gained 3 lbs, but have lost 2 again) I have a nice big pot of curried butternut squash soup on the hob to have for lunches this week. I love it when the weather gets cool enought to have soup for lunch every day. Going to spend the weekend making a few different kinds to freeze so I can grab a one for lunch everyday and have a choice. Yum
Old 09-30-2008, 12:08 PM   #184  
Intuitive Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxtini View Post
What is the one thing you are going to change from week 2 to week 3. What one thing will you do better, different, do at all?

Since I will be traveling, I WILL NOT use travelng as an excuse to eat things that are convienent/unhealthy. I must do the best with what is in front of me.

Traveling and being out of my normal routine is always a bad place for me to be in. I tend to veer away from what I should be doing. So this will be a big challenge for me in the coming week.

I hope your move goes well for you and that you adjust well to all the changes in your life. I like the new pic too, looks like you've got faerie wings!
Old 09-30-2008, 12:23 PM   #185  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Serenity View Post
looks like you've got faerie wings!
Haha! I never noticed that till now! I like the pic more now hahaha

Im sure the next 12 months will have me on the site even more than usual. Keep my busy, ladies!

Last edited by mountain mama; 09-30-2008 at 12:24 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:49 PM   #186  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Great job blue team!!!!!

QOTD: I will put more oompf into my exercise--not just going through the motions, but REALLY putting something behind it. It feels good to get all hot and sweaty, right?
Old 09-30-2008, 12:54 PM   #187  

Height: 5ft 2in

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishkatt View Post
a nice big pot of curried butternut squash soup on the hob

Ooh I LOVE butternut squash but have never made a soup from it. My mouth is watering just imagining it! What do you put in with it?
Old 09-30-2008, 12:56 PM   #188  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

QOTD: What is the one thing you are going to change from week 2 to week 3. What one thing will you do better, different, do at all?

I've been really good about the exercise, but my eating isn't as strict as it could be. I need to fix that. Also, my mom and aunt are coming to visit for a week, so I need to be on top of my food choices 100%. Luckily my aunt was at some point this summer, on Weight Watchers. I don't know if she still is (she can't weigh more than 130), but at least she would understand if I said "I can't eat that".

I need to be better about planning my food.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:01 PM   #189  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

QOTD: What is the one thing you are going to change from week 2 to week 3. What one thing will you do better, different, do at all?

I will start to incorporate some variety in my excersise routine. Take a couple of days off from walking and use the wii fit to get some strenght training in.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:33 PM   #190  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself about last night's dinner out. As an added bonus, my dinner ended up being half-off because it was a 2-for-1 night and one of my girlfriends ordered the same meal as me!

Today I'm walking a careful line between allowing myself a treat because it's my last day at my job and not overindulging. After work, I've got to stop at the grocery store to get some things for lunch the rest of the week - any suggestions for packed lunches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishkatt View Post
[B]Question for the Day:
Hmmm an excellent question! This week my focus is on getting over this sinus infection (seriously, it's grossing me out) and making sure I get enough SLEEP. I need to start getting back to 8-9 hours a night, instead of 6-7hours. I eat better, feel better, and am a nicer person when I get enough sleep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
We must be buttah, cuz we're on a roll!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxtini View Post
I'm sitting in a barren apartment right now. The movers just left. The last think I packed up was my scale.. so no weighing in for a couple of days for me.

I don't know hardcore of a week this will be for me.. with moving and saying bye to hubby.. but I will be doing my best
Take care of yourself this week - not just by eating right and moving your body, but also by taking care of your mental health! Get some sleep, and treat yourself nicely while you move and adjust to hubby being gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling1 View Post
The one thing that I am going to change is that I am not going to use socializing as an excuse to be off plan. I am going to figure out how to socialize without calories.
I struggle with this too! My two big things are saying NO to alcohol completely or limiting myself to one drink, and being strong against food/alcohol pushers. My friends seem to think that if I'm not drinking/indulging with them, I'm condemning them, which is NOT true! I just have to make the right decisions for me.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:38 PM   #191  
WAF Blue Team

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Its very very easy.

2 butternut squashes, peeled and diced
1 onion, chopped
1 chilie, chopped (optional, I like it spicy, leave it out if you dont.
3 cloves of garlic (I like it garlicy, reduce the amount if you want less), minced
1 pt vegetable stock
1 pint water
100g coconut cream
1 tablespoon medium curry paste

Fry the onion, garlic and chilie in a big pot, in a little bit of oil for a few minutes, add the squash and fry for 5 minutes, add the curry paste and fry for 5 more. Make sure the heat isnt too high or it will stick and burn the spices. Add the stock, water and coconut cream, and simmer for 30 minutes or until squash is tender. Whizz until smooth. I added only 50g of the coconut milk to start but it was too spicy so added the rest after i whizzed it. Just put it back on the hob and allow it to heat up and mix the coconut in. It comes to about 1100 Kcal for the whole thing according to The Daily Plate...I've never made it before, was just making it up as I go. It tastes really good, but will let you know how many portions I get from it, at least 6 though.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:49 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 281/264/150

Height: 5'5"

aargghhhhhh....

Can't keep up with life these days. Too many posts but I'll try and catch up. Things are going ok for me. Didn't make it to the gym for my regularly scheduled Monday so I went today instead. Gotta keep up with my 4 times a week goal.

I hope everyone else is doing ok!!
Old 09-30-2008, 02:01 PM   #193  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

How amazing, WE WON on this week of filling our cheeks with nuts for the winter!!!

And congrats to EMILY - biggest loser of the week!

QOTD - I will imagine any friendship bread as being slimed by Amy, Jamie and Faerie and refuse to accept a bag of starter - ever again!

I too am sitting here in my exercise clothes - so I'm off to WATP 5 mile, at least I've been consistent there. No weights for my legs for awhile until acupuncture treatment complete. Knee is much better - don't want to blow it.

Later you losers!!!

Dora
Old 09-30-2008, 02:12 PM   #194  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Default I am here to cheerlead with a recipe

2 T EVOO
2 large onions, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 16-oz cans white beans, drained
2 16-oz cans kidney beans, drained
2 16-oz cans black beans, drained
2 14.5-oz cans veggie broth
2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes
1.5 tsp thyme
3/4 c grated romano

In large soup pot , heat oil over med heat, cook onion and garlic until translucent. Add remaining ingredients through thyme and mix well. Salt and pepper to taste and heat until nice and hot. Top with generous serving of grated romano and serve.

I do not have the serving size....
464 cal
10 g fat
25 g protein
70 g carb
17 g fiber
12 mg chol
1494 sodium
Old 09-30-2008, 02:15 PM   #195  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Ahhhhh choices butternut soup or the bean chili??? ah yes both